Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I only just now remembered I got this dark elf when Anissa Espinosa was doing emergency comissions:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

VanSandman posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to look for it, but I'm looking for some "lonely-out-in-space" tunes. The kind of thing that's mainly one instrument, maybe one person singing, very isolation-y sound. Any good recommendations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbhAf62wfgE - Journey of The Sorcerer - Eagles

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One last drow:

Wolery posted:

I'm looking for a picture of a sci-fi frontiersman or surveyor-type person. Male or female, doesn't matter.

There should be 6 images above this, not 1. I don't see them. Let me know if you do.

See also this post, this post, this post, this post this post, this post, this post, this post

Something Else posted:

Anybody got some real fat rich noble dudes, just unapologetically opulent? Bonus points for dark skin and scars...

Comedy Option:

I fail to see a problem.
Yes I have a problem :v:

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

VanSandman posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to look for it, but I'm looking for some "lonely-out-in-space" tunes. The kind of thing that's mainly one instrument, maybe one person singing, very isolation-y sound. Any good recommendations?

Lots of stuff from Cowboy Bebop might work. Is "Space Lion" too lush? You could also probably go with any of the Stella By Moor/Singing Sea variations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKnVaDwUg5s

And here is a medieval chant sung by a single person that sounds pretty otherworldly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WY_B806vTI

atomicgeek fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 9, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

VanSandman posted:

Pretty sure something on the Endless Space soundtrack will suffice. They're mostly pretty echo-y and slow.
http://gameaudiofactory.bandcamp.com/album/endless-space-soundtrack

atomicgeek posted:

And here is a medieval chant sung by a single person that sounds pretty otherworldly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WY_B806vTI

This reminded me of this song from the NGE soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cV77VN9A60
No I don't think it played anywhere in the show, but it's basically slow ethereal nonsense chanting for 5 minutes

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

VanSandman posted:

If you're in for more synthy stuff, basically everything from the EVE Online soundtrack is gold for this.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

VanSandman posted:

Search Youtube for "paul ruskay" and "homeworld".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y8Dhqi1YvY

All the lonely out-in-space-plus-optional-lone-voice stuff you could possibly want! :)

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

VanSandman posted:

I'm gonna throw in a recommendation for the DEFCON : Everybody Dies soundtrack.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/DEFCON+OST/6274555

FEAR

MADNESS

LOSS

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

frajaq posted:

I like the concept but would like some more variety in units for an upcoming Only War PbP game.

How's Q from Armed and Dangerous do you for?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
That's a lot of great stuff! Thanks, everyone!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Kerbtree posted:

How's Q from Armed and Dangerous do you for?

I'm sorry but this guy is too happy. Happiness is not allowed in the grim dark future of warhammer 40k :colbert: (I might use him as a Severan cyborg commander)

shoelace
Jul 25, 2013

Something Else posted:

Anybody got some real fat rich noble dudes, just unapologetically opulent? Bonus points for dark skin and scars...

Both from Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, which is a really pretty but little known JRPG for the GameCube.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I'm putting together a campaign for Shadowrun 3e that will have the runners eventually end up embroiled in a conflict between the New Revolution (an ultra-right-wing pan-nationalist movement that hopes to undo the Ghost Dance Rebellions, re-subjugate the Native American tribes, and reform the United States, with themselves in charge, of course), and a loose coalition of anarchist and communist militants, with the government and the megacorps in the middle generally mucking things up for both sides. If anyone's got some futuristic/cyberpunky Tea Party/American Revolution looking types or right-wing paramilitaries, preferably human or mostly human, those would rock. Also, anyone with a general punk-rock/stereotypical anarchist aesthetic, or a post-apocalyptic look with makeshift or kludged-together gear, whether human or from any of the various fantasy races.

Oh, and tiznaos. What's a tiznao, you ask? Behold a few examples:

You see, during the real-life Spanish Revolution in 1936, the anarchist militants didn't have any tanks, for obvious reasons. What they did have was widespread support among the automotive, machinists', metalworkers', and chemists' unions, as well as the labor movement in general, and a bunch of collectivized factories, plus shitloads of donated civilian cars. So they took those civilian cars, covered them in armor, and then strapped every loving gun they could find onto the things, creating an entire army's worth of badass-looking homebrew tanks, the tiznaos.

So, basically, post the pimpest battlewagons you got.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Mister Bates posted:

You see, during the real-life Spanish Revolution in 1936, the anarchist militants didn't have any tanks, for obvious reasons. What they did have was widespread support among the automotive, machinists', metalworkers', and chemists' unions, as well as the labor movement in general, and a bunch of collectivized factories, plus shitloads of donated civilian cars. So they took those civilian cars, covered them in armor, and then strapped every loving gun they could find onto the things, creating an entire army's worth of badass-looking homebrew tanks, the tiznaos.

So, basically, post the pimpest battlewagons you got.

Heh, the more things change the more things stay the same.
Here's some recent home made tanks used in Mexico.

I'm pretty sure Games Workshop sells a model of the last one.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
See also, Syria:

And on the inside:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure nobody can see some of the pictures in my other post so I'm reposting them via imgur.

]

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Could you please post your best 70s D&D pics? I'm talking like Erol Otus and David A. Trampier stuff.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Old school d&d
http://imgur.com/a/z3sLS/all

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Scanned this from the Dungeoneer's Survival Guide, I like the archer's hair

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

source for all of that and more

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tollymain posted:

holy poo poo

i think this might fit in with whoever was looking for last stands

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Captain Foo posted:

i think this might fit in with whoever was looking for last stands

I cannot imagine why you'd think that was her last one.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I have the feeling this is Tuesday for her.

Edit: Wait gently caress no she's having too much fun for Tuesday. It's gotta be the weekend :v:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Mors Rattus posted:

I cannot imagine why you'd think that was her last one.

No one said it was her last stand.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Anyone got the image of monsters playing a elfgaem that is people in an office or something equally mundane?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dunno about monsters but I have this:

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

I love how their minis are dudes in suits with laptops and the "dungeon" is full of cubicles and office furniture.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

St0rmD posted:

I love how their minis are dudes in suits with laptops and the "dungeon" is full of cubicles and office furniture.

What I wonder is if anyone has actually made a modern office RPG?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I've been LARPing that one for over twenty years and it sucks. :smith:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Man that would explain all the Nerf guns.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Salaryman: The Soul Crushening

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Salaryman: The Soul Crushening

Apartments and accountants

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 12, 2014

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Captain_Indigo posted:

Anyone got the image of monsters playing a elfgaem that is people in an office or something equally mundane?

Bonus:

All taken from rpzip's dropbox, I don't know the original sources unless they're in the images.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tollymain posted:

Can I get pictures of landscapes where the sky becomes an ocean? Like, a sea hanging over everything, if that makes sense. Bonus points: a mountain(s) or a tower(s) rising up into the sea.

Still hoping for some help with this.

Another mostly unrelated request: Muscular ghouls, any/no gender.

E: Not Fallout ghouls.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 12, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"Well! What is it?"

source

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

I swear there's a black and white version of this that was floating around the web several years ago, but I'll be damned if I can find it.