Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Flipswitch posted:

Probably, the games really taken off in the past year or so and I haven't really followed the forums in detail for about a year, at least. It's still one of the better forums out there though so don't feel like you should avoid it. Some real treasures in the Infinity community.

Yes their forums have a lot more noise to signal than you typically find here, but if you can find it the "signals" are often really worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

Yes their forums have a lot more noise to signal than you typically find here, but if you can find it the "signals" are often really worthwhile.

Speaking of which, I realised I had made a thing when pictures of the new Tohaa lady got out but forgot to post it anywhere at the time:

Iunno. Seemed to make perfect sense at the time.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

To be fair, if you're sexually attracted to hedgehogs, its one way to get your rock off.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
I'm a noob myself so I don't feel I have the right to comment but having more players is a blessing in my eyes. I'm very happy for corvus belli.
I think the game has some innate more mature or sociable qualities that engender a gentlemanly atmosphere. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. That's just my impression.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
No, you're right. The camo/HD/hidden list element are much more vulnerable to cheaters than say, Warmachine/40K, so if some people abuse the rules and need a close eye and everything written down and set in stone, they're quickly shunned and have trouble finding opponents, especially since Infinity's still small and word travels fast.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Pierzak posted:

No, you're right. The camo/HD/hidden list element are much more vulnerable to cheaters than say, Warmachine/40K, so if some people abuse the rules and need a close eye and everything written down and set in stone, they're quickly shunned and have trouble finding opponents, especially since Infinity's still small and word travels fast.

As much as I love the rules I do fear what a rules lawyer demanding everything be played exactly as written could do with the text.

On the other hand, more editing is always good, so if such lawyering would spur CV to tighten up their writing it would all be for the best. It'll be inevitable anyway if Infinity is ever to hope to have a tournament scene the size of the big games.

Flipswitch posted:

To be fair, if you're sexually attracted to hedgehogs, its one way to get your rock off.

It's the lazy, generic pose that annoys me. An appropriately dynamic pose can make for an awesome enough model to ameliorate the T&A, but just standing with your weapons akimbo looked stupid thirty years ago. With the T&A and static pose combined it looks like they posted one of their dumb sexy dioramas pieces on the main army page by mistake.

PoontifexMacksimus fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 7, 2014

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
I think done with this conversion. The scale of the head is off and could stand to be more crisp but whatevs, it's for playing with, not microscoping at.

And more guys:

(drat that axe hand! A real pain to pin)

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Went down to the hobby shop with a buddy to play a couple 150 games to relearn the rules and YAMS after a few month break. Everything went pretty well, even got interest from a couple potential players. Here's hoping we can get an actual community together again.

In related news, I got my PanO playing friend his very first Cutter for his birthday. About how long will it be before that little robot ruins a twenty year friendship?

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Hellbeard posted:

I think done with this conversion. The scale of the head is off and could stand to be more crisp but whatevs, it's for playing with, not microscoping at.

And more guys:

(drat that axe hand! A real pain to pin)

I'll trade you some of your God tier sculpting ability for some of my painting ability... Awesome head, who cares if it's a little big.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Tentacle Party posted:

I'll trade you some of your God tier sculpting ability for some of my painting ability... Awesome head, who cares if it's a little big.

Thanks for the compliment!
I'm open to suggestions, why not? Though I do enjoy painting too, I might be persuaded to trade work for other things like money or dolls. PM me if you want.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Dulkor posted:

Went down to the hobby shop with a buddy to play a couple 150 games to relearn the rules and YAMS after a few month break. Everything went pretty well, even got interest from a couple potential players. Here's hoping we can get an actual community together again.

In related news, I got my PanO playing friend his very first Cutter for his birthday. About how long will it be before that little robot ruins a twenty year friendship?
About 20 minutes into your next game if mine was anything to judge by. :v:

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008
Any suggestions or advice on this list?

NEOTERRAN CAPITALINE ARMY
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7 0 0

AQUILA MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (59)
AQUILA HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 60)
BULLETEER Heavy Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (25)
AUXILIA Lieutenant Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)
AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse.
HEXA Spitfire / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 31)
AUXILIA Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (14)

GROUP 2 5 0 0

FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
FUSILIER HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)
FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open with Army 4

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Are there any third party companies that make TAG sized guns or bits? I'm thinking about picking up an Anaconda, but I hate how it's waving around a big knife instead of a gun.

What I'd really like is to give it the Iguana gun, but there's no way to get Infinity parts.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
None that I know of, sorry. If you want the exact gun, you'll either have to buy the Iguana or otherwise convert it. Or you can try generic high-tech gun bits.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Yeah that's really the problem, I'm not going to buy a whole TAG just for one bit, but no-one sells Infinity bits, and the 40K bits are the wrong style.

I really wish TAGs were plastic. Or resin.

EDIT: I also wish the Zandris IV guy updated quicker.

EDIT2: I may have found a solution; http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=powered-armour-%252d-assault-backpack-sprue~hfg591&category=miniatures~grymn-powered-armour

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 10, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I really wish TAGs were plastic. Or resin.
I really hope not. Each time I work with resin I want to grind it down and make its manufacturers snort lines of it. And don't even talk to me about plastic.

quote:

EDIT: I also wish the Zandris IV guy updated quicker.
Send him a PM? :v:

As for the TAG guns, I think your best bet would be to cobble something together from the Hasslefree modern guns. If you really want a similar gun, a nice replacement could be the Azrail Feuerbach (or Tsyklon Sputnik) barrel + Nomad HMG bottom.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Threw a few basic 150 lists together for the three armies in my collection. Yu Jing and PanO basically ended up being the ISS and MO starter boxes (minus the Wu Ming for YJ), but I think they're each straightforward enough for demos while playing differently and using some of their faction's trademark gear.

IMPERIAL SERVICE

GROUP 1 5 0 0

CELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (13)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (13)
HSIEN MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 67)
IMPERIAL AGENT (Chain of Command, X Visor) Combi Rifle + E/Mitter / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (43)

2.5 SWC | 149 Points

Open with Army 4

MILITARY ORDERS

GROUP 1 6 0 1

SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 39)
TEUTONIC KNIGHT Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 42)
ORDER SERGEANT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (13)
MAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust / Pistol, EXP CCW. (29)

2.5 SWC | 149 Points

Open with Army 4

HAQQISLAM

GROUP 1 6 0 0

ASAWIRA AP Rifle + Light Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (59)
GHULAM Panzerfaust, Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
MUYIB Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and Smoke Ammo.) / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (13)
NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (10)
LASIQ Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)

3 SWC | 150 Points

Open with Army 4

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pilgrimski posted:

Any suggestions or advice on this list?

NEOTERRAN CAPITALINE ARMY

GROUP 1 7 0 0

AQUILA MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (59)
AQUILA HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 60)
AUXILIA Lieutenant Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)
HEXA Spitfire / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 31)
AUXILIA Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (14)

GROUP 2 5 0 0

FUSILIER HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)
FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open with Army 4
It looks fine to me buddy, I like the idea of putting the link team in their own combat group. Give it a go.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Yeah that's really the problem, I'm not going to buy a whole TAG just for one bit, but no-one sells Infinity bits, and the 40K bits are the wrong style.

Maybe find a local Nomad player, and use some of that quick mold stuff to duplicate parts of the gun?

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Finished-ish these guys:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That bleeding skull on the Metro is pretty gnarly!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Always love to see a painted Infinity force.

Are you gonna zap them with some dullcoat as a final step?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Witch Soldier preview is up. Man they look mean.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/7890/356404.page

Edit: [timg] isn't working... Linking so I don't break the tables.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I like the models.

However, the huge buff-ness and red skin tone puts me in mind of the new Orcs in World of Warcraft.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Space chimps ook ook ook!

The models are nice, not to my taste but I can't deny the quality.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
They don't have a single chainrifle in the box though :wtc:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hope the Zondcat/Doc sculpt are going to be a blister pack as I already own the other two sculpts.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

That bleeding skull on the Metro is pretty gnarly!

There's a bleeding skull?

WAR FOOT posted:

Always love to see a painted Infinity force.

Are you gonna zap them with some dullcoat as a final step?

I sprayed them with some matte finish but it didn't do much. I think maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Hope the Zondcat/Doc sculpt are going to be a blister pack as I already own the other two sculpts.

Me too, but that just means a Tomcat-heavy gimmick list!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Hellbeard posted:

There's a bleeding skull?
He's not bleeding?

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Pierzak posted:

He's not bleeding?

It's blood that spattered on him from shooting enemies.
Maybe he looks like a skull somehow, though I don't see it; a happy accident, as they say.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
He probably meant "bleeding from his skull".

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Pierzak posted:

Well, the "trick" is I use both the enamel and acrylic Tamyia clear red. The enamel is darker like clotted or venous blood and the acrylic is brighter like fresh or arterial blood.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Pierzak posted:

Yes I did. I figured you'd given him a head wound, but he's all like "gently caress it! I'mma shoot my gun!"

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Tomcat Doctor and the cat copter will be available for 3 months in a separate blister.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Tomcat Doctor and the cat copter will be available for 3 months in a separate blister.
Sweet. That solves me buying Kowalsky.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Yes I did. I figured you'd given him a head wound, but he's all like "gently caress it! I'mma shoot my gun!"

That's cooler than what I thought I did so I'm gonna run with that.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Hellbeard posted:

That's cooler than what I thought I did so I'm gonna run with that.

Hells yeah! :hfive:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wCELLH6pawA

New Sun Tze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Now in image form:

• Locked thread