Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Julet Esqu posted:

Greg, you will never convince us that Rosa can't do better than Gunther.

Dying alone and childless after a bitter life as a spinster is better than Gunther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Sorbus posted:

Also "countryside's cummingness".

Oh god I didn't even realize

That made it an actually good pun

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac is silent, but deadly.

The Creeps is noisy, but heart warming.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

She's going to get into trouble... I just know it.

Non Sequitur

Supposed to be 51F here today, and I'll take it.

Heavenly Nostrils

:)

Kliban

I like his furiously wagging tail. That dog is excited!

9 Chickweed Lane 3/14/2003

Ok, a mother and teenage daughter constantly blowing kisses at one another is starting to get a little weird, Brooke.

Zits

Welp, bad answer, Jeremy, you're cut off now.

Kevin & Kell

, whatever.

Nemi

What? Is she just having a hard time telling him she loves him? I am confuse.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 24, 1926)

Peanuts (March 17, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Arnold would be so ashamed...

Out Our Way (August 8-9, 1924)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Tiggum posted:

The Lockhorns

God drat, that artist had fun drawing those stances.

It's also the only time the Lockhorns have ever shown any passion, whatsoever.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Julet Esqu posted:

Well, you're gonna love this:

Pros & Cons

Oh what the gently caress man. He'd have a better chance of getting a fair trial if he was being represented by a Confused Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

So what's everybody betting on, here? I'm thinking drunken practical joke gone wrong. The guy's friends got him into a postal uniform and stole his shoes, only for him to get abducted by two weird dogs and taken on a whirlwind adventure before they came back.

Ballard Street

Papa's been trying to do a pull up since 9:00 AM

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

GorfZaplen posted:

Heathcliff

Do you think his get away music is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKrVTVercI

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

Are they named after that creepy guy from SPirited Away

Apparently yes!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

RandomFerret posted:

Pooch Café

So what's everybody betting on, here? I'm thinking drunken practical joke gone wrong. The guy's friends got him into a postal uniform and stole his shoes, only for him to get abducted by two weird dogs and taken on a whirlwind adventure before they came back.
I'm gonna believe that he was given experimental mail-delivery drugs which had unexpected adverse effects, and this experience with the dogs is him coming to terms with his own death.

Bloom County

This one always makes me grimace a little. It's not even that gross, until I imagine the sound.

Steve Dallas: An emotionally-scarred man. Film at 11:00.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Invisible Bread.

"Invisible Bread is a comic strip with comics about practically everything! Join the people in the Invisible Bread universe and see how normal, everyday situations can quickly transform into situations that are anything but normal."

The most recent strip of Tony Murphy's It's All About You dates from November 10th of last year. The comments are full of people asking what happened, and where Tony Murphy has gone.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

That's a bitching sweet bong on the table. :drugnerd:

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Darthemed posted:

Invisible Bread.

"Invisible Bread is a comic strip with comics about practically everything! Join the people in the Invisible Bread universe and see how normal, everyday situations can quickly transform into situations that are anything but normal."

Christ. It's the insight of Fred Bassett with the self-satisfaction of Brooke McEldowney.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Eschers Basement posted:

Christ. It's the insight of Fred Bassett with the self-satisfaction of Brooke McEldowney.

I think it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Darthemed posted:

Invisible Bread is a comic strip with comics about practically everything! Join the people in the Invisible Bread universe and see how normal, everyday situations can quickly transform into situations that are anything but normal.

This applies to pretty much every comic. Especially Fok_It.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant, while on the edge of starvation, just casually murdered dozens of men and butchered their horses for meat, a feat of martial prowess that apparently warranted only passing mention.
:black101:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

RandomFerret posted:

Dude's gotta be a real mailman because he had a mail truck! How could a couple of pranksters get a mail truck...

...unless...

Oh god, was this a USPS Mafia hit?!?

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

:ranbowdash: All Hail The Brony Emperor :ranbowdash:

Blaart. :allears:

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

She's nearing the end of her live reenactment of Seinfeld's series finale.

tiistai posted:

This applies to pretty much every comic. Especially Fok_It.

"In Ribbit We Trust"?

Jim's Journal

I just don't get people who walk their cats.

Johnny Hazard

Conclusion's been forgone since before it started, but that's still some pretty neat pacing.

Krazy Kat

Why does Pupp ever let him out?

Classic Mandrake

I've still got my doubts about where this arc is heading, but I'm sure enjoying the trip there. :haw:

(Hm, that's an awful lot of comics all at once... maybe I'd better let the thread cool down some before bringing Dare around.)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

125% Moomin by weight.

e: Only Club Life in Moominvalley left now, and my reserves are dry.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 14, 2014

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Nemi

I think she was going to say "I love you" but he heard "love" and made that face so she got scared and said something else. Then she was sad because the guy she loves freaked out when she was going to tell him that.

Or, since this is Nemi, Grimm thought she was going to say something like "eating a pound of chocolate and riding roller coasters! That was great!" and he thought she was going to throw up on him so he made that face but really she was going to tell him she loves him so there were mixed signals all around and Grimm is happy that he didn't get puked on and Nemi is sad that either Grimm thinks she's insane or he doesn't want to hear that she loves him.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
I demand Dan! :v:

Bitchtits McGee posted:

I just don't get people who walk their cats.

We have a 19yo yellow tabby who started his life as an outside cat, and up until a couple of years ago went in and out on his own accord with no troubles. Now he has, like, feline dementia or some such (the vet says), and he does really stupid things. He forgets where he's at, and will just start wandering away, or he'll lay down in the middle of the street because it's warm, not giving one gently caress if any cars are coming or not. So lately, when we take him out (he hasn't been outside once all winter, and he used to not mind it at all), we have to put him in a halter with a leash so we can keep him out of trouble. And yeah, he loving hates it.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SubNat posted:

Pretty sure it's been posted before, but more Moomin is always good so I'm not complaining!

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Hahaha, this guy is just the worst at everything.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Hahaha, this guy is just the worst at everything.

I'm just hoping we're not in for a month of him going through this whole other treasure room saying "dunno what this is"

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I also like that the major treasure room is protected only by what looks to be a latchless rough plank door.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Some strips really do date this comic much more than others.

My first experience with an in-flight meal was that it came with a bread roll and for a second I honestly thought, how nice of them, they've given us all free stress balls.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

This is exactly how I read it and long story short I love you

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

SubNat posted:

125% Moomin by weight.

This was fantastic, I can't wait for the next one!

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Some strips really do date this comic much more than others.

I'm curious about this one. Is it a rerun that's been updated, a new strip, or a rerun that HASN'T been updated? None of them seem quite right. If it was from the 1970s then the no-cutlery joke makes no sense. If it's modern, the fact that they're getting dinner and wine in economy class on a domestic flight makes no sense.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

1. I'm not sure how that constitutes an attempt. She pretty much just admitted she doesn't care about you or your dumb problem.

2. People who go to Yale are barred from leading interesting lives or doing anything concrete or making positive change in the world?

3. Sucks that you need a degree to join the Peace Corps. If only going to Yale didn't prevent you from ever achieving that goal. :smith:

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Maybe you should secretly arrange a romantic dinner for them so they can fall in love all over again. :allears:

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
You don't understand. Rosa wants to join the Peace Corps right now not wait until she has an Ivy League degree. Life is so difficult.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Humanoid Female posted:

I'm curious about this one. Is it a rerun that's been updated, a new strip, or a rerun that HASN'T been updated? None of them seem quite right. If it was from the 1970s then the no-cutlery joke makes no sense. If it's modern, the fact that they're getting dinner and wine in economy class on a domestic flight makes no sense.
I think the cutlery joke is a joke the priest guy is telling and not an actual thing that is happening.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/JYvwW6C.jpg :nws:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/VahaXJA.jpg :nws:

I believe that's it for any linking that needs done for the story. Rest assured Willie still has not found his shirt.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

Max throws the ball straight up. The ball would change direction when it falls back toward Max.

Slylock Fox

I didn't realize Count Weirdly was such a fashion trendsetter among the local criminal community.

Moose and Molly

Hire him. It shows initiative and strong writing and communication skills.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

I didn't realize Count Weirdly was such a fashion trendsetter among the local criminal community.

Moose and Molly

Hire him. It shows initiative and strong writing and communication skills.

Footprints, definitely. I'm thinking it has to do with the relative length of their strides. Or else it's that woodpeckers hop around and gulls kind of waddle?

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

BooDoug187 posted:

Do you think his get away music is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKrVTVercI

Oh gently caress you, that's going to be stuck in my head for a week now.

• Locked thread