Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

There be corundium up in them thar asteroids!!!

## Vote New Byzantines

## Vote Phanariotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Raserys posted:

After all, my grandfather, the first senator in our family always said the truth was in the middle!

...Or was it in Rome? I don't remember. Oh no, I've messed up already...

Relax, fellow sir, and pay no mind to the sir from Unitas. He does not get invited to parties for a reason, I'm afraid.

I believe you will find that it is very hard indeed to dishonor yourself in the Koumenian Senate. There is a reason that the Senate has an official non-voting Senate chair for a representative of the canine community to the Empire. Greetings, Gentle Senator Scruffles XVII! How do you find the day?

Yes, I'm having trouble adjusting to the menagerie myself. Would you care for a cup of chai?

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

##Vote New Byzantines

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

##Vote Hellenistic Restoration

##Vote Phanariotes

Have we ever considered getting a faction up and running for the conversion to the original Hellenic faith? I mean we already have senators pining to throw down their lot with Muhammad, so why not?

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 11, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Have we ever considered getting a faction up and running for the conversion to the original Hellenic faith? I mean we already have senators pining to throw down their lot with Muhammad, so why not?

By the blessed Theotokos, no! We have enough problems as it is with the heathens and heretics without dredging the Pagans back from where Constantine buried them!

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
There aren't any living Hellenic characters to convert our heirs, anyway.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

##Vote Old Romans

##Vote Phanariotes

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

##Vote New Byzantines

Hostergaard
Sep 14, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Actually, I have been thinking about exactly that for a while, so why not now, now that you mention it.

Hellenistic Restoration

Hi people, we in the Hellenist party aren't that many right now or that well known but we got a lot of other things to make up for it. We are committed to philosophy and shagging thinks.

Yea, philosophy because ancient Greece is where did philosophy and science when everyone else was wacking each other with clubs. Thus we got a lot of influence from The Phanariotes, tough some of us take to the spartan creed and is inf favour of The New Marians and all that military poo poo.

And by us I currently mean me, as currently only active member in the faction.

As for shagging stuff, we are a pretty open about that stuff. The ancient greeks loved shagging stuff and so do we. I mean, our Zeus shagged women as swan, he won't judge whatever tickle your toga.

But here is our main selling point in two words; Sacred prostitution.

Being shagged is a sacred duty of our priestess, and guess who gets the temples in our religion? You think merchants are better vassals than douxes? Well, imagine them being replaced by nubile maidens whose faith dictates they need to shag you. Can it get any better?

Now functionally, this means we are proponents of having as many female tempel vasals while we are Hellenistic and encuraging our dear leader to get around as much as possible and make as many a children they can to marry of to important families where they can inherit stuff. Taking over the world one shag at the time.

Vote Hellenistic Restoration

- Because the world isn't gonna shag itself.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Hostergaard posted:

Actually, I have been thinking about exactly that for a while, so why not now, now that you mention it.

Hellenistic Restoration

Hi people, we in the Hellenist party aren't that many right now or that well known but we got a lot of other things to make up for it. We are committed to philosophy and shagging thinks.

Yea, philosophy because ancient Greece is where did philosophy and science when everyone else was wacking each other with clubs. Thus we got a lot of influence from The Phanariotes, tough some of us take to the spartan creed and is inf favour of The New Marians and all that military poo poo.

And by us I currently mean me, as currently only active member in the faction.

As for shagging stuff, we are a pretty open about that stuff. The ancient greeks loved shagging stuff and so do we. I mean, our Zeus shagged women as swan, he won't judge whatever tickle your toga.

But here is our main selling point in two words; Sacred prostitution.

Being shagged is a sacred duty of our priestess, and guess who gets the temples in our religion? You think merchants are better vassals than douxes? Well, imagine them being replaced by nubile maidens whose faith dictates they need to shag you. Can it get any better?

Now functionally, this means we are proponents of having as many female tempel vasals while we are Hellenistic and encuraging our dear leader to get around as much as possible and make as many a children they can to marry of to important families where they can inherit stuff. Taking over the world one shag at the time.

Vote Hellenistic Restoration

Steppes and Republics

I'm.... not sure how to respond to this.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Blackunknown posted:

Steppes and Republics

Not acknowledging it would be a start. Maybe if we just move on, it will end up being a fringe party that will just sit there on its own, occasionally producing an entertaining speech, but having no real power as far as legislation and planning goes.

I'd much rather those Centrists gain some more traction. That senator seems like a rather nice fellow.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

TheMcD posted:

Not acknowledging it would be a start. Maybe if we just move on, it will end up being a fringe party that will just sit there on its own, occasionally producing an entertaining speech, but having no real power as far as legislation and planning goes.

I'd much rather those Centrists gain some more traction. That senator seems like a rather nice fellow.

Steppes and Republics

Were... you... making a jab at my party? I mean we are not the biggest party but we bring prime issues to the table. But yes that Centrist fellow seems like a well enough sort. A little rough around the edges but he shows promise.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Blackunknown posted:

Steppes and Republics

Hmm...no, no I'm not incredibly drunk.

I'm not sure how to respond either. Are there even any Hellenistic peoples left in the world?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

This new "party" is an outrage! How can anyone as blessed as an Imperial Senator turn to such depravity?! I demand that they, along with those filthy moon-worshippers, be outlawed and executed for crimes against God! Throw those drat schismatics and loan-sharks in the fire too.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Blackunknown posted:

Steppes and Republics

Were... you... making a jab at my party? I mean we are not the biggest party but we bring prime issues to the table. But yes that Centrist fellow seems like a well enough sort. A little rough around the edges but he shows promise.

...maybe? It wasn't intended as such, at least. Was more guided along the lines of the "one-issue-parties", with issues such as "convert to Islam", "shagging" and "more alcohol" (which really seems to be a blanket issue for all the parties anyway). Shots at the Guiding Light with that statement were very much intended, shots at the Kommnenians and Loyalists not so much.

AMENDMENT: ^^^ Oh, right, couldn't forget about the one-issue-party of "man, gently caress everything that isn't Greek and Orthodox".

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

This new "party" is an outrage! How can anyone as blessed as an Imperial Senator turn to such depravity?! I demand that they, along with those filthy moon-worshippers, be outlawed and executed for crimes against God! Throw those drat schismatics and loan-sharks in the fire too.

Steppes and Republics

.......Why do we still allow you in the Senate hall again?

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

TheMcD posted:

...maybe? It wasn't intended as such, at least. Was more guided along the lines of the "one-issue-parties", with issues such as "convert to Islam", "shagging" and "more alcohol" (which really seems to be a blanket issue for all the parties anyway). Shots at the Guiding Light with that statement were very much intended, shots at the Kommnenians and Loyalists not so much.

Steppes and Republics

Ah well no harm done fellow senator.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Blackunknown posted:

Steppes and Republics

.......Why do we still allow you in the Senate hall again?

Why are you allowed in here, you steppe dog? My bloodline is ancient and pure! Your grandfather was a murdering raider, and now that your people have been given the chance to be uplifted what do you do? You exemplify all that the conquered shouldn't do! You continue to cling to your barbarous ways, and fake communion with the Orthodox faith! I have spoken with honest Roman merchants who have seen your sky-alters! What have steppe people ever done worth hearing about? What glorious tradition needs defending? We Romans have centuries of tradition that you could be a part of, if only you would reject your lesser and base ancestors!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Hostergaard posted:

Hellenistic Restoration

On one hand, you are a despicable heathen that should be run through with wooden spikes after being publically castrated or quitely removed, depending on how the general consensus goes at the next meet of, the senate of course.

On the other hand, I and the rest of the Komnenian faction are fond of shagging and while the Komneninan dynasty is Divinely Inspired, the idea of them being literal gods does have a certain appeal...

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Ahahahaha, I remember old Asklepios, now, there was a man who knew depravity. Remember when they tried to hush up where they found him when he died? I'm sure some of those "lads" still have some of the money they were paid off with, those that aren't in the ground that is. He was also rather fond of that old Hellenistic stuff, but then again we Komnenians have always been rather accepting of any odd folks, so long as they are loyal first and foremost the Komnenian dynasty.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Why are you allowed in here, you steppe dog? My bloodline is ancient and pure! Your grandfather was a murdering raider, and now that your people have been given the chance to be uplifted what do you do? You exemplify all that the conquered shouldn't do! You continue to cling to your barbarous ways, and fake communion with the Orthodox faith! I have spoken with honest Roman merchants who have seen your sky-alters! What have steppe people ever done worth hearing about? What glorious tradition needs defending? We Romans have centuries of tradition that you could be a part of, if only you would reject your lesser and base ancestors!

Steppes and Republics

Says the man whose party was called barbarians by our Glorious Empress.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

You will have your comeuppance when you reach the seven doors of Jahannam and pay for your sins eternally.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

Are there any Norse left? We may as well just start worshiping Odin if people are contemplating Zeus.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Lord Windy posted:

Are there any Norse left? We may as well just start worshiping Odin if people are contemplating Zeus.

Steppes and Republics

Their boat-making knowledge could come in hand when used in conjunction with Greek Fire.

ooc: I'm acutally surprised that no one has made a Varangian party yet. Or a Jewish party for that matter.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Blackunknown posted:

Steppes and Republics

The Empress saves face for the accursed New Byzantines. Did you notice who got Venice? Greek merchants, one of my nephews among them.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

As plainly ridiculous as this Hellenistic party is, there are still some triumphs of the age of antiquity that might be worthy of remembrance and perhaps even revival.

What I'm saying is that we should conquer Alexandria. Though the library may well be burned, it would be a perfect symbolic effort to demonstrate to all god fearing Christians that we are a nation of learning and refinement.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The Empress saves face for the accursed New Byzantines. Did you notice who got Venice? Greek merchants, one of my nephews among them.

Steppes and Republics

I take no issue with Greek merchants as I have previously stated. A merchant is a merchant. All gold is the same, no matter where it comes from. And I sincerly doubt the Empress would have to save face for any reason whatsoever.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Blackunknown posted:

Steppes and Republics

The People

I am no party. I am but one man who speaks for the people of our glorious empire. We're tired of fighting your silly wars. Tired of being forced to fight our brethren when one of the douchesdouxes decides to rise up against our Empress. We want our own representation, one free of silly factions and parties.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! END THE SENATE!

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Meinberg posted:

As plainly ridiculous as this Hellenistic party is, there are still some triumphs of the age of antiquity that might be worthy of remembrance and perhaps even revival.

What I'm saying is that we should conquer Alexandria. Though the library may well be burned, it would be a perfect symbolic effort to demonstrate to all god fearing Christians that we are a nation of learning and refinement.

Perhaps we should build a new Great Library in rememberance of the old Alexandrian one in Constantinople. We could stock it with many kinds of books bought from all over Europa and the East. I would gladly donate some of my Arabic and Steppe text to such a Library.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

JGBeagle posted:

The People

I am no party. I am but one man who speaks for the people of our glorious empire. We're tired of fighting your silly wars. Tired of being forced to fight our brethren when one of the douchesdouxes decides to rise up against our Empress. We want our own representation, one free of silly factions and parties.

Despite what that other fellow who apparently wants to bring back the pederasty and infightingglory of the Classical Greeks might wish, we do not live in ancient Athens and this is not a democracy. Furthermore, we already have one person who speaks for the people of our glorious empire: the Empress. You, sir, are not her.

Leave this place forthwith, or face the annoyance of Consul Scruffles.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Hostergaard posted:

Hellenistic Restoration

Wow, what a... Er... Unique idea! You know, my father always kept a statue of Athena in the center of our home, my grandfather always hated it, but I think it's very pretty! I'm sure you have some great plans for the future, and we in the Centrists will gladly work on compromises with you! Um, by we, I mean me.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

JGBeagle posted:

What's the point of abolishing a deliberative body that has no binding authority anyway? People wonder why my party just gets drunk and makes up lewd songs about ducks instead of proposing legislation, but it's just because we're the only ones who know the score. We exist, all of us, to make silly speeches and provide a rubber stamp for what the Empress is going to do anyway. No more, no less. You could round us all up and feed us to lions and the Imperial state would go on exactly as it had before, save for the fact that the Empress would get slightly less drunken fan mail (sorry again, Your Majesty, I've asked my servants to start hiding my pens). Now, if you rabble rousers were to challenge The Empress I'd oppose you with every fiber of my being, but the senate? Don't make me laugh.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

##Vote Guiding Light

The tutors my father hired have made some extremely convincing arguments I think my fellow senators should hear.....

The light Of God will shine upon the empress, Insh'allah!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

JGBeagle posted:

The People

I may be willing to form an alliance with you. By "people of the empire" you mean Greeks, yes?

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Raserys posted:

Wow, what a... Er... Unique idea! You know, my father always kept a statue of Athena in the center of our home, my grandfather always hated it, but I think it's very pretty! I'm sure you have some great plans for the future, and we in the Centrists will gladly work on compromises with you! Um, by we, I mean me.

Steppes and Republics

Ha!! Look at this boy, such an agreeable fellow. You have a bright future in the senate son.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Duckbag posted:

What's the point of abolishing a deliberative body that has no binding authority anyway? People wonder why my party just gets drunk and makes up lewd songs about ducks instead of proposing legislation, but it's just because we're the only ones who know the score. We exist, all of us, to make silly speeches and provide a rubber stamp for what the Empress is going to do anyway. No more, no less. You could round us all up and feed us to lions and the Imperial state would go on exactly as it had before, save for the fact that the Empress would get slightly less drunken fan mail (sorry again, Your Majesty, I've asked my servants to start hiding my pens). Now, if you rabble rousers were to challenge The Empress I'd oppose you with every fiber of my being, but the senate? Don't make me laugh.

The People

The Empress takes orders from you, not the people she actually governs. She gives power to people who want nothing more than her crown. Does the farmer want to rule the Empire? No, he just wants what's best for his crops. There are plenty of people in this Empire that are ignored just because they don't want to go fight the Turks for a bunch of useless land. Am I ever going to Bulgaria? No, because I have more pressing matters to attend to like what the people want.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I may be willing to form an alliance with you. By "people of the empire" you mean Greeks, yes?

Steppes and Republics

I believe you fail to understand his END THE SENATE! ideology, as you are of the Senate I doubt he would ally with you.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Blackunknown posted:

Steppes and Republics

I believe you fail to understand his END THE SENATE! ideology, as you are of the Senate I doubt he would ally with you.

Well, I am a person. I'm not really a fan of the current Senate anyway.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Blackunknown posted:

Steppes and Republics

Ha!! Look at this boy, such an agreeable fellow. You have a bright future in the senate son.

I'm a real senator! :swoon:

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Well, I am a person. I'm not really a fan of the current Senate anyway.

Steppes and Republics

(sighs) Dealing with you is more of a Headache then those Somalian Merchants. Ah that reminds me, senators of Guiding Light I recently came upon a box of... am I saying this right?.... Kow..rans?.. by trading with Somalian merchants. If you could take these to be handed out by those who would want these I'd be entirely grateful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I will not sit here and have the honour of one of the faithful besmirched in this hallowed chamber. How dare you impugn this senator's commitment to the true Orthodoxy? 'In him there is no Jew nor Greek, Slave nor free'! It was the true and inspired word when Paul wrote it to the Galatians, and it remains the true and inspired word today! The representative from Steppes and Republics has said and done nothing that could cast doubt upon his orthodox virtues, and I for one stand with him, and ask my fellow Milvians to do likewise. An attack on one Orthodox believer is an attack on all.

• Locked thread