Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Robert Denby posted:

Finally watched the Hormel short, aka scenes deleted from Georges Franju's "Blood of the Beasts". What was the thought process in making that? I'd think anyone in any position of power at Hormel would be smart enough to know that showing the actual process that goes into making meat goods would be horrifyingly gruesome and disturbing to the average viewer. Nowadays we've all seen stomach-turning images of slaughterhouses and factory farming, but this short was made all the way back in the 60s, when the only way you'd actually see images like that would be if you worked at one of those plants. The whole thing is just mind-boggling, and the narrator's friendly tone and the upbeat music only make it more unsettling.

It's so upbeat, it's almost like a parody of itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ixnay posted:

A new VOD!

Cyborg Cop 2, which has a great-looking preview.

So many fanny packs...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Rowsdower! :neckbeard:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Was that really him?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Fowl posted:

Was that really him?

Doubtful, sadly. Still, I want to believe.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

That was very sudden and unexpected tits

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

At least Cyborg Cop 2 had a villain who would just kill people in hostage situations, I give him credit for that!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Cyborg Cop 2 has very odd music selection. It's the most cheesy cartoony hero music played at just about every opportunity.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PrinceRandom posted:

Cyborg Cop 2 has very odd music selection. It's the most cheesy cartoony hero music played at just about every opportunity.

The music when he's rescuing the kid from the Cyborg is amazing. Also the music when he's talking to his former partner's wife and his kid before he takes off on his mission.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm convinced the music was stolen from a variety of Sega CD games.

I'm also completely shocked that it was released in 1994, since it was one of the most '80s action films I've ever seen.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I don't think the music director actually watched any of the scenes he put music over or he was given really vague scene overviews. There are occasions like during parts of the gas station shootout where heroic inspiring music is playing as the cyborgs are gunning down cops.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 9, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

PrinceRandom posted:

I don't think the music director actually watched any of the scenes he put music over or he was given really vague scene overviews. There are occasions like during parts of the gas station shootout where heroic music is playing as the cyborgs are gunning down cops.

The beginning was so confusing. My brother and I were listening to the music and asking each other "Is Baldie the hero? Are we supposed to be cheering for him? I mean, this is pretty gruesome, but the music is so triumphant!"

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I love how the cyborg goes full cyborg rights advocate like two minutes after becoming self-aware as a cyborg.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rifftrax now has a user suggestion system.

http://rifftrax.uservoice.com/

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Vote for the Wizard

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

PrinceRandom posted:

Vote for the Wizard

I do NOT want to have to sit through Dark Knight Rises again.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Vote for Tommy :colbert:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

You've got 10 of them. I used three for that and the Wizard. I also hosed up my comment for Simon Sez. Really they should do Double Team too. But I'm out. How has Denis Rodman been in two action movies?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

3 for Wizard and 3 for goddamn Legend.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Why are people not all voting for Starcrash?

t:mad:t

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

As long as it's not DKR, Harry Potter or a Star Trek movie I'll be content.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm waiting for 4chan or Reddit to get a hold of the link and then there are thousands of votes for Debbie Does Dallas.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

I enjoyed Tommy when I watched it, but come on this is goofy as hell and I'd love to see it riffed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePiGVI2Hs-g

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Pimball?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
3 votes for The Wizard. It's just barely watchable while still being cheesy as hell, which is the best kind of film for riffing.

(Also, I really don't want to have to sit through Godzilla '98 again.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sorry, Tommy is just one of my favorite albums/movies of all time.

Then again I also love Phantom of the Paradise, so what do I know?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I struggle to sit through musicals, so Tommy is probably out (it took me three tries to get through the Apple). Though I haven't heard of Starcrash until now, that's one that practically writes itself. C'mon, just look at this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfuNSpP0RA

David Hasselhoff fighting robots with a light sabre!

The Wizard and Demolition Man are also up there. Man, this is going to be a tough one.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I added the Warriors of Virtue and The Pagemaster, then voted for Super Mario Bros and the Never Ending Story. This is a great feature that will lead to the destruction of us all.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I requested Godzilla Final Wars, because someone had to.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Even though I doubt it'll get votes, I'm putting in Disney's My Favorite Martian movie because I really want someone to riff this thing. I saw this as a kid and hated it. It's a movie without an audience. What kid, in 1999, had heard of an obscure sitcom from the 60s? What adult had fond enough memories to drag a kid to this? Worse, it actually has some potential, because you've got Christopher Lloyd being extremely hammy, but it squanders it with a terrible script. Throw in an irritating sidekick and stupid jokes (the alien has an addiction to ice cream? The protagonist's neighbor mistakenly thinks he's a pervert? Two nasa employess are killed by the protagonists and no one ever mentions this again?) and you've got one stinker of a film.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Click the image and get some rifftrax on the cheap! I can't speak on the others, but Cool As Ice and Supersonic Man are golden!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Shake Hands With Danger is an essential short, if you're into the shorts.

"Why Doesn't Cathy Eat Breakfast? / Petaluma Chicken" is hard to even have an opinion on, other than "meh". It's funny, but unremarkable.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Put votes in for "Starcrash", "Death Drug", "The Giant Claw", and "Ninja Terminator".
That movie... I love Ken Russell, the guy directed two of my favorite movies, but I could barely make it through that. There were a couple of good scenes but overall just a big mess.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I feel like I should be partially embarrassed that the only reason I nominated the Wizard is because I've never seen it and feel like the only way I could get through it is with a riff.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Please vote for Lifeforce because it's pure Golan-Globus cheese.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Robert Denby posted:

That movie... I love Ken Russell, the guy directed two of my favorite movies, but I could barely make it through that. There were a couple of good scenes but overall just a big mess.

Tommy was a mess but it was an entertaining mess. It's not like it's unwatchable or anything. I mean come on, Ann-Margret swimming in baked beans that fly out of a TV commercial into her '50s as all hell living room.

I think Elton John took the part on the condition that he got to keep the boots, too.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 12, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Robert Denby posted:

Put votes in for "Starcrash", "Death Drug", "The Giant Claw", and "Ninja Terminator".

If they do Ninja Terminator that will lead to an unending treasure trove of Joseph Lai/Godfrey Ho/Thomas Tang movies that will leave me broke. They'd make millions from the Catman movies alone.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think Elton John took the part on the condition that he got to keep the boots, too.

They wanted Rod Stewart to play the Pinball Wizard, but Elton convinced him it would be bad for his career.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New Batman short is up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
It looks like Mike and the boys are branching out. Total Riff Off coming to NatGeo on April 1st.

• Locked thread