Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

I think I'm the only person who didn't find the Roy Orbison episode particularly entertaining. It was fine for the car trip I was in, but a little dull after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Emasculator posted:

I think I'm the only person who didn't find the Roy Orbison episode particularly entertaining. It was fine for the car trip I was in, but a little dull after a while.

I thought it was really funny the first time, but I've only gone back to it once when I had a long plane flight and downloaded a shitload of F+ episodes. Maybe it's because you know where all the stories are going.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Definitely go to that guy's site and read the whole adventure game, by the way. They didn't get through half of it in the episode and it's wall to wall gold.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Emasculator posted:

It's still one of only two episodes I haven't listened to, because I feel like that joke is just kind of played-out at this point. It's basically Tubgirl to me. The other one's the Sinead O'Connor one, because I've read enough of the source material to know it would just annoy the poo poo out of me.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TetsuoTW posted:

It's still one of only two episodes I haven't listened to, because I feel like that joke is just kind of played-out at this point. It's basically Tubgirl to me. The other one's the Sinead O'Connor one, because I've read enough of the source material to know it would just annoy the poo poo out of me.

The Sinead O'Connor one's worth a listen just because by the end of it everyone's tried to ape an accent that they have no business ever trying and that's always worth a laugh.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The delivery really is as, if not moreso, important as what's being read.

Wow that was a really badly formed sentence.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 6, 2014

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

TetsuoTW posted:

The Roy Orbison Completely Covered In Cling-Film stuff is a classic, but something that really makes the episode is that they don't know it. They only knew it was a classic when it was told to them in the comments section later, so what you're seeing in the episode is a bunch of people hearing a classic for the first time.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I love that episode because they are all so genuinely happy while reading it. Like, they legitimately find every story to be the most exciting thing, even though, or perhaps because they know, where it's going. I believe every cheer in that episode was completely sincere, in a weird, passed-enjoying-it-ironically-into-actually-enjoying-it sort of way.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

OK, you've convinced me, I'm going in.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I love that episode because they are all so genuinely happy while reading it. Like, they legitimately find every story to be the most exciting thing, even though, or perhaps because they know, where it's going. I believe every cheer in that episode was completely sincere, in a weird, passed-enjoying-it-ironically-into-actually-enjoying-it sort of way.

Because it's an extremely bizarre fetish, but unlike all the other fetish episodes it's neither gross nor harmful to other people.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The other thing to keep in mind about the Roy Orbison episode is that they acknowledge that it's a joke; they're laughing with it on its own terms. What killed the Hans von Hozel (and creepypasta, to a lesser extent) episodes for me was that the material was obviously parodic but was treated as if sincere - no matter how funny, it's not nearly as good when delivered through people who seem to be missing the point. The Roy Orbison episode isn't like that at all, which might keep it from really fitting the podcast's theme but makes it great in its own chilled-out kind of way.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 8, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rebochan posted:

My only disappointment in the episode is that I guess I just didn't find them outrageous enough. Just being a "nerd wedding" is kind of mundane to me though the woman bragging about grabbing her husband's butt all the time was creepy as hell. And I'm still cursing that I googled Extreme Elvis and now I have to know what that is oh god my mind

I'm going to assume that Extreme Elvis is just a skateboarding Elvis that does sick Shooting Star Presses.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I Before E posted:

I'm going to assume that Extreme Elvis is just a skateboarding Elvis that does sick Shooting Star Presses.

Yeah. You're right. That's exactly what it is. You don't have to Google it now. No one should.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Don't do what I did and think "well now I have to google it!"

Please.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Come on, it's not nearly that bad.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Extreme Elvis is nearly the platonic ideal of F+ subjects. He is naked and fat and his website looks like this:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

@TheFPlus posted:

Just recorded an episode with @adambozarth about an oral fixation (that doesn't involve genitals, but does involve burger joints).

Looking forward to this one rather than dreading it, for once. :v:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

:siren: WELL KNOWN FOOD PLACE JOKES INCOMING :siren:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
An F Plus NOT involving genitals? gently caress that!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Left Handed Radio's own Adam Bozarth?!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

alcharagia posted:

Left Handed Radio's own Adam Bozarth?!

Yes, Lefthandedradio'sown Adam Bozarth!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hear he is star of stage and screen.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
He certainly is star of A stage and A screen.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Fanzay posted:

Yes, Lefthandedradio'sown Adam Bozarth!
No, the Left-Handed Radiozone, Adam Bozarth.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm just waiting for the day Lemon gets tongue tied and calls him Adam Bozack.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
So this is only tangentially related, but while I was reading it it made me think of rather a lot of our favorite subjects. Cracked posted an article from a dominatrix and phone sex operator about fetishes, and when she gets to the weird stuff it's like seeing an F Plus fetish episode from an entirely different side. The first page (particularly #4 and #3) is where most of the F Plus-y action is, but it's still a fascinating read past it and might help to explain a few of the weirder things we've faced.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
If you aren't listening to Lou Reads the Internet, the latest episode is about Goons from 2005. Spoilers, Goons will always be horrible people.

EDIT: Going through it, though, you can obviously tell which ones are bullshit.

Champeenship fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 12, 2014

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

So I was browsing the site when the same episode popped up on two pages, which means update!

Eventually. The file leads to Episode 129 but as soon as that's fixed we got ourselves a new episode.

EDIT: Which is RIGHT NOW

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 14, 2014

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Huevos rancheevos.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
There isn't a person exhibited on the F Plus that I want to meet more than BBoy360. There is no way in hell he wouldn't be hilarious to watch in reality, he's just that disconnected from everything while also not being borderline-dangerous or mentally ill. He's just incompetent.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Cleretic posted:

There isn't a person exhibited on the F Plus that I want to meet more than BBoy360. There is no way in hell he wouldn't be hilarious to watch in reality, he's just that disconnected from everything while also not being borderline-dangerous or mentally ill. He's just incompetent.

He's convinced he can pick up women by showing off his cheevos. I'm not sure if we can cross mentally ill off the list.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
How is BBoy360 not parody?
Is he parody? I mean...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29FDNEuahE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrqyg6w0BVg

I suppose it could just be pure incompetence. There's a lot of things on the internet that are hard to tell whether or not they are jokes, and you feel embarrassed for not knowing right away if you're supposed to take them seriously.

Klavarskribo
Feb 18, 2011

Grondoth posted:

How is BBoy360 not parody?
Is he parody? I mean...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29FDNEuahE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrqyg6w0BVg

I suppose it could just be pure incompetence. There's a lot of things on the internet that are hard to tell whether or not they are jokes, and you feel embarrassed for not knowing right away if you're supposed to take them seriously.

Regardless of whether or not he's a parody, he's still gone on at least three crowd-funding websites to get his dumbass movie done. If this is his schtick, he's really dedicated to playing an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZukj8glgf0

By the way, did you hear Stallion83 just broke one million gamerscore? Let's all give him a hand!

Klavarskribo fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 14, 2014

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cleretic posted:

I like to imagine he's a combination between this and this.

Edit: After looking at his site and some of Doominatorx6's stuff, I'm pretty sure both of them are being really tongue in cheek. I don't seriously think anyone is dumb enough to think you can pick up girls with your gamerscore. Still, great episode.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 14, 2014

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I don't seriously think anyone is dumb enough to think you can pick up girls with your gamerscore. Still, great episode.

I wanna believe this guy is real, dammit :saddowns:

BBoy360 is seriously one of my favorite FPlus subjects.

Lemon really hates the long A, doesn't he? First "paggin" and now "yaggermeister."

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Soory, paggans :(

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Force him to say "bagel"

edit: What does "boosting" mean? I'm lost here.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 14, 2014

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Drunkboxer posted:

Force him to say "bagel"

Boosting means cheesing achievements to get their gamer score up.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Drunkboxer posted:

Force him to say "bagel"

It's me, I say this wrong all the time. I say other long-a words right though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Drunkboxer posted:

Force him to say "bagel"

To give a better explanation than the guy above -

Say the achievement is to get 50 headshots in multiplayer. You and I are buddies (or we just organize this online) and we play together and I just stand there and let you get your 50 headshots and then you stand there and let me get mine and we both get our fake internet points without the modicum of effort it would normally take.