Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Red_Chief posted:

Turns out the blue spaceman didnt come out until '84...after I stopped getting Legos.

Huh, I didn't know that. I wonder if that explains why blue minifigs tend to have the best preserved chest logo.. they're both newer, and maybe use a better paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

AllisonByProxy posted:

After seeing the new Robocop I was inspired to throw this together:

That's pretty great. Have it from another angle?

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007

xzzy posted:

Huh, I didn't know that. I wonder if that explains why blue minifigs tend to have the best preserved chest logo.. they're both newer, and maybe use a better paint.

I think have have 3 or 4 helmets with the crack just like benny's though.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

AllisonByProxy posted:

After seeing the new Robocop I was inspired to throw this together:

I have this lil guy on my desk, I think I found the plans for it in the first few pages of this thread.

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.

DrChud posted:

I have this lil guy on my desk, I think I found the plans for it in the first few pages of this thread.

That looks amazing, that's definitely going on my to-do list.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Merchant of Death posted:

A Sandcrawler playset is looking to be the next big star wars set, pictures are out on brickset.

:krad:

Insta-buy for me as soon as it comes out.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Those ED-209s are great.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

ChesterJT posted:

That's pretty great. Have it from another angle?

Sure!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Looks like it has more articulation than the "real" thing,

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Unfortunately it's less structurally sound than the doors on the Delorean.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

What scale is this? Minifig?

Apparently, the Galaxy Squad torso looks like a pretty good approximation for a Robocop fig pic (ignore the ugly as poo poo custom helmet)

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Anyone had problems ordering from shop.lego.com in the last few days?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

DrChud posted:

If anyone is interested:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What's the part number on the magazine?

I haven't seen them before.

Is a neat looking design, shame it could be knocked apart by a stiff breeze.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

beato posted:

If anyone is interested:

Yup that's the one, I feel stupid for not including it. I added the piece on the gun to look like the electronics. I made two, used glue on the legs and arms to hold them on, on one of them. I'm a monster. They do fall off easily when poked at since it's basically on stud that holds arms and legs to the torso

DrChud fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 4, 2014

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Why not use post-in-blocks to secure the arms? It looks like there's a few solutions to make those arms a bit sturdier while retaining articulation.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Here is the original brickshelf gallery which has higher resolution pictures of the ED-209 instructions: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/Space/Mecha/ED209/ED209Instr/

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

kefkafloyd posted:

Why not use post-in-blocks to secure the arms? It looks like there's a few solutions to make those arms a bit sturdier while retaining articulation.

Well the one I glued was more a stupidity thing, I ordered all the pieces for the lego pab, and built it at my camp with no access to other parts and tried to keep it true to the plans.

I need to make another since after I glued it I put it in a plastic bag, then it went all CSI on me and now I have super glue fumed fingerprints all over it. Was not my finest moment.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Pretty great Lego themed shirt at TeeFury today:

http://www.teefury.com/?gclid=CJqc_tmD-LwCFYFhMgodNwwATg

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

I missed it, what was it? :(

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go
You can still find it here:

http://www.teefury.com/afterhours

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

And for when it eventually goes away:

(but with a turquoise background)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Finished Parisian Restaurant, it's amazing. The amount of detail is totally bonkers.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think I might be addicted to trans yellow. :ohdear:

Also, wifey found a few last movie minfigs for me. Pretty stoked I got the mexican dude.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bonus spam: Emmet's head fills in nicely for a knockoff Benny.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Do any Australians know how releases work over here? There seem to be "gaps" in certain lines that shops don't get in. As an example the new Chima stuff came out lately, but for some reason spinlyns cavern and lavertus' outpost aren't among them, to the point where they don't even appear in the catalogue.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Got the new vulture droid. It's actually pretty fun besides helping to round out my SW ship collection. I like that you can put it in walker (well, standing) mode, and the way the "cockpit" works allows you to pose the vulture's head as well.

Also the new spring shooters, unlike basically any flick missile, are fun. Although I have set them off accidentally while swooshing. Also the Nemoidian is cool although I don't remember seeing any other than the trade federation dude in the movies.

Edit: is it a bad idea to leave the spring shooters loaded all the time? I know you aren't supposed to with nerf guns...

Dogen fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 8, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Speaking of the movie minifigures, I have a spare robot secretary that I'd love to trade for a Shakespeare if anyone has a spare.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
I don't have a spare Shakespeare but I will buy that one off you if you want to unload it. I only need that one and the Mermaid for a full set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Is Shakespeare rare? I've been looking for him for ages. As a writer, he would be great for my desk.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
I dunno if he's rare or I'm lucky, I've gotten two from boosters so far. Although my two year old has lost one of his quills already. Holding out for a Robosecretary and a mermaid, though.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I have a spare Shakespeare and am missing the secretary, but I'm in Europe so shipping won't be that cheap. I'm going to try and find the secretary locally first, if I don't have any luck I would trade, or if I find one I could sell the Shakespeare.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
While we're on the topic of trading, if anyone in the UK wants to trade for one of my three loving Yetis, three loving Emmets or two Waitresses, I'm game.

(3 movie minifig packs, 3 Emmets. I'm done. I don't believe any of the other minifigs exist.)

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

3 movie minifig packs, 3 Emmets. I'm done. I don't believe any of the other minifigs exist.

I went to TRU yesterday hoping to find President Business for my nephew (I got lucky and got a full set before the movie came out). I probably went through 20 Emmet/Bad Cop and maybe 5 others I didn't want before coming across Business. I got lucky and found a "where are my pants" guy, too. Just takes time. I also came across one bag that someone had broken trying to feel it up (robot secretary).

LarryCsonka
Nov 7, 2006
Oooh, I don't go map-finding-behinding
Recently picked up the Technic 4x4 Crawler. I am extremely impressed with how well it performs, certainly exceeded my expectations. I wasn't thrilled with the colors so I swapped a few parts out

Before:

After:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ah, it normally uses stickers to transition from the black to the white. Not great, Lego.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's a pretty incredible set, I study it for a bit every time I go past it at the lego store. Except it's not exactly in impulse buy territory. :v:

The exclusive version would be even cooler but gently caress those prices.

FallenSystm
Feb 9, 2005

"Full of Fish?"
So the old lady showed me her Facebook feed today. Lego leaked a photo of homers hand with a doughnut that read "New Mini Figures Coming Soon", is it just me or does this seem fast? On top of that I think all the re-sellers have stripped every store within a 50 mile radius of the bags here. All I see are empty boxes/displays which is disappointing because I am still missing 5 of Series 12. Looks like I'll be heading to the Mall of America to see if the Lego Store still has the minifigs left over, can store associates identify re-sellers and stop them from purchasing large quantities?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

FallenSystm posted:

Can store associates identify re-sellers and stop them from purchasing large quantities?

As far as I know its only for items with a purchase limit, i.e. the limited edition 4x4 crawler. And even then it's sometimes hard to spot. Resellers can get really crafty in their attempts to get more, and I don't mean just putting on a fake mustache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Velma Staplebots and Mermaids are the most rare of this set I think (2x of each per box). Mermaids especially since they are so easy to feel up and grab out of a box first.

I want more Velmas-- her hair is awesome. But so does everyone else due to the rarity.