Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

escape artist posted:

What was it? I missed it.
I can't decide if this is funny or not :geno:

quote:

Alex: “No. What is islands. What does the I stand for?
Sufi: “Sorry!”
Alex: “Yeah. Well, don’t be. You should have taken just a moment longer.”
Sufi: “I apologize.”
Alex: “To yourself.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I will never get tired of seeing Ken Jennings on my television.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Well that was embarrassing for Jill

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I felt really bad for the second place guy. He knew exactly what he had to do at the end of Double Jeopardy and he was so close to getting within range and then he knew the Final Jeopardy question and Rutter didn't and I could just feel his pain.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
That was my first time watching Rutter in a non-Watson game. Holy god what a buzzsaw.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Well that was embarrassing for Jill

I felt bad for her, she got killed out there. Her daughter was in the audience and is going to be scared. In 15 years we will have a quiz show Batman.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

was Jill on more than just in the 90s? She said she was pregnant last time on the show and her kid is 10 now sooooo

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

was Jill on more than just in the 90s? She said she was pregnant last time on the show and her kid is 10 now sooooo
The decades don't quite line up. I think it is 84-93, 94-03, 04-13, but someone will probably correct me. It is basically ten years after the show started, in 10 year gaps.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Jill's original games were in 02.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Arthur's opponents tonight were complete clowns. Let me on the show already I'll do better than that

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Arthur nearly lost tonight with missing the Daily DOubles -- if the guy from Chicago catches up to him to have a chance in FJ, Arthur would have lost. Crazy.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Just got to LA, checked into my hotel room. Can't wait until I meet Alex tomorrow and hopefully get on camera, on my way to establishing a win streak lasting at least 5 episodes.

Checking over my emails from Jeopardy before I left a couple days ag,, I noticed that they actually gave me a tentative air date which I had somehow looked over. I'm slated to air sometime in the next to last week of June to July 4th...

Yeah, that's gonna be a really long wait... I'll keep you guys updated on here when I have more information. Wish me luck!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Bro for real I would stop posting about it now for propriety's sake.

Good luck!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

zakharov posted:

Bro for real I would stop posting about it now for propriety's sake.

Good luck!

Done and done. No more about this until I get back to New York and tell you guys when my episode airs.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

GhostStalker posted:

Just got to LA, checked into my hotel room. Can't wait until I meet Alex tomorrow and hopefully get on camera, on my way to establishing a win streak lasting at least 5 episodes.

Checking over my emails from Jeopardy before I left a couple days ag,, I noticed that they actually gave me a tentative air date which I had somehow looked over. I'm slated to air sometime in the next to last week of June to July 4th...

Yeah, that's gonna be a really long wait... I'll keep you guys updated on here when I have more information. Wish me luck!

If your episode might air July 4th you probably want to bone up on American history questions

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Good luck! Keep an eye out for celebrities when you go to lunch - I saw Owen Wilson and Stanley Tucci hanging out.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Passive aggressive Arthur is the best

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Ooh, what did he say this time?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They ruled against the way he said some guys name so for the next couple questions he over pronounces everything.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Ha.

Gotta show off the voiceover artist skills somehow.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

zVxTeflon posted:

They ruled against the way he said some guys name so for the next couple questions he over pronounces everything.

And a little later he argued with Alex about a pronunciation, and the question was even ruled in his favor!

I don't think I've ever seen a contestant argue with Alex like that before.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Arthur won me over today with his bickering with Trebek

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
A category in Double Jeopardy was "Album Covers" and all I could think of was that SNL Celebrity Jeopardy parody with "Anal Bum Cover"

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Riptor posted:

If your episode might air July 4th you probably want to bone up on American history questions

Nope, my episode airs on Wednesday, June 25. You guys will find out my real name and how I did then. Watch me then!

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...

Retail Slave posted:

A category in Double Jeopardy was "Album Covers" and all I could think of was that SNL Celebrity Jeopardy parody with "Anal Bum Cover"

We had Potent Potables, too.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Retail Slave posted:

And a little later he argued with Alex about a pronunciation, and the question was even ruled in his favor!

I don't think I've ever seen a contestant argue with Alex like that before.

He always argued like that every time I had a conversation with him, I guess it just took this long for him to argue with Trebek because of what a smooth operator Trebek is.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.

I actually shouted gently caress YES at the television when the Final Jeopardy responses were revealed.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
What happened?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Arthur Chu is no more.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I need to stop checking the thread as I'm watching the episodes.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Perfidus posted:

What happened?

I haven't seen the episode but honestly, what else could this have meant.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Arthur Chu is no more.

The Chu Chu train finally crashed.

His technique didn't bother me. His smugness did. From a Jeopardy! perspective, he was certainly one of the more notable contestants and I'm sure this isn't the last we'll hear from him.

Bulgaroktonos
Aug 24, 2010

by Lowtax

Goober Peas posted:

His technique didn't bother me. His smugness did.

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with the way he played the game. It's simply that he became more smug and insufferable as time went on. He got a figurative big head to match his literal one, arguing with Trebek, wasting time, etc.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Bulgaroktonos posted:

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with the way he played the game. It's simply that he became more smug and insufferable as time went on. He got a figurative big head to match his literal one, arguing with Trebek, wasting time, etc.

You'd have a different take if you followed him on Twitter! He's a funny fellow.

Also, RIP Arthur :(

See you in the tournament of champions dude.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Perfidus posted:

What happened?

Dude just got wrecked by another contestant using his own strategy against him, then he self imploded at final jeopardy. Walks away with ~300,000 overall.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im gonna miss that wrinkly collard bastard.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Pretty excited for synchronized swimmer girl's impending reign of terror.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Arthur Chu owns and I give zero fucks about jeopardy now

Lemme know when he's back for the tourney :mad:

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

FairGame posted:

Arthur Chu owns and I give zero fucks about jeopardy now

RIP King Arthur - Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Pretty excited for synchronized swimmer girl's impending reign of terror.

*(Zergs out the following episode)