Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

XyrlocShammypants posted:

My name is Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo

"My name is Guy Incognito"

Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo is from a different episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Watching a home chivas USA game is always weird and sad at the same time. At least the supporters seems to be into it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Watching a home chivas USA game is always weird and sad at the same time. At least the supporters seems to be into it.

Yeah, both of them really go all out.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
The best part about the Chivas rebrand will be that they hopefully won't be faux-Mexican anymore and will actually bother getting an English TV deal so they don't have to put every goddamn game on Unimas.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

UZworm posted:

The best part about the Chivas rebrand will be that they hopefully won't be faux-Mexican anymore and will actually bother getting an English TV deal so they don't have to put every goddamn game on Unimas.

Sunday games at noon are always on UniMas. Where you been the last 8 years? Chivas dont have a local tv deal period.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

UZworm posted:

They had a guy dressed as Captain America parachute into the stadium at half time. Clearly they've shed that faux Mexican persona already.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Tigren posted:

They had a guy dressed as Captain America parachute into the stadium at half time. Clearly they've shed that faux Mexican persona already.

Capitan América

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Sunday games at noon are always on UniMas. Where you been the last 8 years? Chivas dont have a local tv deal period.

Should have said 'Unimas and Univision'. Between the two, a large chunk of Chivas games aren't watchable on Live.

Tigren posted:

If they see the chance and take it to rename themselves America USA, I will be fine with it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Maybe Stan Kroenke will buy them, and we'll finally have the LA Gunners.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

UZworm posted:

Should have said 'Unimas and Univision'. Between the two, a large chunk of Chivas games aren't watchable on Live.

If they see the chance and take it to rename themselves America USA, I will be fine with it.

USAAmerica.com

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Timbers right on track for 34 draws.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
DC aren't in last wooooo

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

porkface posted:

Timbers right on track for 34 draws.

Hey now, we will win 5 and lose 5.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Tzen posted:

Just got a chance to watch all of the game highlights from yesterday. Holy poo poo Vancouver :stare:

We've gone from bringing in a bunch of Swiss/French players to a bunch of Scottish players to a bunch of South American players, hopefully the third time's the charm!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

If watching that game made you think we are going to have a bad season I don't even know what to say

The U had an opportunity to claim a huge road win, at Portland, for three points. Instead, they give up a bullshit soft stoppage time goal. Just like last year.

If the Union managed to hold on against Dallas and RSL, they would have had 4 more points last year. I wonder how many points they missed the playoffs by...

The fact they have Portland a pretty good game is cool and all, but we see the U just give up at the 90th minute multiple times a season and it has burned them over and over and over.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

DOOP posted:

The U had an opportunity to claim a huge road win, at Portland, for three points. Instead, they give up a bullshit soft stoppage time goal. Just like last year.

If the Union managed to hold on against Dallas and RSL, they would have had 4 more points last year. I wonder how many points they missed the playoffs by...

The fact they have Portland a pretty good game is cool and all, but we see the U just give up at the 90th minute multiple times a season and it has burned them over and over and over.

There is a huge difference between those two games last year and the game last night. The play was so far beyond what we were capable of last season.

I also don't really understand how giving up late goals can be considered a trait that we have now or had last season. The three plays we are talking about here are really different from each other and were individual mistakes made by three different guys

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Haven't watched the Portland game yet, probably will on MLS Live this week. Excited for the return of Our Dumb League. Rose City 'Til I Die.

I don't know if I want to pat you on the head condescendingly, laugh at this or get Care-Mad. There's only one U, and it ain't a soccer team.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

harperdc posted:

Haven't watched the Portland game yet, probably will on MLS Live this week. Excited for the return of Our Dumb League. Rose City 'Til I Die.

I don't know if I want to pat you on the head condescendingly, laugh at this or get Care-Mad. There's only one U, and it ain't a soccer team.

Actually it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Universitario_de_Deportes

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

There is a huge difference between those two games last year and the game last night. The play was so far beyond what we were capable of last season.

I also don't really understand how giving up late goals can be considered a trait that we have now or had last season. The three plays we are talking about here are really different from each other and were individual mistakes made by three different guys

We should have won yesterday. And dropping road points at the last minute is going to suck every time. Defending set pieces is something the Union haven't been able to do for years now. And its still annoying as hell that goals like yesterday's still happen.

harperdc posted:

I know that

My outstanding laziness doesn't though

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

DOOP posted:

We should have won yesterday. And dropping road points at the last minute is going to suck every time. Defending set pieces is something the Union haven't been able to do for years now. And its still annoying as hell that goals like yesterday's still happen.

i agree with most of this but i just can't see it as part of some larger problem that has been going on for years. the goal yesterday happened because of a quick corner and a horribly mishit clearance.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I just realized that Beckerman's Bare Thrusting Burrito is way more dirty sounding than his rear end.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I just realized that Beckerman's Bare Thrusting Burrito is way more dirty sounding than his rear end.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Despite losing by one point, I kind of like head-to-head fantasy (put all my hopes on Whitecaps defensive subs). I have a new found hatred for Garber's Young Boys.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

foobardog posted:

Despite losing by one point, I kind of like head-to-head fantasy (put all my hopes on Whitecaps defensive subs). I have a new found hatred for Garber's Young Boys.

It fosters hatred and a hunger to destroy others. Which is why I picked it. We have 52 teams now which boggles my mind. An effort post will come tomorrow when I'm at work on a real computer recapping the weekend.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

:getin: gently caress yeah, Crew domination.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

porkface posted:

Settle down before you give 20,000 people a bad name.

If calling a scab a scab gives 20,000 people a bad name I'm not going to be broken up about it. I wasn't the only one yelling... But as anyone who has met me can attest, I have an annoying voice that carries very well.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

i agree with most of this but i just can't see it as part of some larger problem that has been going on for years. the goal yesterday happened because of a quick corner and a horribly mishit clearance.

Going to have to agree with this. Carroll shanked that ball so bad :( and while really really lovely to drop 2 points that way Portland is a very very good team and the Union played some of the best combinations I think they have ever played. A massive lapse in concentration led to that goal, but on the balance it was a great game that either team could have won and the draw is a fair result. Really looking forward to NE now thinking that if the forwards click we could easily put up 3.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
If I buy mls live and live in dcu's broadcast area can I still watch matches live on the other teams broadcast feed or is it like nba league pass where I'm blacked out for both?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr Pepper posted:

If I buy mls live and live in dcu's broadcast area can I still watch matches live on the other teams broadcast feed or is it like nba league pass where I'm blacked out for both?

You'll be blacked out, and there are no feed options on MLS Live. You only ever get the home broadcast team, except for some teams (like DC at the moment) who don't have a broadcast deal and just show an away broadcast.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

Speaking of which, that entire sequence was the result of Carroll hoofing the ball instead of playing the short pass. What a killer mistake from the Captain. Carroll has no place on this team and something has to be done about that.

But nothing will :(

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The New York City Soccer Team

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

:siren: FANTASY UPDATE! :siren:
After Round 1, here are your Top 10 teams:

code:
	#	Team			W	D	L	+	Pts
	1	Higuain Chipshots	1	0	0	71	3
	2	Arch City FC		1	0	0	69	3
	3	Placeholder FC		1	0	0	68	3
	4	Duty Free FC		1	0	0	65	3
	5	Crabgrass United	1	0	0	64	3
	6	Atletico Uniballers	1	0	0	62	3
	7	wat do?			1	0	0	57	3
	8	Austin > Orlando	1	0	0	56	3
	9	Lucha Hulk FC		1	0	0	55	3
	10	Erika Tymrak 4 USWNT	1	0	0	53	3
You are fine fellows.

Also, the Bottom 10:
code:
	#	Team			W	D	L	+	Pts
	41	Bortland Benderbutts	0	0	1	32	0
	41	Coffee FC		0	0	1	32	0
	43	Top up top		0	0	1	31	0
	44	FC.1 Worm Burners	0	0	1	28	0
	45	Hashtag FC Bootroom	0	0	1	27	0
	46	Scum United		0	0	1	25	0
	47	Portland Wildlife	0	0	1	24	0
	48	The Union Are Bad	0	0	1	22	0
	49	Lenhart's Pubes		0	0	1	19	0
	50	FNASTY SOCCER TEAM	0	0	1	8	0
	50	Archer SC		0	0	1	8	0
You all disgust me.

And then there's µ FC in 52nd who tried to find every long-term injured player in the league. Plus Deshorn Brown. At least all the other teams picked more than 1 guy who would see the field this year.
code:
	#	Team			W	D	L	+	Pts
	52	µ FC			0	0	1	0	0

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

:siren: FANTASY UPDATE! :siren:
After Round 1, here are your Top 10 teams:

And then there's µ FC in 52nd who tried to find every long-term injured player in the league. Plus Deshorn Brown. At least all the other teams picked more than 1 guy who would see the field this year.
code:
	#	Team			W	D	L	+	Pts
	52	µ FC			0	0	1	0	0

YES.

Momma needs a new spoon for cookin'!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Qu Appelle posted:

YES.

Momma needs a new spoon for cookin'!

I may do 2 last place prizes. One for you, for expertly gaming the system, and the other for who finishes 51st and actually tried to field a team who could physically play the game.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Eat it, 44 other goons.

Also, I prefer the circle logo for NYC.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
The circular NYCFC badge is gorgeous.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

One on the left is at least a decent fit with MLS stuff, but far too much detail has been put into the edge/rim/whatever.

One on the right is legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I may do 2 last place prizes. One for you, for expertly gaming the system, and the other for who finishes 51st and actually tried to field a team who could physically play the game.

I could live with that! I am in QA; expertly gaming the system is what I do.

I shall continue to experts game the system for the duration of the season. Time to make lists of everyone who will be out for World Cup duty - in case one of my players becomes healed.

ps go Uruguay

pps This Fantasy League is also what I needed, after tolerating the offseason. It allows me to combine some of my favorite things: trying to manipulate the system to my own ends, violating our subcultural and social norms in bizarre ways (why yes, I'm in an Anthropology class!), and turning what is normally a staid and serious pastime into something that approaches Fluxus pop surrealistic silly performance art. Oh, and soccer.

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 10, 2014

• Locked thread