Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

angrynaut posted:

Also goddamn what sixteen year old has a neck that thick

Enjoy your 2014 St Kilda supplements scandal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Yes, it was public knowledge that Bailey had cancer, but obviously it's not something that people brought up too often. The club gave updates on it from time to time. Sanderson commented less than a week ago that the cancer was an extremely aggressive form and that Bailey had an uphill battle ahead of him. Sadly, the words proved very correct.

It annoys me so much that Bailey was made the scapegoat for Melbourne's tanking and had to sit out what ended up being his final year of football.

Really tragic news, I feel so bad for his family. Champion bloke that everybody loved.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

angrynaut posted:

Saints just "signed" another Kiwi kid up to their development scholarship thing

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-11/saints-sign-mountainous-kiwi

Hopefully one of them works out well, we could use a break. Also goddamn what sixteen year old has a neck that thick

"Giovanni Mountain-Silbery"

I am loving pumped, hope he ends up playing. Even if he's shithouse I just wanna yell his name :v:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Stumbletron posted:

"Giovanni Mountain-Silbery"

Bad rear end, when he fails to kick a goal he'll cut one of his team mates in half.

I think I've pretty much finalised my supercoach team now besides the emergency rookies pending selection news. I figured with the autodraft screwing me in Ultimate Footy and giving me a team full of geriatrics which is a huge risk, I may as well roll the dice with another risk in supercoach too. Decided to go for a strategy that worked really well for a friend last year - go into the season with about $500k still in the bank, the team starts off as a big risk, and you'll burn through some trades early, but with some time to assess in the first few weeks you got the cash to make some smart trades early on. He came home with a hell of a wet sail last year and smashed everyone in our league after losing I think the first 5 rounds. So it'll either be a similar success or I can throw my hat in the ring to be Paul Roos' successor if it's an abject failure.

And speaking of the deamons. That's so sad about Bailey , I remember hearing about it but just figured it would be one of those things where he fights it and then he beats it or if he didn't it would be known pretty far in advance that he was a losing battle ... but god drat that was quick. It must have been really advanced when he was diagnosed? There was just something really likable about Bailey.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
It will be a different year for supercoach at least - the Guns and Rookies approach got nerfed in the offseason and many of the most obvious rookies have been given much higher starting salaries. This coupled with some ridiculous mid price options (a fit Aaron Sandilands at 330k lmao) mean it's going to be quite a different year.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Just in case you hadn't seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBdV536X7o

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I think I'll leave that till I get home so I don't end up tearing up in my lecture if it is what I think it is.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Had my Supercoach draft last night. That was one of the most painful 2 hours of my life. Everything about it was awful. If ultimate footy is even slightly better I'm going to be all over that poo poo next year.

I'm disappointed I didn't do it with you goons this year, despite being fundamentally sound, I really hated the interface from a couple of years ago. I totally forgot the fact The Age had purchased it and most likely overhauled the visuals.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

xcore posted:

Had my Supercoach draft last night. That was one of the most painful 2 hours of my life. Everything about it was awful. If ultimate footy is even slightly better I'm going to be all over that poo poo next year.

I'm disappointed I didn't do it with you goons this year, despite being fundamentally sound, I really hated the interface from a couple of years ago. I totally forgot the fact The Age had purchased it and most likely overhauled the visuals.

Ultimate footy isn't perfect. You can't really see what team you've drafted already really well, and the timer was a bit off, but other than that it went off without a hitch (except for the people who missed and didn't set a preferred list of players)

I liked reading this, soccer as footy http://www.shootfarken.com.au/indispensable-football-fans-guide-to-afl-2014/

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I finally remembered to get my SuperCoach team ready last night; after 90 minutes of research and selections I had all but 2 defenders selected, and clicked on a player to get complete stats.

This, of course, took me to a new page, and wiped out the previous 90 minutes work because it wasn't saved.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
TG is that you who was just retweeted by Carlton FC?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

NTRabbit posted:

I finally remembered to get my SuperCoach team ready last night; after 90 minutes of research and selections I had all but 2 defenders selected, and clicked on a player to get complete stats.

This, of course, took me to a new page, and wiped out the previous 90 minutes work because it wasn't saved.

oh god that is terrible design

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

This also happen to me but I got into the habit of hitting print screen every few minutes because I realised it was inevitably going to happen. So it only cost me like 2 mins tops.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gabensraum posted:

Picture in his account of Tony Abbot as a literal dick head, yup that's our TG Chrono.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I vaguely remembered most of who I had, and still had a few tabs of obscure rookies open so it didn't take too long to fix.

Also, just joined the Goon league because why not.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

gabensraum posted:

Ha! Yes it was.

E: all about hats too

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 12, 2014

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

TG-Chrono posted:

Ha! Yes it was.

E: all about hats too

I made the Vietnam comment.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

gabensraum posted:

I chortled. Now you have an even more direct feed to my poo poo opinions.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

gabensraum posted:

I can't believe I fell for that ISBN thing in your profile.
I thought it was a real book.

SIKE

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Go Hawks.

That is all.
:colbert:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

OzCavalier posted:

Go Hawks.

That is all.
:colbert:

You should watch this then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYvtjcy9a1s

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Lists out tomorrow then one more sleep! So glad it's back!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
well week 5 for afl 9's didn't go so well, we lost second week in a row. then some chick on the other team spent 5 minutes paying out on the 14yr old ump after the game. some people.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

pkid posted:

I can't believe I fell for that ISBN thing in your profile.
I thought it was a real book.

SIKE

Been there for a couple of years and you're the first to have looked it up (or admitted to). So thanks!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Still and empty spot in the Supercoach league. Anyone not joined it yet and is meant to?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

gabensraum posted:

Been there for a couple of years and you're the first to have looked it up (or admitted to). So thanks!

I used to read these spy/choose your own adventure books as a kid and they said the ISBN was your International Spy Bureau Number. This has lodged in my brain and now whenever I see one I look it up.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Yeah I saw that one. Reminded me a lot of the 2008 doco.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I stayed up too late watching that. I particularly liked the bits about Hodge's half-time talk and people telling Isaac Smith just to calm down after he kicked that goal..

But now it's all on the table again.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Just spent the last forever tweaking Supercoach.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Waiting for the lists to come out before making my final changes. Most of them will be regarding rookies playing in round 1.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

Waiting for the lists to come out before making my final changes. Most of them will be regarding rookies playing in round 1.

Lemmens and Martin at the Suns have been named.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I guess now is as good a time as any. Really anywhere from 4th to 13th is a mixup:

Hawthorn
Freo
Sydney
West Coast
Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon*
Richmond
----
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Adelaide
Geelong
Gold Coast
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne
GWS
St. Kilda

*Depends on Essendon not being hosed by more scandal related drama.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

What makes you think Carlton are going to improve?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

What makes you think Carlton are going to improve?

Another year in the Malthouse system. Better midfield.

Loss of Betts means finding 50 odd goals from somewhere though and still a massive question as to who will replace Waite when he gets injured.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Don't forget to put your Tips in, or join us in the goon tipping competition.

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SASTips
PW: goons

Deadly Hume, are you able to send out an email via the site to remind people about the competition?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I've just joined the tipping comp.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've given all forms of fantasy football the flick this year as it was consuming too much of my time. On the bright side I guess I have a couple of minutes a week to put tips in now so I'll join that.

I'm feeling amazingly confident about Hawthorn this year. I thought last year might be our last real chance with this group but it has just regenerated with new faces so quickly, and our aging midfield doesn't seem so old anymore.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is footytips really slow for anyone else? It isn't unusable just a bit annoying. Another question, are we picking winning margins or just winners?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

15min until teams get named! :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

drunkill posted:

Don't forget to put your Tips in, or join us in the goon tipping competition.

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SASTips
PW: goons

Deadly Hume, are you able to send out an email via the site to remind people about the competition?
I'm the administrator now? :stare:

If I can, I will.

EDIT: OK I just spammed everyone.

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 13, 2014

• Locked thread