Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Ferrinus posted:

i bet a lot of people making fun of 5e are fans of 13th age, even though the two are the same drat game

the 13th age necromancer sucks, im going to play everlasting book of the undying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

oh boy, hope my players dont try to gently caress corpses just to get a feat on the 'book of vile darkness'

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
you never have to do anything to qualify for a feat, you just say it's in your backstory

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Don't worry, that feat is low tier.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

you never have to do anything to qualify for a feat, you just say it's in your backstory

what if i want to do it :mrgw:

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Ferrinus posted:

*drops huge manuscript in front of GM, making a loud thud* It's in my biography. Your move, creep.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Plutonis posted:

That's on you then.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Also is that duck thing a real adventure book? I badly need to read it.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Plutonis posted:

you shouldn't want to do anything, the optimal roleplaying character is a dour 90s antihero with no family, friends, holdings, or desires and therefore nothing that could possibly be attacked or leveraged

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Old_Man_Henderson

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ferrinus posted:

you shouldn't want to do anything, the optimal roleplaying character is a dour 90s antihero with no family, friends, holdings, or desires and therefore nothing that could possibly be attacked or leveraged

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm detecting dangerous levels of win here

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

i'm detecting dangerous levels of win here

lol an ad for a touhou rp community

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Plutonis posted:

oh boy, hope my players dont try to gently caress corpses just to get a feat on the 'book of vile darkness'

what if they try and get shot down

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

*makes character that is normally adjusted*

*GM has my family murdered, my significant other raped to death, my dog raped to death, everything i have burned or looted and everyone i love hate me*

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Plutonis posted:

*makes character that is normally adjusted*

*GM has my family murdered, my significant other raped to death, my dog raped to death, everything i have burned or looted and everyone i love hate me*

it could happen to you.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Ferrinus posted:

it could happen to you.

the statistics don't lie here.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

When someone decides to roll to turn you on, you don’t
get to block that move by insisting that you’re straight
(or any other convenient excuse that you’ve got up your
sleeves.) The dice decide whether this sexy person’s sexy
behavior gains them a String on you.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
look, roleplaying games are nothing more than venues for long-form psychological abuse and any argument to the contrary is a delusion

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
that's not a decision we can make for our characters

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i lust for GMdeath

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Attorney at Funk posted:

look, roleplaying games are nothing more than venues for long-form psychological abuse and any argument to the contrary is a delusion

actually, attorney

it's a challenge

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hey guys what is the best music to play on a badass encounter against orcs: korn or dream theater

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plutonis posted:

hey guys what is the best music to play on a badass encounter against orcs: korn or dream theater
Korn for orcs, Dream Theater for trolls.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

look man i watched the lord of the rings the real answer is orchestral bullshit

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Plutonis posted:

Bolt Thrower

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LSTB posted:

Bolt Thrower

i said orcs, not orks

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Demetori

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LSTB posted:

CROW'S CLAW

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
skrillx

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Plutonis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIc4VHxU7iM&t=8s

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

This pwns.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
If there isn't a scene where you think "Misirlou would be really good here" the session was a failure.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Late to this but...

Plutonis posted:

winson change the name of the tradgames forum to dndoobie's storygaming house

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

doobies & dog houses

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
OK, fine, great, RPGs are ways for maladjusted nerds to sexually abuse one another, w/e, but seriously

Why won't anyone tell me about this

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mystic Mongol posted:

OK, fine, great, RPGs are ways for maladjusted nerds to sexually abuse one another, w/e, but seriously

Why won't anyone tell me about this

No one may answer the Nine Questions for them. To be men, strong and true, they must seek.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Watching 32d20 RATS and SAVE JIM happen was pretty great. Probably the most fun I've had with D&D Next

Playing in that session that was actually really fun and cool.

Also I think basically it shows that rules don't matter too much.

Like, you can use objectively/actively bad rules and still have a good time.

• Locked thread