Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

kik2dagroin posted:

-------------
Context: [url=www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26454988]German home-school family will not be depor

Plausible. Once they start deporting whites the white nationalists will finally enact their second amendment rights!!! :freep:

It amazes me how crazy people get about homeschooling whenever someone in the government goes "Hey so maybe we might have some standards for math and English knowledge so your child can function in the world".

I mean, rah rah freedom and all that, but there really does need to be standards. You can't just lock your kid in your house for sixteen years and teach him nothing but how Jesus faked the dinosaurs and expect him to not be rear end backwards when he leaves home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It amazes me how crazy people get about homeschooling whenever someone in the government goes "Hey so maybe we might have some standards for math and English knowledge so your child can function in the world".

I mean, rah rah freedom and all that, but there really does need to be standards. You can't just lock your kid in your house for sixteen years and teach him nothing but how Jesus faked the dinosaurs and expect him to not be rear end backwards when he leaves home.

They only disagree on whether being rear end backwards is a bad thing. :smith:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

robotsinmyhead posted:

You could force them into some sort of paradox / infinite-regression loop like Futurama robots:

Dear FReeper: Which of the following is the most important thing? Circle one:
Are Troops
Freedom
Hard Work
Family

*draws a square around all four, complains when ballot is marked invalid*

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

SedanChair posted:

*draws a square around all four, complains when ballot is marked invalid*

Obummer's vote fraud! :freep:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

SedanChair posted:

*draws a squareAN AMERICAN FLAG around all four, complains when ballot is marked invalid*

Freep Tax!

quote:

To: nickcarraway

BULLSHIT!

Obama has NOT “deported” 2 million illegals. What he did was change the policy that states that if you catch an illegal at the border and they agree to return to Mexico, they are released and then counted as “deported.” That is NOT a deportation, that is a catch & release. Those had been counted separately for YEARS, but Obama changed the rules so that those were also included in the “deportation” column!

They have no way of knowing, with certainty, that the illegal actually returned to his homeland! They “assume” that he did and count it like Obama has been kicking people out left and right.

Hell, his administration has been loosing more deportation cases than all 8 years of Bush! They stopped really trying to deport them. He wants to turn all of those illegals into US Democrats, er...uh..., I mean US Citizens! So, why the HELL would he be sending them home?

Because he IS NOT!

7 posted on March-06-14 3:38:11 PM by ExTxMarine (PRAYER: It's the only HOPE for real CHANGE in America!)

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Perhaps if we were to tag illegal immigrants with a tattoo of some sort we'd be able to see if Obama is truly deporting them or merely fudging the numbers with his dishonest 'catch & release' tactics! Or we can implement the highly sought after policy freepers really pine for, the 'catch & release & hunt for sport with assault rifles and unmanned drones'

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Having been steeped in the poisons vapors of right-wing conservatism growing up, I've been able to follow these threads, laugh at freepers, then go about my day without a care, but that last page of multiple people responding to a report of sexual assault with "LGBT people are perverts so getting raped is fun for them" just...
:smith:
People out there actually think that just being different is enough to deserve violence, and that it's funny when it happens
:smithicide:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

I was unaware that "Catch and release" was an official immigration term.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

VitalSigns posted:

Having been steeped in the poisons vapors of right-wing conservatism growing up, I've been able to follow these threads, laugh at freepers, then go about my day without a care, but that last page of multiple people responding to a report of sexual assault with "LGBT people are perverts so getting raped is fun for them" just...
People out there actually think that just being different is enough to deserve violence, and that it's funny when it happens

Take a break man, we all need it sometimes.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

Seconding the advice to consider taking a break. There are some topics I'll just skip because I already know what they're going to say, and I know I don't need to be reading that poo poo.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Hey half those children are girls so why so should they be concerned about them functioning without the authority of a man?:freep:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Hey half those children are girls so why so should they be concerned about them functioning without the authority of a man?:freep:

True, you don't need homeschooling at all. Just home ec, cookin' and breedin' and such.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
https://www.facebook.com/notes/divine-pharaoh/a-scenario-for-a-utopian-society/939453186184

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Two Oscar Voters Picked '12 Years A Slave' Without Watching It

quote:

To: Beave Meister
If you didn’t vote for it, you were a racist.

42 posted on 3/6/2014 9:51:21 PM by kaehurowing
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

so what movie will win in 2015? 12 Years Of the KKK?

6 posted on 03/06/2014 5:50:12 PM PST by Cruz_West_Paul2016
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Cruz_West_Paul2016
Don’t be surprised if it isn’t.

The KKK will be portrayed as all white male Republicans and their lynching victims will be nothing but Trayvon lookalikes trying to cast their first votes.

10 posted on 03/06/2014 5:55:44 PM PST by digger48
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: digger48
maybe some producer should make a movie called “25 Years Of The Redskins”, and see if it gets nominated, or maybe even, 25 years of “White Hispanics”.

17 posted on 03/06/2014 6:08:31 PM PST by Cruz_West_Paul2016
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: digger48
i can just vision the moment now, “The nominees for best film of 2014 are”.....”Typical White People”, “25 Years Of Racist Plantation Owners who own the NFL”, “250 Years Of “The N Word”,24 Months of White Hispanics,and finally,”376 Years Of White People Hating Everyone Who Ain’t White People”.

21 posted on 03/06/2014 6:14:18 PM PST by Cruz_West_Paul2016
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies ]

quote:

Gee, Political Correctness may have been the reason 12 Years a Slave won the Oscar for Best Picture.....
I have no intention of seeing the movie, but as soon as I heard about the Oscar award thing, PC was the very first thing that entered my mind. If it had not won, would they claim racism? I would say the chances of that would be better than even. I hate racists.

33 posted on 3/6/2014 8:52:13 PM by Mark17 (Chicago Blackhawks: Stanley Cup champions 2010, 2013. Vietnam Vet 70-71 Msgt US Air Force, retired)

quote:

Four years from now, when the “first” Obama movie is made, it will automatically earn the Oscar for best movie. Two years later, when Obama “part deux” is made, it will get a second Oscar for best movie.

When the movie about Osama bin Laden is made, it will be about how he was so misunderstood, and it too will get an Oscar from the politically correct dimwits in Hollywood.

A film about one of our founding fathers, or about Jesus Christ, won’t even be nominated for an Oscar.

Perhaps it’s time to establish a competitor to the Oscar, and it could be called, the “Reagan”, because, he was a movie star, and a president who believed in what America stands for, and didn’t go along with the politically correct BS.

39 posted on 3/6/2014 9:34:41 PM by adorno (Y)
Birth of a Nation: Reborn to win the first Reagan

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

kik2dagroin posted:

Two Oscar Voters Picked '12 Years A Slave' Without Watching It

For some frame of reference there are over 6000 Oscar voters.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Not freep but what started out as a news article on Facebook trying to crack down on private gun sales didn't take long to blossom into a cesspool of hurrrr 2nd Amendment gun rights: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1809526

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I'm seeing this posted all over D&D (here, politoon thread, crazy forward email thread, ...) and gently caress me if I'm gonna read that. Is there a TL;DR?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Crain posted:

I'm seeing this posted all over D&D (here, politoon thread, crazy forward email thread, ...) and gently caress me if I'm gonna read that. Is there a TL;DR?

Robot servants and mincome/flat taxes. You aren't missing much.

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

VitalSigns posted:

It also reflects their ignorance of the idea of consent. Rape and sex are indistinguishable to them, especially when said sex is deviant to their eyes.

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001

quote:

quote:
Four years from now, when the “first” Obama movie is made, it will automatically earn the Oscar for best movie. Two years later, when Obama “part deux” is made, it will get a second Oscar for best movie.

When the movie about Osama bin Laden is made, it will be about how he was so misunderstood, and it too will get an Oscar from the politically correct dimwits in Hollywood.

A film about one of our founding fathers, or about Jesus Christ, won’t even be nominated for an Oscar.

Perhaps it’s time to establish a competitor to the Oscar, and it could be called, the “Reagan”, because, he was a movie star, and a president who believed in what America stands for, and didn’t go along with the politically correct BS.

39 posted on 3/6/2014 9:34:41 PM by adorno (Y)

I'm pretty sure The Passion of the Christ won several Oscars. Did they forget about that, or was that not about the RUHL JESUS

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
A biodrama about Osama bin Laden life from his perspective sounds like an interesting movie and would most likely be legit Oscar bait.

It's almost as if freepers have trouble with empathy and only want to see perspectives and people like themselves shown in popular culture ....

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

King Metal posted:

I'm pretty sure The Passion of the Christ won several Oscars. Did they forget about that, or was that not about the RUHL JESUS

Well he was being played by a Catholic so that might put some of them off.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

King Metal posted:

It was nominated for some, but didn't win any.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

King Metal posted:

Nominated for a few technical Oscars, but didn't win any.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

King Metal posted:

Yeah it's not like there was a biopic of an american president in 2012 that won like three Oscars last year.

Oh wait, does he not count for freep because of the war of northern aggression stuff?

E: Also, Ben-Hur won like a dozen oscars.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

It's almost as if freepers have trouble with empathy and only want to see perspectives and people like themselves shown in popular culture ....

No, that's exactly it.

King Metal posted:

Catholics don't count as Christians in the eyes of Protestants. The feelings on the subject range from "wrong interpretation" to "Heathen Cult actively out to destroy Christianity". Which ignores the churches history and the fact that protestant sects all branched off in the middle ages.

Crain fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 7, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Crain posted:

Catholics don't count as Christians in the eyes of Protestants. The feelings on the subject range from "wrong interpretation" to "Heathen Cult actively out to destroy Christianity". Which ignores the churches history and the fact that protestant sects all branched off in the middle ages.

To be fair, there's a certain amount of that coming from the other direction too. My grandmother always referred to Protestants as "Christianity's second string".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

To be fair, there's a certain amount of that coming from the other direction too. My grandmother always referred to Protestants as "Christianity's second string".

Oh yeah, absolutely.

But at the same time (and this is being colored by about 18 years of Catholic upbringing, so, yeah) when you have Protestant sects like Church of England that were started over wanting a divorce it kinda makes me go "Really? You think you have a closer tradition to 'God'?". I'm an atheist now (like many products of Catholic education), so it's all silly, but at least Catholicism seems more internally consistent.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I think the argument from many protestants is that the Catholic Church was the stewards of God but corruption meant that new sects preaching the Real Gospel had to form. There's some that go into Jack Chick crazy town of The Pope is the Whore of Babylon and so on. In which case I dont know why God sat on his rear end for 1500 years before doing something.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Crain posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely.

But at the same time (and this is being colored by about 18 years of Catholic upbringing, so, yeah) when you have Protestant sects like Church of England that were started over wanting a divorce it kinda makes me go "Really? You think you have a closer tradition to 'God'?". I'm an atheist now (like many products of Catholic education), so it's all silly, but at least Catholicism seems more internally consistent.
I remember someone here describing the Orthodox/Catholic divide as the Catholics praying for the Orthodox to reconcile and the Orthodox praying for the Catholics to convert to Christianity.

Didn't someone earlier say that Orthodox churches are having trouble from Freep types rolling up and trying to wedge in, since now the Pope is a homo loving Jesuit and it's the only option left short of snake handling?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Bunsen Honeydew up now

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hahahahahahaha:

quote:

Cruz will have a hard time getting anything done if he is President. He will have the Democrats filibustering everything and dodging every bill. Guaranteed. We need someone who inspires and that is Walker! A governor who can motivate and pass conservative bills has only been accomplished by a few and one of them is Governor Walker.

Walker-Bachmann 2016 if you are serious about conservative values. Laugh about Bachmann all you want but she was the ONLY one who was telling it like it is with regards to Obamacare. Of course the faux conservatives just laughed at her.....such a sad state of affairs.

12 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 8:51:41 AM by napscoordinator ( Santorum-Bachmann 2016 for the future of the country!)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
ANOTHER 'TOUGH TO WATCH' BLACK-ON-WHITE BEATING

quote:

To: Anila

Instead of calling it the “knockout” game, why don’t we just start calling it “transformation” game.

3 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 12:56:11 PM by Common Sense 101 (Hey libs... If your theories fly in the face of reality, it's not reality that's wrong.)

quote:

This is just reparations. Now sit down and shut up.

5 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 12:57:35 PM by E. Pluribus Unum (If Barack Hussein Obama entertains a thought that he does not verbalize, is it still a lie?)

quote:

generally always blacks attacking whites.....
and yet if a white guy defends himself HE is the racist killer . utter BS

6 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 12:58:59 PM by LeoWindhorse

quote:

OK...with this story and the clown in Seattle who asked for a bite of this guys burrito, before he punched him....

Time for some schooling...

When somebody is provoking you, with a rude request/demand, make sure you are ready for an attempted assault!

This usually means you create some space, if possible.
Don’t just sit there waiting to be the victim.

If you’re seated and “trapped”, think about reaching down for his ankle and yanking his feet out from under him.
Prefferably with a tendon tearing roll.

10 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 1:01:32 PM by G Larry (There's the Beef!)

Around blacks never act like a freeper

quote:

Sickening. If everyone here hasn’t talked to family members and friends about the knockout game, please do so.

Knowing this ‘game’ is being played means having situational awareness. Keep your eyes open and be suspicious. If you’re armed, good.

11 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 1:01:45 PM by Made In The USA (I'm not yelling, just... just talking enthusiastically..)

quote:

This is black racism. The only reason it is not pursued as such is due to the black racist in the White House and his black racist AG.

But that should not stop LOCAl authorities from going after these balck racist attackers using state and local laws as they were intended.

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander - or whatever.

13 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 1:05:17 PM by ZULU (Si vis pacem, para bellum)

quote:

Just doing the hating whitey was unwilling to do.

15 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 1:06:06 PM by TurboZamboni (Marx smelled bad and lived with his parents .)

quote:

What a lot of blacks have done has me checking my six more frequently. Lights out permanently for anyone trying it.

16 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 1:14:21 PM by onedoug

quote:

It always happens when you let animals out of their cages.

17 posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 1:14:57 PM by Vaduz

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

You just have to growl at them dirty libs enough and they'll pass what ever you want!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MattD1zzl3 posted:

A biodrama about Osama bin Laden life from his perspective sounds like an interesting movie and would most likely be legit Oscar bait.

Does Freep forget that Zero Dark Thirty won an Oscar and was nominated for best picture.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Acquilae posted:

Not freep but what started out as a news article on Facebook trying to crack down on private gun sales didn't take long to blossom into a cesspool of hurrrr 2nd Amendment gun rights: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1809526

"hardforum.com"

That's a gay bodybuilding site, right?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
:allears: The Republican Primaries can't come soon enough

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think the argument from many protestants is that the Catholic Church was the stewards of God but corruption meant that new sects preaching the Real Gospel had to form. There's some that go into Jack Chick crazy town of The Pope is the Whore of Babylon and so on. In which case I dont know why God sat on his rear end for 1500 years before doing something.

Sitting on His rear end and not doing anything is God's MO. According to His own PR book, for how many centuries did He sit on His rear end while His chosen people were enslaved in Egypt before He finally noticed?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?

VitalSigns posted:

Sitting on His rear end and not doing anything is God's MO. According to His own PR book, for how many centuries did He sit on His rear end while His chosen people were enslaved in Egypt before He finally noticed?

There's an old sci-fi book that talks about that. "Sirens of Titan" or something. Basically, it comes out and says "Yeah, God exists but he doesn't give a poo poo. He created the universe, why the gently caress would he care about you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dirt5o8 posted:

There's an old sci-fi book that talks about that. "Sirens of Titan" or something. Basically, it comes out and says "Yeah, God exists but he doesn't give a poo poo. He created the universe, why the gently caress would he care about you?"

Isn't that also essentially the deist position?

• Locked thread