FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Deklein wasn't entirely free, either. Goonfleet got given it because goonfleet had a lot of goodwill with TCF due to prior work and friendship

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Otacon posted:

figured out how to make EVE a lot better

This has revolutionized my Eve experience.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

pugnax posted:

See, I think I need to quasi-disagree on this. Is there a single other sizeable/space-important entity in Eve outside of GSF that has had particularly good leadership? I'm hard pressed to think of one. Maybe PL in it's own way, but that involves not having a hard leadership structure, so I don't think it counts. Montolio was great at doing what he did (namely building a wack-rear end, albeit large and strong, coalition) and keeping the line members occupied and entertained.
Don't think so much about the guy at the top. The most important part of the leadership is the structure underneath, all the guys who actually do the work. If they're unhappy and feeling poo poo upon, they're going to stop doing work and your alliance collapses. TEST did that all the time, people were routinely scapegoated for whatever went wrong. You can't let that kind of thing happen and think it's not weakening your team.

Goonfleet did well even way back when the CEO was a complete shithead. Remedial was dumb as hell, but the rest of the pyramid was pretty good and ran the war machine. And as I understand it Sesfan (#1) was a FC CEO who ran fleets and was pretty hands-off for everything else. Mittens' byline on TMC about liking delegation isn't a joke, it's a pointed instruction.

mikey posted:

e: I'm not ignoring that GSF was given Deklein for free
*Free with purchase of 5 years of undying friendship. I always love seeing grrr goons people complaining that we didn't "earn" our current position, as if TCF was holding a lottery for who got Dek when they shut down.

Innominate
Sep 2, 2004
The Innominate

deadtear posted:

Deklein wasn't entirely free, either. Goonfleet got given it because goonfleet had a lot of goodwill with TCF due to prior work and friendship

TCF didn't just all up and quit the game. Their alliance leadership collapsed, but the intact corps and many of the players had sufficient confidence in their old friends to join us. I like to think this is a decision we've since justified.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

pugnax posted:

I'm hard pressed to think of one. Maybe PL in it's own way, but that involves not having a hard leadership structure, so I don't think it counts.

NCdot has had basically the same leadership for the majority of its existence, with Because of Falcon/Wicked Princess hilarity being the only notable change.

White Aero is forever the canadian CEO of my heart.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Definately don't mean to come across as thinking that GSF was born with a silver spoon in it's little mandibles, or that I think the Man At The Top is the most important part of leadership. GSF has totally put a truly mind-boggling amount of effort into it's operations and you'd need to be clinically retarded to not be impressed by it.

I don't think that catering to brand new players should be the responsibility of every corp in Eve though. There are now a solid menu of options to choose from (Dreddit/GSF/Groon if you meet the cult requirements, BNI, Fweddit, RvB, EveUni, SS, Nexus, Enli-A, etc.) so having more corps out there with a medium/low experience requirement like Waffles makes a lot of sense to me, as it allows the training wing to focus on more intermediate skill development (FCing, doctrine design, manual piloting, logistics).

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You're goddamn right I'm proud of being able to see my dick. gently caress you Blawrf.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Never let the (fox) Man keep you down Vyst.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Klyith posted:

*Free with purchase of 5 years of undying friendship. I always love seeing grrr goons people complaining that we didn't "earn" our current position, as if TCF was holding a lottery for who got Dek when they shut down.

Innominate posted:

TCF didn't just all up and quit the game. Their alliance leadership collapsed, but the intact corps and many of the players had sufficient confidence in their old friends to join us. I like to think this is a decision we've since justified.

Yeah, what a novel concept: If you reward your leadership and allies with loyalty and respect, you'll generally get that in return. TEST is what happens when you treat them like poo poo.

PL and NC. seem to understand this to some extent, and that's why they're still around. A giant supercap fleet is meaningless if your leadership is terrible, your FCs and logistics people have all burned out, and you've torched every diplomatic bridge in sight.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

:laffo:

It's all coming apart. They can't even get along with cute newbies.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Being in ENLI I guess this distracts me from what he means (I was never in TEST so I have little idea about what went on internally then) but whats "wrong" with ENLI?

We had some really high participation for the hell camp and Iv not really seen any drama so far between our members and anyone else.

Oh and of course I know about the "Kick ENLI" meme, I wasn't around for the start of it, but I kinda understand why it started "Test was bad", "We don't want ex test" ect.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm in a sharing mood.