Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Lee Chung and Chris Hu on the mic.

Chat blowing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Smug just bodied Aquasilk.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nativity In Black posted:

Smug just bodied Aquasilk.

Yeah but he got the Snackish special earlier so he's already won my heart.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Apparently Smug beat Sanford.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Silk playing Sanford is the saddest thing...

Smug just styled on Sanford in grand finals though.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 6, 2014

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
WNF is on with Infiltration still in town http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Also, there's an article about Justin and his move to California on IGN http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/04/from-small-change-to-sponsorships-a-story-of-justin-wong

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Sanford's salt is always glorious.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Everybody is complaining about Dudley's overhead. Hahaha.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sanford post match: Please nerf Dudley Capcom. He is unfair.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Ryuga Death posted:

Everybody is complaining about Dudley's overhead. Hahaha.

By everyone you mean Sanford. His overhead is already getting indirectly nerfed through delayed wakeup, since the 11f delay will allow you to get up and punish the whiff if he tries to do it meaty with the traditional timing.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

By everyone you mean Sanford. His overhead is already getting indirectly nerfed through delayed wakeup, since the 11f delay will allow you to get up and punish the whiff if he tries to do it meaty with the traditional timing.

Yeah, I was making fun of Sanford cause he said that. Guess he didn't like being machine gun punched a million times.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Marvel is hard. I'm still feeling the salt :/

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I'm a fan of Sanford except when he opens his mouth.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

kaujot posted:

I'm a fan of Sanford except when he opens his mouth.

I think he's generally pretty entertaining to listen to.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Punisher is playing a FT10 vs Coach Steve at Bum's house. More marvel exhibitions are coming afterward.

http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I just left Bum's and can confirm it's hype

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Tonight for streams, there's Northern Battles 10 on Toronto Top Tiers

Also, Rebel Up at Super Arcade is being streamed by Jyosua (Persona 4) and Numakie (Aquapazza)

On a side note, Galloping Ghost Arcade is streaming some kind of Pole Position tournament thing??

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Capcom is doing another tournament series this year called the Capcom Pro Tour, in partnership with Twitch.

Site: https://www.capcomprotour.com
Announcement video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB0TxIXNy7o
SRK post with more info: http://shoryuken.com/2014/03/10/capcom-announces-street-fighter-iv-pro-tour-lead-up-to-capcom-cup-grand-finals-in-december/

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 10, 2014

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

iPodschun posted:

Capcom is doing another tournament series this year called the Capcom Pro Tour, in partnership with Twitch.

Site: https://www.capcomprotour.com
Announcement video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB0TxIXNy7o
SRK post with more info: http://shoryuken.com/2014/03/10/capcom-announces-street-fighter-iv-pro-tour-lead-up-to-capcom-cup-grand-finals-in-december/

I guess it's cool that there's 16 spots again instead of 8, but the partnership with Twitch seems to have really biased them toward the US. Of the 7 guaranteed spots, 4 are in america, 1 in asia, 1 in europe, and 1 at evo. Getting 2nd at Evo also looks like it's basically a guaranteed spot due to how the points work.

It was really cool in previous years how Capcom Cup was really international with a Brazilian qualifier and a bunch of Asian qualifiers. Either that's not going to happen this year or there's going to be so many qualifiers that points are going to be meaningless.

Also separating out street fighter streaming to the CapcomFighters channel seems like a recipe for disaster. Wasn't it CEO last year where they tried to do that and it was basically a huge clusterfuck. If they actually spend money on getting enough people to run the stream and make it look good and hire commentators it could be great, but it seems dumb if every major is just going to have Spooky's stream and then a shittier stream with SF4.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
It looks like 3 more tournaments need to be announced in the series, which may bring the international numbers up. Hopefully this is a sign that Capcom intends to support their games more in an attempt to broaden their audience.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

TenaciousJ posted:

It looks like 3 more tournaments need to be announced in the series, which may bring the international numbers up.
This is my hope as well. Maybe they couldn't get concrete details about other international tournaments like Shadowloo Showdown, Canada Cup, and Treta Armageddon (the Brazilian tournament) so they left spots open for application. They got most-all of the big US tournaments already.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
On top of Final Round being an event on the Capcom Pro Tour, Capcom is putting in a $2000 pot bonus for SF4.

ESGN has moved Fight Night to 8PM Pacific/11PM Eastern. Tonight is Chi-Rithy vs K-Brad. http://www.twitch.tv/esgn_tv

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Arturo is also restreaming/studying the top 8 from a french tournament that happened during SCR. http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Valmaster is the sickest Chun-Li player I have ever seen, sorry Infiltration.

Edit: It's over, he's going to buy dark souls.

Roguelike fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 11, 2014

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

http://www.twitch.tv/pr_balrog

Rog just went live on some casual set with Gamerbee.

Also ESGN is on at some point tonight and it's KBrad vs Infiltration.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

So I never been to a fighting game event before. I'll be in Atlanta this weekend for work and to see faimly, if I want to go to Final Round on Sunday what do I do? Just show up and pay a venue fee?

The website just mentions you have to register at the door on Friday but I'm not interested in playing in the turny because of work and only care about coming on Sunday because of previous scheduled poo poo

Money isn't a problem but I'll be in North ATL on Friday for work while the turny is in South ATL.

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 12, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

lamentable dustman posted:

So I never been to a fighting event before. I'll be in Atlanta this weekend for work and to see faimly, if I want to go to Final Round on Sunday what do I do? Just show up and pay a venue fee?

The website just mentions you have to register at the door on Friday but I'm not interested in playing in the turny because of work and only care about coming on Sunday because of previous scheduled poo poo

Money isn't a problem but I'll be in North ATL on Friday for work while the turny is in South ATL.

Yeah, usually you pay venue fee. If you're not registering to play then they ~should~ be ok with that.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Most majors nowadays have a Spectator fee which usually runs half or less of the cost of the actual Venue fee.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Is it a coincidence that Capcom hasn't had any character leaks since Seth Killian left? Can't believe they managed to keep the fifth character a secret until this weekend. :tinfoil:

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe

Fishmonkey posted:

Is it a coincidence that Capcom hasn't had any character leaks since Seth Killian left? Can't believe they managed to keep the fifth character a secret until this weekend. :tinfoil:

Except they haven't, and we're all pretty sure its Decapre.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Correnth posted:

Are we?

Also, Melee got announced for both EVO and MLG Anaheim. I'm anxiously awaiting the tears on SA during EVO finals day.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brett824 posted:

Are we?

Also, Melee got announced for both EVO and MLG Anaheim. I'm anxiously awaiting the tears on SA during EVO finals day.

the tears come from the odor at the event.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Correnth posted:

What the heck is a Decapre?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Correnth posted:

You shush. It's going to be Terry Bogard, CvS3 will be announced, and Mike Ross will win a major.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

One of the dolls.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Cammy with Claw's mask and claw. Original character, do not steal.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Snicker-Snack posted:

One of the dolls.

Like, from Alpha 3? People are supposed to be excited about that?

AnonSpore posted:

Cammy with Claw's mask and claw. Original character, do not steal.

This sounds like something out of fanfiction.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Decapre is basically the first person people on the internet found to match the vague description Ono gave of the new character, so that's what they're all rolling with.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Correnth posted:

I swear we've known this for months and every time we discuss the subject it keeps surprising people :confused:

Yeah, it was pretty much confirmed (I think by Combofiend himself?) that the Cammy/Vega mix that people have alluded to every now and then is the fifth character. I mean if I'm wrong I'll be happy, for sure, but I don't think we're getting a good surprise.

On a personal level, I find Melee surprisingly hype, having been skeptical at first, so I'm glad it's getting a spot at Evo again. But that's going to be a messy derail so I'll leave it at my opinion.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 12, 2014

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

I was really bored watching Melee last year and it seemed to last forever. But whatever, I'll probably do what I did last year and drink whiskey and find other poo poo to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Didn't see this mentioned, but EG finally realized that Floe did almost nothing for them in tournaments and have released him from the team.