Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Xealot posted:

How *would* the real world documentation for Henry work, though? All official channels would confirm he was put up for a blind adoption, and is named Henry Mills, wouldn't they? I mean, genetic testing would confirm he's Emma's son, but that'd be a weird case. Regina Mills vanishing 10 years earlier, around the time Emma got out of prison, would be very suspicious indeed...

As long as you can access the birth certificate you've got everything you need. You might think every sector of government did background checks for everyone they came in contact with but you'd be wrong. Nobody has the time or money to do investigations without some reason for it. The school will register you. The DMV will give you a license. All you need is a birth certificate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Xealot posted:

How *would* the real world documentation for Henry work, though? All official channels would confirm he was put up for a blind adoption, and is named Henry Mills, wouldn't they? I mean, genetic testing would confirm he's Emma's son, but that'd be a weird case. Regina Mills vanishing 10 years earlier, around the time Emma got out of prison, would be very suspicious indeed...

This is the way I think it works:

For almost everyone born in a land other than 21st century Earth, they return to their original world. Whale goes to Frankensteinland and everybody else returns to the Enchanted Forest. All these people keep all of their memories of everything that has passed before in Storybrooke.

For 21st century Earth Storybrooke doesn't exist and never has existed. Which means that Regina Mills never existed and could not have adopted Henry. Presumably, the same type of magic that created Storybrooke as a town in Maine and gave official government identities to all its residents did the same thing for Emma and Henry, which would include her not giving Henry up for adoption.

For Emma and Henry, they received memories congruent with the identities and backgrounds, ie Emma kept Henry and raised him as her son. At some point they remember leaving the Boston area and went to New York. Also, Emma's bounty business is probably doing pretty well because NY apartments are far from cheap.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

KilGrey posted:

I got spoiled on the Black Fairy and it's going to be awesome! If you hadn't heard and want to be spoiled too: It's a twist on the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz played by the hot red head from Lost whose name I can't remember. The one that came with the research/rescue team.

I wasn't sure whether I wanted to spoil that for myself or not but I'm so happy that I did. I'm so excited for that, The Wizard of Oz is a mild obsession of mine so this makes me super happy!
:holy:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
If the Once gang does end up going to that character's home world, this song needs to be playing in the background.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm pretty happy that they pretty much chucked everything about the show except the characters maybe. I hope March really is a fresh start. For this past season the only reason I've been watching the show is for Hooks sexiness but I'm excited for this show to come back for the first time since the middle of last season.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Casual watching of S1 turned to binge watching after S2 it got so good. I really hoped that the Hook finale teaser wouldn't have happened and the show would have enjoyed that extremely sweet ending. Not all shows get to enjoy a really good ending like that. I was angrily yelling at the TV when I saw the One year later... splash.

Oh well, on the the Wonderland spinoff.

bone app the teeth fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 6, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

flare posted:

Casual watching of S1 turned to binge watching after S2 it got so good. I really hoped that the Hook finale teaser wouldn't have happened and the show would have enjoyed that extremely sweet ending. Not all shows get to enjoy a really good ending like that. I was angrily yelling at the TV when I saw the One year later... splash.

Oh well, on the the Wonderland spinoff.
Well if the show really just dives after that you could just stop there and ignore the one year later bit.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Is wonderland on Netflix yet?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

fork bomb posted:

Is wonderland on Netflix yet?

No, it hasn't had a full season yet.

Lady Frenzy
Oct 25, 2011

Zulander won't know what hit him

The Baroness posted:

If I were Emma, I would totally go for Hook.

Oh yeah, I would totally go for the untrustworthy guy who locked me up to die in Rumplestiltskin's cell, tried to keep me from getting home and held me at swordpoint while talking about how he wanted to stick his dick in me, and later told me I should make out with him because he saved my dad's life, just 'cause he's SO HOT. I'm sure he'd be a great stepdad to Henry too, I mean look how well it worked out with his dead girlfriend's son.

Look, I think Colin O'Donoghue is one of the sexiest men alive myself, but the Hook/Emma poo poo is offensively stupid for all those reasons. It had hatesex potential (not that they'd show that on an ABC Family Show starring Disney characters), but then they had to go and turn Hook into this limp-dicked lovesick feeb who mopes around making eyes at Emma when he's not picking fights with her ex/his stepson like a five-year-old. It's pretty embarrassing when you remember he used to be a decently entertaining bad guy. I loved him with both Cora and Regina (and he actually had really good scenes this season with both Pan and Tinkerbell--that were ultimately about Emma), but now he's just lame.

In spoiler news, somebody's gonna die, for real this time! And I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Hook, because I've heard rumors Colin is tired of his role anyway and the fact that it's happening before pilot season probably isn't a coincidence. I don't think it'll be Neal because he already "died" (and besides, killing him off for real would impart a pretty lovely life lesson considering Baelfire's whole life has been pretty much rear end). I can't see it being Snow even though Ginny is preggo and will be taking a leave of absence, because she holds too much sway over production--same with Charming, even though he's about as intriguing as Wonder Bread. Regina? No loving way, she's too popular. Henry? Doubt they'd kill a kid, especially not one who the entire series basically centers around. Belle? She doesn't do much either, but killing her would do nothing other than give Rumple angst. Hook doesn't really do poo poo anymore except look pretty and try to sniff Emma's crotch, since he gave up on trying to kill Rumple. He's pretty expendable.

Lady Frenzy fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 1, 2014

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Lady Frenzy posted:

Oh yeah, I would totally go for the untrustworthy guy who locked me up to die in Rumplestiltskin's cell, tried to keep me from getting home and held me at swordpoint while talking about how he wanted to stick his dick in me, and later told me I should make out with him because he saved my dad's life, just 'cause he's SO HOT. I'm sure he'd be a great stepdad to Henry too, I mean look how well it worked out with his dead girlfriend's son.

Look, I think Colin O'Donoghue is one of the sexiest men alive myself, but the Hook/Emma poo poo is offensively stupid for all those reasons. It had hatesex potential (not that they'd show that on an ABC Family Show starring Disney characters), but then they had to go and turn Hook into this limp-dicked lovesick feeb who mopes around making eyes at Emma when he's not picking fights with her ex/his stepson like a five-year-old. It's pretty embarrassing when you remember he used to be a decently entertaining bad guy. I loved him with both Cora and Regina (and he actually had really good scenes this season with both Pan and Tinkerbell--that were ultimately about Emma), but now he's just lame.

In spoiler news, somebody's gonna die, for real this time! And I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Hook, because I've heard rumors Colin is tired of his role anyway and the fact that it's happening before pilot season probably isn't a coincidence. I don't think it'll be Neal because he already "died" (and besides, killing him off for real would impart a pretty lovely life lesson considering Baelfire's whole life has been pretty much rear end). I can't see it being Snow even though Ginny is preggo and will be taking a leave of absence, because she holds too much sway over production--same with Charming, even though he's about as intriguing as Wonder Bread. Regina? No loving way, she's too popular. Henry? Doubt they'd kill a kid, especially not one who the entire series basically centers around. Belle? She doesn't do much either, but killing her would do nothing other than give Rumple angst. Hook doesn't really do poo poo anymore except look pretty and try to sniff Emma's crotch, since he gave up on trying to kill Rumple. He's pretty expendable.

I'm not sure I'd write off Belle so quickly. I don't want her to die or anything, but maybe they're going to un-redeem Rumplestiltskin. Killing Belle off would be a pretty good start to that plot arc.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

They're baaaaaaack!

Lizard is the best wish-maker. In such a dour world where human life is cheap and fierce monsters roam the land, all she wished for was beer, fireworks and a makeover (:swoon:)

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

They're baaaaaaack!

Lizard is the best wish-maker. In such a dour world where human life is cheap and fierce monsters roam the land, all she wished for was beer, fireworks and a makeover (:swoon:)

So, in this type of scene, do you have a prosthetic hand, or just put a glove on your actual hand and pretend it's prosthetic?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Can this get stickied/bumped since there's a new episode on tonight?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

johntfs posted:

Can this get stickied/bumped since there's a new episode on tonight?

I think you just nee to PM Deadpool.

I have to admit, the "wicked" hype campaign has been working, I'm pretty excited for the show to be back.
I mean, this is gorgeous...

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Tupping Liberty posted:

I think you just nee to PM Deadpool.

I have to admit, the "wicked" hype campaign has been working, I'm pretty excited for the show to be back.
I mean, this is gorgeous...

I sure hope that's a spoiler for the future of the show and not for flashback scenes: Rumple!!! I had to look up a hi-res pic to confirm.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I can't wait for the new episode. I got busy and behind on episodes after the season 3 premiere, and only got around to marathoning the first half of this season a few weeks ago. Holy cats, I enjoyed it so much more than the back half of season 2. The show is still cheesy and goofy but in a fun as hell way. :woop: They really improved on the stuff that was dragging it down for me before.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

parque bynch posted:

I sure hope that's a spoiler for the future of the show and not for flashback scenes: Rumple!!! I had to look up a hi-res pic to confirm.

Oh, yeah, I didn't think about that... should I take it down?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Tupping Liberty posted:

Oh, yeah, I didn't think about that... should I take it down?

Nah...with this show, there are so many flashbacks that there is no way to tell if it's current or not so I don't think it spoils anything. Not to mention, I don't think anyone would be surprised for him to turn back up alive somehow anyway. Besides, if it was supposed to be a big spoiler I doubt they'd use it on promotional posters etc.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

This is one of their recent promotional posts from the Facebook page even though Storybrooke was erased.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Oh, is this tonight? I didn't expect it back so soon.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I enjoyed Snow's "K Regina I know you're going to whine about this but come with us and hang out I'm not going to be a bitch about it this time, promise"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Hopefully Rebecca Mader gets more than half a dozen episodes before being killed off like most of her other roles.

Anyone catch/want to discuss Wonderland, since it also started back up earlier this week? Pretty sure it only has maybe 4 episodes left too.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Thank god Walsh was evil. Talk about a downgrade from Hook and Neil... Also, Emma probably had sex with a flying monkey? Ewww... I'm not excited at all about the return to Storybrooke. :( I wish the show could have just moved permanently to fairytale land.

ashez2ashes fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 10, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
At least it looks like we'll get flashbacks to the year in the Enchanted Forest alongside the Storybrooke stuff. I'm glad they brought back Emma's memory though like right away. I didn't want to deal with another season of Emma not remembering (of course now Henry doesn't remember).

Also surprised that the effects on the flying monkey were pretty good. Seriously what was UP with that deer in season 1?

Did no one else here watch this tonight?? I think everyone forgot it was on.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"He smells like forest!"

I hope the Storybrooke stuff is just an elaborate ruse. It would be better for everyone if they just stick to the fairytale worlds.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
So...the red leather jacket is now "Savior Jacket" then? I also really like the Wicked thing. Bad CGI evil monkeys, I approve.

Also this opens up a lot of new characters from Oz. I wonder how that's going to work. Glinda/wizard, for instance.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Sober posted:

Anyone catch/want to discuss Wonderland, since it also started back up earlier this week? Pretty sure it only has maybe 4 episodes left too.
Knave rules.
Queenie's slipping accent/boots combo is entertaining.
Jafar has consistent taste in women.
Alice has to stop mouth-breathing.
Cyrus should just play the rest of the season as his Fresh Meat character with zero explanation or reaction from the other characters.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

I'm guessing the liquid that Hook fed to Emma was from the restoring pool? Hope they have enough for Henry, otherwise he's going to be very upset about missing the field trip next week!

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Wait what the gently caress you have to be a Hulu Plus member to watch this now?

welp time to set the DVR for "reruns" and find something else to do with my Monday lunchbreak :argh:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I really liked this episode. I'm so glad to see the always beautiful Regina back and saying wicked hateful things and being a total badass, and like someone else mentioned I'm especially glad Emma got her memory back right away. I also hope Rebecca Mader gets a lot to do; I think she'll play really well versus Regina.

Does anyone else think that Snow's baby could be evil, or at least a "designed" pregnancy by someone evil (i.e. the Wicked Witch)? David mentioned that the last year is a blank, and she obviously got preggers somewhere within that timeframe. Seems like a memory wipe would be the perfect disguise for a cursed baby. I'm admittedly going off into la-la land here but maybe the new baby could be an anti-Henry. I should stop now I think...

Also yeah the monkey CGI was surprisingly good for this show.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I saw Megan Ory in the credit roll but I didn't spot her at all. Or did I just miss her in a single scene or something?

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

Sober posted:

I saw Megan Ory in the credit roll but I didn't spot her at all. Or did I just miss her in a single scene or something?

Big crowd shot at the start... surprised they bothered throwing her in, but I want Ruby back (maybe the wolf is also Toto! :tinfoil:) so that's promising.

Still don't get the hate for Storybrooke. Show feels less like generic fantasy fare for me when they keep it in modern setting.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
I have to admit I laughed out loud at the Hook/Henry interaction. "What are you wearing?" "What are YOU wearing?"

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Count me in for also being glad that Emma got her memory back right away, as well as getting the NY crew to Storybrooke right away, and getting Regina and Robin Hood together in the same sphere right away.

All of those plot points could have been dragged out for way too long and I want them to get straight to the action.

I can't wait to see more of the WWotW. I hope they bring in more of the Oz characters. I wonder why Aurora and Philip didn't warn the gang about the danger.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

pahuyuth posted:

Does anyone else think that Snow's baby could be evil?

No. Snow and Charming talked about having a baby last season. Also, babies can not be evil. They may grow up to be evil but they are not born that way.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

fork bomb posted:

I wonder why Aurora and Philip didn't warn the gang about the danger.

Didn't Aurora say something about how "she" threatened to harm their baby if they didn't tell her about newcomers, or something?

Looking forward to flashbacks to the past year, but also flashbacks to how the WW took over fairy tale land to start with.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Tupping Liberty posted:

Didn't Aurora say something about how "she" threatened to harm their baby if they didn't tell her about newcomers, or something?

Yes, I can't remember the exact wording but it was about reporting the arrival if the Storybrooke crew. That doesn't mean they couldn't have told the group about the WWotW. :confused:

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

fork bomb posted:

Yes, I can't remember the exact wording but it was about reporting the arrival if the Storybrooke crew. That doesn't mean they couldn't have told the group about the WWotW. :confused:

Not only that, but we've established that their fairy tales exist in the real world. Were they really in Storybrooke for 28 years, and had the curse lifted for a few months (maybe longer?), and The Wizard of Oz never came on TV? Neil at least would surely have seen it at some point and be like "flying monkeys, really?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So Emma dated a flying monkey for 8 months and it was an awesome relationship? Then he turned out to be a monkey so she killed him and whelp things are back to normal? Of all the things in this show I think that has strained my credulity the most.

• Locked thread