Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Heavy Lobster posted:

the only real reason to dislike him is if you followed Morrowind before release and Todd "He Lied People Died" Howard talked up the Fargoth quest (and by extension the rest of Morrowind's quests) as much as he did Radiant AI, etc

oh my god Fargoth was in promotional material?

someone decided Fargoth should be in promotional material?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Right now im working on something that I think a lot of Skyrim fans especially want, Everyone loves their mods which put Morrowind into Oblivion, or Morrowind into Skyrim engine, but im going to do the reverse,Im putting Skyrim into Morrowind's game. Morrowind construction set wouldnt load skyrim.esp so I have to build it from the ground up. Talk to the dragonborn in suran he will take you to skyrim. here is a teaser screen shot

Looking great so far! How long before it's finished?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Penguingo posted:

I can imagine they probably talked up stuff like the choice whether or not to give him the ring, Arrille's disposition increase when you gave him the ring, the potential to take up the Nord dude on stalking him, the semi-clever stalking quest, and the advantages of not turning the stuff in to the Nord and keeping his loot for yourself. It's like the perfect example of a quest/quest chain designed to show off in previews as an example of how their cool new open world RPG is just bursting with choices and reactivity.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I know youre joking skyrimguy but there is a team working on skyrim. "Home of the nords" is what it's called, they have some dumb release of a forested village out

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Right now im working on something that I think a lot of Skyrim fans especially want, Everyone loves their mods which put Morrowind into Oblivion, or Morrowind into Skyrim engine, but im going to do the reverse,Im putting Skyrim into Morrowind's game. Morrowind construction set wouldnt load skyrim.esp so I have to build it from the ground up. Talk to the dragonborn in suran he will take you to skyrim. here is a teaser screen shot

Truly gods work

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Penguingo posted:

At least it wasn't Radiant AI levels of bullshit.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
alduin busts through the wall in the intro, startling you, a tiny paarthurnax, a tiny yagrum bagarn, and Cyrus from Redguard. fortunately, you punch him and the ending rolls

the tiny yagrum bagarn is riding the tiny paarthurnax as the first blighted dwarf cripple dragoon

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Heavy Lobster posted:

Fargoth hate is dumb because you have to go out of your way to talk to him, the only real reason to dislike him is if you followed Morrowind before release and Todd "He Lied People Died" Howard talked up the Fargoth quest (and by extension the rest of Morrowind's quests) as much as he did Radiant AI, etc

Nah, the thing about Fargoth is that you gain reputation with the trader if you give him the ring back. If you do that, Fargoth will also love you, and every time EVERY TIME you go past him he will say, in his shrill ferengi voice how he will come later at night to gently caress you while you sleep. He is also a male bosmer if that's not enough.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Disco Infiva posted:

he will come later at night to gently caress you while you sleep.
you know we can say gently caress around here right. nobody is going to tell on us

also cool racism

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

garth ferengi posted:

you know we can say gently caress around here right. nobody is going to tell on us

also cool racism

We can also use gently caress around here if we want to. Also, are you some kind of a bosmer lover?

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Surely someone has made a mod that turns every NPC in the game into Fargoth.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Mortimer posted:

I know youre joking skyrimguy but there is a team working on skyrim. "Home of the nords" is what it's called, they have some dumb release of a forested village out

Sounds like more typical Nexusmods trash. There's a reason my mod is called "Morrowind: Gold Edition" - it's high-quality, aims to keep the original game intact and is essentially the only Morrowind mod you need to enjoy the game.

Zeniel posted:

Surely someone has made a mod that turns every NPC in the game into Fargoth.
Not yet..

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Is there a mod that makes all male dark elves speak in tom waits sound bites?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Bonus.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Anybody else find it loving creepy how obsessed lore fans are with this decade old game, and how they seem to be turning into a weird rear end Internet cult or something.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Attestant posted:

Anybody else find it loving creepy how obsessed lore fans are with this decade old game, and how they seem to be turning into a weird rear end Internet cult or something.

Its p. much blended in with all the other horrible creepy poo poo gamers do so not really.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Attestant posted:

indeed, liking old things is not good, in my opinion, when titanfall has landed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm gonna name my XBONE Muatra

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Attestant posted:

yeah those people sure are the worst

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
:tinfoil:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The ending of the posts is ALMSIVI.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Attestant posted:

The lore is pretty good, though.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

The ending of the posts is ALMSIVI.

gently caress yeah

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Beyond sane knolls posted:

If anyone puts it together make sure this plays whenever you get close to Red Mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaLjwSpZ6Cs

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Attestant posted:

look at this guy who's mad that he's not in the kool kids klub also known as the Morrowind thread

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

we're not cool

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Attestant posted:

well morrowind lore is written largely around thelema and gnostic stuff so yeah, makes sense it would turn into a real cult of its own.

kinda why the c0da thing didn't appeal to me actually, I would have preferred it if MK totally went off the deep end and tried to set up a gnostic hierarchy with internet nerd loremasters and initiation rituals and mad poo poo instead of doing the opposite and making it 'open source'

Prism Mirror Lens fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 12, 2014

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Disco Infiva posted:

We can also use gently caress around here if we want to. Also, are you some kind of a bosmer lover?

blight pride, world wide

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Chum Scandal posted:

blight pride, world wide

Blight my neg rear end in a top hat with the baddest bug you have

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

well morrowind lore is written largely around thelema and gnostic stuff so yeah, makes sense it would turn into a real cult of its own.

kinda why the c0da thing didn't appeal to me actually, I would have preferred it if MK totally went off the deep end and tried to set up a gnostic hierarchy with internet nerd loremasters and initiation rituals and mad poo poo instead of doing the opposite and making it 'open source'

the c0da thing was dumb because it had piss all to do with the games

I just like the games, man

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

cthulhoo posted:

e: hope Capntastic is okay with me stealing his picture for an avatar

The Ruling King who in another sees his equal rules nothing. The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Mortimer posted:

Blight my neg rear end in a top hat with the baddest bug you have

rear end-Woe Blight

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Corprus was an invention of the Tribunal to keep the Ashlanders down!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Zeniel posted:

don't believe me? it's all in the numbers.
number one. that's dagoth.
number two. that's dagoth.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
And their mechanical old men ruling the world.
In six months.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Morrowind owns

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
chocolate morrowind is back and i started it up and i'm going with stuff i don't usually do because i'm usually a huge scrub
so i have medium armor/spear for once

The new birthsign setup owns because most of the things are as good as Atronach now sort of, like Steed has a permanent 100 feather

I had missed how nicely morrowind layers clothes

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Zeniel posted:

blighttrails, man

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you're not going to believe me but there are lizard people in high positions in the temple RIGHT NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Is the birthsign pack with chocolate pack really that good? I've been using BAMF (Birthsigns are more Fun) mod for ages now.

• Locked thread