Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Benny the Snake posted:

Actually, the manager who I gave it to told me he appreciated it. I guess it did work.

The manager said what he needed to to end the conversation with that loving weirdo as fast as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

how did the topic come up?

Please tell me you asked him.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

Actually, the manager who I gave it to told me he appreciated it. I guess it did work.

As for the interview, I was told at the end that they would go through the group of candidates, including me, and they'll call me if they've chosen me. I feel disapointed that I didn't get the job on the spot since it was the second interview.

I am confused about this second interview now. Usually the second interview is the here is how much we will pay you now start signing stuff.

What did they ask you? Was it the same people that originally interviewed you?

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Benny the Snake posted:

I hope you didn't grab a thank you card, sign it, and hand it to him as a thank you for the thank you for my original thank you card.

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

Benny, maybe you can apply for a job as a thank-you card writer.

(do they have those?)

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

booshi posted:

I hope you didn't grab a thank you card, sign it, and hand it to him as a thank you for the thank you for my original thank you card.

I hope he did exactly that tbh

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
wait the second interview was just to be like 'hey we'll call you maybe"???

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

The interviewers needed a laugh, so they asked Benny to come back for entertainment. They probably filmed it so they can watch it over and over again and get a chuckle.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

crabrock posted:

how did the topic come up?
He told me. I showed up waiting for the store manager to interview me and the shift manager who I wrote the card was passing by and he told me.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

booshi posted:

My wife pretty much does this :smith:

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Benny the Snake posted:

I showed up waiting for the store manager to interview me and the shift manager who I wrote the card was passing by and he told me.

I know, Benny. I know that this is just a forum thread and you're not putting in any effort to string together a coherent thought, but how can you write things like this and, if you truly think yourself a wordsmith, not die just a little bit?

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
You may have forgotten the Thunderdome, Benny, but the Thunderdome hasn't forgotten you.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
When do you start volunteering at the library?

Edit: Do you talk about your aspirations to become a writer in your interviews or on your resume or anything like that? Serious question.

Greg Legg fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 10, 2014

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Aqua Bear posted:

When do you start volunteering at the library?

Edit: Do you talk about your aspirations to become a writer in your interviews or on your resume or anything like that? Serious question.

I think the writing dream ended nine or ten days ago. Jeez! Keep up!

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Ursine Asylum posted:

You may have forgotten the Thunderdome, Benny, but the Thunderdome hasn't forgotten you.

We got another one

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I don't know if you missed it, but you've got another ten or so. It's Bennydome in there.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

He told me. I showed up waiting for the store manager to interview me and the shift manager who I wrote the card was passing by and he told me.

This does not even make sense.

On the sixth reading I suppose it does. But, Jesus Christ, who writes like this and considers themselves a writer?

Robot_Rumpus fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 10, 2014

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Tyrannosaurus posted:

I think the writing dream ended nine or ten days ago. Jeez! Keep up!

I'm trying!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Please do not include "people used me as a prompt in Thunderdome" on your resume.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I don't know if you missed it, but you've got another ten or so. It's Bennydome in there.

And here I wrote all my benny stories in this thread and I could've submitted them to thunderdome :qq:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Croc Monster posted:

And here I wrote all my benny stories in this thread and I could've submitted them to thunderdome :qq:

Sure, but would they have been the required number of words? Maybe if you put them together...

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Thora posted:

Please do not include "people used me as a prompt in Thunderdome" on your resume.

It is easily his greatest accomplishment in life.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
We need to pump some life back into this thread because SpoonfulofBromide is eating Benny's lunch.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Croc Monster posted:

We need to pump some life back into this thread because SpoonfulofBromide is eating Benny's lunch.

Benny knows a lot about comics maybe he could mentor Bromide.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Big Brother Benny & Baby Bromide :3:

It warms the cockles of my heart.

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?
Benny, did you see the like 12 love ballads to you in the dome this week?
It was kind of precious. Maybe this spoonful bullshit has softened me to Benny for a moment, because for all Benny's faults, I'm pretty sure he's not going to murder a stranger in their sleep for not drawing him a picture.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Benny, please get thee to the Bromide thread and offer to draw her web comics. That dudette is apparently sitting on a huge pile of cash to finance her web comic dream, and I heard that you need some money. Doesn't really matter if you can't draw, I think she's open to anyone signing up to be her artist at this point.

That way, Benny gets his job and Bromide gets her comic. And they can probably also have sex. Maybe. Bromide has enough money to split the cab fare anyway.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Yeah, I got the big ol' fuzzies for Benny right now because twenty-something pages of bromide in under twelve hours has kinda jagged my mind.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Starter Wiggin posted:

Benny, did you see the like 12 love ballads to you in the dome this week?
It was kind of precious. Maybe this spoonful bullshit has softened me to Benny for a moment, because for all Benny's faults, I'm pretty sure he's not going to murder a stranger in their sleep for not drawing him a picture.

A bunch of us did a thing http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3598931&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=44#post426793084 to help bring some levity to the otherwise oppressive atmosphere of Thunderdome (which is akin to American Idol). What we of course did not anticipate is the judges hating Benny's story that much that they hated everything associated with it immediately.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Croc Monster posted:

Big Brother Benny & Baby Bromide :3:

It warms the cockles of my heart.

They're both tropers and it shows.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Dex posted:

They're both tropers and it shows.

They're tropers and we know it.

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah!

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

Tamarillo posted:

Benny, please get thee to the Bromide thread and offer to draw her web comics. That dudette is apparently sitting on a huge pile of cash to finance her web comic dream, and I heard that you need some money. Doesn't really matter if you can't draw, I think she's open to anyone signing up to be her artist at this point.

That way, Benny gets his job and Bromide gets her comic. And they can probably also have sex. Maybe. Bromide has enough money to split the cab fare anyway.

Plot twist: Benny IS Bromide finally showing off his writing skills by engaging us all in a story of a life being destroyed by betrayal.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
My current theory is that Benny is a bodysnatcher. What we thought was helping him with daily life has actually been helping him acquire the knowledge to assimilate and destroy the human race one Target parking lot at a time. :tinfoil:

The truth is out there, goons.

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

laplace posted:

My current theory is that Benny is a bodysnatcher. What we thought was helping him with daily life has actually been helping him acquire the knowledge to assimilate and destroy the human race one Target parking lot at a time. :tinfoil:

The truth is out there, goons.

Now that he knows proper thank you note etiquette the world is surely doomed.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

The Saddest Rhino posted:

A bunch of us did a thing http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3598931&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=44#post426793084 to help bring some levity to the otherwise oppressive atmosphere of Thunderdome (which is akin to American Idol). What we of course did not anticipate is the judges hating Benny's story that much that they hated everything associated with it immediately.

On the plus side, the judges' reactions made for some good reading.

Advertiser
Mar 2, 2007
I'll sell you a dream....
DID YOU GET THE JOB BENNY?

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Advertiser posted:

YES BENNY WE ALL WANT TO KNOW

RIGHT THE gently caress NOW

RIGHT NOW

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Obviously he didn't get it

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Advertiser posted:

The General Manager at the Olive Garden told me I'd get a call back by next week to speak with the district manager. So just like Sears, I'm waiting for a call back. And no, I didn't give a thank you note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Benny the Snake posted:

The General Manager at the Olive Garden told me I'd get a call back by next week to speak with the district manager. So just like Sears, I'm waiting for a call back. And no, I didn't give a thank you note.

Real talk, Benny: Have you followed up on any of your interviews? You know, like, called them? That "don't call us, we'll call you" deal usually doesn't mean they are excited about you, but sometimes being the one that calls back every so often to check up can be good.

Don't call too much, though. And don't call too soon. They might ignore you and start seeing some other bus boy with a bigger twig n' berries.

• Locked thread