Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Tengames posted:

story quests are single player only, but re-do able, and you have to redo some once you've unlocked alternate endings to them.

Oh, that's lame. Are they strictly necessary in any manner, then? Having to break up my group to have everyone do a singleplayer quest sounds kinda lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Oh, that's lame. Are they strictly necessary in any manner, then? Having to break up my group to have everyone do a singleplayer quest sounds kinda lame.

Unless you're intent on playing through the story/matter board, they are completely not necessary to the core gameplay.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, story quests and the matterboard are only needed to get certain characters' partner cards and client orders, get items that are only available as matterboard rewards, or fulfill bingo requirements.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
unless you guys are only online at the exact same time I am sure you can sneak them in at some point when nobody is around/waiting for your whole group to get together

I am sure there are people who hit the level cap on multiple classes without touching matterboard 2

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

unless you guys are only online at the exact same time I am sure you can sneak them in at some point when nobody is around/waiting for your whole group to get together

I am sure there are people who hit the level cap on multiple classes without touching matterboard 2

this is a given if you have multiple characters, as going through the matterboard on every single one quickly turns into the most boring poo poo ever.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Which is why Sega keeps putting matterboard poo poo on bingo cards. :v:

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Are you implying that the PSO2 story is not a well-written and entirely original tale with compelling characters and plot developments? :colbert:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Captain Keene posted:

Are you implying that the PSO2 story is not a well-written and entirely original tale with compelling characters and plot developments? :colbert:

Lottie is such a wonderful and interesting character that sega had to incentivize you giving a poo poo about her client orders. Then had to do it again when the first time failed, and the 2nd time almost cost them full points on the web event :v:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tengames posted:

Lottie is such a wonderful and interesting character that sega had to incentivize you giving a poo poo about her client orders. Then had to do it again when the first time failed, and the 2nd time almost cost them full points on the web event :v:

this is why lottie turns evil in that EP2MB5 trailer from last week or so

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I don't mind Lottie, but she is kind of..bland. At least she's not Quna.

Anyway, hold onto your butts because 12-15* passes showed up in the player shop provisional search accidentally: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217817

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Uhhhhh Lottie calls you sempai so she is top shelf anime girl.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Io is the sempai one, hence why she got 1st in the popularity contest.

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008
To be fair, you're supposed to be Lottie's and Lubert's mentor like Zeno was to you.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Then why arent they the ones doing client orders for me? :colbert:

actual content: :siren:150% meseta/rare/rare enemy boost this week:siren: plus the 10%+ chance to grind/affixng.Nows the best week to grind and do extreme quests if you've been saving passes.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 12, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Tengames posted:

Io is the sempai one, hence why she got 1st in the popularity contest.

Io is also kind of a dick and says that Lottie is "pathetic".

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Io is also kind of a dick and says that Lottie is "pathetic".

Well is she wrong?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a lobby other than 20 where english speakers congregate? Because Jesus gently caress, the assortment of pedophiles and ERPer weeaboos in 20 would make starfleet dental collectively break out in hives. I would pay Sega good money just to give me a fire extinguisher that could be used in the lobby. There's a full-time game just in hosing down anyone who yells any variant of, "I am senpai's slave kawaii desu!"

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Valatar posted:

Is there a lobby other than 20 where english speakers congregate? Because Jesus gently caress, the assortment of pedophiles and ERPer weeaboos in 20 would make starfleet dental collectively break out in hives. I would pay Sega good money just to give me a fire extinguisher that could be used in the lobby. There's a full-time game just in hosing down anyone who yells any variant of, "I am senpai's slave kawaii desu!"

That is 90% of the English community right there.

Buckle in, it's going to be a wild ride.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

Valatar posted:

Typically if I'm playing PSO2, I'm usually partying with Dawnfire and Kirby, and usually we chill on any block between 11-16. When I'm not with them I just kinda solo on those blocks anyways.

Though typically any block thats near filled with english players tends to be almost as bad as 20 anyways. Dawn and Kirby can attest to the random gently caress-offs that spout the same poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

animaCartographer posted:

Dawn and Kirby can attest to the random gently caress-offs that spout the same poo poo.

Yeeeeeeeep. Basically just turn off local chat in Settings > Communication and breathe easier.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Lando has switched to having English and German for his autowords. Also, man, that guy was pretty rude to Sherlock asking about crafting.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There's also some poor pubby who runs around saying things like "Guns don't kill people, Visiphone Terminal, CASTs with guns kill people!" and "Oh Storage, I'm in trouble!" and "My archnemesis, Teleporter... we meet again!" but I just feel sorry for them more than anything.

:smith:

Also Mark Vega and his stupid mission start autoword in the lobby.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

English community chat that isn't just a series of obscene symbol arts? What?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

No, it's obscene symbol arts and stupid text.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

To be 100% fair, the team chat can get to some very, uh, strange places as well

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
But that's the same usual goon irony when it comes to that kind of stuff, although c-box was apparently a thing before I joined the team and he definitely wasn't ironic. :v:

More importantly, there will be nine base defense this week: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3221

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
8 am mountain this morning.. hmmm E: nevermind, 21:00 today, so that's 6 am :shepicide: E2: I am dumb, I was looking at the White Day event calendar.

Those times aren't too bad, for the most part. Does Japan not do DST or do they change at a different time?

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 12, 2014

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
So I'm patiently (foolishly?) waiting for a localized release, but one thing that bugged me when I played the game in its infancy was the severe lack of weapon options for classes, particularly rangers. It's kind of lame that you're stuck with gunslashes, rifles and launchers for the whole game unless you switch classes. I remember in PSO rangers could wield doublesabers and partisans, and of course mechguns. I'm not sure why mechguns are limited to gunners or why they're even a separate class instead of an extension of the ranger. Just a disappointing design decision for me I guess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, Ranger always gets shafted, but that's kinda what the subclassing system is for, I guess. Ranger is just the subclassiest class next to Force.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
There's plenty of options for weapon types, but you have to make a pretty sizable time investment to unlock the advance classes that can use them. They really ought to just be available from the beginning- they're not really better than the stating classes, just variants of them.

I wish the class system allowed for more freedom. It's way more rigid than it ought to be, I think.

edit: A western release might still be in the cards, but I wouldn't place any bets on when it might be released. Not even this year.

edit2: Just checked Relic's careers page, and it looks like that job posting for working on localizing a "current SEGA MMO" from a while ago got filled at some point.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 12, 2014

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Mewnie posted:

8 am mountain this morning.. hmmm E: nevermind, 21:00 today, so that's 6 am :shepicide: E2: I am dumb, I was looking at the White Day event calendar.

Those times aren't too bad, for the most part. Does Japan not do DST or do they change at a different time?

No daylight savings time here in GLORIOUS NIPPON, so yeah, the times will shift an hour to what they were before.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Chuckle posted:

No daylight savings time here in GLORIOUS NIPPON, so yeah, the times will shift an hour to what they were before.

To be fair, not doing DST is a pretty goddamn glorious thing.

My intake of coffee has tripled in the past few days.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if potentials that boost a single PA's power by 20% boost the total power or only add 20% to their power boost percentage?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

AIDA and friends are on-selling Webmoney now, for a few bucks cheaper than Play-Asia: http://arks-layer.com/webmoney.php

Personally, I'd spend the two or three bucks more and have the piece of mind that I was dealing with a generally trustworthy company and not a generally incompetent tinkerer (using the word programmer would be a stretch), but that's just me.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Please note that they're asking for gift payment instead of payment for goods; they literally charge more than most because they eat less fees. I'd definitely recommend eBay, Play-Asia or even CN-USA before them.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Eigo posted:

Please note that they're asking for gift payment instead of payment for goods; they literally charge more than most because they eat less fees. I'd definitely recommend eBay, Play-Asia or even CN-USA before them.

Agreed. The biggest issue with this is that you have zero buyer's protection when you send money as a gift. I'm not saying that Arks-Layer guys can't be trusted, but if something does go wrong, you'll want that Paypal protection. On top of that, there have been reports of Paypal cracking down on illicit sellers doing this and placing holds on their accounts as well as the accounts of the senders.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah there's also that. Basically, it's a bad idea, don't try this at home.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
I do a lot of business via PayPal, and they get really, really, really pissed if someone tries to circumvent paying fees. They will freeze accounts involved in suspicious transactions, and it's an enormous hassle to get everything straightened out. If you don't care about the possibility of may be losing access to your PayPal account for awhile, then knock yourself out. Otherwise, steer clear.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I fully await the trainwreck that will come from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avlein
Jun 13, 2011

It's no Guld Milla, but I'll take it.

(Dark element :suicide:)

• Locked thread