Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Successor

Name a Novan heir: 15

Name Talarist the heir: 4

Delay: 2

Classes

Wield Magic: 8

Swords: 8

Resist Magic: 7

Sense Magic: 6

Lumen: 6

Archery: 4

Polearms: 2

Reflexes: 1

Winners

Name a Novan heir

Wield Magic

Resist Magic

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Like my mother did with Uncle Laurent and Merva. Talarist is only distantly related, and he's foreign. He doesn't count.

Who should inherit the duchy of Elath, then?

(Hmm. There are a few noble families with a lot of children, too many to inherit all the existing titles. Arisse, the Duchess of Lillah, has six children. The oldest three all have lands already. That's Kevan, the Earl of Io, Corisande, the Duchess of Mead, and Charmion, the Duchess-Consort of Kigal. That leaves three others who are all a few years older than me. he Duke and Duchess of Kigal have seven children, three around my age and four younger.)

(And they're all Arisse's grandchildren through their mother. So either way, it would be her line.)

Maybe the title of the thread should be Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: the Visual Novel.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 9, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not enough religious unrest to be CK2.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Things we know about any of this poo poo:

quote:

The political disruption in Tombula in recent years has caused a disruption in their chocolate production, which is to the benefit of Nova, particularly the duchy of Kigal.

Lillah and Elath comprise almost the entire eastern border of the Kingdom of Nova.

Duchess Arisse’s previous husband was supposed to be a nasty piece of work. He may even have attacked Adair’s mother before her untimely death. He’s gone now, of course, but she (Duchess Arisse) is still the sort of woman who married a monster.
Kigal has chocolate & isn't ruled by someone who married a jackass(sure it's all connected to her, but this is less direct). Give the territory to the child of the duke of Kigal.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

A random commoner

I'm actually curious about this one, I've never reached this particular decision.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Haha. I didn't expect you to have us vote on this one, too. Let's go with Kigal since it doesn't border Elath, unlike Lillah.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Lets be scandalous again! Give it to a random commoner!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Geez, I can't keep track of all these weirdo nobles, but I'm drat sure not going to hand power off to the plebs. Next they'll be building hospitals and libraries. Anything that's not a commoner.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
JRPGs taught us that a random commoner can often turn out to be the hero of destiny or something dumb like that and will end up saving the world. Thus it only makes sense for us to pick one, that way the hero will be on our side!

Surely this couldn't even any other way.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Peasants are meant to listen, not speak. Kigal

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Kigal works for me. Considering our Queen is barely educated in leadership matters I can't buy some random commoner having any chance in the slightest of being an effective leader.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
A child from Kigal.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Meritocracy! We can't let the other nobles get more poo poo then us, so we need to keep them weak. Appoint an administrator! WE TAKE THE LAND OURSELVES.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Samuel posted:

Meritocracy! We can't let the other nobles get more poo poo then us, so we need to keep them weak. Appoint an administrator! WE TAKE THE LAND OURSELVES.

Appointing an administrator means "find someone who's been keeping the duchy going while Adair was a kid living in Lillah or Ishtar, and make that person a noble", not "let's take Elath for ourselves".

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
A random commoner! Selected by lottery!

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

A random commoner! We need to establish a precedent of arbitrary whim.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lillah, I've got a good feeling about her name.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Give it to a random hobo. The crazier the better.

Arp1033
Oct 13, 2012
Who better knows what the people need than the people themselves? Commoner

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

A random commoner, because those other options sound boring.

This is probably going to get us killed, but whatever.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Running through the meadows
Away from the hollows
Nice and easy follows
Don Alberto Morrow
On a path filled with sorrow
Mother come back tomorrow

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Kigal's kids need some land

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Give it to the first guy we see on the street.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
There is nothing that can possibly go wrong from giving some random un-educated sap the throne!

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe
a random commoner really can't do any worse than we have. I mean, we have to assume that they at least know how food and money work?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dunatis Ishmael posted:

a random commoner really can't do any worse than we have. I mean, we have to assume that they at least know how food and money work?

True, but they also don't get the luxury of spending whole weeks learning two things.

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES
A random encounter.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Everyone's favourite person, A. Random Commoner Esquire.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
random commoner because it is the least sensible and therefore the most funny.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Kigal

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Guys, let's not be random.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Elath, gently caress the noble whelps. They have enough without encroaching on these bloodstained lands... perhaps it was their murderous plot that we've imprisoned the grieving father over, not the wicked stepmother. Never Trust Nobles is what I'm saying here.

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
Pretty sure Talarist won't win, which is a shame. Those in charge of the land in our kingdom are our subjects by default, right? Nothing quite like subjugating the foreigners.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
Having an admin with ruling experience should be best.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Don't take one of the childs from the Duches of Lilah.

Remember the guy who killed a person in front of your eyes and threw the bloody dagger at your feet, while cursing you? That's the family you are dealing with.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
A commoner, the less teeth the better!

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Administrator so we can have a new noble that's both competent and not inbred :D

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
Elath.

Also, seriously people this is just about the worst descision to ever make, that duchy's going to burn to the loving ground if we just give the title to some shmuck. Peasants have no idea how to run things! Most of them can't even read! Plus, we're going to end up getting him (and probably ourselves, for putting him there) assassinated.

Either that or daddy's going to veto our descision and lose respect for us because seriously how loving dumb are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
That guy, that one over there, in the snappy rags-and-fleas outfit.

• Locked thread