Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Anyone have Cubex's Engineer Huff? How is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Has anyone seen the insane new artwork for the upcoming Transformers v. G.I. Joe Free Comic Book Day issue? The best way I can describe it is "indie," like if this was coming out from a small press publisher like Fantagraphics. It's very '80s retro, almost Kirby-esque, and a far cry from the slick art and coloring we've seen on Transformers comics since the Dreamwave era.

http://comicsalliance.com/tom-scioli-john-barber-transformers-vs-g-i-joe-interview/

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

therealjon_ posted:

Usually about $10 usd, you are still saving a solid amount from BBTS.

Hate the paying up front stuff, and I'll pay an extra premium for BBTS' level of customer service should things go defective on me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I was gonna say, "what, because of the dots in the explosion?" but it goes a lot further than that. I shoulda recognized the name of the artist. Tom Scioli is, like, The Guy Who Draws Like Kirby.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Has anyone ordered from these guys before? Are they legit? The description for Bumblebee doesn't scream "professionalism" to me in particular.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

Has anyone ordered from these guys before? Are they legit? The description for Bumblebee doesn't scream "professionalism" to me in particular.

They're trying for witty wordplay but literally failed.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I have, they are legit and have always shipped quick once the figure is released.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Thanks for this! I've never ordered from here before...but, what the hey. At least I can use Paypal.

I got Whirl. I like him. The gaps in his alt-mode don't bother too much at all, though it is odd how un-spinny his copter blade is (Springer's is way, way better). I really love his coloring--that pale blue just looks so nice--and I think it's pretty wonderful how his cockpit opens up. I can't even think of the last Transformer that's come out and had that sort of feature.

If you're on the fence, I'd say get him. I can understand if you're a bit put-off by his whole "straddling the fence" business, but honestly that didn't bother me that much.

Also: I passed on a DoubleDealer. If I thought Blitzwing was kind of crap, that's a good decision, right? Did they fix any of his issues with DoubleDealer?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Magic posted:

Thanks for this! I've never ordered from here before...but, what the hey. At least I can use Paypal.

I got Whirl. I like him. The gaps in his alt-mode don't bother too much at all, though it is odd how un-spinny his copter blade is (Springer's is way, way better). I really love his coloring--that pale blue just looks so nice--and I think it's pretty wonderful how his cockpit opens up. I can't even think of the last Transformer that's come out and had that sort of feature.

If you're on the fence, I'd say get him. I can understand if you're a bit put-off by his whole "straddling the fence" business, but honestly that didn't bother me that much.

Also: I passed on a DoubleDealer. If I thought Blitzwing was kind of crap, that's a good decision, right? Did they fix any of his issues with DoubleDealer?

A lot of transformers have an issue known as "lacking a purple/blue/black color scheme" and they fixed the gently caress out of that. Still not enough pink, though.

edit for actual content: His shoulders are just as bad, but the nosecone seems better.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Still not enough pink, though.

Be careful what you wish for, because Arcee is going to be pink as anything, and Chromina is probably going to be baby blue with pastel pink.

We're also getting Brainstorm, Nightbeat, and Hardhead as generations figures. While none of them may be pink the fact that they're now releasing a good amount of headmaster guys means it's only a matter of time before we get the Decepticons, which are all some shade of purple/pink/pinkish purple.

That and there's Voyager Beast Wars Megatron still set to come out which will be purple and pink probably.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 7, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I really like the decepticon color schemes that smash barbie pink together with teal. Mix a little black and purple in there, and I'm the happiest guy in the world. I finally got a Submarauder today. :3:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I got Year of the Horse Optimus Prime, and god drat I love this thing. I would have preferred a non-clear trailer, but considering the whole package, I'm still very happy with it.

I love the color-scheme with the gold chrome, the transformation isn't really complex, and is fun to do, and he's just an excellent figure overall.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

So my KO MP Sideswipe arrived! Two MP guys for £28 ($50), not bad! Now I can compare him to Red Alert, Sideswipe is slightly lower in quality. His chest doesn't want to clip into place (and I don't want to force it too much). His leg joints are slightly loose, and his head will not stay together. It will flip open when he's just standing there! It's like there's a little spring in there constantly opening it. I've applied a little blu-tak to hold it together.

Still, I'm glad I got them, and now I want Prowl. However I can't see a Prowl that's as cheap as the Countach Cantech brothers. Is there a reported KO of him?

How's your Red Alert crotch flap in Vehicle mode? Mine, unless I'm missing something obvious means it raises up so the wheels don't sit on the floor, but hey he was £21.

In other news Kapow have PE Warden for £98 or thereabouts, I couldn't resist it this time around seeing as I've heard nothing but great things. Even my (drunken) fiancee approved it!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I really like the decepticon color schemes that smash barbie pink together with teal. Mix a little black and purple in there, and I'm the happiest guy in the world. I finally got a Submarauder today. :3:

Yeah me too, which was why I bought the Universe 2.0 Silverbolt mold multiple times. His two repaints were all classic decepticon colors.

I'm still hoping that we get Deluxe Ratbat because he's like the most purple figure next to Skywarp.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm still hoping that we get Deluxe Ratbat because he's like the most purple figure next to Skywarp.

Oh you better believe I pre-ordered and have had it for months. It rules.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I got a TFCon room reservation, vendor booth, and two convention passes - I need one or two brave goons to share the room, pizzas, my dew, etc.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

strangehamster posted:

I got a TFCon room reservation, vendor booth, and two convention passes - I need one or two brave goons to share the room, pizzas, my dew, etc.

Chicago, right? I sent an email to my boss for both Chicago and Toronto and he hasn't confirmed it yet, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

strangehamster posted:

You got my more detailed email, but if I do end up getting to go, I'll probably come begging you for splitting it an extra way for crash space.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The_Doctor posted:

The downside is that you're paying now, not when it ships.

I actually prefer it that way, it beats forgetting when something's due.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah they're legit. A couple of years ago I ordered something from them and when it turned out they didn't actually have one they apologized profusely and spent over a week searching for one to fulfill my order despite it being discontinued for 3 years at that point and upgraded my shipping to EMS for free when they finally found one.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The art one the "dead universe" sections is pretty poopy but this made me chuckle anyways:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blackheart posted:

The art one the "dead universe" sections is pretty poopy but this made me chuckle anyways:

Is Kup going to join the Lost Light? :haw:

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Comixology is giving away a bunch of free comics here: http://comixology.tumblr.com/geekstagegiveaway

One of them is the collected edition of Transformers: Autocracy.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Bought BH Dreadwing and am kinda disappointed with it. I was gonna just return it but I don't know if he's one of the rarer BH figures so just checkin to see if anyone wants this guy or not ($10 + shipping). He came with the wrong directions, so no directions unless you want the directions for BH Starscream.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The other day I bought Rhinox and Whirl of HTS thinking I wouldn't see either in the wild. Went to Target today looking for Marvel Legends and found 3 loving Whirls.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The same thing happened to me (although it was only two Whirls)! If they hadn't already shipped my Rhinox, I would have nabbed the Whirl and canceled the order. I got my Rhinox this weekend and, yeah, his legs are awful and won't support his weight at all.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Take some thin wire and wrap it around the pin in his joints. Doesn't entirely fix them, but it helps.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone posted this in the TFW2005 Rhinox thread:

neospark1 posted:

The actual problem as to why Rhinox's legs are so loose is that they are misassembled.

If you look very close, right under the metal pin at the knee joint, right UNDER THAT is a mini ratcheting joint.

The green plastic knee should have been lowered over that joint and the metal pin should have been struck through THERE.

I have already pulled out both legs from the upper leg clip. Thinking will need a hammer, straight head metal pin, hair dryer, and pliers.

1. Strike the metal pin out of the knee joint.

2. Hold the green plastic knee joint and squeeze with the pliers so that they will "clip" over the mini ratcheting joint.

3. Clip on the knee over the mini ratcheting joint.

4. Strike the metal pin through.

Legs should be sturdy and stable now.

I don't have Rhinox so no idea if it works or not. That and I've never tried removing a pin.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That doesn't help with the other joints that are also floppy.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Blackheart posted:

Someone posted this in the TFW2005 Rhinox thread:

I don't have Rhinox so no idea if it works or not. That and I've never tried removing a pin.

I've never taken one out of a toy before, but they're pretty easy to get out of guns... you need a pair of wood blocks to prop it up on, and you can get a set of steel punches in common sizes in the walmart tool section for about $6.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

That doesn't help with the other joints that are also floppy.

Yeah the one I saw had super floppy hips.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Do not attempt that fix.

The ratchet joint he's pointing out doesn't have any corresponding teeth, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Plus putting in a new pin would require drilling a new hole.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 10, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Huh, he was talking outta his rear end then.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

My Rhinox was also a floppy mess. Future solved that right quick. If you collect Transformers and don't have a bottle of this stuff you're doing yourself a disservice.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

To combine the two most recent topics I also found a Whirl and he's beyond fantastic as long as you read the TFW2005 review thread, which is full of incredibly helpful tips and customization advice. It feels so weird to be utterly gaga over a toy when I don't give much of a poo poo about the character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

To combine the two most recent topics I also found a Whirl and he's beyond fantastic as long as you read the TFW2005 review thread, which is full of incredibly helpful tips and customization advice. It feels so weird to be utterly gaga over a toy when I don't give much of a poo poo about the character.

Can you link it so I'm ready when mine arrives?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Here ya go.

Make sure to skim all the way through. There are a lot of hidden features on him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Peter Bazooka posted:

My Rhinox was also a floppy mess. Future solved that right quick. If you collect Transformers and don't have a bottle of this stuff you're doing yourself a disservice.
Now explain what I am supposed to do with this stuff.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Endless Mike posted:

If you collect Transformers and try to drink a bottle of this stuff you're doing yourself a disservice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Disassemble joint. Apply light coats to all joint surfaces. Allow a few hours to dry. Reassemble joints. Test joint. If unsatisfactory, repeat.