Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I'm curious, is anyone here actually going to buy Inquisition new without getting a goon consensus/reliable review first?

This is Bioware's first biggy since DA2 and ME3 and those didn't exactly inspire faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Not me, but I think we already had one goon step forward and announce that he/she would pre-order or buy the game at launch.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

I'm curious, is anyone here actually going to buy Inquisition new without getting a goon consensus/reliable review first?

This is Bioware's first biggy since DA2 and ME3 and those didn't exactly inspire faith.
I probably will, but then I am one of those weirdoes that seem more able than average to overlook faults in a game, so long as most of it is enjoyable. I got annoyed with the ME3 ending, but the extended ending fixed all my major complaints, so my faith is perhaps less shaken than most too. DA2 wasn't a great game to me, but I don't regard it as the festering postule of puss the goon consensus seems to consider it to be.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm pretty excited for DAI, but I'll probably at least read some first impressions. I'm gonna get it anyway though, just might wait a bit if it doesn't turn out to be as good as it looks!

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Unless there's an astonishing preorder bonus I usually end up waiting a couple months for bug fixes and patches to come through anyway so probably nah. That said, I haven't had much reason to particularly doubt bioware myself; I think you should always do a little research on any product before you buy it after all.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'm going straight in there a launch too. I quite enjoyed DA2, and whether or not it's good, after all this furore, I need to at least know what they made as a response.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

I might. It depends entirely on how many other games I want to play come out around the same time.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

I might, if only because I played through the other two and feel committed to seeing it through. It all depends on what the game shapes up to be close to the release window.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vitamin P posted:

My faith in Bioware is still there, so I plan to get the game as soon as it comes out. I'll let you guys know what I think about it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

ElrondHubbard posted:

I might, if only because I played through the other two and feel committed to seeing it through. It all depends on what the game shapes up to be close to the release window.

I'm in this boat minus playing DA2. If it looks like it's following in DA2's footsteps closer to release, I'll pass. Mostly finally having playable Qunari, along with possible racist as hell dialog options like Origins' Elf PCs, has me interested.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

Yes :negative:

Even though I didnt like the ending to ME3 I still think its a great game otherwise, and for some reason I dont completely hate DA2 even though I recognize its not good.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Vitamin P posted:

I probably will- I don't hate DA2, and Bioware games are enjoyable for me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I might get Inquisition if the Keep thing seems cool and if I can get it for like $45 on launch from GMG or something.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I plan to preorder it because I'm terrible with my money.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

I won't buy. DA2: Adventure in Mud Mountain was awful and this will be too.

Will this game have a goony looking protagonist you're forced to play as, too?

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
Yes, because I enjoyed ME3 (except for the very end like so many others) and SWTOR. DA2 was bad and a chore to slog through at times though so they had better have upped their game.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Monohydrate posted:

Uh, you can completely customize the face, so sorry if you made it look too much like yourself I guess.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I never actually played DA2 and I'm craving some new DA after Baldur's Gate: EE and BG2:EE, so I'm actually cautiously optimistic. I'm going to wait for the first patch or two to hit before buying though, just to see what people think of it first.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Vitamin P posted:

I'll take a chance and pre-order this. DAI's development seems to have had a reasonable timeframe unlike DA2, and ME3 was a great game except for the last few minutes.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Monohydrate posted:

I'm sorry but if you think these look goony you're weird

Those textures are real bad though.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

I'm absolutely not fool me twice etc.

Plus, it's not like I'm going to be hurting for any type of RPG this coming fall (I think pillars of eternity is supposed to be coming by the end of the year). Now if I hear a bunch of good things then sure I'll pick it up eventually but I'm not holding my breath.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
After ME3 and its debacle I'm not buying anything Bioware related on launch. I believe there is a possibility that this game won't suck, but I'm not betting on it.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Dragon Age II is probably one of the most awful games I've played in a while, and I pretty much hated everything about it. Mass Effect 3 bored me to tears so I didn't even get to see the awful ending everyone was talking about.

But I'll probably be getting this at or near launch because few developers are doing quite the same mix of CYOA dialogue-based roleplaying + third person ARPG combat + collecting loot + talent systems + exploration.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Vitamin P posted:

Haven't seen what pre-order bonuses are being offered so haven't decided if I'll pre-order, but I will definately be getting it on release.

(Also I did the 'professional' VA recording over the weekend, and sent off my entry to the VA contest so wish me luck guys..)

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Leelee posted:

You are very right- I love when people switch the animations- like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rTum-rcpoY
Mrrrrowl

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Sarcastic rear end in a top hat Hawke is pretty great when the VA gives a poo poo. I legitimately laughed when I straight-up told a Templar dude to be on the look out for boneless women flopping around Kirkwall and he was loving appalled.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm sorry but if you think these look goony you're weird

Those textures are real bad though.

Wicked cool streak of poo poo across the nose.

Yeah, not goony at all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

First Bass posted:

Sarcastic rear end in a top hat Hawke is pretty great when the VA gives a poo poo. I legitimately laughed when I straight-up told a Templar dude to be on the look out for boneless women flopping around Kirkwall and he was loving appalled.

There are a few like this and its a bit poo poo they seem to be taking the joke response out. Being sarcastic at every possible opportunity when it was completely inappropriate was far more fun than the usual boring options. Its probably one of the reasons I like Alpha Protocol so much too because it was something different when choosing a dialogue option

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Jose posted:

There are a few like this and its a bit poo poo they seem to be taking the joke response out. Being sarcastic at every possible opportunity when it was completely inappropriate was far more fun than the usual boring options. Its probably one of the reasons I like Alpha Protocol so much too because it was something different when choosing a dialogue option

I thought they just renamed it the "clever" response. Hopefully characters will treat you with contempt and disgust whenever you try to be "clever" just like with DA2 and AP.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Dragon Age Keep betas were sent out today:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/12/dragon-age-keep-beta-invites-are-rolling-out-today/

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
What WAS the streak of dumb poo poo across Hawke's nose supposed to be, even!?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

^ Warpaint, likely. Or a bloody smear from a vanquished foe that was trying to hit you one last time in futility. Or Hawke's really bad at cleaning up after a poop.

Aaaaaaand the website to signup is basically 100% broken.

EA must actively search for the worst servers possible to host everything they have. Any game, any website, if it has EA written on it, you can guarantee it will die the moment something worthwhile updates on it.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I thought I had signed up before, but apparently it doesnt think so :v:

Birudojin
Oct 7, 2010

WHIRR CLANK
Serious post:
If you are still having server issues for the keep, let me know.
We had an issue with it, tied to old beta invites not showing as logged, but that should be fixed. Beyond that, if you're encountering errors with the site, we'd obviously like them fixed.

/working with the DA Keep team

KoB: Your old beta application is still logged- that bug is fixed now, although you might have to clear your browser cache.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yo gimme an invite

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Birudojin posted:

Serious post:
If you are still having server issues for the keep, let me know.
We had an issue with it, tied to old beta invites not showing as logged, but that should be fixed. Beyond that, if you're encountering errors with the site, we'd obviously like them fixed.

/working with the DA Keep team

KoB: Your old beta application is still logged- that bug is fixed now, although you might have to clear your browser cache.

I solved the problem by trying the website using IE.

I still cannot believe, in TYOOL 2014, that this is a thing that has to happen. I'm sure clearing the cache for Firefox would have worked, but this kind of thing shouldn't be necessary...

Isizzlehorn fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 13, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hm. I remember signing up for the beta but didn't get an invite. Ah well.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I'm still not clear why they won't import the saves from the previous games. For consoles I can understand they don't want to have to migrate from old-gen to next-gen, after all, they are a small developer with limited resources, but on PC I don't understand.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Furism posted:

I'm still not clear why they won't import the saves from the previous games. For consoles I can understand they don't want to have to migrate from old-gen to next-gen, after all, they are a small developer with limited resources, but on PC I don't understand.

Probably because they don't want to spend extra time developing an extra feature for one platform over the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Furism posted:

There are several bugs in the save export & import system for DA:O & DA2 that Bioware never fixed.

Edit:

DA Keep announcement posted:

An additional benefit offered by moving to the cloud is being able to fix issues in plot logic, which historically we have not been able to do because of client side complexity or platform holder limits. Under the hood, the Keep has a logic validator which ensures you’ll always have a valid world state free from errors and conflicts.
<snip>
As an example, an import from DAO to DA2 brought across something in the order of 600 different data points, most requiring complex logic solving to answer correctly the question of “how did the player settle this choice at the end of the game.” As a result, some current save imports are buggy, which is our fault, and something we’re committed to fixing. Permanently. The Keep allows us to do just that.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 13, 2014

• Locked thread