Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ufarn posted:

These fashion/pop-culture bloggers had some good comments on it.

I guess the most interesting comparisons would be to the videogame or Project Rooftop.

Uh, he looks more like a speed-skater than a racing driver. Y'know, dudes who are all about GOTTA GO FAST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Suit should've been filled with speed holes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Suit should've been filled with speed holes.

Well, yeah, everyone knows they make you go faster. Could probably have used some flames on the sides, too.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Well, as footage shows, he can actually move in the suit, certainly enough to do the whole 'bend his arms and run' thing, which is expected to be the majority of action one assumes. Head turning however still needs to be validated. Maybe he should talk to Bruce Wayne about it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I think it looks pretty goofy, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it looks fine in proper lighting when filmed with proper cameras and shot correctly, etc. It's not like they don't do any tests before they finalize the design.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Eh. I mean. He looks like a superhero in broad daylight, and we all know what superheroes in broad daylight look like (cosplayers).

It does look vaguely more 20th century than 21st century, somehow, I can't really put my finger on it (maybe it's the shoulder padding?)

I like the costume though. It looks suitably dweeby enough for what I think a scientist-turned-superhero would don.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

Well, clocktower and "Archer" are pretty obviously the Birds and Ra's (maybe Nyssa, I guess?) but I'm not sure about the rest.

Or Merlyn.

I'm struggling with the "question" and "blank expression" clues not both being the Question.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I will say, the costume is fine, but he really kinda looks like Affleck's Daredevil outfit...Just a really dull color scheme. I wonder if there will be much post effect work to make his yellow lining stand out more.

It looks like he's wearing a really loose mesh motorcycle suit. But maybe it's just the first iteration of his outfit, story-wise, and it was never fitted to him specifically.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Drifter posted:

I will say, the costume is fine, but he really kinda looks like Affleck's Daredevil outfit...Just a really dull color scheme. I wonder if there will be much post effect work to make his yellow lining stand out more.

It looks like he's wearing a really loose mesh motorcycle suit. But maybe it's just the first iteration of his outfit, story-wise, and it was never fitted to him specifically.

Of course if superhero suits were as tight as comics and cartoons then the actors actually wouldn't be able to bend their arms and legs or run or jump or turn their heads. I think Michael Keaton literally couldn't turn his head in the first Burton Batman?

Then again I'm never terribly critical of superhero outfits personally as pretty much all of them, from comics to movies, are some version of goofy. This one looks fine, I'm actually surprised they went as far as a chest logo and lightning "ears."

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
In other DC news... motherfuckin Constantine! It's a little more up in the air for pickup being on NBC, but it could fit well with the kind of genre network they've become in recent years.

I think it looks great. He's got the smug down pat. Just needs some Lucky Strikes and scotch.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 14, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kibayasu posted:

Of course if superhero suits were as tight as comics and cartoons then the actors actually wouldn't be able to bend their arms and legs or run or jump or turn their heads. I think Michael Keaton literally couldn't turn his head in the first Burton Batman?

Then again I'm never terribly critical of superhero outfits personally as pretty much all of them, from comics to movies, are some version of goofy. This one looks fine, I'm actually surprised they went as far as a chest logo and lightning "ears."

If it's not the red color then it's the lightning bolts that makes his uniform iconic.

And you can't pull out Keaton Batman when you talk about outfits that fit.

Suit wise, I think there are some really neat looking thinskin armor-padded shirts and pants that would more effectively mimic a 'superhero' look. As it is his clothes just look baggy for running fast in, like he's the rocketeer without a jetpack. I'm not complaining or anything, because no matter what it IS better than the last two flash outfits we got on TV.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Axel Serenity posted:

In other DC news... motherfuckin Constantine! It's a little more up in the air for pickup being on NBC, but it could fit well with the kind of genre network they've become in recent years.

I think it looks great. He's got the smug down pat. Just needs some Lucky Strikes and scotch.

I don't think this is a catch-all DC thread here. Flash stuff is fine until we have a thread because of the connection to Arrow but Gotham, Constantine, and iZombie really don't need to be in this thread. I'd suggest using the comic TV thread in BSS to talk about that stuff.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

He also needs a black eye and some scars in his face. Constantine looks too clean in that picture.

EDIT: ^^^ Didn't saw that before posting, sorry.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

Wow. Really ripped off this look from Castiel.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Axel Serenity posted:

That does look awesome. But I think DC really need to give this show an iconic theme music to really catch with an audience.

And DC has a proven track record with giving Vertigo based licences the best possible theme songs.

And that is to make the songs theme a variation of Wild Thing by the Troggs.

"CON-STAN-TINE!
NU NU NU NU!
YOU ARE AMAZING!
NU NU NU NU!"

See, it's perfect.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=itQ89r7Trls

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

With Gotham, marvel street levels, iZombie and Constantine on the way, maybe there should be like a comic book TV show thread.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

With Gotham, marvel street levels, iZombie and Constantine on the way, maybe there should be like a comic book TV show thread.

THere is one, in BSS.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

I'd say each of those should get their own threads when they get close to airing. A megathread for all would be the worst idea.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There actually is one, in BSS. It's purpose is different from a TVIV thread though, which are more watch threads. That thread is mostly rumors and news discussion and updates, along with some discussion about what does and doesn't suck about particular shows.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

There actually is one, in BSS. It's purpose is different from a TVIV thread though, which are more watch threads. That thread is mostly rumors and news discussion and updates, along with some discussion about what does and doesn't suck about particular shows.

So it's perfect for people who want to talk about constantine or whatever, seeing as it doesn't actually exist in any appreciable way yet.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

zoux posted:

Wow. Really ripped off this look from Castiel.

The guy in trenchcoat look? You really think Supernatural was the first to the punch on that one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

I'd say each of those should get their own threads when they get close to airing. A megathread for all would be the worst idea.

I just want to see your head explode like in your avatar.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
He's right, though. And I'd feel bad for making anyone try to moderate that thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nutranurse posted:

He's right, though. And I'd feel bad for making anyone try to moderate that thread.

I'm not saying he isn't right, DP is usually one of the best SA mods (except when he's betraying our BROhood) but the meltdown he would have would be epic and hilarious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

The guy in trenchcoat look? You really think Supernatural was the first to the punch on that one?

It's a joke, because Castiel's look is based on Constantine.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I'm not saying he isn't right, DP is usually one of the best SA mods (except when he's betraying our BROhood) but the meltdown he would have would be epic and hilarious.

That's our plan, though. We will find the posters he cares about and turn them against him. We will find the threads he relies on and cast them aside. And when Deadpool is truly broken, we will put an arrow through his monitor.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Axel Serenity posted:

That's our plan, though. We will find the posters he cares about and turn them against him. We will find the threads he relies on and cast them aside. And when Deadpool is truly broken, we will put an arrow through his monitor.

I've found significant flaws in your plan.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Another FB picture from Stephen Amell:

Glorious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

I've found significant flaws in your plan.

Oh :smith:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

BreakAtmo posted:

Another FB picture from Stephen Amell:

Glorious.

Now we finally see Oliver's training at the hands of Slade Wilson bear fruit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha Cassidy Alexa (the Mystery Girl from the trailer) tweeted a pic of her reading her script and because the word "ain't" is in one of her lines, people are saying that's confirmation that she's You Know Who. But since the only name visible on the script is Louise she could be Killer Frost. Except I think they already cast Killer Frost in Flash.

http://bigcomicpage.com/2014/03/11/potential-harley-quinn-cassidy-alexa-gets-a-little-teasy-with-her-latest-tweet/

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Sorry you hear this from me, but it actually exists in BSS.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jose Mengelez posted:

for comparison:

The actor for this one has said that suit was an absolute nightmare to wear. He was constantly overheating and drenched with sweat. Also that days where he had to wear the suit he was basically stuck in it for the full day because it was so hard to put on and get off.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

zoux posted:

Haha Cassidy Alexa (the Mystery Girl from the trailer) tweeted a pic of her reading her script and because the word "ain't" is in one of her lines, people are saying that's confirmation that she's You Know Who. But since the only name visible on the script is Louise she could be Killer Frost. Except I think they already cast Killer Frost in Flash.

http://bigcomicpage.com/2014/03/11/potential-harley-quinn-cassidy-alexa-gets-a-little-teasy-with-her-latest-tweet/

That fits, since it's a well known fact that of all DC characters, she's the only one with bad grammar.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

That fits, since it's a well known fact that of all DC characters, she's the only one with bad grammar.

Personally I think she's Killer Croc.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Personally I think she's Killer Croc.

"How did you try to kill the Arrow?"

:downs:"I threw a rock at him!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

...It was a really big rock :eng99:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The weird part of introducing Harley (which would be awesome) is how the hell do you convert her origin over for a show where Batman and the Joker don't exist?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

The weird part of introducing Harley (which would be awesome) is how the hell do you convert her origin over for a show where Batman and the Joker don't exist?

Pretty easily I imagine - just introduce her as a psychiatrist who was turned into a wackadoodle by one of her patients, a real joker.

Shes kind of perfect for Arrow, in terms of comic book characters, because shes not big enough to be in the films but has a following that would be excited to see her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rarity posted:

Who says than they doesn't exist? :colbert:

• Locked thread