Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Oggumogoggum posted:

Oh! That's not in the pack. I was looking at it though, might try it myself.

It is alright, but extensive enough I don't know if it fits in the scope of what you are going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Oggumogoggum posted:

Oh! That's not in the pack. I was looking at it though, might try it myself.

Oh oops. Yeah, that was the one mod I added on.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I don't know if this is possible or not but could one of the LAN coop mods be included in the next chocolate pack or other kits? My major obstacle to getting anyone into it is that it takes too much effort to prepare all the necessary components.

That's like way outside of what morrowind was meant to do or how it was intended to be played.

Not sure if that would qualify under "vanilla, but better" rules.

Also oggum you may want to consider splitting up the chocolate pack if you keep on this addition streak :v: (chocolate, chocolate+, chocolate++). Twin lamps is fun and all, but doesn't fit the vanilla game as much as reduced greetings does.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Mortimer posted:

That's like way outside of what morrowind was meant to do or how it was intended to be played.

Not sure if that would qualify under "vanilla, but better" rules.

Also oggum you may want to consider splitting up the chocolate pack if you keep on this addition streak :v: (chocolate, chocolate+, chocolate++). Twin lamps is fun and all, but doesn't fit the vanilla game as much as reduced greetings does.

If he splits chocolate pack, it should be named something like milka or kinder milchschnitte edition :colbert:

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Oggumogoggum; what are some of the particular gameplay mods you would recommend I try to work out? Obviously Wakim's. What else?

Not that it matters, since my crippling indesciveness prohibits me from settling on a character to play :v:

EDIT: I am looking at adding more flavour to the world. For what it's worth.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Quantumfate posted:

Oggumogoggum; what are some of the particular gameplay mods you would recommend I try to work out? Obviously Wakim's. What else?

Not that it matters, since my crippling indesciveness prohibits me from settling on a character to play :v:

EDIT: I am looking at adding more flavour to the world. For what it's worth.

You should look into some of the mods that add new voices for Dagoth Ur, Vivec & co., as their default voices are plain and somewhat lackluster. As for my own personal recommendation for a gameplay mod, "pilotcountry24's Improved Combat +" mod works wonders for me. Not only does it make the combat leagues better than it used to be (I would swing an axe at a mudcrab for hours without landing a single blow in vanilla Morrowind!) but it also improves the skill system and spells too - say goodbye to Mysticism! Overall, this is one of the better "combat/gameplay overhaul" mods out there.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Quantumfate posted:

It's surprising how little I use mods that affect gameplay aside from balance and minor tweaks. If you want something a little more flavourful than Wakim's, try Super Adventurers. The Indy Bank mod is quite good as well. Traveling Merchants seems to be pretty well done and adds a bunch of merchants with pack guars on roads. Oh, and Vivec Expansion is one gameplay mod I wouldn't play without -- though I remember the 'boss' of the mod to be a bit ridiculous, the atmosphere it adds to the city of Vivec is really good.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

bonzibuddy64 posted:

You should look into some of the mods that add new voices for Dagoth Ur, Vivec & co., as their default voices are plain and somewhat lackluster. As for my own personal recommendation for a gameplay mod, "pilotcountry24's Improved Combat +" mod works wonders for me. Not only does it make the combat leagues better than it used to be (I would swing an axe at a mudcrab for hours without landing a single blow in vanilla Morrowind!) but it also improves the skill system and spells too - say goodbye to Mysticism! Overall, this is one of the better "combat/gameplay overhaul" mods out there.

Getting rid of mysticism is the opposite of improvement.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Could you link to this? A Google search brings up nothing and I don't think I've heard of this

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

I'm reasonably certain bonzibuddy64 is just trolling and no such mod exists.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Oggumogoggum posted:

Yeah, come on guys, the endorsement of the voiced mods for Dagoth Ur and Vivec should be dead giveaways.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I was posting from my phone and didn't even realize who said that, never mind :negative:

Still waiting for my skyrim to morrowind total conversion tho

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

This is probably another installation error I've made, but has anyone encountered all interiors being pitch-black before? Except for the starting ship, I guess.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Alikchi posted:

This is probably another installation error I've made, but has anyone encountered all interiors being pitch-black before? Except for the starting ship, I guess.

Just interiors? Exteriors are fine? That sounds like a lighting or shader issue in MGE

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Alikchi posted:

Disable steam's overlay and see if that helps

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Mortimer posted:

Just interiors? Exteriors are fine? That sounds like a lighting or shader issue in MGE

Yeah, it's definitely MGE, as disabling it altogether fixes the issue, but turning off individual features in MGE seems to have no effect. Gonna keep trying trial & error.

e: Steam overlay seems unconnected.
e2: Some interiors are okay, some aren't. The main buildings in Seyda Neen are pitch black, but a couple shacks outside are fine. Weiiiird.

Alikchi fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 14, 2014

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Yeah the steam overlay problems has never not made my starting ship interior black. Do you have lighting mods installed?

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Yeah the steam overlay problems has never not made my starting ship interior black. Do you have lighting mods installed?

Good catch. It looks like "Morrowind Relighted" came with the Chocolate Pack, along with MGE. I figured they'd play well together - apparently they don't, disabling the mod makes everything fine. Thanks folks.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Oggumogoggum posted:

I'm pretty sure anybody with a reference to Bonzi Buddy in their user name is a troll by default.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Alikchi posted:

Good catch. It looks like "Morrowind Relighted" came with the Chocolate Pack, along with MGE. I figured they'd play well together - apparently they don't, disabling the mod makes everything fine. Thanks folks.

Sorry about that! That mod hasn't given me any issues so far, but maybe it's finicky.

I'm currently sitting at 141 mods. I'd better get that website up and running so I can actually release 1.0. I'm going to test out all the new additions for a good while before I release anything beyond that, though.

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

You want to know my take on the title of the album? Billy and Jimmy always have this bad pun game, is what I call it. It's the bad pun game getting out of control. Embarrassing. Not the name. The name's not really embarrassing. Just the game.
Pillbug

Oggumogoggum posted:

Sorry about that! That mod hasn't given me any issues so far, but maybe it's finicky.

I'm currently sitting at 141 mods. I'd better get that website up and running so I can actually release 1.0. I'm going to test out all the new additions for a good while before I release anything beyond that, though.

Just chiming in to say I'm looking forward to your 1.0 release, I'm going to wait for it before I start playing again - do you have a short summary of the main changes the pack makes?

EDIT: Just found http://adamhollett.com/chocolate-pack-05/ which probably answers my question perfectly :)

ivy fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 14, 2014

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

PxiePip posted:

EDIT: Just found http://adamhollett.com/chocolate-pack-05/ which probably answers my question perfectly :)

The mod description list isn't complete, but it'll be filled out when I've finished making the website for Chocolate Pack. There's an early release of 1.0 a few posts back, but I'm compiling a newer archive with a couple small changes and readme adjustments right now.

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

You want to know my take on the title of the album? Billy and Jimmy always have this bad pun game, is what I call it. It's the bad pun game getting out of control. Embarrassing. Not the name. The name's not really embarrassing. Just the game.
Pillbug

Oggumogoggum posted:

The mod description list isn't complete, but it'll be filled out when I've finished making the website for Chocolate Pack. There's an early release of 1.0 a few posts back, but I'm compiling a newer archive with a couple small changes and readme adjustments right now.

:f5:

I've tried to start playing Morrowind a few times but I'm always put off by the fact that some kind of ninja tries to assassinate me in my sleep and drops a set of armour way better that what I'm wearing in my first hour or two of playing. Is that something that is changed in the Chocolate Pack? I always assumed it was something that everyone modded out, but maybe those item's aren't as good as I think they are.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

PxiePip posted:

:f5:

I've tried to start playing Morrowind a few times but I'm always put off by the fact that some kind of ninja tries to assassinate me in my sleep and drops a set of armour way better that what I'm wearing in my first hour or two of playing. Is that something that is changed in the Chocolate Pack? I always assumed it was something that everyone modded out, but maybe those item's aren't as good as I think they are.

Yes! The mod 'Delayed Dark Brotherhood Attack' ensures that those assassins don't show up until you've gained some fame and reputation in Morrowind, which makes a lot more sense. You shouldn't have to worry about them for quite a while.

Malsgrein fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 14, 2014

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Here's an 'official' post.

Changes since 0.5:

• Mod archives in the Installers folder now have version numbering. Mods that did not have obvious version info have been labeled 'v1.0'.
  • Some multi-archive mods (Book Jackets, NX9's mods) have been combined into one.
  • The pack now includes Wrye Mash, MGE XE, mlox, and Morrowind Font Maker.

Chocolate Pack now includes 100 mod packages, up from 87 since last release.

A full list of mods, links, and descriptions (and chocopack.net) are coming soon. I'm about a month away from finishing a college program in Technical Writing, so I've been pretty busy.

Download the pack (557 MB):

From ge.tt
From MediaFire
From staglanparty.com (thanks Bone_Enterprise)

(For those of you who downloaded this last week from staglanparty, don't worry -- the only changes are a readme update and the inclusion of Wrye Mash.)

Malsgrein fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 14, 2014

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
gently caress. I just started a game with 0.5. Oh well.

Speaking of which, I installed this alongside MGSO and found a Daedric dagger underneath the Redoran canton worth 10,000 septims. Is that normal?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

horse mans posted:

Speaking of which, I installed this alongside MGSO and found a Daedric dagger underneath the Redoran canton worth 10,000 septims. Is that normal?

Possibly? There's an ebony shortword in the hills around Odai Plateau that I've only ever been able to grab with MGSO installed.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

horse mans posted:

Yes, don't look at this if you don't want the locations of every daedric item spoiled for you http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Daedric

UESP has lists of everything, it's nuts.

also about that ebony shortsword, it's probably a mod that move its because "Odai Plateau (-5,-5) (bugged, underneath the ground)"

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

horse mans posted:

Yeah, that's always been there.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Yes, don't look at this if you don't want the locations of every daedric item spoiled for you http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Daedric

UESP has lists of everything, it's nuts.

also about that ebony shortsword, it's probably a mod that move its because "Odai Plateau (-5,-5) (bugged, underneath the ground)"

i swear the one time i found it was on the original xbox version of morrowind

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

Pillbug

horse mans posted:

Did you have to do anything special or omit much stuff from Choco Pack to get them to play nice together?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Hey guys, thought I'd drop by again to let you know about the latest edition of Morrowind: Gold Edition. Basically, I feel there are too many mods and mod packs that change the core gameplay and story to an extent that it doesn't even really feel like Morrowind anymore. M:GE instead aims to be the be-all end-all pack of bugfixes, graphical enhancements and general gameplay improvements while being loyal to the base game.

It's still in alpha and is very much a work in progress, but I feel like a mod like this should exist for those first-time players who want the true experience. It isn't available for download yet, but here is a sneak preview/demo of the latest patch 0.37 and some of the improvements and fixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_3IWDlSWzA

bonzibuddy64 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 15, 2014

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I like the fact that you embedded it, but intentionally turned off embedding.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Video ends with a quick glimpse of a crash dialog. Perfect.

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
Just installed MSGO after playing with 5-6 mods a couple years ago. But I'm noticing the graphics extender that's included in it isn't extending the draw distance like what I was using before. Previously I could see Red Mountain from all the way out in Solstheim and now even with the distance set to 50 it's not even close. Should I look for another draw-distance extender or am I just not using the one he included correctly?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
What's a good player home to install on top of MGSO and Chocolate?

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Is there anything finicky you need to do to get Morrowind + MGE to run on Windows 8, different from 7?

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

horse mans posted:

What's a good player home to install on top of MGSO and Chocolate?

I've always been fond of the Bank Mod for buyable player housing. You'll need this mod and this updated esp.

And let me know how Chocolate Pack works with MGSO! I'd love to hear about any conflicts or errors.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Using it with MGSO here, but I've slowly been installing mods on my Morrowind MGSO install so I won't know until I actually get down to playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Riversideblues posted:

Just installed MSGO after playing with 5-6 mods a couple years ago. But I'm noticing the graphics extender that's included in it isn't extending the draw distance like what I was using before. Previously I could see Red Mountain from all the way out in Solstheim and now even with the distance set to 50 it's not even close. Should I look for another draw-distance extender or am I just not using the one he included correctly?

Probably you not putting the right settings in. Select "high" from the MGSO menu or whatever it is and try that.