Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha_MVYIL-GE

I don't really know what I'm looking at here, but it's Japanese, it has online multiplayer and it'll be released next week in both regions for $5/5EUR.

Pope Guilty posted:

I haven't played 2, but Adventure Island was an okay if bland side-scroller.

The second game has Yoshi-style animal helpers but is pretty much more of the same, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't really know what I'm looking at here, but it's Japanese, it has online multiplayer and it'll be released next week in both regions for $5/5EUR.

One of the middleware developers is named Fun Unit and I laughed because I'm secretly twelve.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

The second game has Yoshi-style animal helpers but is pretty much more of the same, I think.

In that case, 2 was the one I played. It's not a bad game, it's just a fairly bland one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pope Guilty posted:

I haven't played 2, but Adventure Island was an okay if bland side-scroller.

The SNES games had awesome Yuzo Koshiro soundtracks, I've no idea if the same can be said of the NES versions.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Well, at least they released a game that'll be in NES remix 2 this week. Doesn't change the fact that its NES Golf and its not worth the asking price.

I think that just leaves Lost Levels and SMB3. And now that SMK has been announced for Europe I expect NoA to put it up around the same time.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
PICTOBITS owns, everyone get it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So I picked up Tappingo. Literally the very first line of the tutorial has a typo. Oh dear.

E: This game is not very good

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 6, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Has there been any news on more Sega 3d remakes like Sonic 2 or Streets of Rage 2?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PAL update (week of March 6):

NA update (week of March 6):
What are the odds that Super Mario 3 on VC is Nintendo's big E3 announcement?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Yumi's Odd Odyssey (Sayonara Umihara Kawase) is coming out on march 20th in NA. For $29.99.

Yikes, more than I thought it'd be. But I suppose it's a full game, and they need to make some money on it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Quest For Glory II posted:

Are you gonna buy it?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

You mean, like, the entire announcement? "Nothing new to report, here's Mario 3"?

I'd give you 50/50.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Sarchasm posted:

You mean, like, the entire announcement? "Nothing new to report, here's Mario 3"?

I'd give you 50/50.

"Also, Smash Bros is delayed to 2015. Please understand."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DarkHamsterlord posted:

"Also, Smash Bros is delayed to 2015. Please understand."

The entirety of Super Mario Bros 3 is a stage in Smash Bros.

The entire game.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So I picked up Tappingo. Literally the very first line of the tutorial has a typo. Oh dear.

E: This game is not very good

Goodbye Galaxy Games are always buyer beware even at 3 bucks.

How the developer manages to screw up the interface each time is astounding. It's almost as if they programmed the touch screen to be less responsive.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

The amount of angry essay-long NeoGAF posts that will result from this will be worth it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Mercury Crusader posted:

The amount of angry essay-long NeoGAF posts that will result from this will be worth it.

Can you imagine how much Super Mario Brothers 3 would have sold on a Sony console?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd be down with it if they present exactly like they did in The Wizard.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Spacebump posted:

Has there been any news on more Sega 3d remakes like Sonic 2 or Streets of Rage 2?

There's a second batch of them coming in Japan, but that's the last word I've seen. No announced titles or anything. At the earliest I'd expect some to come out this summer in Japan, and who knows when elsewhere.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Discount Viscount posted:

There's a second batch of them coming in Japan, but that's the last word I've seen. No announced titles or anything. At the earliest I'd expect some to come out this summer in Japan, and who knows when elsewhere.

Other than Afterburner 2, that's the only one that's been announced.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Oh right, I forgot about that. That's gonna be rad.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SMB3 is a NES Remix 2 game, so it'll be out before that's released in April (or on the same day, probably).

3D Afterburner II has been out for a while in Japan and yeah, it's cool. They even added a new arrange mode with new mechanics, a goofy story, etc.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Denpa Men 3, out this summer. Called it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwd-8rt6kuA

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SMB3 is a NES Remix 2 game, so it'll be out before that's released in April (or on the same day, probably).

3D Afterburner II has been out for a while in Japan and yeah, it's cool. They even added a new arrange mode with new mechanics, a goofy story, etc.

I don't know why you'd assume this. NoA might just forget and accidentally release Adventures of Lolo 2.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
A new Inti Creates 3DS eShop game was just announced at BitSummit: Azure Strike Gunvolt!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wm8-DsVqHE

Directed by the same guy that did the Megaman Zero series, apparently. ESRB pending, ie it's being localised.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 7, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Was Inti Creates not content with just the one Megaman knockoff? Oh well I'm sure it will be pretty good, Inti Creates is solid.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Seems like a Megaman Zero knockoff specifically, meaning I have no complaints.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PAL update (week of March 6):

NA update (week of March 6):

As always NOA is hopeless about listing sales/discounts, so if you notice anything that I haven't listed, let us know! (I suspect Denpa Men 2 is probably on sale in NA, too, for example.)

Denpa Men 2 is $8.39
Power Rangers Megaforce $19.99

Tons of cheap cash in titles on sale:
Brunch Panic $2.79
World Conqueror 3D $3.99
Alien Brick Breaker $7.99
Viking Invasion 2 $4.99
Jewel Match 3 $5.99
3D Mahjong $3.99
Funfair party games $6.99
Murder on the Titanic $5.99
Gardenscapes $5.99
3D Game Collection $4.99
Jewel Master: Cradle of Egypt 2 3D $9.95
Secret Agent Files $4.99
Fishdom 2 $3.99
Angry Bunnies(yeah...) $6.99
My Exotic Farm $6.99
My Farm 3D $6.99
Krazy Kangaroo $1.99
SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition $1.99
Monster Shooter $1.99

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

greatn posted:

I don't know why you'd assume this. NoA might just forget and accidentally release Adventures of Lolo 2.

I would be totally okay with this outcome.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Pope Guilty posted:

In that case, 2 was the one I played. It's not a bad game, it's just a fairly bland one.

They're somewhat unique (at least at the time) for being fairly momentum based. Once you got into it it had a much different feel than the standard platformer of the time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE is dillydallying on the press release again this week, I wonder what's up this time. There's some scheduled eShop/Club Nintendo maintenance this week, maybe they're gonna spring something neat on us... (they won't)

I can say that the new Pokemon Trozei/Link game is out in PAL-land this week - it's called Pokemon Link Battle over here, and it looks a little more PxD-ish than the last one. It'll cost about 8EUR, from memory.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, nhere are your Club Nintendo digital rewards for this month:

quote:

Bonsai Barber (WiiWare) - 250 Coins
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (3DS VC [Game Boy]) - 150 Coins
Number Battle (DSiWare) - 200 Coins
Yoshi (Wii VC) - 200 Coins

Bonsai Barber was by some ex-Rare dudes, and I remember Nintendo pimped it a bit when it came out, but I don't really remember whether it was actually any good.

Number Battle ("Sujin Taisen: Number Battle" outside of NA) was developed by the now-defunct Mitchell Corp for Nintendo, and from what I recall it was pretty good. I think it even has online multiplayer, too, not that it'll matter for much longer.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Bonsai Barber is a pretty amusing game, but it only lets you have 5 customers per day which're also randomized, unless you've made an appointment with a specific one at a later date. Most of the overly elaborate "hair"styles also tend to be way too vague on what the hell the game actually wants you to do in regards of getting 5 stars on them, but I guess that's only for ridiculously OCD people to worry about.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Gameboy Kid Icarus is pretty fun! It's not the longest game, but there's a decent amount there. Also, unlike the NES game, if you fall in a vertical level, the screen just scrolls down rather than having you die.

The big thing to avoid in it is moving through the game without killing things- most levels have a room toward the end where Zeus will give you an arrow that increases your damage by one point if you've killed enough things in that level (the frame of the game is that the first three worlds are Pit training to be worthy to use the three treasures), and at the end of each level you get another box added to your lifebar if you've gained enough points. Oh, also, there's generally a key hidden inside a normal-looking block near the exit- if you've been in all the doors in the level, breaking the block (generally only the appropriate block will break, so feel free to try lots of blocks with your hammer) will reveal the key and open all the doors up again, but if you've missed any doors, the block will be empty when you break it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

Gameboy Kid Icarus is pretty fun! It's not the longest game, but there's a decent amount there. Also, unlike the NES game, if you fall in a vertical level, the screen just scrolls down rather than having you die.

The big thing to avoid in it is moving through the game without killing things- most levels have a room toward the end where Zeus will give you an arrow that increases your damage by one point if you've killed enough things in that level (the frame of the game is that the first three worlds are Pit training to be worthy to use the three treasures), and at the end of each level you get another box added to your lifebar if you've gained enough points. Oh, also, there's generally a key hidden inside a normal-looking block near the exit- if you've been in all the doors in the level, breaking the block (generally only the appropriate block will break, so feel free to try lots of blocks with your hammer) will reveal the key and open all the doors up again, but if you've missed any doors, the block will be empty when you break it.

Well, most of that applies to the NES game too, but naturally it was tougher there because of the death by falling and whatnot.

Anyway, another .30 VC Promo game, and its loving Yoshi of course, not even worth the coins.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The Gameboy one is way better than the NES one though, despite the smaller screen and lack of color. The music is better, and it's not as stupidly hard for instance

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Elliotw2 posted:

The music is better

No way did you just say that Hip Tanaka got smoked by some random TOSE dude.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Kid Icarus on the NES makes my ears bleed, sorry.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 13):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Double Dragon (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Super Dodge Ball (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Dr. Luigi (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 from March 13-18
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 from March 13-18
    BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.33 from March 13-20
    New Super Luigi U (NSMBU DLC) - €14.99 / £13.49 until March 13
    Super Mario Bros. (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 until March 13
    Darksiders 2 (Wii U) - €39.99 / £31.99 until March 13
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop)- €6.79 / £53.49 unil March 13

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Yoshi's New Island (March 14) - €39.99 / £34.99
3DS eSHOP
    Pokemon Link: Battle - €7.99 / £7.19
    Cube Tactics - €4.99 / £4.49
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot - €2.99 / £2.69
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS) - €31.99 / £27.99 from March 13-18
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 from March 13-18
    Marvel Pinball 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.19 from March 13-20
    Star Wars Pinball 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.19 from March 13-20
    Zen Pinball 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.19 from March 13-20
    WAKEDAS (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 from March 13-27
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 from March 13-27
    World Conqueror 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from March 13-27
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. (3DS) - €31.99 / £27.99 until March 13
    Super Mario Bros (3DS VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 until March 13
    Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until March 13

The Year of Luigi sale is running into a second week, with discounts on Dr. Luigi (Wii U eShop), Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS) and SMB2 (Wii U/3DS).

Super Dodge Ball is part of the Kunio-kun series that includes River City Ransom, Renegade and Crash & the Boys Street Challenge, for those who didn't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Yo NA dudes, nhere are your Club Nintendo digital rewards for this month:

Bonsai Barber was by some ex-Rare dudes, and I remember Nintendo pimped it a bit when it came out, but I don't really remember whether it was actually any good.

Number Battle ("Sujin Taisen: Number Battle" outside of NA) was developed by the now-defunct Mitchell Corp for Nintendo, and from what I recall it was pretty good. I think it even has online multiplayer, too, not that it'll matter for much longer.

Is there a UK equivalent to Club Nintendo digital rewards?