Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Jesus christ whoever you nominate, do not name a commoner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I think we've reached the point where goons, after flocking here at the promise of dead princesses, have lost interest in politics and now just want to watch the whole thing burn.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

I think we've reached the point where goons, having come here hoping to see royal blood being spilled, have lost interest in politics and now just want to watch the whole thing burn.

It's a first playthrough chosen by goon majority. I expected to be dead weeks ago.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

VinnyDonuts posted:

Also, seriously people this is just about the worst descision to ever make, that duchy's going to burn to the loving ground if we just give the title to some shmuck. Peasants have no idea how to run things! Most of them can't even read!
Considering how our class knowledge gains work, I seriously wonder if Eloide even knew how to read starting out. Her ciphering classes require reading, but maybe 'this is what letters mean' was part of the week 1 coursework.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

paradoxGentleman posted:

I think we've reached the point where goons, after flocking here at the promise of dead princesses, have lost interest in politics and now just want to watch the whole thing burn.

I just want to put the commoner on the throne because it sounds hilarious. Besides, I bet most people that have played this game haven't even tried that option, so it will be a learning experience for everyone!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

C... posted:

A commoner, the less teeth the better!

Yes because insulting literally every noble is the best way to not get assassinated. :rolleyes:

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Not a commoner! come on, folks.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010

Shwqa posted:

Yes because insulting literally every noble is the best way to not get assassinated. :rolleyes:

Then you deal with the traitors and give the titles to commoners. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Commoner

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Hah, yes. Let's tempt some of our more rebellious vassals into open rebellion, then use our money to hire mercs to fight their rebellion, then revoke their titles to give to those who remained true to us. After all, when you already have a treacherous realm, it's often better just to stir up the poo poo on your own terms, then purge, rather than let fate dictate what may come.

Commoner, preferably as incompetent as possible.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
Who was I, to be so conceited as to think I could hold back the tide of idiocy? Mark my words, your capricous actions shall be the doom of us all!

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Sign citizenship papers for the dog so it can be considered a commoner, and install the dog. Honestly, any administrator, noble, or commoner we grant the title to is bound by gratitude to do whatever Elodie says for the rest of their lives anyway, so let's just be honest about what this means for Elath's peasantry:

Tax, boy! Tax!

Arf!

Good boy! Now off with their heads!

*snarl*

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 9, 2014

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Administrator

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Administrator. This playthrough seems to actually be going surprisingly well. Let's not go full stupid yet.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Random Commoner

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

legoman727 posted:

Administrator. This playthrough seems to actually be going surprisingly well. Let's not go full stupid yet.

We've probably already hosed up. I'm only saying probably because I'm not completely sure on what our stats are.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed. Sorry this is late, I had forgotten it was daylight savings time! I'm afraid I can't count Captain Bravo's or Legoman's votes (not that they would have made a difference).

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 9, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

The New Duke

A random commoner!: 19

A child of the Duke of Kigal: 7

An administrator from Elath: 6

Not a commoner: 4

A child of the Duchess of Lillah: 1

Not a child of Lillah: 1

Going back in time to select Talarist: 1

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I tried to come up with something to represent Elodie's decision making process.

Who should inherit the duchy of Elath, then?

(Oh, god. Please no)

Get a random commoner!

No, get the spawn of Kigal!

Off with their head! Off with everyone's heads!

Fools! We need the Elath administrator.

Fhtagn!

(The whispering never ends.)

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 9, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Very well.

Joslyn never fails to prove that he is Regent of the Year material.

You have nothing more to learn about Resist Magic.

Soldiers from Talasse have crossed the border into Elath and are pushing towards the ducal seat. The Duke of Sedna insists that he is the rightful heir, and the territory belongs to him. Your newly-appointed Duke requests additional military support and supplies.

*sigh* Fine. Whatever.

You also have some letters.

(Another letter from Briony. Why does she keep writing me? We were never even friends.)

(She says she's bored and lonely and she's looking forward to seeing me at Gwenelle's birthday party.)

(That's right! Gwenelle is about to turn fifteen! She'll be Duchess of Sudbury for real now.)

(This other letter must be my invitation to her birthday celebration next week. Gwenelle and I were friends at school, and this will be a big event, but it's also a long way to travel. A lot of things can happen on the road.)

Should we forget about that entire looming war thing and just go to a birthday party? And what classes should we take next week?

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 10, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Poil posted:

Elodie's decision making process

Elodie was stricken with the same disease as Red and AJ Downs (AKA the internet).

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Let's go to the party! Surely the failed divination check, Eloide herself suggesting it's dangerous, and unrest among the nobility won't cause anything bad to happen! :downs:

E: Also swordsx2 I guess.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 9, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Snub her and her stupid party.

I guess I'll keep voting for swords and smorgasbords swords.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I dunno about the party, but I think we should train up Wield Magic X 2 and max it out!

MAXIMUM MAGICAL GIRL

EDIT:

Also wear the MAGICAL GIRL outfit

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 10, 2014

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

gently caress yeah BIRTHDAY PARTY! Let's also impress them with some swords and archery.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I think it's funny that that called for a Divination check as opposed to an Intrigue check or something. Like the threat isn't that there might be assassins, but there's some kind of ill omen specifically associated with going to birthday parties. "Ah, you have turned over the Merry Clown in the upright position. That's very, very bad." But anyway screw all that, let's go to a party. :v:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

IT'S PARTY TIME :toot:

Also Swords x2

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Yea, the game does kinda spoil itself sometimes, doesn't it? Lets learn to Sense and Resist Magic.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

You gotta fight (swordsx2) for your right to Party :toot:

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Well since we're hell-bent on going to the doom party we might as well be armed to the teeth and bring two swords.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Haifisch posted:

Let's go to the party!
At least with max resist you'll be the only one left standing when a warlock jumps out of the cake to save you from all the social rolls you'll fumble.

Train ~feel magic~

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Who needs parties?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Let's go to the party where we can make awkward conversation with the nobles of Nova about how we just appointed a random commoner to be higher status than them.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I can't imagine what must be going through her father's head as he just nonchalantly implements all the crazy silly nonsense Elodie decrees.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

You're a queen now, you don't have time to attend parties. Don't bother.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Don't go to the party and study double Lumen.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Go to the party! And study Bows and Polearms.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Let's take a break and go to the party! Socializing is very important, and so is studying swords and archery.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012
Go to the party. And please study Bows x2.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

I can't imagine what must be going through her father's head as he just nonchalantly implements all the crazy silly nonsense Elodie decrees.
Maybe he's playing a drinking game. If she executes someone he has to take a shot, but if she pardons someone he has to take two. If she makes an uninformed decision he has to take one. Things like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Don't go.

And judging by the state of every educational facility that's not royal private tutors, I'm not sure we can leave this little uprising in the hands of our generals. Study Military.

• Locked thread