Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Denzine posted:

During most of those t3 mobdefs we did yesterday I was running max overextended/stretch on Nova. With maxed Blind Rage/Intensify. While for most frames it's true that efficiency is wholly better because you can spam your powers(saryn for example) better, Nova doesn't really get to stack damage by spam. She gets one cast, and everything takes whatever damage.

While max-damage primes still wiping mooks, it's better. When max damage primes no longer wipe mooks, max efficiency is better since the damage amp/slow effect are unaffected by mods. Whatever mission you're doing, the correct choice is the highest efficiency that still wipes mooks unless it's impossible to wipe mooks in which case ignore damage altogether and use the saved slots for more helpful mods.

Everything is gravy on top of a maxed out gun.

Hmm, that's true. All the frames I play the most either have spammable damage powers or powers that benefit from multiple deployments, so most of my being down on Blind Rage comes from that. I should try that Nova build sometime- Nova does have a huge power pool with Flow on, so energy use shouldn't be much of an issue, and Blind Rage does give more than enough oomph to counter Overextended.

Probably needs some forma to fit all that, but what the hell, Nova is the easiest frame to level.

Edit: tagging enemies behind things and having to hunt them down if they don't explode is still a concern, though. You'll never see this happening if enemy density is high enough, but there's many cases where it won't be. I used to run a low-leveled Overextended on Nova to try and speed up invasion missions, and ended up taking it off because it just led to an annoying number of stragglers.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

It is very important to note for the multiple people who decided to just say "Interceptions? Those were easy when I did them" in clan chat last night that they were horribly overbuffed last week in a hotfix due to complaints that they were too easy. I am rocking about 600 shields and 300-400 health on my Volt and later groups can and kill kill me in about 2 seconds. It is not infrequent that I will be down, have someone revive me, and then I will be down again before the animation for my ultimate can even finish. By that point in the map I generally don't bother trying to revive anyone, as they will be dead again in 5 seconds and probably me too, although I can keep myself alive for the time I'm reviving them by completely surrounding myself in electric shields to hold back some of the fire while I am reviving. From what I've heard it used to be that you could go for several minutes without any enemies at a given node previously, but that doesn't happen from about midway through the mission now on, the enemy just keeps flowing in, eventually getting to the point where there will be several leaders and a whole pile of heavies in each group. 2 Ice leaders by themselves can kill me in no time flat.

I wish I could defend this because it seemed like the interception levels would be doable for new players when I played them last week, but I haven't tried it since DE made them worse, and I'd totally believe without confirmation that they ruined it for everyone doing them for the first time.

I had a feeling when I saw those interception missions and leader enemies go in the game that they would end up loving with the new player experience, and it looks like that's exactly what happened. DE and all the loving tryhards on their forums seriously need to consider how the changes they want will affect everybody who isn't mastery rank 10+, furiously grinding exp on weapons they don't want to use or endlessly forma-ing other weapons just because they have nothing left to do (of course it's easy for them).

I haven't had a chance to play for a bit but what little I experienced of the new galleon hazards was awful. The Corpus laser walls are already incredibly pointless and mostly just serve to waste your time when the clown in the room in front of you inevitably decides to take a nap in front of a camera and never shoot it. Having doors that actually wipe all your energy is even worse, and one time the level geometry got in the way of the little button you shoot on top of the door, so I had to spend 30 seconds trying to find the perfect angle to shoot the drat thing.

And then those broken lights or whatever. I'm not even sure how to describe how incredibly stupid those are but the loving things were nearly instakilling me (with no warning whatsoever when they were about to go off) with over 300 shields and 300 health. I'm sure that'll be lots of fun for all the new players slogging through the flood of grineer galleon missions at the start of the game!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Fish Noise posted:

Seriously, hitch a ride past Earth, not through every single point on it. Warframe's always had problems with new player gating, and until that changes (it's not), skipping around the entire solar system is normal and preferable.

It would be nice if Luna was a planet branching off of Earth/Venus. It could drop Neural Sensors, maybe? There needs to be another place that drops those goddamn things.

Tazzypillar
Sep 16, 2011

The best guy.
Posting to provide a possible addition to the OP:

I don't know if they go by deathsnacks but it seems this person has a pretty great page for live tracking of invasions and alerts:
http://deathsnacks.com/wf/

More impressively, they have an android app. I am still testing it out but so far it seems to be much more customizable and efficient than the official app, hell you can wire it to notify you only for particular mods or blueprints coming on alerts or particular invasion rewards appearing

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deathsnacks.wardroid

I'm hoping it works as well as advertised, already this morning it alerted me to Blaze coming on an alert via phone notifications so i went and got that.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Warframe Utility is my preferred app-of-choice for warframe. It even has a foundry crafting notification system (buggy, and not in-game integrated) and a time wasting Cipher minigame! :toot:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Fish Noise posted:

Seriously, hitch a ride past Earth, not through every single point on it. Warframe's always had problems with new player gating, and until that changes (it's not), skipping around the entire solar system is normal and preferable.

It's stupid that this game is only really enjoyable when you play a meta version of it instead of doing what it directs you to do. :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I've had no problems progressing through missions once i got help getting past the roadblocks that were the 2 interception missions on earth. Nothing else has been a problem at all.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sputnik posted:

Warframe Utility is my preferred app-of-choice for warframe. It even has a foundry crafting notification system (buggy, and not in-game integrated) and a time wasting Cipher minigame! :toot:

I was going to ask what people thought of this. I've been using it now for a couple weeks after the official app's lovely redesign. I didn't know that the foundry bit was working at all now, that's cool.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
2 questions:

1: Does anybody know of a good warframe app on ios, or how to get push notifications to work with the official app?

2: How do I oberon?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

EroticBlacksmith posted:

2 questions:

1: Does anybody know of a good warframe app on ios, or how to get push notifications to work with the official app?

1: Don't know, sorry.

2: You get his parts from Vay Hek on Everest (on Earth). Unless you mean how to play him, in which case I found spamming his 2 at doors pretty good and his 4 when surrounded by enemies.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

EroticBlacksmith posted:

2 questions:

Slot power damage, range and efficiency and then slam everything all the time. Slot Equilibrium to get energy from the health orbs your dead foes spawn. If you're defending something toss up multiple Hallowed Grounds in the same place, their damage stacks. Smite is an alright nuke but slamming dudes should be your first priority. Heal your buddies whenever their health is low.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Slot power damage, range and efficiency and then slam everything all the time. Slot Equilibrium to get energy from the health orbs your dead foes spawn. If you're defending something toss up multiple Hallowed Grounds in the same place, their damage stacks. Smite is an alright nuke but slamming dudes should be your first priority. Heal your buddies whenever their health is low.

Minor caveat to the equilibrium build: Even if health orbs give you energy, you can still only pick them up when you're missing health.

The One True Oberon Build is to max intensify and blind rage, then press 1 for impromptu disco raves.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
I put in an app for the clan, I was wondering if you guys minded a friend of mine tagging along too. My group I play with as come to the realization that having a clan is necessary to access a lot of the game's content (also we really need a trading post to shuffle around void keys because of networking weirdness).

Also, quick gameplay question, what's the difference between the tiers of void keys? I tried looking but I just found guides on farming them.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cowwan posted:

I put in an app for the clan, I was wondering if you guys minded a friend of mine tagging along too. My group I play with as come to the realization that having a clan is necessary to access a lot of the game's content (also we really need a trading post to shuffle around void keys because of networking weirdness).

Also, quick gameplay question, what's the difference between the tiers of void keys? I tried looking but I just found guides on farming them.

Different loot and different level ranges for enemies. The breakdown is on the wiki somewhere, sorry I don't have a link though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Cowwan posted:

The difference is enemy level and different rewards.

e: beaten but I had the link so hah!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Denzine posted:

They buffed Rhino overall, try Stomp, it does actual damage now. If you don't have a clan, fill out the form in the OP so you can bug other goons for the multishot mods you need and other stuff. Like crushing the event.

Aight I applied. In the meantime I will smash things.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

bonzaisushi posted:

No loving way... Are you serious?!?!?! God dammit i am an idiot. I haad so many dupes i just sold off. GAH!

Yep welcome to my goddamn life too hahaha. That's why I keep pulling for that exact thing to be put into the OP. It's literally not intuitive at all or mentioned ANYWHERE at ANY point, so I'm pretty sure basically everyone sells off a ton of dupes for a while until they just stumble upon the reason they shouldn't.

Game's awesome as gently caress though isn't it :v: I'm in the goon clan now, but I dunno what I'm supposed to do now that I'm here

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...

MrTheDevious posted:

Yep welcome to my goddamn life too hahaha. That's why I keep pulling for that exact thing to be put into the OP. It's literally not intuitive at all or mentioned ANYWHERE at ANY point, so I'm pretty sure basically everyone sells off a ton of dupes for a while until they just stumble upon the reason they shouldn't.

Game's awesome as gently caress though isn't it :v: I'm in the goon clan now, but I dunno what I'm supposed to do now that I'm here

Im in the goon clan now as well... I have no idea what to do but the loving dojo is glorious, i've pretty much spent the last 30 minutes running around and hitting all the zen chime/bells.

If you need someone to run something with feel free to shoot me an invite!

Psn: OMGlysergic

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah I donated a ton of my plastids to the dragon turtles and roof dogs and someone else finished up the turtles so they're all building. Also the dragon turtles don't seem like they'll effectively block off that room so new clan members are probably gonna end up hopping over them to see what's behind that door :v:

I guess they'll help keep the rest of us headed towards the research rooms though.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...

Shugojin posted:

Yeah I donated a ton of my plastids to the dragon turtles and roof dogs and someone else finished up the turtles so they're all building. Also the dragon turtles don't seem like they'll effectively block off that room so new clan members are probably gonna end up hopping over them to see what's behind that door :v:

I guess they'll help keep the rest of us headed towards the research rooms though.

Ahhhhhh so you can donate materials to stuff other than the stuff in research rooms. Good to know!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, you need to activate the room terminal, click edit decoration, then click the one you want.

You also need to do this to place them. It makes decorating larger rooms... kind of a tedious nightmare because there is only one terminal so you have to run back and forth constantly.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

bonzaisushi posted:

Im in the goon clan now as well... I have no idea what to do but the loving dojo is glorious, i've pretty much spent the last 30 minutes running around and hitting all the zen chime/bells.

If you need someone to run something with feel free to shoot me an invite!

Psn: OMGlysergic

Dammit I just got more and more excited to finally have another clueless idiot to play with, then I saw the PSN at the end :(

Come back to glorious PC, sir :(

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 12, 2014

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby
Alright, I just put in an app for the clan. Only I accidentally put my SA username in as my In Game name too. Which its not. Should I put in another application right now or wait a few days. I've been playing for a few days and need some help getting past earth, got too excited about joining I guess.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mexicola posted:

Alright, I just put in an app for the clan. Only I accidentally put my SA username in as my In Game name too. Which its not. Should I put in another application right now or wait a few days.
Put in another applicaiton.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I'm sure this gets asked a million times, but I just got the 50% off plat bonus. Howe rare is the 75% comparatively, and how much is worth buying? I only have 1 potato across 5 frames and about 12 weapons, and my slots are pretty full. Like should I just buy 1k or do I want to push higher?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
1000 platinum comes out to 50 potatoes. More realistically, you can get maybe two dozen potatoes and put them in your most useful stuff/favorite stuff (relying on alerts/invasions/etc to get more), spend a couple hundred plat on slots, and still have enough left for a few color packs or other cosmetic items.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
The Moaing

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

asterioth posted:

The Moaing

Okay. What did you do to be sent to this layer of Tenno Hell?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Fish Noise posted:

Okay. What did you do to be sent to this layer of Tenno Hell?

Hacking Moa's. :science:

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Wow I can't believe I waited so many days before finally deciding to take the rank 8 test. I tried using nova with worm holes and found out they don't work in the test, so I ended up failing when I tried to do the test normally. I fixed up my loki with decoy, switch teleport, stretch and energy syphon for energy regen did the trick. Just had a decoy pop up on the sideways walls and swapped. Walked over to the platforms and jumped up under so my head would pop through the floor and on to the next till I completed. Thanks to BarkingSquirrel for the advice on that one. Now on to rank 9 since I have a full bar of xp already waiting since I waited so long to take rank 8. All this time I thought 8 would be so dreadful that I didn't want to try it out.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

And then those broken lights or whatever. I'm not even sure how to describe how incredibly stupid those are but the loving things were nearly instakilling me (with no warning whatsoever when they were about to go off) with over 300 shields and 300 health. I'm sure that'll be lots of fun for all the new players slogging through the flood of grineer galleon missions at the start of the game!

There was this meeting back at DE, during which a choice had to be made between adding a face texture to the heavy machine gunners and adding walls making GBS threads lightning bolts and shurikens. Everyone agreed that modeling faces is booooorrring.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I had a kind of goofy experience the other day, I was in the clan Dojo putting some credits into the research terminal and decided to pick up the Akstilleto blueprint. When I checked the Foundry I saw that I had everything I needed to make it except for a Forma, which made me think that it was just going to go onto my list of "things I could make but probably never get around to because I'm missing one hard to get piece." Then I logged in yesterday and got my daily bonus, which happened to be a Forma.

I'll also put in a dislike for Interception missions in general and specifically the ones on Earth. I really hate how unbalanced they are, especially how the Mobs don't actually have to go through the same capture process as the players.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I love cats posted:

There was this meeting back at DE, during which a choice had to be made between adding a face texture to the heavy machine gunners and adding walls making GBS threads lightning bolts and shurikens. Everyone agreed that modeling faces is booooorrring.

I loved getting one shotted trying to level my flappyframe due to those tiny loving camera things. This seems real loving dumb seeing as people had exactly the same problem with the old copus cameras which were also impossible to spot.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

My default loadout for any Grineer mission now is (any frame) + Ignis + (secondary to actually kill things).

Feather the Ignis as you're running through the level to kill all hidden traplike poo poo. As a bonus, it works great against low-medium level Grineer as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

smelly cabin filter posted:

I loved getting one shotted trying to level my flappyframe due to those tiny loving camera things. This seems real loving dumb seeing as people had exactly the same problem with the old copus cameras which were also impossible to spot.

I completely ignore cameras now and just slide trick my way through any laser doors they put up.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I applied to the guild this morning but I have no idea if I'll be able to play with people - about half the time I play the lag is a nightmare. It is kinda fun watching motionless enemies and seeing the entire room light up in explosions and numbers for a split second as another player murders them all.

Maybe once I get into doing Mars and other post-Earth missions with more than two players on the star map it'll match me with people I can play with.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

chrisoya posted:

I applied to the guild this morning but I have no idea if I'll be able to play with people - about half the time I play the lag is a nightmare. It is kinda fun watching motionless enemies and seeing the entire room light up in explosions and numbers for a split second as another player murders them all.

Maybe once I get into doing Mars and other post-Earth missions with more than two players on the star map it'll match me with people I can play with.

Have you changed your ping limit?

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

smelly cabin filter posted:

You can spot the laser trail 'sight' of the cameras, and also hear them in the background. I'm guessing you're going at lightspeed with Zephyr so avoiding the door lasers is a wee tricky. Taking your time til you can take the hit from them might be advised. I'm more annoyed with the broken lights which are even trickier to spot.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Changed it up, down, all over the place. I'm leaving it on 200 for now. Only sometimes happens though. I'm pretty sure some of the issues are bugs, not lag, like reaching a certain point on the map and being teleported back to 20' above the start, forever.

And interceptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

I completely ignore cameras now and just slide trick my way through any laser doors they put up.

Yeah pretty much, I remember dying several time when I was starting out due to the cameras :shobon:

Although we only had the corpus tileset then!