Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Little of column a, little of column b.

It's really bad when I answer the phone and the first thing my Dad asks me is "What the gently caress is going on with your insane running back?"

Ross Sr. sounds pretty :coal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Parmesan Basil posted:

I got bored and I hosed around with the draft game thing and I got basically the ideal draft for the Chiefs. In this scenario, Cleveland trades up and we get an extra third which would be aces.
Round 1 Pick 26 (CLE): Odell Beckham, WR, LSU (B+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (CLE): Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas (A-)
Round 3 Pick 23: Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford (A)
Round 4 Pick 24: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A)
Round 5 Pick 23: Chris Davis, CB, Auburn (A)
Round 6 Pick 17: Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 6 Pick 24: Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming (A)

All of these would fill a need. Henderson is probably better than Fisher, he just needs to get his poo poo together. Davis is depth and he can return kicks, as we all know. Brett Smith is a football player from Wyoming so he owns by default.

Ed Reynolds at the end of the third would be a hell of a steal. I'd be happy with him in Balti in the mid second!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

SlipUp posted:

Ed Reynolds at the end of the third would be a hell of a steal. I'd be happy with him in Balti in the mid second!

Yeah, it'll never happen, but I love it anyways.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Doltos posted:

Bruce Smith,

Bruce Smith retired like 8 years ago.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
From Reddit

:psyduck:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Haha that's awesome, it looks like there's other sorta visible vertical lines as well which could probably be an artifact of giving a guy another 8th of an inch

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

From Reddit

:psyduck:

Wait what? Why? These have to be self-reported heights, right? Why would there be stigma against being 6' even?

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

I love how there are two clouds. One for regular athletes and one for oline and dtackles.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Burger Trench posted:

Wait what? Why? These have to be self-reported heights, right? Why would there be stigma against being 6' even?

Negative. Combine results are measured to the nearest 1/8th inch

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trindon Holliday's dot looks so lonely :smith:

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
My question is who is the WR that's 6'8 250 lbs?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Are we sure that's not Brandon Banks?

E: Bah, in reference to the lonely dot at the bottom left.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

John Brown posted:

Are we sure that's not Brandon Banks?

E: Bah, in reference to the lonely dot at the bottom left.

It could be, Trindon Holliday came out in like '08 I think

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's a dback so it's not Holliday

Or I could be colorblind. Or those colors could be so close I can't tell

e: When I see the dback and WR colors right next to each other it gets easier to tell the difference, I guess it is a WR after all

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

E2: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Murray considered to have one of the strongest arms of all college QBs?

John Brown fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 6, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

John Brown posted:

E2: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Murray considered to have one of the strongest arms of all college QBs?
Definitely not, no.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yeah in this class Mett is considered to have the strongest arm, followed by Bort I guess

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

So am I wrong to want Mettenburger in the 2nd or 3rd for the Texans? Will he disappoint?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

PrinceRandom posted:

So am I wrong to want Mettenburger in the 2nd or 3rd for the Texans? Will he disappoint?

No, that seems to be a good place to grab a QB. Especially if you didn't grab one in the first

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans are going to take Carr or Garoppolo and I will be all :pwn:

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

There's a good chance Mettenberger ends up being the best QB in this draft.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska's pro day was today; Taylor Martinez (who worked out as a QB, WR and DB) supposedly ran a 40 timed "between 4.28 and 4.35."

If he gets drafted, I'm going to giggle for a long, long time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Toymachine posted:

He'll be drafted by Pittsburgh so he can one day perfectly fill the shoes of a boneheaded gunslinging brick of meat quarterback

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

Nebraska's pro day was today; Taylor Martinez (who worked out as a QB, WR and DB) supposedly ran a 40 timed "between 4.28 and 4.35."

If he gets drafted, I'm going to giggle for a long, long time.

I've watched his highlights and he looked...good.

What's the knock on him?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Toymachine posted:

I wouldn't call it a "good" chance

Like, if he's awesome, feel free to throw it in my face forever (I know bhsman will) but I don't think he'll amount to much

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

John Brown posted:

I've watched his highlights and he looked...good.

What's the knock on him?

As a QB or? As a quarterback his skills in the NFL would be...well highly questionable at best. As to everything else who knows? He's a 6'0 at best athlete, but he is a hell of an athlete.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

I wouldn't call it a "good" chance

Like, if he's awesome, feel free to throw it in my face forever (I know bhsman will) but I don't think he'll amount to much

Rapist or not, without that ACL tear I think he would have the potential to go in the top half of the 1st.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Toymachine posted:

Rapist or not, without that ACL tear I think he would have the potential to go in the top half of the 1st.

Welp, didn't know about him being a rapist. He'll never be a Texan, McNair will never allow it

e: Blitz, I responded to your PM, didn't see it before

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Toymachine posted:

Uggh, He is Big Ben. Stupid loving rear end in a top hat getting me excited.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
One side of me loves big armed QBs and would love one as a successor to Cutler.

The other side of me does not want a loving rapist on my team.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

To be fair, Mettenberger isn't a full on rapist, he's merely a misdemeanor sexual batterer, so Ben will still have a thing or two to teach him about football, and about life(rape).

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Toymachine posted:

Maybe. He's probably a real poo poo but that's not why I'm down on him. I like his arm and his frame a whole lot but his motion is wonky and even before his knee went to poo poo he had almost no mobility and was unable to do anything if the play broke down. He also has a slow wind-up which will probably be a real problem at the next level and his decision making was lovely before this year. He just seems like another big armed quarterback that won't be able to complete anything other than long play action bombs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

John Brown posted:

Eh. I say that he has an average arm because, while he can bomb it deep, it's often inaccurate. Many "weak arm" QBs are QBs that can bomb it deep but have no touch or anything on it, effectively making it a sitting duck. That's Morris. I think he has good velocity but his deep ball won't be pretty at the next level. NFL DBs track the ball infinitely better than NCAA ones.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

but really if you want a quarterback just wait a year and take Chuckie Keeton in the 3rd or whenever he ends up going because no one pays attention to Utah State

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Grittybeard posted:

As a QB or? As a quarterback his skills in the NFL would be...well highly questionable at best. As to everything else who knows? He's a 6'0 at best athlete, but he is a hell of an athlete.

He's also injury prone, and frankly I don't think he's smart enough to play DB.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

How bad is McShay's newest draft? Always been my understanding that between him and Kiper he was the one that was literally there just to look good and make ridiculous speculations.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Mett would be awesome in somewhere like Arizona with Arians's 'gently caress it, go deep' offense.

Toymachine posted:

Rapist. :rolleyes: Not to say he didn't gently caress up massively, but come on, goons.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

How bad is McShay's newest draft? Always been my understanding that between him and Kiper he was the one that was literally there just to look good and make ridiculous speculations.

It has Bortles to the Texans, which would make it loving terrible except that's what everyone else is doing. BEEP BOOP HOUSTON NEED QB BORTLES BIG QB TAKE BORTLES BEEP BOOP. :geno:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I'm irrationally convinced that Bortles will flop. It seems like he didn't even start showing up in mock drafts until December and just got slotted in the top 5 by default alongside Bridgewater and Manziel because TOOLS when the other hot QB prospects didn't declare.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Elotana posted:

I'm irrationally convinced that Bortles will flop. It seems like he didn't even start showing up in mock drafts until December and just got slotted in the top 5 by default alongside Bridgewater and Manziel because TOOLS when the other hot QB prospects didn't declare.

I completely agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Bortles is highly rated because of his tools and production; those seem like really good reasons to be rated highly, and he was in the discussion as a second day pick before Mariota pulled out

• Locked thread