Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm so sick of this loving game already. Them deciding to use Earth, the gateway system that all low level players have to get through before they can even make new weapons or frames, as the testing ground for Interception missions is pissing me off to no end. They are unbalanced as all hell thanks to the leaders. Keep one thing in mind for them: the only way a player can have a non-starter weapon or frame is to have paid plat for them, because both paths out of Earth are gated behind interception missions. They are not possible for players so equipped. I got some goons to take time off their other stuff to get me through the one that gated the systems you need to make weapons, and bought a volt with plat(which I love), but the other people that I am teamed up with are not equipped to handle what those loving unbalanced pieces of poo poo throw at you wave after wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Every new player who is having problems should get in the goon clan ASAP, and ask for help. A high level player can solo those spots and many of us are always willing to help ferry new players through tough spots or to good farming areas/alerts.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
They recently "rebalanced" those interception missions a few days ago, and yeah it is really loving dumb. One of those ice leaders can take down a level 30 frame with fully boosted shields and health in a couple seconds, not to mention the Grineer have hitscan weapons.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Helter Skelter posted:

Several of them are comparable to, if not more powerful than a lot of high-end primaries, so hell yes. The Brakk, for example, has the highest theoretical DPS in the game by a hilariously wide margin.

Highest single target dps. A contender for highest Giant Blob of Enemies theoretical dps is the Stug, which is an amazingly fun sidearm besides.

I've potatoed mine and forma'd it once. I love it dearly.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Piell posted:

Every new player who is having problems should get in the goon clan ASAP, and ask for help. A high level player can solo those spots and many of us are always willing to help ferry new players through tough spots or to good farming areas/alerts.

It took me an entire evening to find a couple people to get me past Eurasia, and I haven't really felt like spending another night sitting there in the clan channel begging for help for the other one.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Highest single target dps. A contender for highest Giant Blob of Enemies theoretical dps is the Stug, which is an amazingly fun sidearm besides.

I've potatoed mine and forma'd it once. I love it dearly.
Oh gawd the Stug. Mines not even at max level and it's still pretty rocking. I waste so much ammo spraying it around everywhere but one/two direct hits kills mid-level enemies. But stick on a Pistol Ammo Mutation and just spam away :black101: Do you like explosions filling your screen?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Khisanth Magus posted:

It took me an entire evening to find a couple people to get me past Eurasia, and I haven't really felt like spending another night sitting there in the clan channel begging for help for the other one.
Keep in mind you don't have to do everything in order. As long as you complete a location normally, you can go back there whenever, so it's probably more worth your time to ask for an unlocking spree that hops you around to all the critical locations for resources and such. Warframe even allows you to vote on locations that are locked for you as long as someone else in the party hits it first.
I'm not sure if this in the OP or not, but it's certainly not an obvious aspect of the game.

That said, it's still worthwhile to work towards unlocking everything eventually. First, for alert access. Second, eventual changes to the lobby system may or may not allow the current ease of skipping around.

EDIT: Okay, there's been a couple of small updates, and they either fixed MOA jamming or it works differently in invasion defenses. I suspect the former, since the constructor MOAs are properly named and colored.

I discovered something else. Hacked a constructor, and this magnificent glowing red fucker stepped out of it.

MOA constructors can roll Leaders. This fucker was level 22 compared to the level 15 starting Corpus and other constructed MOAs.

Sadly, you still can't order allies around, but any of the other MOAs that happened to be near that thing just would not die.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 11, 2014

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Terbulus posted:

Pick a slow frame for the rank 15 test or you'll end up flying all over the place
alternatively just do what i did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRC3-bzfav4

I guess Zephyr is good at something, after all. :colbert:

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm so sick of this loving game already. Them deciding to use Earth, the gateway system that all low level players have to get through before they can even make new weapons or frames, as the testing ground for Interception missions is pissing me off to no end. They are unbalanced as all hell thanks to the leaders. Keep one thing in mind for them: the only way a player can have a non-starter weapon or frame is to have paid plat for them, because both paths out of Earth are gated behind interception missions. They are not possible for players so equipped. I got some goons to take time off their other stuff to get me through the one that gated the systems you need to make weapons, and bought a volt with plat(which I love), but the other people that I am teamed up with are not equipped to handle what those loving unbalanced pieces of poo poo throw at you wave after wave.

Are you referring to the ongoing Tethra event, or the mission nodes themselves?

I did fine soloing the interception missions with a lvl 20ish excalibur and lvl 20ish Lex and Strun. No potatoes (mostly common and uncommon mods).

My strategy was to cap at least two points and then rush at known spawn points and blast them to poo poo. Slash dash while reloading. I used Lex to take out leaders from afar.

The Tethra interception is hosed. Even mid tier publords suck dick there and hate to focus fire and hold position for poo poo. The objectives are further apart, so camping/running from one mob spawn to the other can't be done solo.

I finished Tethra interception on Friday evening (with a non-potato Rhino with Strun). I guess it is when all the vets were playing. It was a breeze.

I tried it again yesterday (Monday) with a lvl 15ish Ember, then a lvl 20 Loki, then Nyx, armed with lvl 20ish Paris and/or Phage (all were potatoed) and I was the only one who managed to hold 1-2 of those radio things. The other 3 players were busy reviving each other and collecting poo poo. After three failed missions, I said gently caress it.

I am a horrible noob and I do not have any awesome warframes or weapons and I did not find interception mission nodes particularly difficult. I suspect these people are mentally challenged and can't figure out a basic strategy to beat this game mode.

Khisanth Magus posted:

If you see me online (HansJurgen), hit me up, and I will help you with your missions. I am leveling up a bunch of warframes, and playing solo (I do not trust pubbies in my games) tends to get boring and lonely fast.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 11, 2014

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Denzine posted:

Ahh c'mon, I only have 1336:46:20 accoring to the in-game timer. 2630 on Steam

I do a lot of helping newbies and others farm frames and unlock stuff and alert taxis and things in general that aren't particularly useful to advancing my Affinity rank. I did manage to hit 15 a few days before Terb though.

This good man carried me through three alerts yesterday/today. I can't thank him enough! :woop:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I stopped playing around update 8 and just got back into this. I like what they've done with damage types, auras, and finally animating and revoicing the dung beetle lady.

It feels like they buffed Rhino back up, or maybe it just feels that way because he roars now. I was soloing and did a Tethra's Doom not knowing what it was, and won by Rhino Charging between points like a big rear end in a top hat. It's annoying how they can take points by just pushing buttons, even when you're at the point, and how a single enemy hiding behind a wall makes that stupid "CONFLICT" pop up during captures, but as a UT Domination fan I like the mode overall. All I gotta do now is finally get some goddamn multishot mods and I'll be happy.

I'm not in the clan, but anybody who wants some Rhino or Loki help in a squad can friend me (TheShineNSB).

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Any goons late to the event party, I'll be online at some point tonight trying valiantly to make the point thresholds (I've only had one chance to play since the event started and failed out of a two-man party because the pubbie Frost died on Tethra's Doom and we got crushed when I went to revive him on his second bleedout). Anyone else looking to squad up for Nova/Rhino/Mag/Volt(/Zephyr) or whatever the optimal comp is, hit me up in chat if you see me on tonight. Handle is the same as here.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

ullerrm posted:

Never loving fails -- every time I get a nightmare mode with Zero Shields, Stalker or G3 spawn and alpha-strike me. :\

Ugh, pretty much the same. The one time I go into a mission solo with a new low-level warframe and guns to test them out, that's when he decides to pop up. Then the very next day he pops up during a high level defense wave when everyone else has disconnected. I'm never going to get my hands on that Dread...(I'm not even going to go into the amount of resources wasted on bolt releases...)

Moving on, does anyone have some advice/tips on what to be focusing on for moving on up to higher-level play? I'm starting to get into the stage where I'd like to use some of these potatoes I've saved from alerts and go into the void, but I wanna make sure they are used in the right place. I'm imagining that some of the flashier warframe abilities like Oberon's Reckoning hit a wall because of the limit of raw damage numbers and instead utility abilities like Loki's decoy and Nyx's chaos come to the front and center because they don't rely on numbers, but rather strategy? Are there a lot of situations where people are thinking 'I wish we had a _____ on the team' that I should build towards?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

FutureCop posted:

Ugh, pretty much the same. The one time I go into a mission solo with a new low-level warframe and guns to test them out, that's when he decides to pop up. Then the very next day he pops up during a high level defense wave when everyone else has disconnected. I'm never going to get my hands on that Dread...(I'm not even going to go into the amount of resources wasted on bolt releases...)

Moving on, does anyone have some advice/tips on what to be focusing on for moving on up to higher-level play? I'm starting to get into the stage where I'd like to use some of these potatoes I've saved from alerts and go into the void, but I wanna make sure they are used in the right place. I'm imagining that some of the flashier warframe abilities like Oberon's Reckoning hit a wall because of the limit of raw damage numbers and instead utility abilities like Loki's decoy and Nyx's chaos come to the front and center because they don't rely on numbers, but rather strategy? Are there a lot of situations where people are thinking 'I wish we had a _____ on the team' that I should build towards?

The question of whether or not to potato something is really: Do I like Thing? If the answer is yes, potato Thing. Don't worry about being the top level perfect player.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

I love cats posted:

I guess Zephyr is good at something, after all. :colbert:

Are you referring to the ongoing Tethra event, or the mission nodes themselves?

I did fine soloing the interception missions with a lvl 20ish excalibur and lvl 20ish Lex and Strun. No potatoes (mostly common and uncommon mods).

My strategy was to cap at least two points and then rush at known spawn points and blast them to poo poo. Slash dash while reloading. I used Lex to take out leaders from afar.

The Tethra interception is hosed. Even mid tier publords suck dick there and hate to focus fire and hold position for poo poo. The objectives are further apart, so camping/running from one mob spawn to the other can't be done solo.

I finished Tethra interception on Friday evening (with a non-potato Rhino with Strun). I guess it is when all the vets were playing. It was a breeze.

I tried it again yesterday (Monday) with a lvl 15ish Ember, then a lvl 20 Loki, then Nyx, armed with lvl 20ish Paris and/or Phage (all were potatoed) and I was the only one who managed to hold 1-2 of those radio things. The other 3 players were busy reviving each other and collecting poo poo. After three failed missions, I said gently caress it.

I am a horrible noob and I do not have any awesome warframes or weapons and I did not find interception mission nodes particularly difficult. I suspect these people are mentally challenged and can't figure out a basic strategy to beat this game mode.

If you see me online (HansJurgen), hit me up, and I will help you with your missions. I am leveling up a bunch of warframes, and playing solo (I do not trust pubbies in my games) tends to get boring and lonely fast.

It is very important to note for the multiple people who decided to just say "Interceptions? Those were easy when I did them" in clan chat last night that they were horribly overbuffed last week in a hotfix due to complaints that they were too easy. I am rocking about 600 shields and 300-400 health on my Volt and later groups can and kill kill me in about 2 seconds. It is not infrequent that I will be down, have someone revive me, and then I will be down again before the animation for my ultimate can even finish. By that point in the map I generally don't bother trying to revive anyone, as they will be dead again in 5 seconds and probably me too, although I can keep myself alive for the time I'm reviving them by completely surrounding myself in electric shields to hold back some of the fire while I am reviving. From what I've heard it used to be that you could go for several minutes without any enemies at a given node previously, but that doesn't happen from about midway through the mission now on, the enemy just keeps flowing in, eventually getting to the point where there will be several leaders and a whole pile of heavies in each group. 2 Ice leaders by themselves can kill me in no time flat.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Shine posted:

I'm not in the clan, but anybody who wants some Rhino or Loki help in a squad can friend me (TheShineNSB).

They buffed Rhino overall, try Stomp, it does actual damage now. If you don't have a clan, fill out the form in the OP so you can bug other goons for the multishot mods you need and other stuff. Like crushing the event.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

FutureCop posted:

Rhino and Nova are the top tier frames for super high level stuff. Rhino's Iron Skin keeps him pretty invincible and Stomp and Roar are both good, while Nova has Molecular Prime (best damage dealing ability in the game, plus slows) and two other useful powers. Aside from that, frames like Nyx (for Chaos), Frost (for Snow Globe), and Banshee (for Sonar) are also pretty useful.

That said, the only way to get to that super high level content is to do stuff like 30+ wave defense or hour long survival missions, which you don't ever need to do. Pretty much any frame will do just fine for all the low level content (everyone on the star chart, plus T1 and T2 keys) and with a potato and a good potato'd weapon you're just fine for mid tier (Nightmare Alerts, 30-40 minute T3 Survivals and a few dozen waves of defense), and that literally gives you anything you need in the game. There's literally no reason (at least, as of right now) to do the real high level content.

Edit: Also everyone should get a Rhino ASAP, if you don't already have it. Iron Skin means you can survive any mission without a problem, which is very useful for Nightmare alerts with no shields.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Khisanth Magus posted:

It is very important to note for the multiple people who decided to just say "Interceptions? Those were easy when I did them" in clan chat last night that they were horribly overbuffed last week in a hotfix due to complaints that they were too easy. I am rocking about 600 shields and 300-400 health on my Volt and later groups can and kill kill me in about 2 seconds. It is not infrequent that I will be down, have someone revive me, and then I will be down again before the animation for my ultimate can even finish. By that point in the map I generally don't bother trying to revive anyone, as they will be dead again in 5 seconds and probably me too, although I can keep myself alive for the time I'm reviving them by completely surrounding myself in electric shields to hold back some of the fire while I am reviving. From what I've heard it used to be that you could go for several minutes without any enemies at a given node previously, but that doesn't happen from about midway through the mission now on, the enemy just keeps flowing in, eventually getting to the point where there will be several leaders and a whole pile of heavies in each group. 2 Ice leaders by themselves can kill me in no time flat.

I did not know they changed it. I was just now reading about it on the forums.

What were they thinking when they added that clusterfuck of overpowered mobs? It is a beginner area, and it wasn't that easy to begin with. Admittedly, first stage was easy if you weren't screwing around, but if you wanted to stay for additional stages, it got a whole level of tough.

Why change something that worked? Unless, an idiot at DE decided it would be a good idea to make happy this a couple of sperglords who go apeshit whenever they are required to be patient through 2-3 easy waves to get to the harder ones. Because they want to have fun, mind you, especially if that means to gently caress everybody else.

I hope this was caused by the event and it will go back to normal. Otherwise, I see it as bullshit meant to squeeze money from newcomers. There is the other variant, which is always bad news, that is the developers have no real game design plan and listen to every bored retard who vents on the forums over spilled milk.

I digress. I think can beat that poo poo with a Rhino Prime, Nyx or an Ember, with Boltor Prime, AKStileto, Jat or Galantine. I want to try to help you out if you still need it. I'll be in four hours from now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah I don't know what the gently caress. I mean it's fairly clear that the Tenno Design Council has basically no taste (what's up awful new Corpus sounds) but the devs are also making some bad choices.

loving grineer lights trying to give me a seizure or something

e: Also I guess the easiest way to handle the interceptions is to just have vauban coat the terminal in bouncy pads so enemies can't reach it.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 11, 2014

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Piell posted:

Rhino and Nova are the top tier frames for super high level stuff. Rhino's Iron Skin keeps him pretty invincible and Stomp and Roar are both good, while Nova has Molecular Prime (best damage dealing ability in the game, plus slows) and two other useful powers. Aside from that, frames like Nyx (for Chaos), Frost (for Snow Globe), and Banshee (for Sonar) are also pretty useful.

That said, the only way to get to that super high level content is to do stuff like 30+ wave defense or hour long survival missions, which you don't ever need to do. Pretty much any frame will do just fine for all the low level content (everyone on the star chart, plus T1 and T2 keys) and with a potato and a good potato'd weapon you're just fine for mid tier (Nightmare Alerts, 30-40 minute T3 Survivals and a few dozen waves of defense), and that literally gives you anything you need in the game. There's literally no reason (at least, as of right now) to do the real high level content.

Edit: Also everyone should get a Rhino ASAP, if you don't already have it. Iron Skin means you can survive any mission without a problem, which is very useful for Nightmare alerts with no shields.

Listen to this gentleman! I am a two week old player, and with Rhino armed with a Boltor (blueprint goes for a mere 15k and most resources needed are easy to get) I can deal with basically anything on the star map (including bosses).

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Yeah I don't know what the gently caress. I mean it's fairly clear that the Tenno Design Council has basically no taste (what's up awful new Corpus sounds) but the devs are also making some bad choices.

loving grineer lights trying to give me a seizure or something

The new Corpus voices are crap and sound like someone's tiny mouth was chocked with a stiff cock. Old voices were also poo poo but at least came a little closer to what could be qualified as sinister, having a bit of the combine feel to them.

Ember looks like a chicken.

And what the gently caress is up with the broken lights discharging electricity, often times enough to kill lower level/softer tenno. Not once, did I have to come back to revive some poor chap who was downed by one of those things.

You can shoot them, but their hitbox is dumb, and you need to spend 4 times as many shells to actually hit those damned things. Often times, they are so well hidden in the background, trying to spot them all is like playing a completely different game. Wardumb by dumb esses. What was the point for adding that poo poo anyway?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

I love cats posted:

I did not know they changed it. I was just now reading about it on the forums.

What were they thinking when they added that clusterfuck of overpowered mobs? It is a beginner area, and it wasn't that easy to begin with. Admittedly, first stage was easy if you weren't screwing around, but if you wanted to stay for additional stages, it got a whole level of tough.

Why change something that worked? Unless, an idiot at DE decided it would be a good idea to make happy this a couple of sperglords who go apeshit whenever they are required to be patient through 2-3 easy waves to get to the harder ones. Because they want to have fun, mind you, especially if that means to gently caress everybody else.

I hope this was caused by the event and it will go back to normal. Otherwise, I see it as bullshit meant to squeeze money from newcomers. There is the other variant, which is always bad news, that is the developers have no real game design plan and listen to every bored retard who vents on the forums over spilled milk.

I digress. I think can beat that poo poo with a Rhino Prime, Nyx or an Ember, with Boltor Prime, AKStileto, Jat or Galantine. I want to try to help you out if you still need it. I'll be in four hours from now.

Oh, and if you happen to get through wave 1 on an earth interception, never ever continue on unless you are high level players doing it, because apparently the enemy levels go from 15 to 25 between wave 1 and wave 2.

The greatest part of the broken lights is reports by people where the entire team was killed by a light while the level was loading in.

It is just getting more and more obvious that DE doesn't bother to test anything before including it into the game.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What's this about Grineer lights? Are they related to the Corpus camera-looking lasers I've seen recently above some doors, or are those something else entirely?

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
In my opinion it would be real nice if Corpus sounded similarly to the Combine.

Right now, they are just making monosilabic noises, unlike beings capable of communicating. Considering these are humanoid, they should sound like having something to say, be it garbled. The previous voices sounded better to me, because they resembled to something articulated.

The current ones are unarticuleted choke sounds, which makes them comical, and absolutely not scary. If the comical feel was what it was aimed for with this change, I understand, but it does not match with the lore, at all, as far as my personal opinions go.

This voice, garbled as it is, sounds articulated, assertive and sinister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lVdj70VSoY

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

hooah posted:

What's this about Grineer lights? Are they related to the Corpus camera-looking lasers I've seen recently above some doors, or are those something else entirely?

No, not that.

I am referring to the lightning bolts unleashed when you venture close to short circuited-like objects. If you scan them, the description lists broken lights. I am sorry if all this sounds dumb and makes no sense, but I can't find a way to meaningfully describes something that is fundamentally idiotic.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

I love cats posted:

No, not that.

I am referring to the lightning bolts unleashed when you venture close to short circuited-like objects. If you scan them, the description lists broken lights. I am sorry if all this sounds dumb and makes no sense, but I can't find a way to meaningfully describes something that is fundamentally idiotic.

Don't forget that the "broken lights" have FOF(Friend or Foe) systems installed so they only zap Tenno, not grineer soldiers.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

Don't forget that the "broken lights" have FOF(Friend or Foe) systems installed so they only zap Tenno, not grineer soldiers.

But the new grineer laser doors which do some damage AND drain all energy don't, so I've seen some low level missions have grineer walk through them and croak.

Where's our :DE: smiley?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Sounds like it sucks to not have Iron Skin on at all times. :smugdog:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Shine posted:

Or just get all Hysterical about it, and then it stops being a problem!

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Khisanth Magus posted:

It is contrived as gently caress. Whoever greenlit such an moronic, purposeless anti-game element should be fired. shot, revived and asked to run naked in Dayz with a rotten kiwi up his rear end.

Those who suffer from motion/photosensitive sickness have my sympathies.

Shine posted:

One floor bellow, some Loki guy is bleeding out after getting zapped by one of these things. He decided to smugly take the elevator down without me. I hauled Rhino rear end to get to him. He is down to 5 seconds.

gently caress this. lovely design gimmick. I shouldn't be playing along. I'll pretend I am Vor walking over that Grineer he electrocuted or whatever that yellow beam thing was.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 11, 2014

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I love cats posted:

It is contrived as gently caress. Whoever greenlit such an moronic, purposeless anti-game element should be fired. shot, revived and asked to run naked in Dayz with a rotten kiwi up his rear end.

Those who suffer from motion/photosensitive sickness have my sympathies.

So what you're saying is that it's pretty bad.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Shine posted:

So what you're saying is that it's pretty bad.

Using a lot more words than necessary, while excluding these particular, much better suited ones, yes. Which means I should calm down.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So I caved in and levelled up an Overextended mod, which gives +135% power range when combined with Stretch.

I've got Excalibur's Radial Blind up to a 50+ yard radius, more than 20 second duration, and costing only 36 energy. The end result is seemingly permanent room-wide crowd control, and it is loving fantastic. Next to try it on Nova for Molecular Prime.

I'm convinced Valkyr is the most broken frame in the game. When you're running around Warcried with a 90+% armor damage reduction and a Rage mod so you're guaranteed to have enough energy to cast a Hysteria which will heal you back to full... It's just great.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 11, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Chocobo posted:

I'm convinced Valkyr is the most broken frame in the game. When you're running around Warcried with a 90+% armor damage reduction and a Rage mod so you're guaranteed to have enough energy to cast a Hysteria which will heal you back to full... It's just great.

Small correction - she will be the most broken frame in the game once they fix her 100% garbage hysteria attack animations. I'm hoping with the melee animation overhaul that hysteria animations are included in the overhaul. Then she'll be a top tier damage dealer and as unkillable as Rhino.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Overextended is going to be terrible on Nova, because unless you're limiting yourself to strictly low-level poo poo, it's not going to do enough damage to set of explosion chains. Then you've got dudes left in all the nooks and crannies moving at half-speed and you get to go hunt them all down! Wheee! I guess it could work as crowd control for rushing non-exterminate missions, but for defenses and the like it's awful.

'Only' 36 energy is more than an ultimate costs when you have max power efficiency, so that's not very good for the energy. You could run max efficiency on Excal (I do) but you need to stack Continuity and Constitution to get your duration back up if you want to use Slash Dash, and that both requires forma and leaves you with few extra mod slots. Try Overextended on a max efficiency Loki instead, and spam Radial Disarm all day every day.

Valkyr has only one use, and that's spidermanning with Ripline. The dynamic you're talking about just makes Valkyr survivable while you're mucking about with Ripline, it doesn't make it any good. Being a melee ult, half my arsenal of main weapons can outdamage Hysteria just by shooting as normal while the poor Valkyr player is still trying to close with enemies; it's useful only for personal defense. You can get the same level of personal defense utility on Trinity or Rhino (or Mag or Oberon), while also having other skills that are actually useful- are you seeing why Valkyr gets so much derision, now?

Fake edit: Hysteria would be loads better if it still let you use your guns while it was up.

Man, I am such a downer today. :cripes:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Chocobo posted:

Overextended [...] Next to try it on Nova for Molecular Prime.

Slot Nova for maximum radius all day every day. Since M Prime causes chain reactions of murder explosions, it really doesn't matter (until enemy level 40+ anyway) whether it's causing them to take 140% or 300% damage. Everything in the room is going to die anyway; with more range, that just means more targets primed, which means more kills per cast assuming a decent enemy density.

Personally, I also run Intensify and Blind Rage (though I haven't maxed it yet), to get that damage back. Not really required for anything but deep survival or T3 stuff, but the frame has the room for all of that plus Flow and Streamline so I just leave it on.

e: ^^^ this post full of faulty reasoning reminds me that when you extend the range of M Prime, you also extend the range of the chain-murder-explosions. Since AoE damage like M Prime explosions seems to project through walls and other cover, this only serves to make it ever more effective.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 11, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Cathair posted:

Valkyr has only one use, and that's spidermanning with Ripline. The dynamic you're talking about just makes Valkyr survivable while you're mucking about with Ripline, it doesn't make it any good. Being a melee ult, half my arsenal of main weapons can outdamage Hysteria just by shooting as normal while the poor Valkyr player is still trying to close with enemies; it's useful only for personal defense. You can get the same level of personal defense utility on Trinity or Rhino (or Mag or Oberon), while also having other skills that are actually useful- are you seeing why Valkyr gets so much derision, now?

Fake edit: Hysteria would be loads better if it still let you use your guns while it was up.

Man, I am such a downer today. :cripes:

As I said, Hysteria will be better in melee 2.0. The melee hit counter, and *crosses fingers* better animations/combos could make it amazing. We'll see. That's kind of a big question mark for a frame that relies heavily on melee being amazing. Right now she is unkillable and entirely underwhelming.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
M Prime always causes enemies to take 200% more damage. Power strength affects the radial damage only, which is base 800 blast damage at max ability rank. You start cutting heavily into that with Overextended, and you don't have much left. You're basically screwing your fellow goons by taking a Nova with Overextended into anything 'serious' like long survivals, please don't do that.

Don't ever max Blind Rage unless you know what you're doing and are going for a gimmick 'big numbers for screenshots' build. For practicality, leave it at two pips and pair with maxed Streamline/Fleeting Expertise. The ratio of energy inefficiency to power gained on Blind Rage is actually really bad- a normal max efficiency build can easily crap out far more damage than a leveled up Blind Rage, because you're getting so much more damage for every point of energy. Spam away.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Cathair posted:

M Prime always causes enemies to take 200% more damage. Power strength affects the radial damage only, which is base 800 blast damage at max ability rank. You start cutting heavily into that with Overextended, and you don't have much left. You're basically screwing your fellow goons by taking a Nova with Overextended into anything 'serious' like long survivals, please don't do that.

Don't ever max Blind Rage unless you know what you're doing and are going for a gimmick 'big numbers for screenshots' build. For practicality, leave it at two pips and pair with maxed Streamline/Fleeting Expertise. The ratio of energy inefficiency to power gained on Blind Rage is actually really bad- a normal max efficiency build can easily crap out far more damage than a leveled up Blind Rage, because you're getting so much more damage for every point of energy. Spam away.

During most of those t3 mobdefs we did yesterday I was running max overextended/stretch on Nova. With maxed Blind Rage/Intensify. While for most frames it's true that efficiency is wholly better because you can spam your powers(saryn for example) better, Nova doesn't really get to stack damage by spam. She gets one cast, and everything takes whatever damage.

While max-damage primes still wiping mooks, it's better. When max damage primes no longer wipe mooks, max efficiency is better since the damage amp/slow effect are unaffected by mods. Whatever mission you're doing, the correct choice is the highest efficiency that still wipes mooks unless it's impossible to wipe mooks in which case ignore damage altogether and use the saved slots for more helpful mods.

Everything is gravy on top of a maxed out gun.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

MPrime is great yeah, but very little in this game currently matches/works well against high level enemies without a gun capable of making GBS threads out ~10k damage per click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Nah, it's not FOF, the "broken lights" only zap Tenno, even when the Tenno are siding with the Grineer against the Corpus overrunning the Grineer Galleon.

Clearly, it's a lore thing! Vor says Tenno are lightning rods, see? :suicide:

...I hate broken lights so much. Even though I main Rhino. Even though I've never taken enough damage from multiple hits to significantly ding the health on a Zephyr I was still leveling. My eyes do not need the level to be going FIRE IN THE DISCO all the time.
Broken lights are why I puff Ignis ahead of me constantly on Galleons now (it's straight back to :supaburn: before I even leave the room if I stop), and that's not enough since it doesn't cover every direction while the broken light lightning has inconsistent range. I've actually started within about ten feet of one, walked to the other side of the room to punch a Sawman, and got zapped there. No other broken lights in the room that I could find, even with scanner. I've been zapped on spawn in the dropdown starting room with no broken lights on scanner in the starting room or the room below.
They're not even lights all the time, I'm pretty sure it uses a list of level details that some other stuff has made it onto, like random lightless support columns , or an entire ceiling that zapped my Rhino several times within a second.
And I swear I once coptered up to the exit ship just to realize it was sparking purple and got hit in the face an instant before the extraction animation started. If I wasn't imagining things, that's some premium wagyu bullshit right there.

Khisanth Magus posted:

interception interception interception
Seriously, hitch a ride past Earth, not through every single point on it. Warframe's always had problems with new player gating, and until that changes (it's not), skipping around the entire solar system is normal and preferable.