Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

CivilDisobedience posted:

Genius is never understood in its own time.

Clearly bro. I'd like to hear exactly what you mean by an armpit armlock though, just for reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Novum posted:

Clearly bro. I'd like to hear exactly what you mean by an armpit armlock though, just for reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ude_hishigi_waki_gatame

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
No, I need to know how HE does it. This is important.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Mighty Mo armpit locked Graham's face last night.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
I usually do the wakigatame off the 2on1 and look for an underhook to guillotine or n/s choke if I can't finish it.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

widunder posted:

My purple belt teammate also won the entire tournament, tapping two black belts on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO5erV7EZOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jnlEUWP_WQ

Yeah Max Lindbland was super impressive in that tournament..

Submitting Greger Forsell is a very very tricky thing and he didnt even seem that suprised after securing the choke..

Aand here is his post-tournament interview(its at 22.44 mark of the video)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-2Ko4CPwU

widunder
May 2, 2002

Taratang posted:

Your teammate is a beast, how long has he been a purple belt?? :stare:
Since june last year. It's pretty sick.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Cross posting from the A/T thread:

DFW BJJ Goons: Jacare Cavalcanti is going to be at Octagon in Dallas for a seminar on Saturday March 22. All are welcome regardless of affiliation. Price is $140 for non-members.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Big Ten championship finals are live on BTN! Jesse Delgado and Nico Megaludis up first at 125!

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

Big Ten championship finals are live on BTN! Jesse Delgado and Nico Megaludis up first at 125!

Dear god, Delgado just had him in a Boston Crab.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

Dear god, Delgado just had him in a Boston Crab.

This match has been really tense with crazy scrambles

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

This match has been really tense with crazy scrambles

I didn't keep track of the results from yesterday so is Delgado the only Illini I have to cheer on?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

I didn't keep track of the results from yesterday so is Delgado the only Illini I have to cheer on?

For the finals yes. There are several still alive for third.

Delgado wins on riding time in double OT!

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Graff-Ramos up now in 133 should be really good

E: I'm looking forward to Stieber-Retherford next at 141. Retherford is a RS Freshman and the only guy to beat Logan Stieber this year

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 9, 2014

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Stieber is dominant beating Retherford 7-3

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Welp, here comes the pain.

Edit: Is there a name for that single leg outside trip combination dealy Taylor just pulled off.

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 9, 2014

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Holy loving shoulder roll takedown David Taylor

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He probably trained as much for his mma fights as he does for jiu jitsu tournaments, which is not at all.

Drinking only twice a week is pretty hardocre by Dean's estimation.

I hear people clamour for cool fights like Maia/Gracie (when Maia was a middleweight). Little did they know we had something as awesome as Arona/Lister prior to that!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
NAGA? More like NO! GAG! :barf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_YdfsOXO0

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: NCAA Wrestling Brackets were released today

Views: Kyven Gadson got loving robbed at 197. 32-2 (both losses to the same guy), avenges those losses with a win two weeks ago, has a win over the guy who got the #2 seed (hasn't seen the #1 or #3 seeds) and has been ranked #1 in every poll for the past month.

And they give him the #5 seed. Bullshit.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'll have a March Matness thread up tomorrow or Monday. But in the mean time here's a totally not gay picture I came across of the top seed at 133 pounds.

Nothing to see here.

westcoaster
Oct 26, 2010
anyone train in Ottawa? I'm moving there and will new school to train at.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I don't train in Ottawa but our affiliate Ottawa Academy of Martial Arts (OAMA) is there (Team Renzo Gracie).

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
New Metamoris 3 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNJu8qyZEi0&hd=1

Don't forget, it's Saturday!

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Well, that was cool. I guess I'm excited about this again.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
less than a week and no one has pulled out. Thankfully no weigh-in so the chances for shenanigans is quickly diminishing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I hope Eddie absolutely schools him because that would be god drat hilarious.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope Eddie absolutely schools him because that would be god drat hilarious.

I want Eddie Bravo to win this so goddamn bad it's not even funny.

e: Eddie by gogoplata from rubber guard.

invision fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 27, 2014

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Eddie winning from solid top pressure and passing would be pretty funny.

dokomoy
May 21, 2004
I'm really surprised by how many people care about the Eddie vs Royler match. Like was anybody in this thread besides Fatherdog even training when they met the first time?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

dokomoy posted:

I'm really surprised by how many people care about the Eddie vs Royler match. Like was anybody in this thread besides Fatherdog even training when they met the first time?

You rang? (but not jiu jitsu, so the fact that I cared about the first one and care about this remains somewhat mysterious).

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

dokomoy posted:

I had been training over 4 years at that time.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The real question is "When and for how long should I move this thread to TCC"

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Xguard86 posted:

less than a week and no one has pulled out. Thankfully no weigh-in so the chances for shenanigans is quickly diminishing.

I think there is a weigh-in. Eddie mentions them agreeing to 165 in passing in this piece here in which they discuss all the details of the whole pants issue: http://jiujitsumag.com/exclusive-pantgate-royler-and-eddie-speak/

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

origami posted:

Eddie winning from solid top pressure and passing would be pretty funny.

Unironically this

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Has this garbage started yet

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

Has this garbage started yet

It purports to be starting an hour from now. Since it's a grappling event, starting on time would be some kind of minor miracle anyway.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

fatherdog posted:

It purports to be starting an hour from now. Since it's a grappling event, starting on time would be some kind of minor miracle anyway.

Okay, the countdown indicated 6 EST. I am getting some SQL connection errors here - http://metamoris.com/live-stream - so I'm a bit apprehensive at the moment.

edit:

How was the stream last time? I didn't watch it live previously.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

Okay, the countdown indicated 6 EST. I am getting some SQL connection errors here - http://metamoris.com/live-stream - so I'm a bit apprehensive at the moment.

6 is the free pre-show, airing right now, which is mostly Florian and Rogan talking about BJJ. I got a lot of mysql errors as well, hopefully they clear that up. I didn't have any problems with the first two events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Looks like this sequel is about to crash :smugdog: