Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

bonewitch posted:

They don't care about LP inflation, only isk inflation.

LP can't inflate anyway. All that happens when more LP enters the system is that more 'things' pop into existence from the store. And those things have to be traded for with isk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Would increasing the supply of intermediary items that are used to convert LP to ISK to the point of devaluing them be materially different than LP inflation?

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Retarded Goatee posted:

Reading through the reimbursement terms, would I really get a full 70m isk for loving around in a claw, trying to learn the ropes of solo PvP?

It sounds way too good to be true.

This is absolutely true (so long as your fit isn't ridiculous).

My fully fit/stocked taranis (bought in VFK) costs like 34 million isk. That means I can buy TWO NEW intys for every one I lose to the forces of elite pvp. I haven't taken the afktar outta the garage since this new reimbursement went into effect.

Also intys are so drat fun to fly. Being able to blind jump into any gates and just buzz off through bubbles while throwing up fingers in local owns.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

mikey posted:

Usually a massacre like B-R should invigorate the winning side and trigger a failure cascade on the losing side, but apparently in Russian Federation, defeated enemy vanquishes you!

How long until we have to grind the place out from under N3 N2 again, just so they don't get to keep it?
:cripes:

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

blowfish posted:

How long until we have to grind the place out from under N3 N2 again, just so they don't get to keep it?

It would be a mostly pointless endeavour if you couldn't get somebody competent to maintain it.

nintendo65
Oct 16, 2008

Two universes separated by a membrane! It causes gravity! I have a uni degree in SCIENCE!!1!
I know everyone hates miners but I'm new and need money so I've been mining ice in Dek while I train up my combat skills, only problem is I have no idea to whom I should sell or how to move it to a hub, so does anyone need like a billion isk worth of ice? Not like the kind in your freezer this is the premium stuff.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

nintendo65 posted:

I know everyone hates miners but I'm new and need money so I've been mining ice in Dek while I train up my combat skills, only problem is I have no idea to whom I should sell or how to move it to a hub, so does anyone need like a billion isk worth of ice? Not like the kind in your freezer this is the premium stuff.

We don't hate miners, we hate mining. Mining mechanics are built to be zero fun. There are plenty of goons who started off their ISK making with mining over the years.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

nintendo65 posted:

You might ask one of the transportation companies in S-Mart about moving it to a hub like VFK or QPO and then you can ship it to Jita? I figure they'll quote you a price, it might be outrageous but I bet you'll get a quote.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Virigoth posted:

You might ask one of the transportation companies in S-Mart about moving it to a hub like VFK or QPO and then you can ship it to Jita? I figure they'll quote you a price, it might be outrageous but I bet you'll get a quote.

Alternatively, talk to GSOL. They probably have a use for ice and would be able to transport it.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Voyager I posted:

Would increasing the supply of intermediary items that are used to convert LP to ISK to the point of devaluing them be materially different than LP inflation?

Yes, because only a small subset of items on the LP store actually require non-player created intermediary items. Implants require nothing but ISK and faction ammo requires a 1:1 exchange of the equivalent T1 ammo which is manufactured by players.

LP itself can never deflate or inflate because the amount of LP consumed in a store offer is fixed. The only thing that can change is the exchange rate to ISK. In order for LP inflation to occur, CCP would have to either manually adjust or introduce some sort of automated system that causes the LP cost of a store offer to fluctuate.

10,000 LP today will buy you the exact same items that 10,000 LP would have bought you five years ago, the only difference is the amount of isk that disappears in order to create the items.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 11, 2014

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nintendo65 posted:

Where is it right now - a refinery station or some other kind of station?

nintendo65
Oct 16, 2008

Two universes separated by a membrane! It causes gravity! I have a uni degree in SCIENCE!!1!

evilweasel posted:

Where is it right now - a refinery station or some other kind of station?

Right now its out in the rear end-end bat country of space, no refinery here.

I'm looking into getting a goon with a jump-freighter to haul it to Jita, I was just hoping someone posting here might need it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nintendo65 posted:

Right now its out in the rear end-end bat country of space, no refinery here.

I'm looking into getting a goon with a jump-freighter to haul it to Jita, I was just hoping someone posting here might need it.

Well, WHERE you are is sort of important. My guess is 0-2, in which case what you probably want to do is get it moved to a refinery (like 3jn next door) and refined in dek, and then export the isotopes and LO. It's generally a really bad idea to export uncompressed ice - if you want to export you have to compress with a rorq.

Also, how much ice are we talking about and what kind?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

blowfish posted:

Then we give it to BNI with the caveat that they drop TEST.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

If you're in O-2, you can use the jump bridge to 5S-, which is a refinery as well. However, you'll probably want to bring the refined ice back to O-2.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Vatek posted:

10,000 LP today will buy you the exact same items that 10,000 LP would have bought you five years ago, the only difference is the amount of isk that disappears in order to create the items.

Isn't it the isk that you get from selling the items? Or do I have it wrong?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Kheldragar posted:

Isn't it the isk that you get from selling the items? Or do I have it wrong?

You have to pay ISK (and sometimes intermediary items) to the LP store in order to get the items.

A +3 attribute implant, for example, requires 5250 LP and 5,250,000 ISK. Both of these costs are fixed unless CCP manually adjusts them.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 11, 2014

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PROVI just took out three HERO capitals.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=22404049

Rumor is TEST refused to unify comms with the rest of HERO and were tackled for half an hour.

More of the capitals on field are about to drop as well allegedly.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Vatek posted:

You have to pay ISK (and sometimes intermediary items) to the LP store in order to get the items.

A +3 attribute implant, for example, requires 5250 LP and 5,250,000 ISK. Both of these costs are fixed unless CCP manually adjusts them.

Yes, but isn't the isk that you paid 5 years ago for said items (When using LP that makes the isk sink) the same as it is now - the only difference being what you can sell it for on the market?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Kheldragar posted:

Yes, but isn't the isk that you paid 5 years ago for said items (When using LP that makes the isk sink) the same as it is now - the only difference being what you can sell it for on the market?

Only for items that require nothing but ISK as a trade.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Uba Stij posted:

Rumor is TEST refused to unify comms with the rest of HERO and were tackled for half an hour.

What a shitshow - it's been said before but I feel for the BNI dudes who got sucked in to something they didn't want to do. I have no problem contributing to the more boring aspects of sov (sitting on a Titan for a few hours) in CFC as well as a noob can because the corp/alliance offers a great support network and environment. If I has to do that poo poo in the name of TEST or something in a group that doesn't even have enough cohesion to sort out comms, it would probably be a whole different story.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 11, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Uba Stij posted:

Rumor is TEST refused to unify comms with the rest of HERO

Please let this be the result of TEST getting pissy over BNI's comms rules.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

JohnSherman posted:

Please let this be the result of TEST getting pissy over BNI's comms rules.

Apparently reddit says "test comms were down" which sounds like a great way to CYA after some big losses

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Uba Stij posted:

I count 4 carriers and 9 dreads.
http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=100843

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

e:f,b ^^^^ and we showed up late.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=24944

I think the real crime that occurred here was letting a Phoenix escape :colbert:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I can't wait for FREEDOM squad to deploy down there, will be a ton of fun. It's interesting that freedom squad is also jumping a bunch of ships for new guys to fly so they can come along as well.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Deofuta posted:

I think the real crime that occurred here was letting a Phoenix escape :colbert:

If you kill a phoenix it can rise from the wreck a real dread. If you let it live, the guy is still piloting a phoenix.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Deofuta posted:

The Phoenix is dead now :D

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=100846

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Uba Stij posted:

But TEST was proud to be banned from BNI comms for racism, because that's just their culture and

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
:golfclap:

pseudanonymous posted:

If you kill a phoenix it can rise from the wreck a real dread. If you let it live, the guy is still piloting a phoenix.

I dont know to be honest, if you purchase one phoenix perhaps you are willing to purchase another, or a whole cache :ohdear:

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Coffee. Cigarettes. Beer. Kimchi. Ingest.

twoot posted:

They lost the ihub in the new staging system they dropped last week after the RUS)) tengu/domi fleet warped onto the N2 fleet on gate at 0m. The Solar Staging also lost its ihub iirc.

Then -A- topped the night off by losing a titan in a lowsec belt because the pilot bought it on eve-o with their real character so all it took was locator agents.

hemophilia posted:

It's a shame that the even with largest supercap slaughter ever, billions in deadzoned assets, and thorough humiliation, the rusbloc still can't loving effectively deal with n3. It's probably a matter of time before Halloween war gains are totally undone and all those terrible alliances like -A- probably lose their sov. We should just redeploy down there and start conquering all the sov we can take without upsetting the PL agreement.

I know we don't want/need the space, it's not entirely practical, and lots of reasons why this is dumb, but I really don't want n3 to have anything, and that's where this is coming from.

Uba Stij posted:

Apparently one of the things that set Ghost Storm off, who is being implicated given the evidence seen thus far, was that -DD- had 60 people in fleet one a weekend during their prime time. They had 3000 people or so just in -DD-, not including anything from Hand of Despair their renter alliance.

The CEO of .HD.'s executor corp is the alt of a guy in one of the corporations who are, allegedly, not forming under the Darkness of Despair/Hand of Despair banner anymore as well. If that alliance goes, that's another 30 stations across 101 systems up for grabs potentially.

Holy loving poo poo. When I said I hope RUS continue to suck so that we can come back, I didn't mean for them to roll over and die! What the hell? *sigh* Maybe we should just let them die, you know, like putting them out of their misery. I know that will never happen, we would never allow N3/PL to take that much without CFC intervention, but letting the RUS implode all over itself was the thought running through my head as I was reading.:downsgun:

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Finagle posted:

I'm still sad. Several years ago a friend gave me his stuff when he was quitting the game. Among the things he had? Concord dog tags. I wish I had held on to those now.

Can't you get CONCORD dog tags running pirate missions? I got some "CONCORD Soldier Emblems" running a pair of lvl1 Angel missions back in G-0.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Does this mean we can go back to being friends with legion of death? Say what you will about their name at least they have proven that they can hold sov for at least one month.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Kjep64 posted:

Holy loving poo poo. When I said I hope RUS continue to suck so that we can come back, I didn't mean for them to roll over and die! What the hell? *sigh* Maybe we should just let them die, you know, like putting them out of their misery. I know that will never happen, we would never allow N3/PL to take that much without CFC intervention, but letting the RUS implode all over itself was the thought running through my head as I was reading.:downsgun:

We are literally BOB, renters and propping up pets and all.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Uba Stij posted:

Rumor is TEST refused to unify comms with the rest of HERO

Now let's see them claim ironic racism doesn't hurt anyone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, guess who just realized they forgot to apply their queue changes and haven't been training anything for two days? :suicide:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The Leper Colon V posted:

So, guess who just realized they forgot to apply their queue changes and haven't been training anything for two days? :suicide:

Get Evemon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I have it! It's the only reason I noticed at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Leper Colon V posted:

Imagine forgetting Battleships V before vacation.

• Locked thread