Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Answered my question perfectly! Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Homing shots + max range + new mystery item (same one s the last gif)

Theres now a Rebirth blog too

http://bindingofisaac.com/

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
We've got a new soundtrack preview, guys!

New Womb boss theme. I was never really big on the old one, but this one is just intense as hell.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

The Bee posted:

We've got a new soundtrack preview, guys!

New Womb boss theme. I was never really big on the old one, but this one is just intense as hell.

This is so :black101: it hurts. Can't wait to be slammin' and jammin' Rebirth on my new Vita. Gonna make the bus commute much more tolerable.

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011
I really thought getting rid of Danny B would be kind of a letdown, but so far these songs are incredibly good. I really like that they're taking Isaac in a more intense direction. Also can't wait to hear how this stuff sounds when mixed with the "living lush world" theme as mentioned here.

That link also happens to have the other released song "Diptera Sonata" if you haven't heard it. That song is darker and more intense than any song in current Isaac and it's only the basic basement theme. Caves, Depths, Womb and Seoul are going to have to be incredible to keep up.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Holepunchio posted:

That link also happens to have the other released song "Diptera Sonata" if you haven't heard it. That song is darker and more intense than any song in current Isaac and it's only the basic basement theme. Caves, Depths, Womb and Seoul are going to have to be incredible to keep up.

Wouldn't Pyongyang be a more appropriate place to visit in BoI?

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011
Ahh gently caress, Sheol. Look how dumb I am. Even quoted it so I can't hide my shame, you monster.

Edit: This post if kind of a waste, so edmund blog

:siren:Doublin' Up on Music:siren:

Holepunchio fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 27, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Ventricide is a hardcore name.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Holepunchio posted:

Ahh gently caress, Sheol. Look how dumb I am. Even quoted it so I can't hide my shame, you monster.

Edit: This post if kind of a waste, so edmund blog

:siren:Doublin' Up on Music:siren:

But Wrath of the Lamb already has different music for "alt chapters", why would he think it'd be any different? :psyduck:

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
That latest track sample is really awesome---unless I've missed it, my only clutched-in-anticipation track as far as how it goes with the new music folks would be the Arena music, as that one was my absolute favorite that got stuck in my head for days at a time with the DannyB original score.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Petiso posted:

But Wrath of the Lamb already has different music for "alt chapters", why would he think it'd be any different? :psyduck:

I think he badly worded "new music for every floor variations"
And that's still badly worded "new music"

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Trying to finally beat Mom with Blue Baby, and what do I get first floor? Ipecac. Nearly kill myself a few times, but I make it through to the Necropolis, where I get an Angel Room, and the Bible. I Quickly run through the Womb, and Bible It Lives for my first successful Blue Baby Run.

Three and a half hearts probably isn't enough to get through the Cathedral, especially considering that I've never beaten Isaac before, no matter the character, but I decide to make an attempt anyways. And I loving pulled it off.

Don't think I'm good enough to ever pull it off again, but goddamn that was a good feeling. Now I just need to do it with all of the other characters.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
No, now you need to beat The Chest. :getin:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

After my Blue Baby run, I decide I'll go through once as Isaac, to see what the D6 can do. Uh, holy poo poo man, this thing is amazing.

Sacred Heart, Polyphemus, Infestation, and Transcendence. In one run. Did Isaac just decide that tonight I was going to just have the most luck I've ever had, or what?

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Did Isaac just decide that tonight I was going to just have the most luck I've ever had, or what?

When the game wants you to win, it really wants you to win.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Are they going to do a reprint of those Binding of Isaac Tarot Cards? The art on those looked cool as hell and I kinda want one of the decks. Sad I missed out on those.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

BlackFrost posted:

Are they going to do a reprint of those Binding of Isaac Tarot Cards? The art on those looked cool as hell and I kinda want one of the decks. Sad I missed out on those.

yeah, there's a second (non-limited) printing coming up with different box art.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
So I've still been looking for the last Angel Room items I need to complete the Collection. I found the Holy Grail the other day so now all I need now is the Dead Dove and the Sacred Heart. I've been following the advice you guys have given me such as feeding Devil Beggars and carrying a charged D6 into the Boss Room in case the Angel Room shows up. I've also been entering Treasure Rooms in hopes of grabbing up all the Angel Room items before I manage to find the room. The Scapular and the Guardian Angel are two Treasure Room items I usually hope to get as early as possible due to the Scapular's synergy with the Habit and the fact that most of the times that I've found the Guardian Angel in the Angel Room I couldn't re-roll it.

Happy Big Fun
Jul 23, 2004
Yay!
The way I found my last 2 angel room items was a full-on break with the D20. I just habit+D20 rolled a room and refilled my life with hearts until I got a joker card. Then, used the D6 on the chest items around the room until I got the deck of tarot cards (pill bottle or portable slot would have worked too). Used joker card to get to the angel room, used the tarot card deck to drop a card, then left and started the D20 process again for another joker. Then, carried my D20 with me back there and started re rolling that card.

Every golden chest item in the angel room is an angel item.

Probably easier to just take a few tries with the D6 on the single item in there, but I kept getting the same couple items repeatedly when I tried that in the past.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

BlackFrost posted:

I have one of the first-print sets and I can confirm that they're really loving cool.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Tyrone Rodriguez of Nicalis tweeted out this gif a couple days ago. A bit tough to see details because it looks like it was recorded off a computer monitor with a phone, but it's obvious the graphical style and animations have come a long way in the past 6 months or so.

https://vine.co/v/MqKKpiJPXrr

Edit: Actually, that looks like a Vita screen or even a mobile device???

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 11, 2014

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
New rebirth gif:

Edmund posted:

Spoon bender + Tech2 = badass.

all the laser type items are now totally dynamically generated… good times will be had.

Looks loving great. The artstyle looks so much better in motion.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, looking at that gif, I'm feeling a hell of a lot better about the art. I dunno how much of it is "seeing it in motion" and how much is "hey we've actually had time to polish it", but its starting to look really nice.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Brimstone+spoon bender

Let's go. :unsmigghh:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I'm sold. Can't wait.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
Welp, this can't come out soon enough.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Seeing it in motion just reinforced me already being convinced this would be a great upgrade over flash. It looks so smooth and detailed, and the massive expansion of item interactions and appearances just makes it even more appealing.

In the end, Isaac has always been about the most obscene combos you can visually and combatively manage.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

This game looks sooo much better in the 16 bit style versus crappy flash.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

This game looks sooo much better in the 16 bit style versus crappy flash.

I figured one thing that throws people off that's just hardcoded into us is that an 16-bit older look in stills means 16-bit quality, and we just forget the insane processing power and general sparkle and polish you can put on a 'retro' style for a game these days.

The flash look had its charm, but it still lacked a step of quality that made it feel just enough like something you'd play on Newgrounds after school instead of doing homework.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Fiend Computer posted:

Brimstone+spoon bender

oh my god it beeeends That is beautiful and I want it now. NOW.

That said I'm still not sold on the art style and I probably won't ever be, I am just really worn on the pixel art stuff but at least none of the Isaac charm is getting lost in transition. With that said, I'm still looking forward to Rebirth, has any release date been given yet?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I could see why they would need to change from flash.

The art-style didn't need the downgrade though. Still.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
IIRC Ed said the original art was extremely rushed and last-minute, and he was never happy with it, it just looked like generic flash graphics to me. The new style still has his art direction, it just looks cleaner to me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Motherfucker posted:

I could see why they would need to change from flash.

The art-style didn't need the downgrade though. Still.

The new artstyle has more effort put into it, is more detailed, and has more interesting visual effects than the old flash version. Dunno where you're getting "downgrade" from.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

oh my god it beeeends That is beautiful and I want it now. NOW.

That said I'm still not sold on the art style and I probably won't ever be, I am just really worn on the pixel art stuff but at least none of the Isaac charm is getting lost in transition. With that said, I'm still looking forward to Rebirth, has any release date been given yet?

No release date, and it's likely there never will be one. They still have a good chunk of development to go, so I wouldn't expect it too soon.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Fiend Computer posted:

Brimstone+spoon bender

This will be loving glorious, you guys. Ignore the naysayers!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It looks better in action than I originally thought of it so it won't actually impact me playing the game but I still don't like change :colbert:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Well there go my fears of them fixing things that seemed overpowered.
The enemies exploding into gore is pretty sweet too.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Carsius posted:

No release date, and it's likely there never will be one. They still have a good chunk of development to go, so I wouldn't expect it too soon.

Look at Mr. Happy here. News about the game is coming faster and faster, it'll be a few months at most.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Fiend Computer posted:

Brimstone+spoon bender

5 Greeds though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carsius
May 7, 2013

TheModernAmerican posted:

Look at Mr. Happy here. News about the game is coming faster and faster, it'll be a few months at most.

I certainly hope so. I'm just not getting my hopes up due to how many times it's already been pushed back. Anyway, I recall reading an announcement that they were just over halfway done at the beginning of the year.

• Locked thread