Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

muscles like this? posted:

I completely ignore cameras now and just slide trick my way through any laser doors they put up.

Didn't they patch that out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
You can still get through, but you're probably going to take some damage and get knocked on your rear end anyway.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'll intentionally run into those if I'm playing Valkyr because gently caress shields I need to get my Rage going.

The hilarious thing is pubbies will, without fail, dogpile into the lasers with me.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

chrisoya posted:

Changed it up, down, all over the place. I'm leaving it on 200 for now. Only sometimes happens though. I'm pretty sure some of the issues are bugs, not lag, like reaching a certain point on the map and being teleported back to 20' above the start, forever.
There's really two kinds of lag sources that aren't related to the client: host machine is unable to handle hosting duties computationally and/or the connection is having high latency or packet loss that it causes sync problems. The problems you're having probably aren't issues with ping given you filtered out higher pings (I filter out 275+ and only every 10 games or so get really badly synced matches). I suspect somehow you're dropping packets to the host and that's causing your rubberbanding problems. Just to be sure, you can find out if it's your machine's problem if you run a solo game.

The netcode for the game has gotten significantly better than when we had to invite people we were inviting to squads to our friend lists (I dunno if that's superstition or something actually related to the real problem) but bad connections are just bad connections.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

If you slide and melee swing when you are about to cross the laser beams, you can still get through without taking damage.

If you just slide, you can still get through, but you will be knocked down and take some damage.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

necrobobsledder posted:

There's really two kinds of lag sources that aren't related to the client: host machine is unable to handle hosting duties computationally and/or the connection is having high latency or packet loss that it causes sync problems. The problems you're having probably aren't issues with ping given you filtered out higher pings (I filter out 275+ and only every 10 games or so get really badly synced matches). I suspect somehow you're dropping packets to the host and that's causing your rubberbanding problems. Just to be sure, you can find out if it's your machine's problem if you run a solo game.

The netcode for the game has gotten significantly better than when we had to invite people we were inviting to squads to our friend lists (I dunno if that's superstition or something actually related to the real problem) but bad connections are just bad connections.

That rubberbanding issue wasn't just me - another player was getting it at the same place, we chatted for a bit before giving up. Never had an issue with solo runs. As for the rest, it could be my connection. Probably is. The game is pretty fun when it's working well.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Inspector_666 posted:

Still works on PS4.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doji Sekushi posted:

Still works on PS4.

Yeah, I'm playing PS4 version where if you start a slide right before touching a laser door you just go right through it with no damage.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Whenever PS4 gets U12, a regular slide won't work anymore, for any door (corpus or grineer). Only if an ability carries you through (slash dash, rhino charge, etc) or if you slide-melee through will you be unaffected. Of course the grineer doors are worse since they don't knockdown, they just take all your loving energy and shields. And then an unseen light fixture zaps you and you die.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

DelphiAegis posted:

Whenever PS4 gets U12, a regular slide won't work anymore, for any door (corpus or grineer). Only if an ability carries you through (slash dash, rhino charge, etc) or if you slide-melee through will you be unaffected. Of course the grineer doors are worse since they don't knockdown, they just take all your loving energy and shields. And then an unseen light fixture zaps you and you die.

Nothing you can't fix with some extra revives. You did not need that platinum, anyway. :suicide:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You can dodge roll through the lasers and only take a little bit of damage to your shield and not get knocked down on PC too.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Play Rhino, ignore everything

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Piell posted:

Tap keybind for iron skin, hold shift+W while using the mouse to steer towards the extraction point. Well played! You have successfully mastered Rhino.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

I love cats posted:

Tap keybind for iron skin, hold shift+W. Well played! You have just experienced 99% of what Rhino has to offer.

Stomp accounts for way more than 1%.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Requesting pics of the Quantum Badge and Gorgon Wraith after rewards distribution, TIA

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

DelphiAegis posted:

We do have update 12. Sliding through laser doors remains unaffected. Maybe grineer doors will screw us once we get those.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
So Rhino Prime has a base speed of 1.0, that means with the speed hat Rhino Prime is tied with Loki for the fastest frame.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Male Man posted:

Stomp accounts for way more than 1%.

I rarely bother with that thing. That's almost four seconds I am not spending on wobbling about like a penguin towards extraction. :black101:

Maybe sometimes I need to cut a path to a tenno in need (of revival). Oftentimes, there's someone else to get there quicker and kill everyone in the process, anyway.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 12, 2014

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Stomp and Iron Skin is what makes Rhino so ridiculously powerful. Iron Skin is amazing and all but without Stomp Rhino is just a big dummy that can take a lot of punishment. That's really nothing special. Rhino with Stomp and the requisite mods is a gloriously golden god that lives forever and annihilates entire rooms full of enemies at a whim.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Roar. Why is everyone forgetting about Roar? Sure, I was also not too good at gauging when to use Roar when I was a newbie, but it's one of the best abilities out there. 50% increase to all damage, powers and guns and everything, across the whole team. Roar is what keeps your group going long after a survival has gotten to otherwise unplayable levels of bullet sponge enemies. Roar is what lets you chew through heavies like they were grunts.

Stomp is great crowd control and has very good range, much longer than most damaging ultimates, but don't overestimate it's damage-dealing ability. It doesn't do that much damage and can't be spammed, since enemies always hang in the air preventing a recast for nine seconds, regardless of your duration mods. At higher levels, it's just CC- unless you use Roar right before you cast it.

Roar does suffer from a max efficiency build, but you can stack duration mods against that, and be able to keep Roar up literally all the time. That's Rhino's true damage dealing ability.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
I prefer Rhino above all else when I team up for orokin missions. It is possibly the easiest frame to do well in (for a noob such as myself).

People also do not notice that I suck because a) most people expect Rhinos to lag behind and can't tell whether I am dumb and got lost b) his abilities don't come with neon colors and no one notices I suck at using them right.

Also, when I solo play with Rhino it is like setting the game difficulty to easy. To me, diamond skin is just a quicker way of typing in iddqd / buddha mode on. So I do just that, and shoot my guns all day, erry day until it says mission accomplished.

It is a very boring frame is what I am saying.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 12, 2014

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Cathair posted:

Roar. Why is everyone forgetting about Roar? Sure, I was also not too good at gauging when to use Roar when I was a newbie, but it's one of the best abilities out there. 50% increase to all damage, powers and guns and everything, across the whole team. Roar is what keeps your group going long after a survival has gotten to otherwise unplayable levels of bullet sponge enemies. Roar is what lets you chew through heavies like they were grunts.

Stomp is great crowd control and has very good range, much longer than most damaging ultimates, but don't overestimate it's damage-dealing ability. It doesn't do that much damage and can't be spammed, since enemies always hang in the air preventing a recast for nine seconds, regardless of your duration mods. At higher levels, it's just CC- unless you use Roar right before you cast it.

Roar does suffer from a max efficiency build, but you can stack duration mods against that, and be able to keep Roar up literally all the time. That's Rhino's true damage dealing ability.

I guess because Stomp and Iron Skin benefit from the same mods. Roar, as you say, is negatively affected by Fleeting Expertise. As for the former two if you buff one you get the other one for free. But yeah, Roar is pretty great. Rhino without Iron Skin or Rhino without Stomp would (arguably?) still be a top tier frame.

People like to put Rhino and Nova on top but as far as I am concerned Rhino occupies a tier all his own. He's ridiculously awesome.

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 12, 2014

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

I love cats posted:

rhino is boring

Duration-specced Zephyr is a nice change of pace to Rhino. Flighty, floaty, and you can still get immunity from projectiles for 45+ seconds for 53 energy. No Stomp/Roar, but you can zip around and line up shots on heavies with impunity as long as you keep the duration countdown in mind.

Downside is that you forget that other frames aren't permanently immune to bullets.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Just remember, even with max efficiency and no duration mods, you still get 7.5 seconds of Roar, which is plenty for popping it before a stomp. :black101:

Nova tops Rhino for certain situational tasks, but yeah, Rhino is the best all-round general use frame.

Also, the wiki says that Roar benefits from power strength, which must be a new change. If that's true, then Roar is even more awesome, since just the standard Intensify that everyone runs on damage-dealing frames will jack up your Roar to a 65% damage increase.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
After finally getting to Jupiter with help from goons I can finally start building the last rhino component and join everyone else at easy mode in a few days, yay. Granted I won't have the fancy mods to boost it, as my only power affecting mods are streamline and flow.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

Duration-specced Zephyr is a nice change of pace to Rhino. Flighty, floaty, and you can still get immunity from projectiles for 45+ seconds for 53 energy. No Stomp/Roar, but you can zip around and line up shots on heavies with impunity as long as you keep the duration countdown in mind.

Downside is that you forget that other frames aren't permanently immune to bullets.

I am currently grinding Zephyr. I've finished researching it this weekend. I like her agility very much.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Well, uh, this is awkward.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How much voltage are the grineer running through their drat halogen lamps anyway? They're pretty hardcore.

Khisanth Magus posted:

After finally getting to Jupiter with help from goons I can finally start building the last rhino component and join everyone else at easy mode in a few days, yay. Granted I won't have the fancy mods to boost it, as my only power affecting mods are streamline and flow.

You don't need too many mods for rhino to be totally overpowered compared to everything else at the same level, don't worry.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Did the rewards get handed out, or am I a crazy person?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
I really don't get why everyone likes Rhino so much. It felt so slow and boring using him. I get that Iron Skin is extremely effective, along with Stomp, but... it felt more like playing a vanilla FPS than space-ninja-simulator when playing Rhino.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Skandranon posted:

I really don't get why everyone likes Rhino so much. It felt so slow and boring using him. I get that Iron Skin is extremely effective, along with Stomp, but... it felt more like playing a vanilla FPS than space-ninja-simulator when playing Rhino.

I agree, and feel guilty about using it. I only really like to drag him out when I'm doing stuff solo.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Skandranon posted:

Get a Vanguard helmet.

Congrats, Rhino is now almost as fast as Loki in base speed.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Gestalt Intellect posted:

How much voltage are the grineer running through their drat halogen lamps anyway? They're pretty hardcore.

It's just standard future space tech á Star Trek.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

w00tmonger posted:

Did the rewards get handed out, or am I a crazy person?

I don't think that they're out yet, as far as I can tell.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Skandranon posted:

Because being a big, strong rear end in a top hat is fun.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Argas posted:

Get a Vanguard helmet.

Congrats, Rhino is now almost as fast as Loki in base speed.

This is when rhino begins to actually be a god.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

muscles like this? posted:

I'll also put in a dislike for Interception missions in general and specifically the ones on Earth. I really hate how unbalanced they are, especially how the Mobs don't actually have to go through the same capture process as the players.
The obvious and boring thing to do is let players take points through consoles. But I keep feeling that they should let you use a cipher on an already controlled point to put it in a timed lockout where the mobs just can't do poo poo to it, with total number of simultaneous lockouts possible dependent on how many players are in the game. This does nothing against Rhino domination of the mode, of course, but it might make it a little more tolerable for everyone else.

Piell posted:

These days I get bounced off laser doors because I forget I'm not playing Rhino sometimes. The entire time I was leveling Zephyr, I was starting missions by pressing 2 out of habit.

Shine posted:

Because being a big, strong rear end in a top hat is fun.
I found Shine's Rhino.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of Zephyr is Divebomb just really weak? Even modded for strength and radius it doesn't seem to do much damage to anything at all. I like the Frame but a good 2 skill would be nice.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Pierson posted:

Speaking of Zephyr is Divebomb just really weak? Even modded for strength and radius it doesn't seem to do much damage to anything at all. I like the Frame but a good 2 skill would be nice.
I think it's still bugged to have no radius because the AoE spawns under the ground or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Insert name here posted:

I think it's still bugged to have no radius because the AoE spawns under the ground or something.

No, that was fixed on day 2. It does damage and knockdown, it just isn't M. Prime grade damage.

It's still a useful skill to have, mainly for stopping your flight instantly and knocking down priority targets in a pinch.