Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Al Borland posted:

Maybe suicide by pilot.

Sure took him a while to commit, unlike the last guy who rammed his plane into the ocean pretty quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Retail Slave posted:

It's at the bottom of the ocean. If it had landed anywhere where there was enough land to do so, we'd have known about it.

Freaky as poo poo, though. My mind keeps wanting to say "terrorism", but someone would have taken responsibility for that by now.

Frankly "terrorism" would be less scary than "incompetence".

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fallom posted:

Sure took him a while to commit, unlike the last guy who rammed his plane into the ocean pretty quickly

We wanted the bjayjay first.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Al Borland posted:

Maybe suicide by pilot.

In my mind this is the most likely possibility, but then why take all those people with you? Why not just wait til you land and put a gun in your mouth? Of course, people who commit suicide don't always think rationally so I probably just answered my own question.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Retail Slave posted:

In my mind this is the most likely possibility, but then why take all those people with you? Why not just wait til you land and put a gun in your mouth? Of course, people who commit suicide don't always think rationally so I probably just answered my own question.

eh who knows? Maybe it was terrorism prevented by a guy who was going to commit suicide anyways so he figured he might as well be a suicidal hero.

Wanna hijack my plane? Nope *dives it towards the ground.* Then the aliens came and tractor beamed it over the ocean for a bit before it broke apart.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Al Borland posted:

Maybe suicide by pilot.

I would take off, circle around and slam it into the radar tower on the airport all the while singing "Song of the Valkyrie" and occasionally sobbing 'Why don't you love me Justin Beiber' over the open comm to the world.

That poo poo would make me infamous for CENTURIES.

Edit: Scratch that, I would occasionally say over the open comm that I am saving all the passengers FROM Justin Bieber.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 14, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

happyhippy posted:

I would take off, circle around and slam it into the radar tower on the airport all the while singing "Song of the Valkyrie" and occasionally sobbing 'Why don't you love me Justin Beiber' over the open comm to the world.

Edit: Scratch that, I would occasionally say over the open comm that I am saving all the passengers FROM Justin Bieber.

Why not fly into justin beiber?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Hah. That's wacky.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Pretty sure this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ftN0zqHtn0

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Looks like some news is breaking about what actually happened to the plane. What a terrifying way to go. :smith:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Thunderlips
Oct 25, 2002

maxidious posted:

You had me going until sea dye, I am pretty sure there is not enough dye to change the colour of the sea.

That's what the tea bag is for.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Retail Slave posted:

I remember a crash investigation when it turned out one of the pilots had decided to fly the plane into a mountain. On a less extreme, but still retarded, note there was a goon around here who said he got into a car accident by someone deliberately driving on the wrong side of the road and purposely into him in an attempt to commit suicide.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Troll Bridgington posted:

Looks like some news is breaking about what actually happened to the plane. What a terrifying way to go. :smith:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I laughed pretty good.

hemale in pain posted:

I remember a crash investigation when it turned out one of the pilots had decided to fly the plane into a mountain. On a less extreme, but still retarded, note there was a goon around here who said he got into a car accident by someone deliberately driving on the wrong side of the road and purposely into him in an attempt to commit suicide.

Seriously, if you want to die and take others with you at least look for the police.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Are we at the point now where we can seriously start looking at possible extraterrestrial / paranormal scenarios? I mean, I'm just trying to put all our options on the table here.

What I'm trying to say is planes just don't disappear.

Think about it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Are we at the point now where we can seriously start looking at possible extraterrestrial / paranormal scenarios? I mean, I'm just trying to put all our options on the table here.

Think about it.

Is there a Malaysian Triangle? I vote for that. It's probably linked to the Bermuda Triangle via transdimensional portal. They should search for the plane off the Bahamas.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

It's probably linked to the Bermuda Triangle via transdimensional portal.

Wait a second...

Malaysia, lady boys, transdimensional portal,...
A triangle has 3 points, here we have 3 dots that connect and form a triangle the third gendering. We're onto something here!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im on the plane now and once we're recovered from the aether im writing a strongly worded letter to the airline and never flying with them again!!!!

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Think about it.

I like your style, I mean, these are questions that need to be asked.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.
And now China says they have a seismic event near the last known location of MH370.

On the other hand, USGS doesn't show anything of note

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ManlyWeevil posted:

And now China says they have a seismic event near the last known location of MH370.

That's pretty loving dumb, it's a bunch of aluminum falling into water not a meteor.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

ManlyWeevil posted:

Pilot farted so hard, plane fell apart.

SOLVED

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

midnightclimax posted:

Pilot farted so hard, plane fell apart.

SOLVED

As likely as all other theories atm, good work.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.
I'm sold. Let's pack it in, boys.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ManlyWeevil posted:

The plane would have to be doing supersonic speeds to create an impact significant enough to register on seismographs. I highly doubt this has anything to do with the disappearance.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
Reported unusual seagulls in vicinity.

despite the odd data from varying levels of incompetent sources, its just lost in the ocean okay and it will never be found because the water looks the same after the plane sinks in it after a while IMO (source: water scientist)

that or it was rerouted for political kidnapping and the rest of the passengers are being brainwashed that they were Always Citizens of China and start making our socks and toys and poo poo

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I still get a laugh of the notion terrorists need to hijack one of the biggest airliners out there only to whisk it away in order to load nuclear bombs then fly it into some target at a later time. When it magically reappears on radar it will set off alarms (unless it is over Malaysia where they won't know what the gently caress to think of it) and then what? Also why not steal a smaller commuter or private aircraft that won't be noticed right away and do your nasty with it. Unless of course they are shoving a stolen Russian missile in the damned thing.. who knows anymore. I still say it was aliens.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

demonR6 posted:

I still get a laugh of the notion terrorists need to hijack one of the biggest airliners out there only to whisk it away in order to load nuclear bombs then fly it into some target at a later time. When it magically reappears on radar it will set off alarms (unless it is over Malaysia where they won't know what the gently caress to think of it) and then what? Also why not steal a smaller commuter or private aircraft that won't be noticed right away and do your nasty with it. Unless of course they are shoving a stolen Russian missile in the damned thing.. who knows anymore. I still say it was aliens.

Explosives are so last century. If a terrorist really wants to gently caress with people he'll go to a major city and release a virus in the subway system

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

edit: nevermind, misread

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 14, 2014

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Think about it.

:lost:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Blast of Confetti posted:

Explosives are so last century. If a terrorist really wants to gently caress with people he'll go to a major city and release a virus in the subway system

I know, I am trying to dispel the "let's hijack a big loving airliner and load a bomb in it, no one will ever notice till it is too late!" theory.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

Think about it.

yes it didnt disappear, its in pieces on the bottom of the sea floor. evidently its hard to see poo poo under water because its dark. also due to the "fluid" nature of water, evidence of where it is exactly appears to "disappear"

or aliens

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

almost... like someone trying to fly without instruments after an electrical failure

coincidentally hitting every RNAV waypoint on the jet route along the way

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hofnar posted:

coincidentally hitting every RNAV waypoint on the jet route along the way

One might even say they're "grasping at straws", if you follow my meaning.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

demonR6 posted:

I know, I am trying to dispel the "let's hijack a big loving airliner and load a bomb in it, no one will ever notice till it is too late!" theory.

Plus they would need to have a pretty intimate knowledge of how the airplane's systems and circuitry work/are laid out. Planes send a signal to a satellite constantly to help with tracking. The signal continued to broadcast on this plane for about ~4 hours after they lost contact. A terrorist would either know how to disable the broadcaster, which is a possibility, or something else happened.

Some kind of crash seems way more likely and it's a bit of a stretch to go from terrorists carry out mass stabbings while wearing hijabs to terrorists making a 777 and everyone on board completely disappear.

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 14, 2014

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
imagine if the plane shows up sunday but everybody on it doesnt know they are a week late cuz like, it went through a time portal.

makes ya think

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo
Seems like they did a pretty good job figuring out how to turn off the transponder and the ACARS.

IF that is what happened, don't get your hopes up for cockpit voice recorder audio, because there's a circuit breaker for that too.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Plus they would need to have a pretty intimate knowledge of how the airplane's systems and circuitry work/are laid out. Planes send a signal to a satellite constantly to help with tracking. The signal continued to broadcast on this plane for about ~4 hours after they lost contact. A terrorist would either know how to disable the broadcaster, which is a possibility, or something else happened.

Some kind of crash seems way more likely and it's a bit of a stretch to go from terrorists carry out mass stabbings while wearing hijabs to terrorists making a 777 and everyone on board completely disappear.

yeah but its more fun to think there's something crazy afoot

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
the plane arrived safely a few minutes ago but everybody that was on it talks backwards!!!!!!!

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Did it cross an international date line? I have heard this can cause issues with modern avionics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

so all the poors die, big deal

• Locked thread