Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

veekie posted:

Somewhere out there is a guild that only wears panties. God knows what they're doing.

Experiencing Freedom. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

You say this, but I recall a thread on these very forums, by someone who was teaching in Japan going through a similar situation, where his students were giving him love-letters and apparently his co-workers were not only jealous, but probably would have followed up on it.

Just imagine that you have "シロエ" and "アカツキ" going around and then suddenly "Krusty_the_clown" joined your party.

There was also (same?) a goon teaching little kids and girls kept sticking their fingers up his butt as he walked by. Because that's a thing in Japan I guess. Given that kind of atmosphere, it's no wonder his coworkers would prefer love letters.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Paracelsus posted:

Imagine if macros survived the apocalypse.

So... PSO2? Because that game lets you assemble pictures from shapes and poo poo but as always, people with too much time on their hands just make art and image macros out of it. And then spam it in lobbies.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

veekie posted:

Somewhere out there is a guild that only wears panties. God knows what they're doing.

You might be joking but there was a piece of expanded material linked featuring a guild in Europe that is only wearing pants, I think.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
That was mentioned in thread before and presumably he was referencing it.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Blhue posted:

That was mentioned in thread before and presumably he was referencing it.

Yes.

User0015 posted:

Experiencing Freedom. :patriot:

I wonder what the Landers thought of that Freedom.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Edward IV posted:

As long as he only uses audio clips of Krusty when communicating through voice chat and opens with "Hey Hey!" when joining the party, I don't see what the problem is. :colbert:

Immersion can suck it.

I'm not saying that's a problem, I'm saying that is probably exactly what we're seeing. (or would be seeing, if they decided to not use katakana for "Krusty", anwyay.

I really love that it is his name inspiration , if only the show would acknowledge it, that'd be awesome too. :allears:

User0015 posted:

There was also (same?) a goon teaching little kids and girls kept sticking their fingers up his butt as he walked by. Because that's a thing in Japan I guess. Given that kind of atmosphere, it's no wonder his coworkers would prefer love letters.
All kinds of awkward.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 4, 2014

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

User0015 posted:

There was also (same?) a goon teaching little kids and girls kept sticking their fingers up his butt as he walked by.

That really is a thing in Japan.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Dessel posted:

You might be joking but there was a piece of expanded material linked featuring a guild in Europe that is only wearing pants, I think.

Not only that, but it is mostly cat-dudes. A guild of speedo-wearing Nyantas, essentially.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

I know. That's what I'm saying. Of course they'd be jealous of love letters.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
And so begins the end!

I half-wish this entire series was just 3rd party conversations about Shiroe, though. "I'm not even sure if he feels dead or alive." and describing him as a sword lodged in paperwork were great. :allears:

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Well, they certainly got their money's worth with the whole "Person you're thinking/talking about suddenly shows up behind you" shtick. They must have used it at least three times in that episode.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
LN & anime prediction:

Looks like we'll be seeing Nureha after all! I'm guessing the shots of the PotL dressed in white that crosses the path of Akatsuki earlier in this episode and also telling the story of Rudy to the children during the banquet is her; great to see some interesting political machinations. I'm also love seeing more Naotsugu v. Akatsuki talks..

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's interesting how the clothes worn by adventurers have become more varied, since people are now wearing casual clothes and not just their best gear.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm glad it didn't devolve into the harem rom-com that last episode was going for, and instead Shiroe's back on the front lines!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Paracelsus posted:

It's interesting how the clothes worn by adventurers have become more varied, since people are now wearing casual clothes and not just their best gear.

Besides Krusty who is walking around in his raid gear at all times.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I like that the plot is gearing up for the last three episodes. The show had really been dragging along with this slice-of-life stuff since the end of the incredible Goblin War Arc, so it would've been such a let-down to end on such a ho-hum note. Let's hope that the revving-up indicates that they're planning on a second season somewhere down the line!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Dexo posted:

Krusty and the other combat guild head seem to stick with their huge armor, but that's probably tied into their public image. Minori and a bunch of other characters are now wearing what look like normal modern clothes that probably didn't exist in-game until living in Elder Tale became a full-time thing and crafters started making them.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

Krusty and the other combat guild head seem to stick with their huge armor, but that's probably tied into their public image. Minori and a bunch of other characters are now wearing what look like normal modern clothes that probably didn't exist in-game until living in Elder Tale became a full-time thing and crafters started making them.

Yeah, Krusty's helping run security/put on a show of force for the POTL. Makes sense that he'd be wearing his giant blue Sunday best.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
I don't know how the hell people notice these things, but apparently the pub scene in this episode had characters from other shows, including a palette-swapped Leafa (of Sword-Art Online) to the right in the foreground:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Dexo posted:

Only glasses matter. It's both casual and a weapon.

darkgray posted:

I don't know how the hell people notice these things, but apparently the pub scene in this episode had characters from other shows, including a palette-swapped Leafa (of Sword-Art Online) to the right in the foreground:

What the hell? :stare: Okay, I can see the similarity now, but there was no way i'd catch that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'd normally chalk it up to nerds reading way too much into things, but every detail of the outfit and hair we can see are identical.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Might be that it was just a handy 3D model lying around that the studio had already worked on, but they didn't want it to be an outright reference, so they pallette swapped it to just get away with a generic elf.

It is fairly telling that is what it is from, but I'm not sure if it counts as a intentional reference and not just a bit of lazy slapdash.

It is acceptable laziness if that is the case, anyway.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Given how much this show has liked hiding references and recurring minor characters in crowd scenes, my money would be on intentional reference.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I'm not terribly pleased that the proper "confrontation" wont be happening for another episode, but you can't help but love Shiroe just doing his thing. :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Haven't finished the episode yet. In fact, I just hit mid episode and drat that was a badass glasses.gif moment! That mid-episode break.. :glassesblack101:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I really like how Minori's taking after Shiroe, but I hope that they make it more interesting someday by, rather than having her just become "Shiroe Jr.", she'll have reason to go against him at some point. It seems unlikely, though, given the show's style.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
And a wild Nureha appears! Feels good to "predict" it but since they have been following the LN's fairly closely, it'd made a lot of sense for her to appear. Nice to see that they ended the series at a good point and maybe after a year of more LN, they can do a second series of this. The Adventurers accompanying Marves was a nice touch as well.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Three separate thoughts:

The 'enemy' being unified only in purpose and not in action was a pretty neat thing to address. That kind of social phenomenon is fascinating (except for when it is applied to create terrorist cells, which obviously sucks)

--

I am a tad bit disappointed we didn't get instant-war-breaking-out when that dude started creeping on Lenessia. It was like a taste of the lovely parts of SAO all over again.

--

I wish they would stop cutting to shots of that suspicious woman in yellow who was telling the story about Rundelhaus to the kids back in Maihama. I don't know what her deal is and I don't expect them to explain in the little time we have left so it feels like a light novel insider information tease. Anybody can spoiler that for me?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

booksnake posted:

I am a tad bit disappointed we didn't get instant-war-breaking-out when that dude started creeping on Lenessia. It was like a taste of the lovely parts of SAO all over again.

I almost feel like that was a intentional sort of take-that at SAO, considering the parallels (the innocent, beautiful girl getting creeped out by the weird dudes hair sniffing) but I suppose it works just fine as a vehicle for "this dudes a jerk, hate him"

I'm hoping to see Leynessia pull herself up and act a bit more confidently, telling Lord Creepster to gently caress off, rather then get rescued by Shiroe/Krusty, but I suppose thats a idle hope considering her entire archetype is "Lazy Damself-in-Distress"

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

booksnake posted:

I wish they would stop cutting to shots of that suspicious woman in yellow who was telling the story about Rundelhaus to the kids back in Maihama. I don't know what her deal is and I don't expect them to explain in the little time we have left so it feels like a light novel insider information tease. Anybody can spoiler that for me?

It'll almost definitely be explained. Those sequences are original to the anime, much like the recurring appearances of the PKers that the trio beat early on.

(LN Spoilers)

It's a certain adventurer using an overskill (Effectively a new type of ability not possible before the apocalypse, like cooking real food or Shiroe's contract) to disguise herself as a Person of the Land. The disguise is effectively foolproof and she shows up on UIs as such.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Conot posted:

I almost feel like that was a intentional sort of take-that at SAO, considering the parallels (the innocent, beautiful girl getting creeped out by the weird dudes hair sniffing) but I suppose it works just fine as a vehicle for "this dudes a jerk, hate him"

I'm hoping to see Leynessia pull herself up and act a bit more confidently, telling Lord Creepster to gently caress off, rather then get rescued by Shiroe/Krusty, but I suppose thats a idle hope considering her entire archetype is "Lazy Damself-in-Distress"

They complicated things a bit here because the dude wasn't just being a creep to be a creep, he was an agent provocateur trying really, really hard to start an international incident and force Akihabara to shut down an important diplomatic event because a bunch of superpowered immortals were having a smackdown in the middle of the city. I mean, there were a lot of squishy, vulnerable, and very mortal People of the Land around, and I bet his bodyguards were under orders to maximise collateral damage if a fight started.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Next episode promises to be even more magical than using an army of fangirls to settle the dispute DDos attack..

About the lady in yellow, they really need to stop Chekov's gun-ing her so much and get to the point. That's about the only thing I didn't like about this episode.

Yggdrasil325
Jul 24, 2011

I found it hilarious that one of the bodyguards dual-wields shields.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

booksnake posted:

Argas posted:

It'll almost definitely be explained. Those sequences are original to the anime, much like the recurring appearances of the PKers that the trio beat early on.

(LN Spoilers)

It's a certain adventurer using an overskill (Effectively a new type of ability not possible before the apocalypse, like cooking real food or Shiroe's contract) to disguise herself as a Person of the Land. The disguise is effectively foolproof and she shows up on UIs as such.

LN spoilers:

She's also the person I've been yammering about for the previous posts, Nureha, who shows up in the preview at the end of this episode as the person with the dark hair and cat ears. She's basically Shiroe's counterpart in the West.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I haven't hated an antagonist as badly as this since Accel World (The series wasn't very good, but that certain antagonist just ticked me in the wrong way). I guess it's now partially because the adventurers have the strength to solve their issues with pure strength but they're getting tied because of the world's power structures and diplomacy and adventurers wanting to employ the services of the POTL (so they can't go all super powered against everythng), forcing their hand. That makes it all the more... seething.

I also found it funny how the entire concept "goad them into fighting" -setting is eerily similar to a certain real world situation that's taking place this very moment

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

People in this thread are saying this is a 26-episode show, but wikipedia and other sources I check say 25? Where is the 26 number coming from?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yggdrasil325 posted:

I found it hilarious that one of the bodyguards dual-wields shields.

Confused turtle is the best build.

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
Is the OST ever gonna be released? I've been wanting to listen to some of its tracks for a good while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

I actually laughed out loud when Shiroe got mad and threw the table. He can't counter plan against someone who has no plan in the first place and is just loving with him (and the entire city) instead. It's wonderful. Basically, he's getting trolled.

• Locked thread