Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpY3ggKAPIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Selachian posted:

Electric Company, I think you'll find. :colbert:

http://youtu.be/qfk_FgFtk_g :colbert:

And now back to the classic Adventures of Easily-Bamboozled-Man!

Off the top of my head I can't remember Newspaper Spidey's web ever actually successfully binding anybody (not counting the occasional anonymous carjacker or whatever that Spidey goes after in his free time). They' always dodge or break it.

I guess we did see him web an elephant once.

Oh, Newspaper Spider-Man. You're just precious. :allears:

It just keeps getting better. :swoon:

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

He'd get the same idea watching cartoons.

Retail

That's a really weak punishment and Marla got off lightly. The more realistic corporate solution would be to have all salaried employees work more hours.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

It's like Skip's Narcissus and backup-bot is Echo.

Dustin

Gotta say I like all the customer service clerks in Dustin a lot more than the ones in Retail.

On the Fastrack

For background, the main character of this comic was Wendy (Dethany's redhead boss) until four years ago when Dethany's popularity convinced Holbrook to make her the main character instead.

Safe Havens

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

The trouble with Ed's run-ins with the service sector is that we're supposed to be on Ed's side. :(

Scary Gary

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Geech: Lord lift us up where we belong.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Nenonen posted:

Bimbo the Karateka

Man I wish RMMD was still like that.

Rex Morgan MD

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Remember this old Fingerpori from the past?

Well, turns out Jarla's been experimenting a bit more with the character. A friend of mine posted the Finnish original on Facebook yesterday, but I haven't been able to find the source.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Gotta say I like all the customer service clerks in Dustin a lot more than the ones in Retail.

It's so wonderful when Ed gets owned. Especially when it's by people he shits on.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Probably because no one in that Goddamn hospital will help him unless he does their loving math homework.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

catlord posted:

It's so wonderful when Ed gets owned. Especially when it's by people he shits on.
It really is one of the few times that Dustin is a good comic strip.

(Désolé, monsieur, nous n'avons pas de petites tasses.)

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Biting satire about gay adoption issues

Jarla :wtc:

Fok_It

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

Remember this old Fingerpori from the past?

Well, turns out Jarla's been experimenting a bit more with the character. A friend of mine posted the Finnish original on Facebook yesterday, but I haven't been able to find the source.

http://www.karjalainen.fi/component/karjalainenmisc/?view=fingerpori

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Why is Finland so good at this? :allears:

Gahan Kudlicrankshaftpluggergoddamnfuckingboomersjustdiealready

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Slylock Fox

Whenever Max plays sports he's on the Skins team.

Daisy didn't happen to have a hostile relationship with the family dog, did she?

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Max flings the ball right at Slylock's eyeball, bouncing it off and then beaning a seagull in midflight.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Max tosses the ball upwards, then pushes it back down before it floats off into space.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

How long did it take you to set up that trap, Mr. Hog? You do realize the Phantom was watching the whole time, right?

I think you posted Garfield instead of Fingerpori.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 12, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac misses the point.

The Creeps leaves me speechless.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Yep, I pretty much figured that was going to happen.

Non Sequitur

I laughed at the "hand waving".

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's again goddamnit. I guess GoComics will just be getting these in bunches.

Kliban

Kind of cliché nowadays (most likely not in the 70s), but still pretty funny.

9 Chickweed Lane 3/12/2003

Pretty dumb, Brooke.

Zits

teen_appetites.jpg

Kevin & Kell

And no one's peed yet?

Nemi

No matter what part of the world you're from, kids are exactly the same. :v:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 22, 1926)

Peanuts (March 15, 1967)

Waiting For Personally Devastating Newsbean

Popeye

Patcheye was so bored in the afterlife he decided to lure a relative to his death. Fun for the whole family.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (August 4-5, 1924)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

No, Ed. They had a literally black Darth Vader burger instead, because that's much classier.

(Seriously, this may be the only "Dustin" I've ever loved, and it's only because it mocks the setup of 40% of its own strips)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Back to the Fok_It

Some people pronounce it like herppes. Shut up it makes sense in Finnish.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

You're not fooling us, Fritzi. You were a teenager in the 1910s, your idea of hippies would have been German immigrant folk singers. :colbert:

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

If this turns out to be the last comic that Morrie ever did, then I... I think I'm okay with it. :unsmith:

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Huh, well would you look at that.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Seems like you could just sort of slip the chain off the rock.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

That's a really weak punishment and Marla got off lightly. The more realistic corporate solution would be to have all salaried employees work more hours.

See, and here I was hoping that Stuart was going to call her out on the fact that the payroll problem might stem from her giving the worst employee in the store a promotion and full benefits based solely on the fact that he was her friend (on the pretext that it 'might motivate him to work harder').

I guess it's still better than those lazy weeks of 'You know you're in retail when..' gags. And Nancy. So Feuti has that going for him.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

Morally Inept, the younger years.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

tiistai posted:

Back to the Fok_It

Some people pronounce it like herppes. Shut up it makes sense in Finnish.

Wasn't there a Cheech & Chong sketch about some dude with a foreign accent pronouncing it like hair piece? In the skit, as I remember, he was constantly saying "Would you like to buy my hair piece?", and of course it turned out he was trying to sell his herpes. Oh, I dunno, it was funny at the time, but most likely it was funny to me then because I was probably as stoned as Tommy Chong. Ah the rosy days of youth. :v:

Wanamingo posted:

Zippy the Pinhead

Yeah, it's a thing. Huh.. I've never seen one.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Wanamingo posted:

Nancy

You're not fooling us, Fritzi. You were a teenager in the 1910s, your idea of hippies would have been German immigrant folk singers. :colbert:

Fritzi is an immortal succubus who has been feeding on men for hundreds of years. Nancy and Sluggo are her farmiliars in human form. She uses them to get her next meal (school teachers, youth leaders, pedos). She is going to drain Phil Fumble slowly since he is a vrigin and their life force taste so sweet...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant will be posted later.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oswald...CALLED CLAY CAMEL

Mandrake villains must all go in for Freeman on the Land scams.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Classic Prince Valiant

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Mmann posted:

See, and here I was hoping that Stuart was going to call her out on the fact that the payroll problem might stem from her giving the worst employee in the store a promotion and full benefits based solely on the fact that he was her friend (on the pretext that it 'might motivate him to work harder').

I guess it's still better than those lazy weeks of 'You know you're in retail when..' gags. And Nancy. So Feuti has that going for him.

You're right, they could've hired on another employee to man the floor for what Cooper's promotion cost. Nor did the promotion actually make him work any harder, he's still an insufferable rear end who pawns work off onto other employees, backtalks customers and wastes time taking stupid notes on the new assistant manager instead of doing his job.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
How old are any of the people in Emmy Lou supposed to be, they all look like concentration camp victims with the heads of pudgy 8 month olds.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

catlord posted:

When I was a kid I figured that this was the Noodle Incident, to the point where I was surprised to learn people wondered what the Noodle Incident was. It just seemed so obvious.

This is from last page, but Watterson has said (in the 10th anniversary book, if I remember right) that much like the actual narrative to Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie, the specifics of the Noodle Incident never actually appear in-strip. He preferred to leave it to the reader's imagination what actually happened, as that made the whole thing funnier.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is from last page, but Watterson has said (in the 10th anniversary book, if I remember right) that much like the actual narrative to Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie, the specifics of the Noodle Incident never actually appear in-strip. He preferred to leave it to the reader's imagination what actually happened, as that made the whole thing funnier.

I think he said he had originally planned to do it but quickly realized that nothing he could write would match whatever ideas the readers came up with so he left it an unspecified catastrophe.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Overslept again and been busy all day, yay! :downs:

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is peak YOSPOS.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

On a cellphone? What? Boyce? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No, I think that's actually coherent. The mother-in-law has discovered the pause button on her tv remote, and so phonecalls no longer have to be cut short due to her programmes starting.

It is a classic "I wish I didn't have to talk to my mother-in-law" joke.

• Locked thread