Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
THANK GOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Thank god

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

There is a god

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
:siren: Brains finally lived up to their name. Finally. :siren:

ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?
Sweet loving relief.

beetee
May 10, 2006
Goodbye sweet J'tia. You were probably in the top 3 worst players in Survivor history.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

LeJackal posted:

Malcolm and Denise are so well known because what they did was so improbable. The chances of Tasha/Kass pulling out after getting shuffled into two nearly full, tight alliance tribes is.....unlikely.
Tribes that haven't gone to tribal much always have a bunch of fractures in them. Just look at Brawn trying to throw the challenge. But my other point is, if you end up being merged or shuffled at 3 instead of 2, well, I don't think that makes a lot of difference.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Smell ya later J'tia

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They did what they should have done the first time they went to tribal.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves: she lost Survivor, not her job in the nuclear power plant.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Mindblowing it too so long to remove J'Tia.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

LeJackal posted:

Malcolm and Denise are so well known because what they did was so improbable. The chances of Tasha/Kass pulling out after getting shuffled into two nearly full, tight alliance tribes is.....unlikely.

The two tight alliances that are already fractured? What season are you watching?

fake edit: oh, hey a new page.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Ghostpilot posted:

Hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves: she lost Survivor, not her job in the nuclear power plant.

Access codes are being changed right now.

beetee
May 10, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

Which scares the crap out of me.. What state does she work in? I need to check if I'm out of the blast radius.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
It is really hilariously ironic that if they'd just booted Jtia first, and kept Garret, they could have won some challenges rather than setting records for futility.

Binary Logic posted:

Access codes are being changed right now.

Come on, 00000000 worked for years, why change now?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Recursive posted:

It is really hilariously ironic that if they'd just booted Jtia first, and kept Garret, they could have won some challenges rather than setting records for futility.

For smart people, they failed to realize that dumbass Garret was no end-game threat, but a early-game asset. I agree with Kass from the preview, they're the crap-for-brains tribe.

Speaking of, it looks like a big old tribe shuffle!

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

beetee posted:

Which scares the crap out of me.. What state does she work in? I need to check if I'm out of the blast radius.

Illinois, at the Argonne National Laboratory, literally 7 miles from my house.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

sleepingbuddha posted:

Move.

beetee
May 10, 2006

sleepingbuddha posted:

Sorry to hear that. Can I have your stuff?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

beetee posted:

Sorry to hear that. Can I have your stuff?

If there is anything left in the rubble.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Look at the bright side, you may just end up resembling your avatar!

Edit: Oh hey, I made that. :v: vvv

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 13, 2014

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

:shrug::shrug:

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

sleepingbuddha posted:

Ooh, that's in that central dark red zone in the middle. Sorry for your loss.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This season is glorious. I still can't get over a smarty-pants beauty psych major NOT KNOWING HOW loving CHICKENS.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm in the middle of watching this and I don't want to be "that guy" but holy loving poo poo how useless is J'Tia

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dear God, the Brains tribe is terrible. J'tia is obviously the worst of the bunch but she's completely distracting everyone from how bad the lot of them are. I was all prepared to give Spencer a pass since he carried them in that challenge but his Council performance didn't exactly convince me this is a guy with Survivor game. He got lucky Tash and Kass went the way they did because he sure wasn't making too strong a case.

And drat Brawn going all to hell. Sarah and Woo, I believed in you and then you turned on Uncle Cliffy over nothing? Woo didn't even need Crazy Cop's transparent lie to be convinced. He just goes "Cliff's old and rich" and he's turned? drat Woo. You suck. It doesn't even make sense. Why are you turning on the buddy who everyone agrees doesn't need the money? That's who I want at the end.

And Beauty. Dear lord. The funny thing about that egg thing is it sounded like a couple of them knew the right answer but they obviously weren't sure of it. And LJ's weird rear end dinosaur thing. It made me almost entirely forget how bad Morgan looked this episode with her "hey, Jeremiah did it all" and "he's not even that beautiful" stuff.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm in the middle of watching this and I don't want to be "that guy" but holy loving poo poo how useless is J'Tia

Welcome to the 'that guy' club. I think we have at least two pages worth of such insightful commentary about J'Tia.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LeJackal posted:

Welcome to the 'that guy' club. I think we have at least two pages worth of such insightful commentary about J'Tia.

sorry. I'm in a house full of sleeping people and I had to let out my "gently caress J'Tia" frustrations.

I figured all of the unsure bullshit was just editing to make an obvious boot more dramatic, but it's the Brains tribe, so I wouldn't have been surprised.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, I'm sure the debate actually happened. Tasha and Kass did seem to genuinely be debating the decision in council, especially Tash.

On some level it made sense. Its a safe bet that a swap or something is coming up soon. They genuinely trust J'tia to be loyal to them if they all end up on the same tribe while Spencer obviously could jump ship. And even if the swap/merge didn't come next and they go back to council J'tia goes easy and being a minority of two on a tribe isn't that much strategically worse than a minority of three.

It was stupid when Brains were thinking Day 39 on Day 1, because you have to survive the first stage of this game before you worry about the second. But now its like Day 12 and the first stage is all but over. They were essentially conceding that they lost this part of the game and gambling on the best way to set up the second part.

It was the "Garrett vs J'tia" debate all over again. Two bad choices and a certain amount of logic behind both of them. Ultimately I think they made the right call (or at least the easy one you don't have to second guess yourself on) but I don't even think it makes a huge difference at this stage. They're at the mercy of Survivor twists at this stage and I don't think any of them are competent enough players to turn things in their favor.

Although there are very few good gamers emerging so the second stage of this game is likely to devolve into more madcap antics and I guess anyone could come out the other side of that. At this stage I wouldn't bet on anyone.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 13, 2014

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I believe the merge is gonna be a cluster gently caress just like how Philippines season was at the merge.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

When they merge with three tribes, do they form two new tribes or do we head straight to individual immunity?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

^^^^ I'm thinking it's going to be a Super Tribe merge and then people will scramble for the majority numbers to form Voltron. ^^^^

Nexal posted:

I believe the merge is gonna be a cluster gently caress just like how Philippines season was at the merge.
All of the HIIs have been claimed and one has walked off of the island with Garrett (or was it Dave?) I think the next curveball will be a new HII planted at the new merge camp to make up for the one that left in pocket.

Because MORE HIIs = MORE FUN! :toot:

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 13, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I completely forgot the idols. Who has them? LJ and Tony?

It feels kind of early for a merge. There's still 14 people, right? 6 Brawn + 5 Beauty + 3 Brain? So I'd guess two 7 person tribes with a random shakeup and then merge at 10.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I just watched the episode.

Oh my god it's a Christmas miracle.

I love the shrug and disappointed silence.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

I completely forgot the idols. Who has them? LJ and Tony?

It feels kind of early for a merge. There's still 14 people, right? 6 Brawn + 5 Beauty + 3 Brain? So I'd guess two 7 person tribes with a random shakeup and then merge at 10.

They will probably do a shake up to 7vs7 but the full merge will probably be at 12. The last few seasons they have done a tribe swap with a full merge like 2 tribals later.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
J'Tia was obviously terrible, but I really think Tasha is almost as bad in terms of making terrible decisions. The flag didn't need to be placed perfectly, it just needed to be on the mat and for everyone to pull at the same time. The other teams had the callers call when to pull, Brains didn't. And the waffling between who to kick out, when J'tia should have been gone two episodes ago (not only is she the anchor in challenges, she dumped out the rice for gently caress's sake!), it's clear she is not a good player.

That said, the INSTANT Spencer gets to the merge/tribe swap (if he does, since he's almost certainly going out if Brains goes to Tribal again), he's going to flip to another alliance.

Edit: I don't understand why people go on Survivor without knowing how to swim, there's always a bunch of challenges that involve swimming.

Piell fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 13, 2014

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Is there any really "strong" alliances that could actually last far into the game this year though? It may just be the smaller tribes, but I couldn't imagine any of these tribes keeping their "core" strong to run the others out. Maybe the Beauty tribe minus Morgan would stay together, but Brawn should implode soon.

And hell, its not like Kass and Tasha wont be heading for the lifeboats just like Spencer the second they get the chance.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Well, thanks to tribe swap it's basically all up for grabs. Do y'all think it's 2 tribes or what?

Brains: scattered, with a possible twosome making big moves.

Brawn: Cliffy and Woo GO GO GO! Otherwise, decimated.

Beauty: who the gently caress is Kelly?

This season is seriously the best since Cook Islands.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If they can manage to get on the same tribe at some point, I think Spencer and Woo will end up being a thing that owns a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The brains tribe is so terrible at challenges that they were beaten by a tribe that was actively attempting to lose. This is hilarious, Spencer is more physically and mentally competent than all the rest of them put together, I can't wait to see what he can do post merge.

I like to think that Spencer is what would be created if Cochran had a love child with Corrine.

• Locked thread