Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Full list of Things we know at this point in time

New things we’ve just learnt

Skills posted:

Swords

40: You practise moving with a blade – sidestepping, charging and lunging.

50: You practise using your blade to disarm opponents or shove them backwards.

60: You spar with a partner, trading blows while looking for opportunities to tag each other.

Archery

10: You learn how to twist and wax bowstring from a variety of fibers.

20: You learn to cut, fletch and tie arrows.

30: You learn about different styles and sizes of bows – long, short and recurve.

40: You learn about caring for your bow – how to store it between uses, string and unstring, and check for damage or wear. You also learn that you should never “fire” a bow without an arrow on the string.

Polearms

10: You learn about a variety of long weapons, from the quarterstaff to the spear to the halberd and glaive.

20: You practise walking while carrying a long weapon, getting the feel for its size and weight and learning to maneuver without banging it into anything unintentionally.

30: You learn the basic stances, grips and positions for staff fighting, and how to block a blow without crushing your fingers.

Resist Magic

60: You learn how to quickly flare magical shields around you to deflect an incoming attack. This uses much less energy than a constant shield, but it requires good timing to be effective.

70: You learn how to maintain a low-level deflection shield, so that magical attacks not directly targeted at you will slide harmlessly aside. This doesn’t need much power, so you can keep it up for long periods of time.

80: You learn how to directly counter offensive magic with your own power, so that you can “burn out” a spell that someone else has cast. This is very dangerous if the other spell is too powerful!

Internal Affairs

What you learned after Lord Adair was assassinated in Week 26: The Earl of Ishtar's first wife and oldest daughter also died under mysterious circumstances.)

What you learned from a failed Foreign Intelligence check in Week 26: The Earl of Ishtar’s other daughter married young and died giving birth to Adair. With Adair dead, the only family the Earl of Ishtar has left is his second wife and their son Connor , who's fifteen.

Skill Checks posted:

Week 22
Choosing “Send Lord Adair to his grandfather” => Lord Adair is assassinated in Week 26

Week 23
Intrigue - Skill Level 190 was enough to pass
Foreign Intelligence - Skill Level 62.4 was not enough to pass
Instrument + Voice - Instrument 0 / Voice 0 was not enough to pass

Week 25
Logistics + Trade - Instrument 0 / Voice 0 was not enough to pass

Week 26
Foreign Intelligence - Skill Level 52.4 was not enough to pass

Weekend activity - Getting past the guards at the treasury
Skill Level 91.2 was enough to pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What we currently know about Elath and Lord Adair

What you learned from internal affairs (70): Several generations back, the rulers of Elath and Sedna in neighbouring Talasse married. The citizens of Elath objected to this foreign influence, and the resulting heir died in suspicious circumstances, after which the title was passed to a distant branch of the family rather than another child of the Elath-Sedna union.

What you learned from King-Dowager Joslyn aka Elodie’s father: After Fabian (Earl of Titan and Duke-Regent of Elath) passes away, the heir is young Lord Adair, who will not reach his fifteenth birthday for over two years. His step-mother is Arisse the Duchess of Lillah. The Duchies of Lillah and Elath are neighbouring territories.

What you learned from a failed Novan History check in Week 22: Lillah and Elath comprise almost the entire eastern border of the Kingdom of Nova.

What you learned from a partially successful Internal Affairs check in Week 22: Duchess Arisse’s previous husband was supposed to be a nasty piece of work. He may even have attacked Adair’s mother before her untimely death. He’s gone now, of course, but she (Duchess Arisse) is still the sort of woman who married a monster.

What you learned from King-Dowager Joslyn aka Elodie’s father: Lord Adair has a living grandfather, the Earl of Ishtar.

What you learned after Lord Adair was assassinated in Week 26: The Earl of Ishtar's first wife and oldest daughter also died under mysterious circumstances.)

What you learned from a failed Foreign Intelligence check in Week 26: The Earl of Ishtar’s other daughter married young and died giving birth to Adair. With Adair dead, the only family the Earl of Ishtar has left is his second wife and their son Connor , who's fifteen.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Blame the victim. Dumbass should have studied more swords/espionage/poison.

Except he's dead and the skillcheck failed so nobody.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Don't blame. He's probably not the killer and maybe we'll get a chance down the line to do something about it.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Don't blame him. If it was an inside job, then it probably would have happened by way of an unfortunate hunting accident, rather than assassins.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Don't Blame, look at our intelligence report. If we kill off the grandfather, that one woman will control a shitton of our kingdom! We can't let her amass that much power, she'll be a threat. Just... just stop sending people over to that one Earl's place. Lock the door or some poo poo.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

The Blame Game

Blame the Earl of Ishtar: 21

Blame no one: 15

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

He's either a traitor or incompetent. He's useless as an Earl.

Don't vote for classes!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Well may as well execute him then.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Prison. We want to be able to question him later.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Execute him. It's probably more merciful than sticking him in a dank dungeon.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Off with his head! Knowing this game, he'd somehow escape from prison with bullshit magic powers and come murder us if we don't kill him first. I'm still leery about the chain-fingers guy from earlier.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Imprison Him, exactly what I was hoping would be an option. This way, if turns out it wasn't him, he can be released.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Let's imprison him in one cell, and his head in the other. :getin:

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Don't kill him. I can only imagine that by striking down an old, frail man, you'll only make him even more powerful than you could ever imagine.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
If we're going this route we may as well really go this route and execute him.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Murder Queen's gotta murder, Execution

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

I don't think the Duchess of Lillah will really appreciate us cutting off her husband's head, even if he does deserve it. Wait, checked the list of what we know - she was married to Adair's father, not his grandfather. Still, we have just lost another noble, so imprison him rather than lopping off yet another's head.

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 6, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Die die die! :black101:

(execution)

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Murder Queen's gotta murder, Execution

Execute everyone. How long until magical steampunk chainsaws?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Honestly I'm hoping we die soon, right now the thread title feels less and less true by the update.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

nielsm posted:

Honestly I'm hoping we die soon, right now the thread title feels less and less true by the update.

You're misreading it. It means corpses made BY the princess, not of her.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The last time we sent someone to the dungeons it went so well.

Sir Iyln! Bring me his head!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I still don't think he did it. :colbert: So I guess that means imprisoning him is the more merciful option. Uh, by the way, did we ever get around to fixing that huge gaping hole left in the prison walls after the demon guy escaped?

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Off with his head! Maybe we can give a bone of his to our attack dog in-training as well.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Imprison him!

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
So much bloodthirst. That can't be good for the poor girl's psyche.

Imprison him.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Off with his head!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

VinnyDonuts posted:

So much bloodthirst. That can't be good for the poor girl's psyche.

It is as though a thousand mouths cry out in pain.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I stand by what I said earlier: hang the bastard!

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Imprison him.

We don't know for sure he did it, and we can't bring him back from the dead, unless we're really good at Lumening.

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe
Our prison has already proven to be incapable of holding anyone in it, so we'll just skip that whole step and go straight to the murderRighteous Execution

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Execute him like an office copy of minesweeper.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Execute the poor fool who lost most of his family to his second wife's machinations to install her son as uncontested heir. That'll show him!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

gently caress it go full murder queen

Execute Him

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Imprison

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Imprison

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Execution, no more of this prison break poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
The world is cruel
The world is wicked
Execute this fool so you can show up this whole city
This is your only choice
We who keep you, teach you, feed you, dress you
Them who look upon you with fear
How can you be safe, girl, unless you