Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

yo the next warlock SUCKS, i'm gonna play vornheim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

dont play lofp or give money to zaks

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Gau posted:

Good job.

your approval means the world to me

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

dont play lofp or give money to zaks

realtalk i've seen one of the people that zak s orders around drink bacon grease out of a pan

he smelled exactly like someone who would drink bacon grease out of a pan

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Mike Mearls is a human being and should have been fired after he managed to create Pathfinder by proxy of being a huge failfag.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

LSTB posted:

Mike Mearls is a human being and should have been fired after he managed to create Pathfinder by being a huge failfag.

i don't know how he feels about gay sex or attractive men but i am pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with elfgames that aren't fatal

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

if mike mearls designed gay sex he would want it involve his 15-year-old self's hand bc it would have to feel like it did when he was in high school

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Come play Rogue Trader, some dudes level 1 first session ended with him battling on volcano against some demon dude over a planet which they just orbitally bombarded anyway. Its like dnd but without all the terrible but replaced with the 80s.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Cease to Hope posted:

i don't know how he feels about gay sex or attractive men but i am pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with elfgames that aren't fatal

It can also mean a bundle of sticks but it should be fairly clear, given the context, that I'm using the term pejoratively, not literally.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

LSTB posted:

It can also mean a bundle of sticks but it should be fairly clear, given the context, that I'm using the term pejoratively, not literally.

it should be fairly clear, given the context, that I am mocking you for same

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Cease to Hope posted:

it should be fairly clear, given the context, that I am mocking you for same

Considering there was no miscommunication, then, do you wish to actually discuss or defend Mike Mearls's many, many failings as a game designer and human being, or are you going to continue to make these grade school "no u" burns?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Fetch me a flagon of your finest mead... because I'm gonna need it to get through this bullshit.

Quote this post if you're interested in a "3.5 or earlier" gang tag.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

LSTB posted:

Considering there was no miscommunication, then, do you wish to actually discuss or defend Mike Mearls's many, many failings as a game designer and human being, or are you going to continue to make these grade school "no u" burns?

probably just childish burns. I identified 4e pretty quickly as not the sort of game I wanted to play, so I don't have any pent-up store of righteous anger to vent

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LSTB posted:

I'm fairly certain he's chiding you for your choice of insults. His, and my, issues with this are twofold:
a) homophobic slurs are not cool.
b) homosexuals have enough problems without being associated with Mike Mearles. That's just mean.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Well this is unexpected.

Is there a Next video game announced yet? because imagine the grognarding

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Ulta posted:

Well this is unexpected.

Is there a Next video game announced yet? because imagine the grognarding

Uh excuse me I think you'll find that Next is the video game given it's dumbed down for babbies approach to all the parts that aren't literally ripped from AD&D SHUT UP MOM I'M NOT GETTING OLD.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
it's a real shame so many of the tg goons aren't posting anymore, i thought you guys were cool guys but apparently not?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Quit while you're on top

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Quit while you're on top

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

stoutfish posted:

it's a real shame so many of the tg goons aren't posting anymore, i thought you guys were cool guys but apparently not?

Wait what I'm totally cool.

I'm just confused about how this thread turned from D&D Next and delicious recipes to failed Kickstarters and homophobic slurs for seemingly no goddamn reason.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GimpInBlack posted:

I'm just confused about how this thread turned from D&D Next and delicious recipes to failed Kickstarters and homophobic slurs for seemingly no goddamn reason.

The thread has been moved.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GimpInBlack posted:

Welcome to Demonius Darkblade's Retrogaming Dungeon, enjoy your stay.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

GimpInBlack posted:

welcome to ddrd where you can say bad words and not be punished in any shape or form

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
why do you guys have a 200 page thread about a game no one cares about? seems like a waste of energy at this point.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

stoutfish posted:

why do you guys have a 200 page thread about a game no one cares about? seems like a waste of energy at this point.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

stoutfish posted:

welcome to ddrd where you can say bad words and not be punished in any shape or form

half-hearted mockery notwithstanding

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Typical. I start using the bookmarks feature just in time to miss the joke. I guess I'm not so cool after all. Cue sad walking away music.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

stoutfish posted:

tradgames.txt

Meanwhile the Meikyuu thread just sits.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

kingcom posted:

Come play Rogue Trader, some dudes level 1 first session ended with him battling on volcano against some demon dude over a planet which they just orbitally bombarded anyway. Its like dnd but without all the terrible but replaced with the 80s.

oh and since this is my turf i can say battling a demon on a volcano and orbital bombing is just fluff, it has nothing to do with mechanics and doesn't explain the appeal of a system in anyway.

you fluff people.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
someone said in the shadowrun thread that they run shadowrun even though it's a bad system because of the setting.

as if it was impossible to divorce the setting from the mechanics.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Gau's the one that posted his dick in IRC, right? Nobody saw the money thing coming?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

stoutfish posted:

someone said in the shadowrun thread that they run shadowrun even though it's a bad system because of the setting.

as if it was impossible to divorce the setting from the mechanics.
if my race isn't an E priority and my resources aren't a D priority then what do things even MEAN anymore man

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

if my race isn't an E priority and my resources aren't a D priority then what do things even MEAN anymore man

What does having an Ares Predator do for me if it isn't in the book I have on the table in front of me

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Swagger Dagger posted:

What does having an Ares Predator do for me if it isn't in the book I have on the table in front of me
what can a red dragon do if it isn't told to me in terms of wizard spells

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

i actually kind of like the priority system and how money can be used similar to xp. but man shadowrun is a mess.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

stoutfish posted:

oh and since this is my turf i can say battling a demon on a volcano and orbital bombing is just fluff, it has nothing to do with mechanics and doesn't explain the appeal of a system in anyway.

you fluff people.

Nah theres totally rules for orbital bombardment. Rogue trader gets super mechanics heavy. Also I've been shitposting the NEXT thread for a long rear end time now. Your going have to step up your a game a little bit Mr swine.

Is E priority race like black people or something?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'm a ss rank shitposter and hero of fyad-lite, i think you don't know who you are messing with.

racial priority in shadowrun lets you get bonus special attributes which are different from normal attributes. some races are only available at a higher racial priority, while e just means you are a human with +1 to uh, idk how shadowrun actually works, it's real dumb.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

stoutfish posted:

i'm a ss rank shitposter and hero of fyad-lite, i think you don't know who you are messing with.

racial priority in shadowrun lets you get bonus special attributes which are different from normal attributes. some races are only available at a higher racial priority, while e just means you are a human with +1 to uh, idk how shadowrun actually works, it's real dumb.

Wait wait wait, hold on. In shadowrun some of the races are just rated higher than everyone else. Like theres a measurable system for telling which race is just worse than everyone else? I'm going A priority so i can be a white supremecist but be factually correct at the same time.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

LSTB posted:

Mike Mearls is a human being and should have been fired after he managed to create Pathfinder by proxy of being a huge failfag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

LSTB posted:

• Locked thread