Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

While I sort of support the notion of them doing the tour, more power to them. But I don't feel it translates to the podcast very well. It just sounds like a poorly recorded episode with an early 90s laugh track mixed in, it's really off putting.
I mean I say this but what do they do in lieu of that? Do a live recording and a studio recording? Just don't release an episode for x weeks?
I dunno, maybe I'm just jealous of the people who can go to the live shows :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
I thought the latest ep was one of the strongest live ones they've done. It was essentially a greatest hits of podcast segments though.
It's impressive how far they've come as performers when you look back at the video podcast they did for 100 when Seth was visibly nervous with just an extra person in the house recording.

My opinion may be a little biased though because I am the kind of person who is about to spend $26 on a plain grey shirt that just says SEATBELTS on it.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
I ordered the double eagle shirt, but nuts I regret not getting a sticker too

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!
$3.50 is a lot of money in this economy.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Tough economic times, man!

I think some of their live shows are definitely better than others to listen to. Some of the early ones were especially rough. Dallas I haven't listened to because I was there, so not sure how that will sound in my ear buds.

Largo was on loving point though.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Been listening to this show for at least 5 years and im finally getting a shirt. I'll wear the shirt in public to let everyone know I listen to a podcast.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
They should've miked the audience so we can hear the laughter better. When it just bleeds through their own mics it sounds really weird, hence the "laughtrack" feeling.

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Someone earlier asked what was in the "gift bag" for the VIPs at the Gramercy show in NY last night - it was a choice of three things from their merch table basically, a tote bag, a sticker/patch combo or that poo poo UYD hat they've had available for forever. The new shirts are dope though. I would have bought one of the posters - a 3d deal that comes with the glasses but it was 40 dollars.

Seth and Jonathan were on point last night - and they brought back an old favorite country/rap song of the week

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I was looking at the merch website and the design on the bag is fantastic, but they don't give any dimensions for it. Is it a decent size? Like if I go to the store, how many cucumbers are going to fit into that thing?

e:

Mr. Darsie posted:

Seth and Jonathan were on point last night - and they brought back an old favorite country/rap song of the week

nice

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

Moose Milkie posted:

$3.50 is a lot of money in this economy.

It is when shipping is $5.75 lol

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

flesh dance posted:

I was looking at the merch website and the design on the bag is fantastic, but they don't give any dimensions for it. Is it a decent size? Like if I go to the store, how many cucumbers are going to fit into that thing?
You could fit a grip of cucumbers in that thing, its about 1.5' x 1 1/4"

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Woo, just ordered one along with a classic CMYK logo sticker. While the new stuff is great, I do long for the return of the "hair" logo.

So dope.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

SaxMaverick posted:

It is when shipping is $5.75 lol

I forget where I read it on their site, but I'm pretty sure the shipping cost is to be safe and if the actual shipping ends up being less they fund your Paypal account the difference.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wait, so is the tote a live show only deal? It's not available on the website.

I really wanna tote.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

Wait, so is the tote a live show only deal? It's not available on the website.

I really wanna tote.

UYD | Eye Test canvas tote

Black ink on natural canvas tote bags Text reads: "U Y D AMERICA THROUGH THE EYES OF TWO AMERICAN AMERICANS" Design: Ryan Begley

Current Stock: 76
Price: $12.00

http://shirtsanddestroy.com/uhhyeahdude

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

If they don't do a CPAC Craig's House tomorrow night I'ma be pretty disappointed.

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004
the tote bag is the same size as one of those reusable grocery bags and the poster is huge and awesome.

Live shows are weird because they definitely hit some of their most popular bits but dont have the spontaneity they do in the studio. As soon as Seth is doing something because he has to do it, you can tell.

If the sound is bad in 411 its probably because the sound guy spent the whole show, and im not exaggerating, all 90 minutes or so, browsing bruce springsteen mp3s on his macbook.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

erezaka posted:

At school they called me Receth.

This is my son Quyson

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
This is a new Nephisode featuring Jernathen and Soth.

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

This is my fwiend, Gweg

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
This is a podcast.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

DC show was great but gently caress the venue. Outside of sound that was a nothing but unpleasant experience.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
Please do not elaborate any further.

Thank you.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
Trouble with the DC show was the venue booked a band (or something) for afterwards. If you paid for parking you were asked to leave within 30 mins of UYD ending. Not sure what else might have been wrong? The show was still normal length and I got my laughs and slaps. I can see the frustration if you came from out of the area though.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Fantastic show, traveled from very far away for it and wasn't let down at all.

Got a Seatbelts shirt and a poster :cool:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Spectracide posted:

Trouble with the DC show was the venue booked a band (or something) for afterwards. If you paid for parking you were asked to leave within 30 mins of UYD ending. Not sure what else might have been wrong? The show was still normal length and I got my laughs and slaps. I can see the frustration if you came from out of the area though.

Show was great. Mostly just traveling from pretty far and the crazy rush to get out of the venue. They were even telling people they couldn't buy any drinks when it was an hour before the second show started.

I've just rarely been to a show at a venue that didn't want your money so much they were tossing you out for a show that had (at the time) fewer people wanting in.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

DannyTanner posted:

UYD | Eye Test canvas tote
Oh poo poo, I was just scanning the page and thought those were folded up t-shirts.

With handles.

I'm not very bright.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Ordered one of the 3D poster prints. It is just too wild for me to resist, even if it's a bit pricey. I think 3D stuff can look cool even without the glasses, I like the aesthetic, so it'll make for a neat poster I think. If anything it's a nice conversation piece for guests to check out.

Also got a couple stickers and a eagle logo shirt. Too bad they were out of the traditional colors UYD sticker though. The one with Rasta colors is a nice touch, though. Also, I have to add that wearing a small size T-Shirt always comes in handy when trying to obtain limited release merch, everyone fights over the Large and X-Large while I casually stroll up and pick up my small :)

Damo fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 9, 2014

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
as long as i am warm and dont have to piss
GOODNIGHT

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Show was amazing! I had such a good time, was an great episode and Seth even mentioned Bill Cosby being a rapist which brought my life full circle Agreed on how the 9:30 handled everything. They were rude at times but the guys tried their best. We were told to leave the parking lot 30 minutes after the show, but gently caress it. The show also looked to be sold out. Seth was also completely at ease on stage. I was very happy to see the guys in person. Although we were only allowed a minute for a pic and quick hello due to the incoming DJ set. It was definitely worth the trip.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
DC show was great, took a few minutes for them to warm up but then it was a solid performance until the end. I really hope the crowd's energy comes through on the recording.

Asnorban posted:

I've just rarely been to a show at a venue that didn't want your money so much they were tossing you out for a show that had (at the time) fewer people wanting in.

Fewer people who also did not look like they would be of age to purchase $8 beers (Or need to, since those raver babies were probably rolling their balls off ready to experience some intense dubstep.) First and hopefully only visit to the 9:30 Club I will ever make. Seth and Jonathan were probably a little worn down from 3 shows in 3 days and may not have been up to hanging out too long, but boy was that post-show a nightmare on so many fronts.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
9:30 is an institution in DC and I've always had a good time there although it isn't surprising to see them poo poo on paying customers.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
They did the best they could considering they double booked the night. I'm not too bummed about it. Just felt a bit hectic at the end.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This Year Collection just put out UYD 2008 this morning. Pretty sure this is the year that the 120s happened so it's probably going to be just those episodes played in a row.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

It always surprises me a bit to hear Jonathan saying 'mental' and 'slagging him off', I always thought those were extremely British phrases.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
yeah 'mental' in particular is something Ricky Gervais says all the time

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Isn't his mom British? Or am I imagining this?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Both his ex-wife and his mother are British, so yeah.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

For what it's worth, I've said 'Mental' since I was a kid, and I live in the South. Don't really know where I picked it up. Wayne's World, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I remember jonathan talking about getting some poo poo from the other kids in school when he was young for using british pronunciations of certain words e.g. 'tom-ah-to' instead of tomato.