Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Minidust posted:

You have to back out to the main menu of the app, then select WWE Network.

How do I get to the main menu? It opens up to the splash screen I described and if I hit the back button from there it just closes the app. The menu button give me "settings" and "about" which aren't any help either.

e: ok there's a tiny arrow at the top left of the screen that was just taking me to the video before that gave me a menu this time, maybe I was missing it when I tapped it before.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

IcePhoenix posted:

How do I get to the main menu? It opens up to the splash screen I described and if I hit the back button from there it just closes the app. The menu button give me "settings" and "about" which aren't any help either.
weird, on the iPhone I just tap the menu button in the upper-left corner of the splash screen...

And it takes me here:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Minidust posted:

weird, on the iPhone I just tap the menu button in the upper-left corner of the splash screen...

Yeah, on android that menu button is replaced by a tiny goddamn arrow that my fat fingers have trouble triggering apparently

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

JPrime posted:

Watching RR93...holy crap. After the Michaels/Jannetty match, Sherri is hysterical backstge, and Gene nearly slaps her to get her to calm down. "Dammit, Sherri!" :stonk:

The best part is Shawn comes back to yell at Sherri, then Jannetty jumps him and in them midst of the brawl this random loving orange comes flying at the screen. I kills me every time.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The Undertaker hit Mr. Kennedy with the championship.
The ref called a DQ and declared Mr. Kennedy the winner.
The Undertaker tried to chokeslam the ref.
Then the Undertaker tombstoned Mr. Kennedy.
After 5 minutes to calm down, the Undertaker tombstoned the ref.

Conclusion: The Undertaker is stupid, does not know the rules, and should be suspended for roid rage.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Newest Wrestlemania rewind is Austin/HBK? :dance: This is gonna rock.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Retromancer posted:

Hey, Rumble 2014 is up. now we can watch Batista get booed out of the building anytime we want!

it's called "monday night"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

freeranger posted:

Another Aussie signing in. Running the network thru Unlocator. Seems to stream the live stuf fine, but I am having a lot of trouble with the older VOD content. It seems to be very very hit and miss for me. Mostly miss. I get the rating video no worries but then I just get the spinning circle a lot and then an error. Refreshing works rarely.

When it does work it's almost instant video.

Any suggestions for me?

I had almost zero luck with Chrome, which is my regular browser. I figured it was probably because of all of the addons and scripts it was running, so I'm using a bare-bones FireFox install to run it. It can take a little while (~30 seconds) to get the video to start up, and switching positions to the match I want can trigger the same thing, but apart from that it's been great. Really good quality as well.

edit: this includes the live stream, the load times and quality.

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 13, 2014

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not that I expect them to add this feature now, but one thing that really sold me on Netflix was the ability for the software to always remember what I was watching and where I stopped it, even for multiple shows/movies. I could start watching at home, pick it right up on my tablet while on the go, and finish it up at a friend's house later. The Network not having a queue or a 'Recently Watched' section (unless I'm missing it), especially when they advertise that it works across many devices, is a big whiff for me.

Yeah, this and custom playlists are the biggest missing pieces right now in my view. I've been watching old Raws in order lately and it's annoying to have to go back to the menu to select the next one in between shows, especially as have to get up to mess with the laptop plugged into the TV (and usually disturb a cat in doing so).

Edit: the photo of Hogan they use to promote his WM IX title win is fantastic. Smug look, nasty black eye.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 13, 2014

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I can't seem to go back to previous years for Mania, RR, Summerslam etc. on the 360. Anything they haven't done in a while works okay, though.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It looks like 3 new Raws from 1993 went up. Am I right in assuming they are slowly adding them a few at a time? Jannetty taking the IC belt off Michaels was a cool moment from when I was a kid.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

triplexpac posted:

I think stuff like this always ties back into the reports that "WWE is surprised at the number of people interested in the back catalogue"

What the gently caress else would people be interested in? Countdown?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Nut Bunnies posted:

I think they figured most people would just view the "live" channel, and not dig back for things.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

OGB posted:

I think they figured most people would just view the "live" channel, and not dig back for things.

This is probably correct, but why bother offering the huge back catalog if it was believed no one would bother watching it? Seems like a significant resource drain.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Clearly they just expect everyone to continue to watch In Your House: Rage In the Cage on their VHS they own, while eating their WWF Ice Cream bars and talk about them in the WWF AOL chat-room.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Q7kid posted:

This is probably correct, but why bother offering the huge back catalog if it was believed no one would bother watching it? Seems like a significant resource drain.

Probably because people are used to places like Netflix and Hulu having back catalogs, and in this case it costs them very little beyond conversion and storage.

I think they knew it had some value, they just underestimated the demand.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

OGB posted:

This would be probably the dumbest assumption ever, and involve them not talking to anyone who had any interest in using the network.

So what I'm saying is I think you're right.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I mean I'm not shocked, since the company is extremely tone deaf. But even looking past the fact that the back catalog is the draw, there really isn't anything to do BUT watch back catalog stuff right now. There's like 3 episodes each of Countdown and WM Rewind, plus some pre-shows and recap shows.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Nut Bunnies posted:

I got the Network for the PPVs and the back catalog, but I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed Countdown and WrestleMania Rewind. I just wish there was more of them.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I forget, was there a new NXT tonight?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BigRed0427 posted:

I forget, was there a new NXT tonight?

I did the same thing and thought NXT would be tonight but apparently it's on Thursday.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Shima Honnou posted:

I did the same thing and thought NXT would be tonight but apparently it's on Thursday.

Phew....Daylight savings times has kind of messed me up.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TL posted:

I got the Network for the PPVs and the back catalog, but I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed Countdown and WrestleMania Rewind. I just wish there was more of them.

Same here. That first Rewind episode was really good, and Countdown takes itself juuuuust seriously enough to be good fun. I wish they had more of the Legends of Wrestling round tables up, but they're trickling them out so that'll keep adding up over time.

I'm still able to watch pretty much anything whenever without hiccups. I'm using Safari on my laptop and the PS3 app, and going through Unblock-Us. If quality dips, it's because of my line, not the software. It did freeze up on me during WM XIX the other night JUST as Brock was looking at the ropes to go up and kill himself with the SSP, which was a great disappointment, but otherwise it's been completely without problems.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Legends of Wrestling roundtable is great too. Watched all the one's that are available so far.

Them being surprised at people going through the archives is another sign of how out of touch they are with their customer base. While the free PPVs going forward was their biggest selling point, the archives was right up there with it for me and I believe many others. Being able to re-live matches we saw as kids or watch PPVs we never got a chance to see. I was surprised at how little content they had in the archives at launch to be honest. I assumed they would have had 100+ episodes of RAW to go through from the beginning. Basically I thought they'd have the RAW/Smackdown up where every major event took place.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I think part of reason for their underestimation of the appeal of the archives is that until relatively late in the planning stages they were trying to launch it as a traditional televised cable/satellite network. They're probably still to some extent stuck that mindset and expected people to be more oriented to the live stream.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm trying to watch Survivor Series 88, and I am getting "General Error" and I'm unable to watch.

e: ps4

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Thauros posted:

I think part of reason for their underestimation of the appeal of the archives is that until relatively late in the planning stages they were trying to launch it as a traditional televised cable/satellite network. They're probably still to some extent stuck that mindset and expected people to be more oriented to the live stream.

The gradual death of cable style entertainment in favor of streaming and viewer's choice type stuff will probably have that effect on a lot of companies over the next decade, WWE is just one the more obvious ones because it's got a literal dinosaur in the head office (Along with the man who owns that dinosaur, Vince McMahon).

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Thauros posted:

They should have done better than airing Superstars/Main Event 4 times a day and the same wrestlemania twice a day if they really wanted to focus on the live events. With all the stuff they've already got in their library I'm really surprised when I see the same episode of Superstars at least 4 times a week

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Flameingblack posted:

They should have done better than airing Superstars/Main Event 4 times a day and the same wrestlemania twice a day if they really wanted to focus on the live events. With all the stuff they've already got in their library I'm really surprised when I see the same episode of Superstars at least 4 times a week

Honestly you have to wonder why they don't pad it out by going aaaaall the way into their tape library and just starting from Episode 1 with this poo poo.

I can understand replays, because they happen all the time on regular channels as well, but pad out your original programming with all the non-original yet insanely vast programming. Then once it's done its rounds, migrate it into the On Demand part of the library

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Frilled Lizard posted:

I'm in the States but had the same problem. I typically use Firefox, and live content/newer VOD works fine, but for older VOD I have to use IE. Not really sure why that is, but it solves it.

Thanks for that, it also solved my issues. Weird but all well, at least it's going for me now :)

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Ha, watching Episode 4 of Raw right now. I'd heard about this for years but never actually seen it. Brutus Beefcake in the ring, running down the sob story about his parents dying, his wife leaving him and his para-sailing accident and someone in the crowd yells "THEN KILL YOURSELF!!!"

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Perry Normal posted:

Ha, watching Episode 4 of Raw right now. I'd heard about this for years but never actually seen it. Brutus Beefcake in the ring, running down the sob story about his parents dying, his wife leaving him and his para-sailing accident and someone in the crowd yells "THEN KILL YOURSELF!!!"

I caught this too and it's crystal clear.
Also I can't get the dubbed WCW Too Cold Scorpio music out of my head.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The next Wrestlemania Rewind is the absolute definition of faaaaarrrrrttttt

"Rewind and relive TWO John Cena classics against The Big Show from WrestleMania XX AND versus JBL from WrestleMania 21!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, that just puts into perspective that it's been ten years and his character hasn't changed a lick.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DeathChicken posted:

Man, that just puts into perspective that it's been ten years and his character hasn't changed a lick.

Uhh, he was a rapper back then. Totally different from being The Marine.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

The next Wrestlemania Rewind is the absolute definition of faaaaarrrrrttttt

"Rewind and relive TWO John Cena classics against The Big Show from WrestleMania XX AND versus JBL from WrestleMania 21!"

The Big Show match is actually decent, and that Cena entrance is amazing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

The Big Show match is actually decent, and that Cena entrance is amazing.

yea, but it's not worthy of a Rewind episode. Oh well.

I'm so drat giddy for the Taker/Shawn WM 25 episode though. I hope they do a Summerslam rewind when we get closer to this year's event.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Watching Flair/Hogan from MSG in 91 and they're attempting to black out Flair's "Real World Title"; the censoring is real bad, though, and you can clearly see that it's just one of the Tag Team Titles. I had always heard about that, but never saw it until now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Thauros posted:

This is also a complete guess, but I am wondering if WWE figured that the majority of people would sign up and just for the $10 live PPV, and not really bother with the archives or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

This is also a complete guess, but I am wondering if WWE figured that the majority of people would sign up and just for the $10 live PPV, and not really bother with the archives or anything.

I don't think there's a simple answer, honestly.

There's the act of digitizing a lot of the old stuff, the general hubris of WWE that people would care more about recent content, an underestimation of archival interest in general, not wanting to burden the system with too much stuff before they saw how everything was going to work, a lack of desire to waste man hours getting all of this poo poo up in the event the network bombed, etc.

I was a tiny bit let down by the dearth of archive stuff at first, but they seem to be responding to what people want by increasing the pace at which things are being placed on there, so I really can't complain.

Things haven't been perfect but they're legitimately responding to criticisms customers are making and that's all you can really ask for. They do a lot of poo poo wrong these days, but they've absolutely loving nailed this Network as far as I'm concerned.