Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Throwing another vote onto the B-ho pile. When do we find out her actual name and "officially" learn about these twin shenanigans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Kliff posted:

I wonder how many of these B-ho votes are secretly because that's the scenario with the chance of complete impossibility?
'Secretly'? :v:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

B-ho is way more hilarious to me, with the death-glaring, even though I love Miho's whole "fairy" thing. Let's go with her.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Miho is the way to go.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

B-ho, because I'd rather have death glares than listen to how fortune telling is "OMG so totally real".

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Alpha3KV posted:

Throwing another vote onto the B-ho pile. When do we find out her actual name and "officially" learn about these twin shenanigans?

February 24th, 2002. It is possible to see this event in both the Miho and B-ho routes.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Voting for B-ho because ditziness is ehhh.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Going with Miho.

Sally Forth
Oct 16, 2012
B-ho is a jerk and it's hilarious.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

vibratingsheep posted:

February 24th, 2002. It is possible to see this event in both the Miho and B-ho routes.

So basically almost at the end of the game? Evil.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Let's become a man worthy of B-ho and her death stares.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I voted for frogs, originally, but now I must side with B-ho. I love the death glares and her sass. I will miss the frogs and fairies, however.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I couldn't decide, so I decided to do what the developers pretty much did: Flip a coin! Miho it is.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Miho

I hope that this twin thing is not something they are doing intentionally, because that is a really long time to screw with someone you are dating.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Miho lost Puzzledama, therefore B-ho.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Hmm... Miho is a lot nicer than her "sister," but then again she talks to imaginary fairies. B-ho seems to be a bit more grounded in reality, but she's a moderately horrible person.

I think I'm gonna stick with Hikari for this one.

Fake Edit: Yes, I know that doesn't count. I still don't care.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
If we're doing votes that don't count, then Homura is the way to go.

But seriously, let's go with B-ho. She seems interested in fashion, and I can respect that. Also Goon needs to learn how to deal with death glares.

Skyfinder
Dec 28, 2012
I'm going to have to go with B-ho. Miho is nice, but even if they are just twins, I still think Miho is straight up psychotic with this fairy stuff :stonk:

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Miho, because I want to see where this crazy train goes.

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

The saddest day in Octavian's life was the day he was asked to shave his mustache.
B-ho - better a real girl then some manic fairy girl who's lost in a dream world.
Goon also likes to suffer death glares over being treated like he doesn't exist.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

:ohdear: This is too hard to decide!

I...I guess I have to go with B-ho.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
B-ho because backhanded compliments and being a jerk are better than asking fairies to take you back in time so you can avoid going on a date in the first place. Also Miho's relationship crippling athletic jealousy.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
B-ho has sass. I like sass.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Opposing Farce posted:

B-ho has sass. I like sass.
I do too. B-ho!

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

Miho means frog golf.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Go B-Ho or go b-home.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, this is maddening.

Does the game even expect you to be branching out in the first year, given the complete lack of anything to do with anybody you haven't explicitly been introduced to at Christmas?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Glazius posted:

Man, this is maddening.

Does the game even expect you to be branching out in the first year, given the complete lack of anything to do with anybody you haven't explicitly been introduced to at Christmas?

Branching out how? We've specifically been avoiding people for the first year, because it makes things easier down the line.

Gotta Wear Shades
Jul 25, 2013

Learn to hoist a jack,
Learn to lay a track
Learn to pick and shovel too
And take my hammer, it'll do anything you tell it to
Does any game in the series let you simply chill and hang out with the girls you're not pursuing instead of having every neutral action make them slowly fall in love with you? Even when you have a girlfriend?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Gotta Wear Shades posted:

Does any game in the series let you simply chill and hang out with the girls you're not pursuing instead of having every neutral action make them slowly fall in love with you? Even when you have a girlfriend?

Does Girl's Side count? Because you can hang out with as many girls as you want in that one!

edit:
Point of clarification - technically, you never have a girlfriend in the Tokimemo series until graduation day. It's how they match the high school life simulation with the romance portion. It's a bit of a weird abstraction, which is part of why the visual novel replaced the romance/dating simulation. Game mechanics and story didn't have to tie closely together in the VN.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 8, 2014

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

vibratingsheep posted:

Point of clarification - technically, you never have a girlfriend in the Tokimemo series until graduation day. It's how they match the high school life simulation with the romance portion. It's a bit of a weird abstraction, which is part of why the visual novel replaced the romance/dating simulation. Game mechanics and story didn't have to tie closely together in the VN.

So it all comes back to ludonarrative dissonance, huh? :v:

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I don't really like either! But B-Ho is the more interesting one.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

vibratingsheep posted:

Point of clarification - technically, you never have a girlfriend in the Tokimemo series until graduation day. It's how they match the high school life simulation with the romance portion.

It'd be interesting to see a life sim where you could go steady with someone partway through, and maybe even break up with them and date someone else. (Maybe there's a secret character you can only get by two- or three-timing some girls?)

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

FredMSloniker posted:

It'd be interesting to see a life sim where you could go steady with someone partway through, and maybe even break up with them and date someone else. (Maybe there's a secret character you can only get by two- or three-timing some girls?)

The Girl's Side games also got a "Best Friend" option, where you can friend zone a guy. There are even endings for this where you have to reject another guy to get the confession scene from the friend.

Meanwhile, the girls in the first two GS games kind of hate your guts the instant they realize the guy they like likes you better.

Back to the vote, throwing in my card for B-ho, though my vote that doesn't count also goes to Homura. :allears:

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

WE SHALL ALL DIE AND BECOME AS GODS
My vote goes to Miho, because how can you resist someone who names their skiwear after the goddess of hunting and virgins? That's exactly the sort of goddess you need in these teenage romance simulators.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I think it's cute that Miho loves frogs and wants a prince. Everyone knows that kissing a frog can give you a prince sometimes. :3:

I've been won over by that cute and am voting Miho

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

The Persona series plays with this during its life sim portions, though it also cops out and just lets you date everyone if you want to. The Persona series is way more railroady in its script, too.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 8, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Flipped my Voting Coin and it came up Kerry, so my official vote is for Miho

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

vibratingsheep posted:

The Persona series plays with this during its life sim portions, though it also cops out and just lets you date everyone if you want to. The Persona series is way more railroady in its script, too.

P4:Golden actually makes you feel like a jackass near the end of the game if you date multiple people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
If there's two of them, surely they should both show up on the test score leaderboards? If you were paying attention you wouldn't be in this mess, Goon! :argh:

Voting for B-ho. Sorry Miho, guess you just weren't very fortunate. :smug:

• Locked thread