Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hah, is Sky-Byte chillin' in shark mode at the bar?

Have they said what is Drift up to? Wandering through space i presume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

Have they said what is Drift up to? Wandering through space i presume?

Hopefully he's dead in a space-ditch, I never liked that guy and his Sephiroth attitude/fanbase.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Hopefully he's dead in a space-ditch, I never liked that guy and his Sephiroth attitude/fanbase.

Yeah, real brooding, that Drift.

Where have you been? Doriftu-chan hasn't been a racist embarrassment for a while, not since Roberts got his hands on him anyway.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Bring back Outback. We can't have enough aussiebots.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Drift is awesome, gently caress the haters.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

3 posted:

Yeah, real brooding, that Drift.

Where have you been? Doriftu-chan hasn't been a racist embarrassment for a while, not since Roberts got his hands on him anyway.

Isn't that pic just an example of trading one genre of Manga for another, though? He's like a perky Japanese air hostess!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Everything is anime.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Choke on a rhinox, Drift-kun is fuggin sweet brah. When written by Roberts anyway. (Admittedly Roberts managed I think, maybe one character I can't stand in his hands?)

Also he's probably just earmarked for either season 2 or season 3.

As an aside on the topic of season 2 I am beginning to think the invasion galvanizes the new alliance of Cybertronians and results in a formal merging of the two factions for a time. It is, after all, 'Dawn of the Autobots'

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Drift is okay. I don't hate him. I like the scenes where he's all new-agey and people think he's a weirdo. Honestly I just kind of forget about Drift most of the time because there's just other characters like Rodimus, Magnus, Swerve and Whirl who are so busy chewing the scenery that Drift kind of flies under my radar. To me he's kind of sort of like Bluestreak or a Hound, he's just kind of there.

Yeah he was kind of a lovely Mary Sue at first but he has since grown into a decent, non-terrible character.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I like Drift. Originally I liked him because he gave the fanbase such fits, but I genuinely enjoyed his miniseries and Roberts did a good job making him feel like he has a place among the G1 cast. The basic concept for the character is an interesting one, and I hope Roberts does more with him in future seasons.

EthanSteele posted:

Everything is anime.

Everything's kawaii when you're part of a team?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Huh. Didn't think I was being "edgy" or anything. Sorry, Drift fans!

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Ka0 posted:

Bring back Outback. We can't have enough aussiebots.

Yeah... about that...

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

RaspberryCommie posted:

Yeah... about that...

No worries, that'll buff right out.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

3 posted:

He's been playing knifey spoony.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

3 posted:

Yeah, he seems all right.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

They are KOs.

Speaking of KOs, how's the quality of them generally? I ordered an ROTF Buster Prime because like hell I'm paying $250+ for one and $90 seems kind of too good to be true considering the pictures posted on the listing.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

So is there a way to obtain Transformers: The Movie (1986) on blu-ray other than long out-of-print editions that sell for ~$100? The idea of things going out of print in this day and age seems so weird, but I can't seem to find a copy for a reasonable price.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So is there a way to obtain Transformers: The Movie (1986) on blu-ray other than long out-of-print editions that sell for ~$100? The idea of things going out of print in this day and age seems so weird, but I can't seem to find a copy for a reasonable price.

Is ~$50 ok?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sire Oblivion posted:

Speaking of KOs, how's the quality of them generally? I ordered an ROTF Buster Prime because like hell I'm paying $250+ for one and $90 seems kind of too good to be true considering the pictures posted on the listing.

I guess it depends on who is counterfeiting what. Aside from the minor problems I noted with my Ninja Insecticons, they're pretty good quality I guess.

FAKE EDIT: Oh also I had to shave Not-Shrapnel's claw pegs a bit.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hopefully it's decent then, if not, oh well, lesson learned.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Is this a known thing? I mean, this particular knock-off. Because oh man, they aren't even trying.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jetfire posted:

Is this a known thing? I mean, this particular knock-off. Because oh man, they aren't even trying.

Yes, there's even larger reproductions of them that are supposedly around voyager/leader class size.

It's also not just limited to beach comber but any of the Universe 2.0 Legends that have knock offs.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

If you're talking about the "Franstromer" bit that's known too. A line of them came around the time of the last movie (as you can tell from the subheading which is sadly not Mark of the Doon), although I didn't think they made it out of Asia.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I eventually want a collection of all the awesome knock off toys, like Demon Pony and Frans Tromers

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
What is demon pony?

And who wants to buy some toys? I have an insane amount of stuff I'm selling. Transformers, Hot Toys Avengers, Legos, import robot toys, and more. I ended up just putting a page with the list and photos on my own hosting, so if you want to check it out, click, I guess.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

SpikeMcclane posted:

What is demon pony?

And who wants to buy some toys? I have an insane amount of stuff I'm selling. Transformers, Hot Toys Avengers, Legos, import robot toys, and more. I ended up just putting a page with the list and photos on my own hosting, so if you want to check it out, click, I guess.

I'll spread this around so more people see it... Are you okay, dude?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

What is demon pony?

My bad, Demon Donkey

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Dunno if it was posted yet, but there's a single page preview up for the last chapter of Dark Cybertron: (spoilers obvious (Including who dies in RiD 27. If you don't want to know, do not look at the recap page.) http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/transformers-dark-cybertron-finale-single-page-preview-179490/

Whirl should get his own series.

RaspberryCommie fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 15, 2014

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SpikeMcclane posted:

I'll take your Botcon Spinister if nobody else has called it.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

What is demon pony?

Shot you an email. Interested in the Sixshot.

Also, to keep it on topic, just got G2 Sideswipe and MP Streak has just been knocked off the number one favorite spot.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

RaspberryCommie posted:

Dunno if it was posted yet, but there's a single page preview up for the last chapter of Dark Cybertron: (spoilers obviously) http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/transformers-dark-cybertron-finale-single-page-preview-179490/

Whirl should get his own series.

Whoops, the death from the next RiD is helpfully included on the recap page. Let's just say (vaguely) I doubt any MTMTE readers are going to be too cut up about it.

New theory: Whirl is Unicron - bringer of death, destroyer of worlds, repsonsible for the largest body count in history, etc.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

Whoops, the death from the next RiD is helpfully included on the recap page. Let's just say (vaguely) I doubt any MTMTE readers are going to be too cut up about it.

New theory: Whirl is Unicron - bringer of death, destroyer of worlds, repsonsible for the largest body count in history, etc.

Oh jeez, I didn't even notice the recap page was included. Hold on, I'll edit the post.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

RaspberryCommie posted:

Oh jeez, I didn't even notice the recap page was included. Hold on, I'll edit the post.

The recap page must have been removed, cos I can't see it. All I can see is the front page and Whirl and Arcee's conversation

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Knormal posted:

I'll take your Botcon Spinister if nobody else has called it.

Noone has, but please send me an email (it's linked at the top of that page). To be fair to everyone, it doesn't count unless I get an email. (PMs work too because it sends me an email). You have first dibs on it right now, though.

edit:

Rei_ posted:

I'll spread this around so more people see it... Are you okay, dude?
I was going to make a "I still function" joke, but that would imply I'm in pretty sorry shape. Nah, I'm fine, I've just hit a rough spot right now.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 15, 2014

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

SpikeMcclane posted:

Noone has, but please send me an email (it's linked at the top of that page). To be fair to everyone, it doesn't count unless I get an email. (PMs work too because it sends me an email).
Emailed you.

On the topic of selling, anyone have a Generations Inferno or Generations Starscream (Classics mold) they are looking to offload?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

You Am I posted:

The recap page must have been removed, cos I can't see it. All I can see is the front page and Whirl and Arcee's conversation

Apparently only people who tried to view the image through itunes or on an iphone are getting the extra spoiler page.

Still (Dark Cybertron #11 spoilers) I can't believe they're killing Bumblebee. I mean, sure his death fits the narrative the best, but I'd have thought Hasbro would veto all over that.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Big spoiler talk Yeah, I'm surprised too. It's comics & all, so the afterlife is a revolving door, but given how often in the past Hasbro has vetoed deaths, it really is surprising. The worst part, though, is that there's a good chance that Josh Perez had to color it. Poor dude.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
See, it wasn't really surprising to me, in a overthinking/X-Y-or-Z-are-too-obvious kind of way:

It wasn't going to be Magnus - just been there, almost did that - and while Rodimus looked likely on the surface, that in itself was the problem: it was just too obviously looking like it would be him (all the gently caress-ups, pep talks with Prime, knowing Megs taking captaincy of the Lost Light) so that ruled him out. That really only left Prowl or Bumblebee and out of the two, Bumblebee is i) now arguably THE MAIN loving GUY after Prime, generally has plot armour, is the star of the films, the young and enthusiastic character beloved by kids, never truly gets killed, just rebuilt, etc; ii) is just the type to indulge in Heroic Nonsense that gets himself whacked, probably inspiring Megatron in the process. Conversely, Prowl is a cold hearted rear end in a top hat one step away from Shockwave as a logic/big picture-driven potential supervillain type, is largely unpopular with everyone on either faction (bar his new cheerleading squad) and his death just wouldn't have the kind of resonance and shock value that killing Bumblebee has.

I mean, even though a lot of people are sick of him, there's no denying offing Bumblebee is kind of a Big Deal regardless. The only thing that had me questioning it was that one of the post-DC RiD covers has his face on it.

Man, Pipes, Rewind, now this. If you're a Minibot, be afraid. Be very loving afraid. IDW hates you guys!

In short: it couldn't really be anyone else. But also, comics, nothing's forever, etc.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

See, it wasn't really surprising to me, in a overthinking/X-Y-or-Z-are-too-obvious kind of way:

It wasn't going to be Magnus - just been there, almost did that - and while Rodimus looked likely on the surface, that in itself was the problem: it was just too obviously looking like it would be him (all the gently caress-ups, pep talks with Prime, knowing Megs taking captaincy of the Lost Light) so that ruled him out. That really only left Prowl or Bumblebee and out of the two, Bumblebee is i) now arguably THE MAIN loving GUY after Prime, generally has plot armour, is the star of the films, the young and enthusiastic character beloved by kids, never truly gets killed, just rebuilt, etc; ii) is just the type to indulge in Heroic Nonsense that gets himself whacked, probably inspiring Megatron in the process. Conversely, Prowl is a cold hearted rear end in a top hat one step away from Shockwave as a logic/big picture-driven potential supervillain type, is largely unpopular with everyone on either faction (bar his new cheerleading squad) and his death just wouldn't have the kind of resonance and shock value that killing Bumblebee has.

I mean, even though a lot of people are sick of him, there's no denying offing Bumblebee is kind of a Big Deal regardless. The only thing that had me questioning it was that one of the post-DC RiD covers has his face on it.

Man, Pipes, Rewind, now this. If you're a Minibot, be afraid. Be very loving afraid. IDW hates you guys!

In short: it couldn't really be anyone else. But also, comics, nothing's forever, etc.

Well yes, I had exactly the same feelings on the matter. I was only surprised because (I dunno if this counts as spoilers, but it might let people infer who it is, so) The fact that Bee usually has such heavy plot armor is why I didn't expect it. He's one of Hasbro's cash cows, so I fully expected them to veto his death regardless of how well it fits. Megatron becoming a good guy was less of a surprise to me due to the way his character is in the IDW-verse, as well as him deciding that he was done with war and being a tyrant at the end of Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TheDK posted:

Emailed you.

On the topic of selling, anyone have a Generations Inferno or Generations Starscream (Classics mold) they are looking to offload?

What you really want is my 2nd Million Publishing Artfire