Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

New clip from Amazing Spider-Man 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6oCBRPvJQ

Garfield is the perfect Peter :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Well, there's 1 of 4 minutes.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Waterhaul posted:

New clip from Amazing Spider-Man 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6oCBRPvJQ

Garfield is the perfect Peter :allears:

This rarely bothers me, but that is terrible ADR. Spider Man's voice sounds disembodied, removed from the scene and perfectly clear above the sound of the chase.

They've got some time to remix it, I'm not saying Spider Man is doomed or anything. Still excited for me movie, this just bugs me.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I was throwing that and some of the effects under "work in progress".

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Yeah, I just went back and watched another clip and it's very well done here. His voice is slightly muffled by the mask, it reverberates in the empty square. They know what they're doing, obviously.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Probably because they had a hard time making a metal hand look right so they just cover it up most of the time with a glove.

The movie explanation will likely be so he can throw on a jacket and get through places without people thinking "gently caress me, that guy has an incredibly advanced metal hand!"

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

Pyronic posted:

im a little excited for this ABC special, but drat I just want more Agents of SHIELD.

I hope this isn't a typo or sarcasm; I don't get the universal hate in this thread for AoS.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Faustoan Bargain posted:

I hope this isn't a typo or sarcasm; I don't get the universal hate in this thread for AoS.

I don't think it'd be getting such hate if Arrow wasn't on. I think it's a perfectly fine show that started out boring, but has steadily improved. Still isn't great, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's better than Smallville.

In a world where Arrow doesn't exist, which as both the universes of DC and Marvel have taught us is an infinite number, it would be the best superhero show on TV in a long time.

(Nobody cares, England.)

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

But it's not a superhero show, because the title :shepface:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

But it's not a superhero show, because the title :shepface:

It really isn't, though. It's as much of a superhero show as Fringe was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look man, they said Thor one time. That's the best they have on Earth-52616.

Don't be a dimensionist.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

Look man, they said Thor one time. That's the best they have on Earth-52616.

Don't be a dimensionist.

They need Rudy.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

bobkatt013 posted:

They need Rudy.

Every show needs Rudy.

Especially Preacher.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I just wish I could go back in time to tell myself in 1999 "Hey man, there's going to be a Preacher *AND* a Hellblazer TV series!" I'd be so psyched!

After getting over the shocked of seeing myself all fat from the future, that is.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

This is old, but I'm just starting to watch the X-Men movies. I heard the third wasn't very good but is it 'unwatchable' bad or just mediocre?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

This is old, but I'm just starting to watch the X-Men movies. I heard the third wasn't very good but is it 'unwatchable' bad or just mediocre?

Not as bad as Origins: Wolverine, but still quite terrible.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
Mediocre. The real problem was trying to cram too many plot threads into one movie. There are some nice individual scenes (and some stupid ones), it just doesn't come together to a satisfying whole.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Also for some reason all the special effects look like poo poo, which is weird considering the budget.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The only thing I can remember when thinking of X3 was Magneto's line about "That's why we have spares" or something. I don't even remember the context, just that it was really bad.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

AnonSpore posted:

The only thing I can remember when thinking of X3 was Magneto's line about "That's why we have spares" or something. I don't even remember the context, just that it was really bad.
X3 was a forgettable movie but had the best scene in any of the X movies. In Jeans old house going all Phoenix with Prof X. And that score, that was loving marvellous.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

X3 was a forgettable movie but had the best scene in any of the X movies. In Jeans old house going all Phoenix with Prof X. And that score, that was loving marvellous.

That was a really great scene, but nothing tops Nightcrawler in the White House from X2.

I'd also say the whole final showdown scene in First Class was better.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Codependent Poster posted:

That was a really great scene, but nothing tops Nightcrawler in the White House from X2.

I'd also say the whole final showdown scene in First Class was better.

I know what your saying, but Phoenix losing it in X3 with Prof X makes the hair stand up on my neck and nice shivers go down my spine. I don't get that from Nightcrawler.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

It's when they lay siege on the facility. He sends in the nameless mutants first to get tranq'ed. "That's why you send in the pawns first."

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Kelsey Grammer as Beast is also an inspired choice. There is some good in that film, but christ the bad parts are truly awful.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a guy who's committed to the wellbeing of his fellow mutants and spends the entire film up to that point railing against the very concept of a cure for mutation, then sends his loyal followers charging headlong at a platoon of soldiers who I'm pretty sure he knows are armed with said cure.

Of course, when you consider that one of his top men is basically a less powerful version of Porcupine Pete from the Legion of Super-Heroes, the guys he sent out first can't have been that much use.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I think X3 might be the worst movie I have ever seen. And my co-workers like to watch crap like troll 2 and the room.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Metal Loaf posted:

Here's a guy who's committed to the wellbeing of his fellow mutants

I don't think you have a great read on Magneto's character. He's less about "take care of my fellow mutants" than "kill this loving human gene trash at any cost."

Which is not to say that the line and the scene (and the movie as a whole) aren't terrible. They just aren't terrible for this one specific reason.

Ignite Memories posted:

I think X3 might be the worst movie I have ever seen. And my co-workers like to watch crap like troll 2 and the room.

If X3 is the worst movie you've ever seen then you've lived a charmed life. Hell, if Troll 2 is the worst movie you've ever seen you've lived a charmed life.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sarchasm posted:

If X3 is the worst movie you've ever seen then you've lived a charmed life. Hell, if Troll 2 is the worst movie you've ever seen you've lived a charmed life.

Yeah, man, it's not even the worst X-Men movie. Check out a little gem called Generation X.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The fact that I'm a cyclops guy may factor in to my opinion somewhat.

edit: how have I never heard of this Generation X movie?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In X3 Cyclops gets killed off screen and early in the movie because somebody at Fox was pissed at Marsden for taking a part in Superman Returns.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sarchasm posted:

I don't think you have a great read on Magneto's character. He's less about "take care of my fellow mutants" than "kill this loving human gene trash at any cost."

Huh. I had a longer post which said "ascendancy" rather than "wellbeing". I'm not quite sure why I changed it back, but I guess it still wouldn't have been quite right.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
My biggest problem with X3 is the whole Cure For Mutants thing. Even if you ignore the whole allegory angle of mutants, its still disturbing based on "You need to change who you are to fit in with everyone else" kind of message.

My least favorite thing in superhero movies is when directors go "I want to make a more personal, smaller story, not a big comic book action movie!" when they are making a comic book movie. Hey there Goddard II, every director wants to make their big summer blockbuster a smaller, personal movie, and they always end up being boring.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

In X3 Cyclops gets killed off screen and early in the movie because somebody at Fox was pissed at Marsden for taking a part in Superman Returns.

Where he was significantly more interesting and heroic then Superman.

Also, Superman Returns another reason I can't fathom people being happy about Singer's return.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

edit: how have I never heard of this Generation X movie?
It aired on network TV like twice ever and never got any home release.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm aware of this. It's the stupidest, pettiest filmmaking decision and it only served to help hurry along a shitshovel of a movie that desperately needed a rewrite. This is why fox cannot be trusted with rights to things.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I didn't like that in the final showdown, all of the Brotherhood seemed to have the power "jump really high" until they are shot.

Also, didn't like that Rogue was cured at the end and reveals it to Bobby, considering he had been an allegory for homosexuality

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

It aired on network TV like twice ever and never got any home release.

I only saw it once like over a decade ago, so I don't remember much other than the fact that Jubilee was caucasian and it is one of the ugliest films I've ever seen from a cinematography point of view.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

I remember that now, and at the time I thought it was every bit as stupid as the decision to kill Newt and Hicks in the credits to Alien 3. Fox: Killing beloved characters offscreen since 1992.

That said, Alien 3 is still a much better movie than X3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I didn't like that in the final showdown, all of the Brotherhood seemed to have the power "jump really high" until they are shot.

Also, didn't like that Rogue was cured at the end and reveals it to Bobby, considering he had been an allegory for homosexuality

They then reveal it does not work. The cure was just like pray the gay away programs.

• Locked thread