Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Steve Vader posted:

I am an Old Man on the Internet as well, and I hated Bumblebee BECAUSE he was constantly on screen, clogging up my robot time with his dumb yellow head and his dumb human buddies. I always wanted all robots all the time. SHOW THE GUY WITH THE LIGHT-UP TALKY-EARS MORE!

I've always had a soft spot for the "nice guy" character, be it Bumblebee, Rhinox, Geordi LaForge, Queequeg, or Joseph Cotten's character in Citizen Kane. It probably says more than I'm comfortable with that I always root for the boring, nice guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Great, now I have to find a fedora for Bumblebee.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd sooner go with a bunch of tattoos and a harpoon.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Seeing Bumblebee means we're that much closer to seeing Ultra Magnus

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Very interesting...

MBC002 Military Titan

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

The Rage posted:

Seeing Bumblebee means we're that much closer to seeing Ultra Magnus

ughhh right? SHOW HIM TO ME.

In other news I pre-ordered FanToys Scoria. Once I saw him on CapturedPrey for $185, I could not resist. I'm limiting my third-party buys to Dinobots and Lost Light crew that don't seem like Hasbro will do a decent job with...and not-Snarl definitely fits the bill.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

He looks drat good. I wasn't planning on getting an upgrade set for that Bruticus but man.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Gammatron 64 posted:

and the human characters in G1 weren't annoying (well, except for Daniel, but he came later).

Chip parachute account spotted.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That almost makes me want to get the Grimlock/Bruticus set. But not really.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

That really is a huge improvement. Hard to say if it's really worth like $150 after shipping and stuff, though.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Comfortador posted:

Chip parachute account spotted.

Look man, nobody is truly disabled as long as you have COURAGE!

*rips a 5 and 1/4 floppy disk in half*

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Look man, nobody is truly disabled as long as you have COURAGE!

*rips a 5 and 1/4 floppy disk in half*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo! Optimus's brain was in there!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Awkward robot hug! PAT. PAT.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I'm with Ka0 on this, that MP Bumblebee looks great and has super bonus Spike Exo Suit, but gently caress Bumblebee since G1, I always hated him from the start.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

EthanSteele posted:

This is gonna be my MP10 and Bumblepuff

Bumbs ain't smilin' he's just gonna burp milk onto Prime's shoulder

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

Bumbs ain't smilin' he's just gonna burp milk onto Prime's shoulder

Do you know hard it is to get milk out of Cybertronian alloys?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

He looks drat good. I wasn't planning on getting an upgrade set for that Bruticus but man.

There's a lot of pics over at tfw2005, he looks wicked. I'm completely in if they release a platinum/SDCC -colored set.

It looks like you have to disassemble Blast off and Vortex a bit, but man, I don't care since it gives it proper elbows. Plus it comes with proper hands and legs for Brawl and closes some of Swindle's empty spaces!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Rhyno posted:

Do you know hard it is to get milk out of Cybertronian alloys?

And if you don't wash it immediately you can't get the drat smell out of your transformation cog for years.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Goldskull posted:

I'm with Ka0 on this, that MP Bumblebee looks great and has super bonus Spike Exo Suit, but gently caress Bumblebee since G1, I always hated him from the start.

Thirded. I want a Goldbug to come from this though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

There's a lot of pics over at tfw2005, he looks wicked. I'm completely in if they release a platinum/SDCC -colored set.

It looks like you have to disassemble Blast off and Vortex a bit, but man, I don't care since it gives it proper elbows. Plus it comes with proper hands and legs for Brawl and closes some of Swindle's empty spaces!

I'm going to have to buy 4 of them, one for each Bruticus and one for Ruination.

I wonder if we're going to get anymore combiners for generations down the road.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I unironically loved the original version. :getin:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
What mold even is that, it's not familiar to me.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Payload from the first movie line.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

Here you go, dearies, have a better quality version of that pic:

I haven't been buying any of the Masterpiece cars because I don't like their 30 year old alt-modes, but I'll be in for this. The VW bug is timeless, unlike, say, a 280Z. Is the chest fake though? I thought at first it was because of the lack of clear plastic side windows in vehicle mode, but the more I look the more it looks like it really is the windshield and roof. Maybe the pictures are from two different protos testing different plastic options?

If ever there was a set that needed Reprolabels. I wonder if they'll be willing to tempt the wrath of PepsiCo though? Hopefully if they don't some Chinese company will.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I think the Masterpiece cars may be the best Transformers ever made. They're the perfect size, they are super detailed and have nice rear end paint jobs, they're realistic, accurate, very articulated, and they are all worth having, because they go the extra mile and remold parts on all of them and make each unique, even when they didn't have to.

Really, the only things keeping the MP cars from being perfect are rubber tires and functioning doors \ interiors but you can't have everything.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
My RiD Car Brothers and their decaying wheels say otherwise.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

An Angry Bug posted:

My G1 Red Alert's perfect tires say that maybe not all rubber tired are created equal (they also say hi)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think the Masterpiece cars may be the best Transformers ever made. They're the perfect size, they are super detailed and have nice rear end paint jobs, they're realistic, accurate, very articulated, and they are all worth having, because they go the extra mile and remold parts on all of them and make each unique, even when they didn't have to.

Really, the only things keeping the MP cars from being perfect are rubber tires and functioning doors \ interiors but you can't have everything.

Change the thread title to this post

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So my KO MP Sideswipe arrived! Two MP guys for £28 ($50), not bad! Now I can compare him to Red Alert, Sideswipe is slightly lower in quality. His chest doesn't want to clip into place (and I don't want to force it too much). His leg joints are slightly loose, and his head will not stay together. It will flip open when he's just standing there! It's like there's a little spring in there constantly opening it. I've applied a little blu-tak to hold it together.

Still, I'm glad I got them, and now I want Prowl. However I can't see a Prowl that's as cheap as the Countach Cantech brothers. Is there a reported KO of him?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

An Angry Bug posted:

It's funny, my RiD toys have decaying tires but my G1s and G1 reissues are fine. My RiD Prime and Magnus are the cybertron rereleased too, so they're not as old as the first RiD release or the G1 reissues and their tires are still hosed up. My alternators don't seem to have problems either.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Might be climate-related, then. Apparently people in Florida have it really bad off. Either way, glad to hear they're not all doomed.

Also, I suck at customizing. Botched my fourth attempt at painting my copy of this last night, so I gave up and ordered Code.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nope, there was something about RiD era tires that made them snap real easy. My Optimus has ripped tires on one of his "shoes" but my Magnus is OK. I have earlier figures with rubber tires and they're perfect.

The_Doctor posted:

his head will not stay together. It will flip open when he's just standing there! It's like there's a little spring in there constantly opening it. I've applied a little blu-tak to hold it together.

I don't get how this happens, I'm guessing it's either the pin (wasn't placed straight enough) or the plastic part of the hinge might have to be sanded down... but you'd have to disassemble it for that.

I hope you can fix it while keeping it able to transform.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MP Bumblebee for $41 + shipping.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Tempting, but what's the shipping gonna cost to the USA?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

catch22 posted:

Tempting, but what's the shipping gonna cost to the USA?

Usually about $10 usd, you are still saving a solid amount from BBTS.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

therealjon_ posted:

Buy six for maximum savings

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

The downside is that you're paying now, not when it ships.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

The downside is that you're paying now, not when it ships.

I'm used to it using Captured Prey and ordering 3A stuff.

I actually don't mind anymore because then when the stuff ships I have no obligation since its long paid off. But I do get the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

Have you used them before?