Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It looks like when Ferris Bueller jumps the fence to race his parents home at the end of the movie. Except he would make it a lot faster for sure. Definitely some trampoline action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wish they had gone with a brighter red.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

The way the colors look in those photos will not necessarily match the color in the final product. Post-production and all that technical stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's just jumping over that line of text.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It may look brighter when lit, or be color keyed in post. But it is a lovely shade of crimson.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just get used to drabber colors, I don't think there's a brightly colored hero on any screen anywhere.

There's also a finer line between cool and goofy with the bright colors, and you don't want goofy.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

zoux posted:

Just get used to drabber colors, I don't think there's a brightly colored hero on any screen anywhere.

Avengers Cap was pretty colorful. The new Spider-Man suit is dead-on perfect too

Some more clear shots, I don't care for the bolts on the front of the helmet or on the torso by the chest but overall it's pretty solid

Dacap fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 12, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

greatn posted:

She said one in particular had visited Earth before, and that the others hadn't, but I didn't catch the name of the one she said did. I don't think it was Kree.

Frost Giant.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dacap posted:

Avengers Cap was pretty colorful. The new Spider-Man suit is dead-on perfect too

Some more clear shots, I don't care for the bolts on the front of the helmet or on the torso by the chest but overall it's pretty solid

Already the biggest difference between Flash and Arrow, Flash is operating during the day in full costume.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

muscles like this? posted:

Already the biggest difference between Flash and Arrow, Flash is operating during the day in full costume.

Isn't that pretty true to the character though? My knowledge of Flash is pretty much limited to the JL/U cartoons but hasn't he always been more of a public facing hero who is beloved by the city?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

He's fast enough that being seen isn't really a big deal.

Dacap posted:

Isn't that pretty true to the character though? My knowledge of Flash is pretty much limited to the JL/U cartoons but hasn't he always been more of a public facing hero who is beloved by the city?

Yeah no one wants to build a museum dedicated to some guy who lurks in the shadows at night.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

More set photos.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

greatn posted:

So Shield was actually good with good plot moving along and a neat twist. Still a couple of incredibly dumb things(mainly that the villain could control men with voice, they knew this, and went in with zero countermeasures, and then didn't shoot her on sight).
And at the end they revealed that Loki is using the Asgardians to get former criminals in his army

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Krad posted:

So um

Barry, did you... step on something on your way to stop crime?

Doing a kickflip on an invisible skateboard is all.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

They also name dropped a bunch of alien races as Coulson asked Sif about any blue ones.

The full list is Interdites, Levians, Pheragots, Kree, Sarks, Centaurians and Frost Giants. Someone did their homework,the Sarks only ever appeared in an Adam Warlock story in one issue of Strange Tales way back in 1975.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not necessarily. Shooting day for night isn't uncommon. Arrow does it too.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Crosspost from the AOS thread:

Casting news:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/3/12/22144/exclusive_adrian_pasdar_to_play_glenn_talbot_on_marvels_agents_of_shield.

Interesting choice of character... Could possibly be revealing, especially considering that everyone has seemed to forget that a live action Hulk show was planned and then dropped around the same time news of AoS started popping up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Meh. It's neat that they're doing the logical thing of "We need an army/government agent type" and instead of using the random name generator, they pick names from the comics, but that's about all it is. I mean, Ruffalo ain't going to be in the show, and even if he was, they sure as hell don't have the crew or budget to make the Hulk look good.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
First image from the set of Constantine (Constantine's all the way on the right):

Nice to see them nail the look, at least.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

HorseRenoir posted:

First image from the set of Constantine (Constantine's all the way on the right):

Nice to see them nail the look, at least.

Not a brunette. Automatically ten thousand times better than the movie.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What channel is that going to be on? Looks great.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Kingtheninja posted:

What channel is that going to be on? Looks great.

NBC.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well I'll grant that he looks more like the character than a whole lot of other comics-related casting recently, including those from shows I actually like!

But then again, looking like Constantine's the easy part. Now comes the hard part. :ohdear:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While it was just voice acting he was pretty great as Edward Kenway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ruh roh.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

Ruh roh.

I don't see what other cable channel could do it better. I mean yeah, HBO would be great, but I'd rather NBC than CW

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
NBC has handled Grimm really well actually.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
NBC has Hannibal, so they have the ability to produce some genuinely amazing shows. I have hope for Constantine to be good.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Hannibal is easily one of the best shows on at the moment and Constantine has Neil Marshall behind it so at the very least the pilot should be great.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

His hair is poo poo, he hasn't shaved, he looks like he slept in those clothes and he seems to be somewhat hungover. Perfect.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Here's the ~promo~ picture of Constantine.

No complaints.

(Though he really should be smoking)

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Especially with all the smoke around him.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
He probably vapes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Waterhaul posted:

No complaints.

Notice how one hand is dark. It could be they are unsure if they can have him smoking at this point, so they are not showing the Silk Cut.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

No complaints.

Somebody posted earlier that the producers are/were negotiating with the network to let him smoke.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Waterhaul posted:

No complaints.

It's amusing that when I see this Constantine pics I think "man he dresses up like Castiel from Supernatural" knowing full well that Castiel's look was based completely on Constantine.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

It's amusing that when I see this Constantine pics I think "man he dresses up like Castiel from Supernatural" knowing full well that Castiel's look was based completely on Constantine.

I'm sure there will be a million tweets about how Constantine is a total ripoff of Castiel after it premieres.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A million tweets, by 15 different people.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And setting the over/under on death threats from Supernatural fangirls received by the dude playing John at 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

I'm sure there will be a million tweets about how Constantine is a total ripoff of Castiel after it premieres.

Screw that. A day after the pilot airs the internet will be flooded with millions (okay - hundreds.....dozens) of Castiel/Constantine slash fiction.