Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Wow, this update is earlier than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Wow, this update is earlier than usual.

Hah! Awesome, but it took me a few reads to understand what was going on.

Spender is using his shadow like a carpet, then pulling it out from under Forge

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
drat, Spender. That's pretty good improv poltergeist martial arts right there :golfclap:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Oblivious posted:

drat, Spender. That's pretty good improv poltergeist martial arts right there :golfclap:

I doubt he hasn't been waiting for a chance to use that trick ever since last week when Isabel dunked on Isaac while sparring exactly the same way :v:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Cthulhuite posted:

Hah! Awesome, but it took me a few reads to understand what was going on.

Spender is using his shadow like a carpet, then pulling it out from under Forge

The best part is that he is creating that shadow by using the light he stole from his eyes in the previous page.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
The most ridiculous part of this thing is Spender keeping his right hand behind his back like the smuggest dork the whole time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Paramemetic posted:

The most ridiculous part of this thing is Spender keeping his right hand behind his back like the smuggest dork the whole time.

I wouldn't be surprised if that fist was necessary for the shadow-manipulation.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
He's got that hand grabbing the shadow of Forge's weapon in the last panel, so I reckon that he needs one hand to select which shadow the power is set to so he can use the glowy hand to direct it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Oh drat! Ever since I switched my RSS reader I forgot all about the comic and missed the last 10 pages!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, bit late, but this page answered our earlier questions about the ghost train. Some, at least; apparently it is a poltergeist and is... Pseudo-physical? The spear made from its metal is phasing through that stone, and of course there's Zack's comment. Still some mystery here, but at least the poltergeist question is answered.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

horriblePencilist posted:

Oh drat! Ever since I switched my RSS reader I forgot all about the comic and missed the last 10 pages!

It looks like when he redid the website it broke the RSS feed too, so that may have been part of that.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thanks Internet posted:

It looks like when he redid the website it broke the RSS feed too, so that may have been part of that.

It was a switch to a new RSS feed due to the site change, rather than it breaking, according to his latest post. Anyone who was subscribed to the old one will need to subscribe to the new one; the old one isn't going to be "fixed".

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
My RSS reader just dumped the last 15 pages, so... looks like it was fixed after all?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Roland Jones posted:

Oh, bit late, but this page answered our earlier questions about the ghost train. Some, at least; apparently it is a poltergeist and is... Pseudo-physical? The spear made from its metal is phasing through that stone, and of course there's Zack's comment. Still some mystery here, but at least the poltergeist question is answered.

Pretty sure the train is a tool, so it's a real train that's been possessed. The power of the ghost train is that it can move anything out of its path, including the barrier around Mayview; if it decides it wants to go underground it just moves the ground out of the way.

I guess we're going to find out what happens when part of a tool is separated from the conceptual "main" part.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Just when I think Spender has hit peak anime, he manages to pull out just a little more.

New page is out, by the way. It's early this time!

Fetucine
Oct 29, 2011
I hope the alt text is true.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I guess Forge is evil enough to have picked up some cursed words.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
What a nerd

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Tenebrais posted:

I guess Forge is evil enough to have picked up some cursed words.

He's been around for a while, apparently. Maybe he's done some bad things in the past that he's not proud of.

Or maybe he did one bad thing that he's not proud of, considering that he uses the same word twice in conjunction. He might not be as "fluent" as those dogs were in the language.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

He's been around for a while, apparently. Maybe he's done some bad things in the past that he's not proud of.

Or maybe he did one bad thing that he's not proud of, considering that he uses the same word twice in conjunction. He might not be as "fluent" as those dogs were in the language.

It's just one word. Page One, Word One. "Really?" The skulls are pairs, a page reference then a word reference on that page. Long horns are 50, short horns are 10. Each tooth is 1.

Exit Strategy fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 14, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Is the Paranatural website running like complete garbage for anybody else? I always seem to get slowdown on that site, and only that site.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Yes, Zack, we figured out Shadow Powers already. Those are some good sound effects, though.

There seems to be some debate in the comments on the page as to exactly what effect this attack will have on Forge.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Kinda weird Forge got a character page entry only to be killed off here

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

You have to kill spirits twice to make it stick.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fried Chicken posted:

I'm gonna guess he wasn't aiming for Forge, but for one of the horrible helldogs.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I'm gonna guess he wasn't aiming for Forge, but for one of the horrible helldogs.

I'm holding out for Johnny becoming a medium for Forge.

Can't check now but did Thunder get an entry?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I mean Manvil is a spirit right, who says that he isn't really just a flame spirit piloting a metal body he has been reinforcing over the centuries? This is all some weird setup between himself and Spencer that they made up on the spot in order to draw out the immortal sprite dog. He'll fake his death and after Spencer subdues the dog he'll just pick his head up and put it back on his body and keep on being awesome. :ohdear:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
drat, I didn't get an RSS entry for this update either.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fried Chicken posted:

Can't check now but did Thunder get an entry?

Is that his actual name? I always liked Moctezeusma for that dude.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

horriblePencilist posted:

drat, I didn't get an RSS entry for this update either.

Did you sub to the new RSS since the new site went up? I'd give that a try if you haven't.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Onean posted:

Did you sub to the new RSS since the new site went up? I'd give that a try if you haven't.

I'm still subbed to the old feed and it works so I'd assume this isn't the problem.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Is that his actual name? I always liked Moctezeusma for that dude.

The cast page just lists him as Isaac's Spirit.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Onean posted:

Yeah, I subscribed anew two days ago. I also was still subscribed to the old RSS, but still nothing.
Could you give me the link to the RSS feed? Just to be sure.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I use http://paranatural.net/rss.php and chapter 4 page 86 is on there.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I checked again, still nothing. Weird.

eladank
Feb 22, 2013

Exit Strategy posted:

Page One, Word One. "Really?".

nope, Zack says in the comments: "There would be an eye if it referred to chapter 1, it doesn't"

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Page one, word one is in chapter zero so it flies.

Edit: Oh, wait, Paranatural doesn't start at chapter zero? I must be confusing it with Cucumber Quest. :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Forge is gonna end up in Max's backpack if he bites it.

Actually if he bites it he might be fine after all, fucker's got teeth :v:

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I like to imagine Spender is saying "sproing" at the beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Uh oh. Looks like the reports of Spender being badass (despite his total failure to appear so) were exaggerated. I'm guessing he was involved in the defeating of the "strongest spirit", but not really responsible, and ended up having to cope with its possession by employing his caged bird spirit.