Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Mr. Crow posted:

PM me, I can probably help on the UI, though I haven't touch java in years (mostly for the learning experience! I'm a .net flunky). Second caveat, dark souls 2 came out so I'll not be terribly useful while it soaks up 100% of my free time.

PM sent. My dev time is also rather erratic as guild wars 2 has been soaking time lately and dark souls 2 will be once it comes out for the PC master race. Plus health and general life stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Ernie Muppari posted:

Are you using Birds and Flocks, Birds of Skyrim, the Flora Respawn Fix, or 83Willows 101Bugs? IIRC many of Birds of Skyrim's birds don't fly, even with skyBirds, and the other mods each edit one or two of the vanilla objects that skyBirds adds spawner scripts to. So long as those mods are loaded after skyBirds their changes take precedence over skyBirds' (unless you make a Merged Patch with TES5Edit), thereby drasticly reducing the number of skyBirds spawn locations.

Not using any of those mods. It's not just that they don't fly, 75% of the birds just stand on the ground with their wings outstretched and don't move at all. Killing them just makes them disappear without a corpse.

Alasyre posted:

ASIS is known to cause frozen birds with Skybirds, so if you're using that, add the Skybirds .esp to the mod exclusion list.

==MOD BLOCKS==
//Add a mod names or keywords to look for to block
//One per line
//skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp

Is this how it should look? I changed the blocklist and ran the ASIS skyproc patcher again but I still get frozen birds.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Remove the // from before the ESP filename. // signifies comments, and are ignored.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Alright, thanks, my birds are working as intended again.

Mustang fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 11, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Jabarto posted:

If you manage this I will personally forge you a medal.

Thanks! I'm up to five voicetypes now, out of the six female voicetypes that normally don't comment as followers. Once I do that and add some periphery comments onto the FemaleDarkElf voicetype, I'll start in on expanding the Male voicetypes' repertoire, and that should move faster seeing as most of them already do have comments.

Also, nice avatar, LtSmash.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 12, 2014

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I'm having some problems with brawls. I'm trying to brawl Uthgerd, and she either stands up to fight, stops fighting and sits down again immediately, or pulls out her sword after a couple of punches and turns it into a real fight.

At first it was just standing up then sitting down again, I uninstalled Enhanced Blood Textures based on some posts I saw elsewhere, but this just leads into the scenario where she pulls out her sword after a bit.

I thought it might be due to SPERG, but forcing brawl mode through the menu there just leads to her stopping the fight and sitting straight down again.

I also have the loose files version of this fix but that's not helping either. Kind of at a loss here, anyone encountered this and know what some typical solutions are?

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Davoren posted:

I'm having some problems with brawls. I'm trying to brawl Uthgerd, and she either stands up to fight, stops fighting and sits down again immediately, or pulls out her sword after a couple of punches and turns it into a real fight.

At first it was just standing up then sitting down again, I uninstalled Enhanced Blood Textures based on some posts I saw elsewhere, but this just leads into the scenario where she pulls out her sword after a bit.

I thought it might be due to SPERG, but forcing brawl mode through the menu there just leads to her stopping the fight and sitting straight down again.

I also have the loose files version of this fix but that's not helping either. Kind of at a loss here, anyone encountered this and know what some typical solutions are?

Are you using UFO? I had a problem with it screwing up brawls for some reason. And yes, had this exact problem and after lots of trial and error just ended up not talking to her at all.

Quift
May 11, 2012
Another post to tell people that Inigo is the best mod.

Last night he gave me a long lecture about addiction, and asked if I could try to abstain from sucking in dragon souls for a week if I really wanted to. Addiction is a tricky thing, and hard to recognize in oneself. This one used to have a problem with skooma..

I fell of he floor laughing when he asked if I felt better after getting my fix.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Overemotional Robot posted:

Are you using UFO? I had a problem with it screwing up brawls for some reason. And yes, had this exact problem and after lots of trial and error just ended up not talking to her at all.

I was using EFF, removing that didn't help, I removed everything that might be casting an effect on the player and no luck. Thing is, this is the first intimidation quest I was given in the companions, and I can't abandon it, does this mean I can't do their questline?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Davoren posted:

I was using EFF, removing that didn't help, I removed everything that might be casting an effect on the player and no luck. Thing is, this is the first intimidation quest I was given in the companions, and I can't abandon it, does this mean I can't do their questline?

Try moving the brawl bug fix all the way to the bottom of your load order.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Oh man, some of these master-level spells from Apocalypse look hilarious. I can't wait to try out Acceleration Rune.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm at the point in Falskaar where you attack staalgarde, and there's an issue where it's just breaking. When you confirm that you want to attack ("you cannot leave until it's done"), the game fades out and then back in at the same place, except I'm stuck there and can't move or attack or open the inventory or anything, like it's waiting for some NPC that isn't there to rock up and do something, but that never happens. I think it's Yngvarr, who just seemed to be standing very still on the road on my way up.

Can I reset it by going back to skyrim or something and just waiting a few days, or am I going to have to fiddle with the console to advance the quest myself, or just give up?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
There would'nt happen to be a list of quests that are safeish to incrementally console complete somewhere would there? I want to zoom past some of the early stuff i have done a billion times.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Not really, but which quests are you exactly trying to burn through?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Has anyone running ASIS (mine or the old one) who has updated to UDBP 2.0.2 started crashing on startup? I've had numerous reports but can't replicate it.

The Mad Archivist posted:

Also, nice avatar, LtSmash.
Can't go wrong with SMAC. Anyone want to mod mind worms and fungal blooms into skyrim?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

LtSmash posted:

Has anyone running ASIS (mine or the old one) who has updated to UDBP 2.0.2 started crashing on startup? I've had numerous reports but can't replicate it.

Can't go wrong with SMAC. Anyone want to mod mind worms and fungal blooms into skyrim?

How about Dwemer nerve stapling or Tamriel Ascent to Transcendence/CHIM?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LtSmash posted:

Don't tempt me. I could make a Sister Miriam Godwinson companion. :unsmigghh:

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Don't tempt me. I could make a Sister Miriam Godwinson companion. :unsmigghh:

Doooo eeeeeeet!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Scyantific posted:

Not really, but which quests are you exactly trying to burn through?

Specifically i really really wanna burn the optional thieves guild quests until i have done Whiterun and Windhelm. And the College quests, but those are too fragile i think.

Quift
May 11, 2012
Actually, would it be possible to write a script that extracts all quest statuses, discovered locations, skills and perks and dead npc from a save file and put it into a file, then apply those to a new game? so if you corrupt your playthrough you could just start a clean save and push it to the same state?

might be some stuff lost like placed stuff, everything not in the player inventory but still, it would allow more high level play while still trying plenty of mods.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Anyone have any experience with Stormcloak Battle Armor or Call of the North? Loving those bear and wolf helmets, but when I got Battle Armor and crafted the helmet on a female character, it equips the female version of the Ancient Nord Helmet. (edit: both genders are set to use the same model in the CK so that's not the problem.) It looks right when I give it to a male companion. It reminds me of when on my previous mod suite (since purged) some weird incompatibility made some mod-added hoods default to the nord helmet depending on what else I had equipped or what order I equipped stuff in.

Going to try CotN next but it's not clear on whether I can craft the stuff right out of the gate.

e2: took me forever to figure out, the idiot hadn't checked orcs as a race that can use them.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 14, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyhow, in Lootification news, I am a loving liar. I thought I had a Lootification entry for WEAPONIZER, and I did not. I have since rectified this! In addition, I edited the esp file: Weaponizer has a really loving annoying bugged entry for the "Draugr Dagger." Its a neat looking, if somewhat badly modeled, weapon, which is added to the Draugr Weapon levelled lists.

I have awful Skyrim modding perfection issues and your work here with this makes me so loving happy. I'm sorry it took me 2 weeks to notice this post, as I go through 2-week cycles of catching up on poo poo and all. Thanks so loving much for this and all the rest of your work, man!

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

e2: took me forever to figure out, the idiot hadn't checked orcs as a race that can use them.

Skyrim (armor) belongs to the Nords!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Are there any decent hair mods that add male hair? Most of the ones that don't feel out of place are for female hair. Apachii and so on just... They look very metrosexual and animesque.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I recommend getting Beards and Dwemer Beards. Lore Hairstyles has a couple that kind of work for guys, but aside from that I haven't seen much.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 14, 2014

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Alasyre posted:

Skyrim (armor) belongs to the Nords!

Adding the race permission worked for one of the two ancient nord helmet-based bear helmets, the one that didn't show up at all and just made me bald, but the other one still shows up on me as the female version of the helmet, with big dumb antlers. So that must be due to some big dumb conflict, but I can't find anyone else ever having the same problem.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

I recommend getting Beards and Dwemer Beards. Lore Hairstyles has a couple that kind of work for guys, but aside from that I haven't seen much.

Beards are nice and all, but yeah. It seems really sparse.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Thanks! I'm up to five voicetypes now, out of the six female voicetypes that normally don't comment as followers. Once I do that and add some periphery comments onto the FemaleDarkElf voicetype, I'll start in on expanding the Male voicetypes' repertoire, and that should move faster seeing as most of them already do have comments.

The first six are complete. I'm going to have to do more testing to tweak the conditions so they're firing how I want them to.

I did a survey of the Male follower voicetypes: of the 10, five already have some idle commentary; about 25 lines each, or half as much as my baseline goals for each voicetype in the project. The other five (Male- Orc, Argonian, Khajit, EvenTonedAccented [Farengar], Drunk) will need in-depth treatment like the six female voicetypes. Thankfully, I'm getting a bit more efficient with each voicetype I do.

Finally, I need to make the MCM menu for the mod. The features I plan on implementing is turning commentary off per-voicetype; a slider to increase or decrease the frequency at which comments are made; and options for a clean uninstall (I assume this will be necessary to completely remove the quests used to control the dialog topics?). Chime in if you can think of more features the MCM should have.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

The first six are complete. I'm going to have to do more testing to tweak the conditions so they're firing how I want them to.

I did a survey of the Male follower voicetypes: of the 10, five already have some idle commentary; about 25 lines each, or half as much as my baseline goals for each voicetype in the project. The other five (Male- Orc, Argonian, Khajit, EvenTonedAccented [Farengar], Drunk) will need in-depth treatment like the six female voicetypes. Thankfully, I'm getting a bit more efficient with each voicetype I do.

Finally, I need to make the MCM menu for the mod. The features I plan on implementing is turning commentary off per-voicetype; a slider to increase or decrease the frequency at which comments are made; and options for a clean uninstall (I assume this will be necessary to completely remove the quests used to control the dialog topics?). Chime in if you can think of more features the MCM should have.

You are a hero.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Has When Vampires Attack caused bizarre problems for anybody else? I've had it installed for a few months now, and aside from it sometimes failing to send people inside and just leaving them cowering outside, it's been great.

Until today, when I went into Riften at night, killed a vampire, walked into the Bee and Barb, and discovered most of the town in there, along with a thief. The thief was essential for some reason, so neither I, nor my follower, nor the guards, nor Marcurio could kill him. Eventually Marcurio missed the thief and hit a guard with lightning, whereupon everyone started ignoring the thief and started trying to kill Marcurio, who killed five Riften guards and got everyone else in the "I am essential and have no health!" crouch before my follower finally killed him. :suspense:

I went outside, waited a couple hours, went back in - everyone was still there, with no response when I talked to them, and the thief was still there and essential. So I left Riften and came back... same deal.

Do I need to go back to an older save, or will Riften eventually fix itself?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

zonohedron posted:

Has When Vampires Attack caused bizarre problems for anybody else? I've had it installed for a few months now, and aside from it sometimes failing to send people inside and just leaving them cowering outside, it's been great.

Until today, when I went into Riften at night, killed a vampire, walked into the Bee and Barb, and discovered most of the town in there, along with a thief. The thief was essential for some reason, so neither I, nor my follower, nor the guards, nor Marcurio could kill him. Eventually Marcurio missed the thief and hit a guard with lightning, whereupon everyone started ignoring the thief and started trying to kill Marcurio, who killed five Riften guards and got everyone else in the "I am essential and have no health!" crouch before my follower finally killed him. :suspense:

I went outside, waited a couple hours, went back in - everyone was still there, with no response when I talked to them, and the thief was still there and essential. So I left Riften and came back... same deal.

Do I need to go back to an older save, or will Riften eventually fix itself?

It's probably one of the dumb bugs that happen because Skyrim can somehow gently caress up spawning NPCs in the right place (and sometimes fail to register them as dead). On the plus side, you can use the console to fix this:

Someone on the Nexus posted:

Well it can be fixed in the console: (have a backup save)
1. There are seven ARTHWVACitizensFleeAttackType quests and you'll have to use the "sqv [questname]" command like this:
sqv ARTHWVACitizensFleeAttackType1
Go through all seven until you find one that says "running --> yes"
2. Scroll up in the console with PageUp until you find the line "REF Attacker1" with the id you need (there may be an Attacker2, Attacker3)
3. prid the id of the attacker (example: prid ff001234)
4. it will put the id on the top of the console. Now just type "moveto player" and the enemy will pop up next to you. Kill it and that should do it. (if you had multiple attackers you'll have to do this to all of them of course).

5. If this doesn't solve the problem and/or you notice a [D] next to one or all of the ids them, that means you already killed them and they got cleaned up but the game didn't realise it so now you'll have to kill them again.
6. While the id with the [D] is at the top type "resurrect 1" followed by "moveto player" and then "enable"
7. Enemy should pop up, kill it

For the record the problem seems to be that the game has a tendency of spawning the death hounds out of bounds (like in Solitude I saw them swimming around in the water under the city and because they are far away you're not in combat so you don't realise the attack is still going on) and the every vampire is dead but the attack isn't ending has always happened to me when the random vampire called Traveller was involved.

You might also want to double check that you've got the most recent version of WVA installed, I seem to recall it was supposed to fix at least some of those bugs.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this bullshit is why the attacks work the way they do in vanilla; rather than fixing their poo poo and making regular townspeople run away from the magic-murder-men, Beth just threw up their hands and made it possible/likely that vampires would kill quest related NPCs when attacking.

Ernie Muppari fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 14, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is Skyrim Mod Organizer screwing with my Creation Kit? It's my first install that's using the MO and im getting this blocky error on everything thats like fires, fog, wind effects and etc:

It's not happening ingame.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I found a wrecked ship called the Silvermoon that teleports me to the surface of the lake every time I try to look inside it. A search online seems to imply that this is what happens when you try to go to an area that will break a quest sequence. I cheated to take a look inside anyway and found an Ancient Jeweled Goblet at 10k value and a dagger that banishes daedra that comes with a warning book that says IN CASE OF DAEDRA USE DAGGER. Anyone idea what mod adds this? I'm thinking Morrowloot 4E probably, though someone else was getting teleported and they had the Moonpath to Elseweyr mod which I also have.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Ernie Muppari posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that this bullshit is why the attacks work the way they do in vanilla; rather than fixing their poo poo and making regular townspeople run away from the magic-murder-men, Beth just threw up their hands and made it possible/likely that vampires would kill quest related NPCs when attacking.

I think you're right. The dragon one seems to work fine, even in cities, but I suspect that's a little easier because there's fewer things-to-flee, unlike with vampires where some of them seem to bring a dozen underlings along.

As far as the fix you posted goes, I didn't actually try it, because when I started Skyrim back up Riften had returned to normal. Townsfolk were outside and had normal dialogue, Keerava was not cowering in the corner, and the thief was no longer essential. :confuoot:

(I guess quitting and restarting did something? I saved the "find the vampire and his buddies, resurrect the vampire and his buddies, re-kill the vampire and his buddies" solution, for the next time this happens, though.)

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
What skeleton replacer combines Dual Sheath Redux and Belt Fastened Quivers?

deathrat
May 25, 2010

NeurosisHead posted:

What skeleton replacer combines Dual Sheath Redux and Belt Fastened Quivers?

I think XP32 Maximum Skeleton does.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I think XP32 does this.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Not used to console commanding quests, so want to make sure I do this right.

Basically finished Loud and Clear, and went to talk to Brynjolf. He said good job, here's your cut, you should go talk to Vex/Delvin. Well, that's what he says, however the responses I can give all make it sound like he actually should be saying I need to report to Maven.

Quest never completes, finding Maven just has her tell me to leave her alone, seems like I'm kind of stuck. I can get an endless supply of gold off of Brynjolf, but no more Thieves Guild quests.

According to the wiki, consolecommanding in completequest TG03, followed by setstage TG04 1 should fix the problem. Just wanted goons to double check on that before I accidentally mess up my game. What will this actually do to my current game? Anything besides setting me on the next step I should be worried about?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Did you try reloading before you turned in the quest to Brynjolf? That usually helps to kickstart a lagging script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I motherfucking love how, at 6:00 in the morning, NexusMods is so hosed that I can only get a viewable page (not really navigable, but partial) to load maybe 5% of the time right now. All I need is to check the description page of my ENB for configuration info, but nooooooooo, NexusMods has to be an enormous pile of poo poo right now.

• Locked thread