Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

Trying to decide when I'd start shooting people if this list were implemented. I imagine right around #16.

1 & 2 alone are hilarious since the incredible lack of perspective it takes to think that our "allies" (whoever that is exactly) are pissed off at Obama for not following our Constitution and would just love to talk to the guy that just finished his "I love God and Israel is the best!" concert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Radish posted:

1 & 2 alone are hilarious since the incredible lack of perspective it takes to think that our "allies" (whoever that is exactly) are pissed off at Obama for not following our Constitution and would just love to talk to the guy that just finished his "I love God and Israel is the best!" concert.

And that list is so exhaustive in its craziness that I'm pretty sure even most conservatives can find a thing to raise the fist over in it.

Also never mind blah people, I'm not going to the mall if there's mandated baroque music, that would get really grating really fast.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This is from Breitbart and I want to believe this is some sort of mockery of republican beliefs but I doubt it

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/12/Obama-strategy-five-distractions#comment-1283081044

That does look like a parody, but Poe's Law does really come into play. If it is then it's extremely well researched :stare:

"Go from fascist dictatorship to glorious Libertarian paradise in only 50 easy steps! Call now"!

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Stultus Maximus posted:

Common Core is a set of standards for language arts and mathematics that was created by agreement of the states' education boards and facilitated by the federal department of education.

I think a lot of freepers would be happy if their kids were lobotomised.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

My Q-Face posted:

If you read the book or looked closely at the wall behind him in the Sheriff's office, you'll see that he was also a decorated Korean War vet.

In the book, Rambo himself is a lot less sympathetic and less a victim of war's trauma than a combat addict lusting for a glorious death.

Mind Loving Owl posted:

But then how would they hate? :ohdear:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Like father, like son?

Feinne posted:

And that list is so exhaustive in its craziness that I'm pretty sure even most conservatives can find a thing to raise the fist over in it.

Also never mind blah people, I'm not going to the mall if there's mandated baroque music, that would get really grating really fast.

Depends, I'd be happy enough if malls blared Civ 5 and the Starbound OST 24/7.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Am I the only one who almost never notices the music at the mall? The last time I remember thinking about it it was because someone was playing a muzak version of Smells Like Teen Spirit and I strained to see if I could hear Kurt Cobain rolling over in his grave.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

WarpedNaba posted:

Like father, like son?

Depends, I'd be happy enough if malls blared Civ 5 and the Starbound OST 24/7.

Baba Yetu or bust.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

silvergoose posted:

Baba Yetu or bust.

The original or the Calling all Dawns remix?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Trying to decide when I'd start shooting people if this list were implemented. I imagine right around #16.

I think I'd definitely start building secret compartments in my house, hoarding medical supplies and dry-goods, and making zip-guns sometime in the middle of #8. That one there is definitely aiming towards reeducation camps and mass-graves.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

WarpedNaba posted:

The original or the Calling all Dawns remix?

Original, definitely. That song haunts my dreams.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Ratoslov posted:

I think I'd definitely start building secret compartments in my house, hoarding medical supplies and dry-goods, and making zip-guns sometime in the middle of #8. That one there is definitely aiming towards reeducation camps and mass-graves.

#7 is the real ding-a-ling for me. If'n you're in a country that has shoot-on-sight border patrol, you've either got Kim Jong Il/Sung on your wall or a howitzer in your back yard.

silvergoose posted:

Original, definitely. That song haunts my dreams.

The softer one? I always preferred the loud, bombastic and triumphant one myself.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/LookAmerica

The person who wrote that screed. I am going to say if that was a troll, she has been keeping it up for a long time

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 14, 2014

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"Go from fascist dictatorship to glorious Libertarian paradise in only 50 easy steps! Call now"!

I would suggest "go from fascist dictatorship to other, different fascist dictatorship" but same difference really. :v:

It is kind of amazing though how unaware this type of document writer seems to be about how much their vision of the future is identical to whatever imagined tyranny they are railing against. It reminds me of the TFR Let's Read thread reviewing a story where Obama has been secretly rounding up and killing conservative dissidents - and then, when the good guys win, they immediately begin imprisoning and executing dissidents.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
/\ They've been taken by their own code-wording. When they say "True Freedom" they're meaning "privileged aristocrat."

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That does look like a parody, but Poe's Law does really come into play. If it is then it's extremely well researched :stare:

It's a pretty complete collection of talking points for the various stripes of right-wingers. You've got the tax, labor busting, and de-regulation stuff for the monied faction. Gays, prayers, and abortion for the religious. Immigration, affirmative-action, and minority organizations for the racists.

It's like the end state/dream list of the current conservative coalition.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

24. Remove all federal funding from so-called Sanctuary Cities.

I love this so much. Conservatives are all about :clint: Nullification and States' Rights :freep: and local government right up until a city refuses to use the local police to enforce immigration law, then suddenly the Feds need to pressure them to get back in line.

So what exactly do states have the right to do? Oh yeah, the right to legalize slavery.

Constitution of the Confederate States of America posted:

The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired.

...but not the right to abolish it!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

StandardVC10 posted:

I would suggest "go from fascist dictatorship to other, different fascist dictatorship" but same difference really. :v:

It is kind of amazing though how unaware this type of document writer seems to be about how much their vision of the future is identical to whatever imagined tyranny they are railing against. It reminds me of the TFR Let's Read thread reviewing a story where Obama has been secretly rounding up and killing conservative dissidents - and then, when the good guys win, they immediately begin imprisoning and executing dissidents.

Go from whatever the US currently is to a Iran+Jesus government.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I don't know Iran might actually be slightly too free for what they want.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Iraqis angered by draft law proposed by Shiite-led government to legalize child marriage

quote:

It WAS fixable:

1. Burn the mosques and korans.
2. Kill all the imams and scholars.
3. Forbid all muslim practices.
4. Crush all resistance mercilessly.
5. Take all the children away to Christian schools for 18 years.

Basically do what was done to the American Indians.
It was a successful model against Druids and Saxons as well.

6 posted on 14/3/2014 16:28:38 by UnbelievingScumOnTheOtherSide (HELL, NO! BE UNGOVERNABLE! --- ISLAM DELENDA EST)
:regd02:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

What allies do you think they are thinking we would have to apologise to. They would probably cut all ties with europe with their attitudes.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Iraqis angered by draft law proposed by Shiite-led government to legalize child marriage

:regd02:

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and forcibly convert them to Christianity."

--a thing said by a guy who loves freedom

Also, I'm fairly sure that dude was typing with one hand when he wrote that.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 14, 2014

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

ChaseSP posted:

What allies do you think they are thinking we would have to apologise to. They would probably cut all ties with europe with their attitudes.

Israel, Israel and...Israel.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Alter Ego posted:

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and forcibly convert them to Christianity."

Also, I'm fairly sure that dude was typing with one hand when he wrote that.

He's quoting Anne Coulter. She said that right after 9/11, and even then (when we were all crazy) people thought it was loving crazy.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Alter Ego posted:

He's just pointing out that "fixing" the native problem was a prerequisite for that freedom.

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

Israel, Israel and...Israel.

I'm so close to saying Saudi Arabia, but, you know, the Muslims.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

ColdSnickersBar posted:

I'm so close to saying Saudi Arabia, but, you know, the Muslims.

Why would they apologize? They see SA as just a big ol' oil well and will bail that country the second it runs dry.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RagnarokAngel posted:

Why would they apologize? They see SA as just a big ol' oil well and will bail that country the second it runs dry.

We all see SA as a big ol' oil well that we'll bail on the second it runs dry.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Zeroisanumber posted:

We all see SA as a big ol' oil well that we'll bail on the second it runs dry.
It's a shame that goons don't feel more loyalty to these, the most troll-free forums on the internet.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

FMguru posted:

It's a shame that goons don't feel more loyalty to these, the most troll-free forums on the internet.

Do you have a 50 point solution to increase Forum Patriotism through savage beatings and the elimination of dissidents? Lowtax has been acting like a king with all these vacations, and pandering to those types in Pet Island.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This is from Breitbart and I want to believe this is some sort of mockery of republican beliefs but I doubt it

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/12/Obama-strategy-five-distractions#comment-1283081044

The penultimate expression of conservative schizophrenia, right here. :stare:

I bet these guys would fellate the likes of Francisco Franco and Augusto Pinochet in a heartbeat.

quote:

15. Reinstate the US missile defense complex in Poland and Czech Republic - European Interceptor Site (EIS) - on steroids.

So these guys really think a nuclear holocaust is gonna go their way. How cute. :stonklol:

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 14, 2014

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Everyday Lurker posted:

I bet these guys would fellate the likes of Francisco Franco and Augusto Pinochet in a heartbeat.

No bet; it's not like Pinochet wasn't the darling of the Anglo-American right back when he was in power.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Captain_Maclaine posted:

No bet; it's not like Pinochet wasn't the darling of the Anglo-American right back when he was in power.

Just trying to figure out which hellish right-wing dictator they'd prefer living under/sucking off to satisfy their bloodlust or whatever.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They'll still suck him off if they know who he is and you ask them about it.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party

quote:

FURP!!

17 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 4:25:57 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!!)

quote:

Then republicans will lose because moral voters sit home when given an immoral candidate.

If you do not understand that protecting the most innocent among us is imperative how will you protect the rest of us from anything(as proven over and over by rinos).

Your morals allow you to kill children. I will not vote for you.
23 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 5:09:47 PM by Lady Heron

Satellite Firm Says Its Data From Jet Could Offer Location

quote:

If this is really a fabricated false flag operation the internet would be humming with red herring posters to keep the docile minds looking in other directions.

Two scenarios, its been stolen by Iran to destroy Israel.

Its been stolen by a group with instruction to paint it as a complete Muslim operation but its then directed to strike a US target with the intent of initiating an Executive Action that would declare martial law, suspend elections etc.

9 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 3:51:02 PM by Spartan302

quote:

To: Spartan302
its been stolen by Iran to destroy Israel.

I've seen this comment several places. What makes this plane more useful to Iran than all the ones that already are in use by Iran and by their allied countries in the ME?
12 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 4:02:33 PM by nascarnation (I'm hiring Jack Palladino to investigate Baraq's golf scores.)

quote:

To: nascarnation

Hard to say about how Iran plans things, they may just keep it hidden in a hanger for a year or two, and then when the opportunity arises use it.

ROP has the ability to act way outside the box or predicted computer simulations, thats why they have repeatedly gotten away with terrorism.

To us rational civilized folks none of it makes logical sense, to the ROP they are actually betting everything upon that.

13 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 4:18:05 PM by Spartan302

To: nascarnation

Another conspiracy theory, Putin is behind it, wants to make it look like Ukraine launches it against Russian Federation assets, Putin uses it as a propaganda tool.

I can think outside the box, but not for long, I get lost.

16 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 4:23:43 PM by Spartan302

Yet another Freeper novel:

Freeper Gen.Blather is noted Amazon pulp novel writer Ben Pearson!

quote:

Desperate to keep his job at defense contractor Prospero Industries, Havelock must locate their mysterious top salesman, Nick Necropolis, and find out the status of a planned $30 million cash deal. But Nick is dead. Now, to keep his job Havelock must hide the corpse and complete the deal. But Nick’s body keeps getting moved to where it will be found…then, Havelock is threatened. The Israelis will kill him if the deal goes through and the Syrians will kill him if it doesn’t. As if matters couldn’t be worse…Havelock discovers what it is he’s selling.

Humor. Action/adventure.

Sarah Palin plans ‘Rogue TV’:

This freeper is so adorable to think that Sarah cares about her overall exposure and impact on politics rather than just grifting freeper types for a quick sheckel:

quote:

Kewl

Thought about this a lot

The Internet is the way around the MSM Limousine Liberal Monopoly

But it should not be subscription, should be advertising supported - will do just fine

Much broader audience

4 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 1:51:37 PM by Regulator

If you haven't figure out who's the mark... it's you. You're the mark.

quote:

Ha, she’s gonna be richer than when she was governor...all thanks to vindictive lefties.

9 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 2:00:29 PM by RginTN

To: RginTN

“Ha, she’s gonna be richer than when she was governor...all thanks to vindictive lefties.”

Huh? She’s been richer than when she was governor for a LONG time.

13 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 2:06:02 PM by GIdget2004

To: GIdget2004

Unfortunately, it appears the “richer” is her goal and not the progress of true liberty.

14 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 2:09:23 PM by Cletus.D.Yokel

quote:

The first contributor hired should be James O’Keefe.

10 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 2:02:19 PM by glorgau

I'm thinking you could look at this a different, and more accurate way:

quote:

To: Cletus.D.Yokel

Perhaps you should look at the gains for conservatives since Palin went national, for instance the historical victories of 2010, Ted Cruz in 2012, and our only senate seat pickup in the 2012 election, when we took Nebraska.

No one has done more to move the GOP right in tone, and in office holders, than Governor Palin.

Maybe conservative politics don’t interest you enough to pay attention to.

27 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 4:19:18 PM by ansel12 ((Libertarianism offers the transitory concepts and dialogue to move from conservatism, to liberalism)

quote:

I think she is intelligent, charming and HOT. I wodl gladly pay to watch her program and hear her speak.

I would hardly call her a motor mouth - and what a SEXIST smear THAT is!!!!!

7 posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 1:58:44 PM by ZULU (Si vis pacem, para bellum)

Personalized WalMart clothing line please:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Everyday Lurker posted:

So these guys really think a nuclear holocaust is gonna go their way. How cute. :stonklol:

They believe American Jesus will whisk them away to heaven before the bombs go off. Sort of a self-fulfilling Rapture. Except in reality they'll be raptured away into vaporized hydrocarbons.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Freeoers: FURP

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

DemeaninDemon posted:

Except in reality they'll be raptured away into vaporized hydrocarbons.
They will be hateful to the last microsecond.

*Flash of heat radiates from ground zero* "Reagan would have built a REAL missile laser satellite shield and this never would have happened if it weren't for pussy anus-worshipping liberal physics :bahgawd:"

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Notice that the freeper considers what happened to the Native Americans a success.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Notice that the freeper considers what happened to the Native Americans a success.

Is this in dispute? The objective was always "Take control of, and solidify our claim on land to the west". As far as claim to who controls the continent, it was a roaring success. Its not devils advocacy, its objectively true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Is this in dispute? The objective was always "Take control of, and solidify our claim on land to the west". As far as claim to who controls the continent, it was a roaring success. Its not devils advocacy, its objectively true.

Pretty much. Really the sickening bit isn't that he considers it a success, but rather something that should be emulated.

• Locked thread