Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Hearing dubbed voices other than the Abridged version somehow feels wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Pyrotoad posted:

Same hairstyle, same first name, same english voice. Coincidence? :tinfoil:

Inscribed circles around an area with a history of extreme bloodshed and high-level conspiracies... focal points on each area with extra concentrated bloodshed... certain individuals transform themselves with a blood sacrifice...

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Third round of voice actors are:

quote:

Levi – Matthew Mercer
Petra – Caitlin Glass
Hange – Jessica Calvello
Daz – Brad Venable
Bertholdt – David Matranga
Franz – James Chandler
Rico – Morgan Garrett
Pyxis – R Bruce Elliott
Nack – Will Short

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014...itanSOCIALMEDIA

Also here's a one more dub clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swBXBYNBfew

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 12, 2014

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Welp, the most important characters, Sasha and Hange, sound great.

ETA: Hange, not Hanji.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

You know, I half-expected Pixis to be dubbed by R Bruce Elliot. I am not surprised by that casting.

It's going to take some time to get used to RE6 Leon Kennedy's voice coming out of Levi's mouth, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Haahah, Matthew Mercer as Levi? That's radical, I was not expecting them to get him considering the dude lived in Cali and has never done voice work for Funimation before. Man, this is nuts I expected them to put their A-Team on it, but I didn't expect even California VAs showing up for this too!

AradoBalanga posted:

You know, I half-expected Pixis to be dubbed by R Bruce Elliot. I am not surprised by that casting.

Yeah, he's sort of their go to guy for the old men. I remembered hearing Seitz's voice when I was watching the anime for that character, but knowing that Elliot would be who they put on there.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 13, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Maybe the dubs will make Rico less annoying somehow.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I hope they make her speech twice as long

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Factory Factory posted:

Inscribed circles around an area with a history of extreme bloodshed and high-level conspiracies... focal points on each area with extra concentrated bloodshed... certain individuals transform themselves with a blood sacrifice...

Well, I guess this means Eren will be voiced by Vic Mignognia. Just feels like the natural thing to do, right.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Cerony posted:

Well, I guess this means Eren will be voiced by Vic Mignognia. Just feels like the natural thing to do, right.

And Mikasa voiced by Caitlin Glass.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Pyrotoad posted:

And Mikasa voiced by Caitlin Glass.

Petra is already voiced by her. I'm expecting Johnny Yong Bosch and Laura Bailey because they're in literally everything.

e: and Armin is Wendee Lee somehow

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Yeah, this wouldn't be a Funimation production without Laura Bailey popping up somewhere.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Sean Schemmel for Eren and Chris Sabat for Mikasa make it happen Funimation.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Oh god. Alongside the background music it's some horrible cross between Metal Gear and Sonic. :gonk:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vermain posted:

Yeah, this wouldn't be a Funimation production without Laura Bailey popping up somewhere.

She hasn't been a dedicated Funimation VA in a while, I don't really see her showing up. Her, Troy Baker, and Travis Willingham make up this like trio of former Funi VAs who hit it really big in California as voice actors and are now even voicing superheroes in Marvel stuff. I'd be really surprised to hear any of them in this dub, but I am not against it because they are all great.

I'm honestly curious to hear who they're gonna have Sabat voice, I can't think of any character in this show that is a Sabat character, even someone like Reiner is still kind of young and small to have that kind of voice.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I'm honestly curious to hear who they're gonna have Sabat voice, I can't think of any character in this show that is a Sabat character, even someone like Reiner is still kind of young and small to have that kind of voice.
Sabat would have been my runner-up choice for Pixis or Grisha, but they've been cast.

The only others I could think of Sabat possibly voicing are Mike (Sir Sniffs-a-Lot/senior Scouting Legion member), Velman (bearded Garrison commander who flipped his poo poo in eps. 9-10), Dallas Zackley (the head of the military), or Nial (Military Police commander). The latter two won't appear until the second half of the series, meaning that if Sabat was cast as either character, we wouldn't know until that part of the series got released.

But watch me be wrong and Sabat's voicing Reiner. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Mikasa – Trina Nishimura
Hugo – Tyson Rinehart
Ian – Scott Freeman
Milieus – Joel McDonald
Mina – Alexis Tipton
Mitabi – Kyle Hebert
Mobb – Matthew Ham

Yo Trina Nishimura as Mikasa is rad. They are really drawing out these reveals though, I don't remember any of these characters aside from Mina.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm genuinely amazed that they didn't wait until Anime Boston to reveal Mikasa. I figured the plan was to reveal everyone except the big three leads, and have their VAs appear at Funi's Anime Boston panel as special surprise guests.

Also, Ian and Mitabi are part of Velman's squad (along with Rico). They're the Garrison troops that help during the boulder moving operation.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Yo Trina Nishimura as Mikasa is rad. They are really drawing out these reveals though, I don't remember any of these characters aside from Mina.
I did a character post some time back; I'll probably clean this up if/when the second season comes out.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Who the gently caress is Mobb?

E: http://shingekinokyojin.wikia.com/wiki/Moblit_Berner

:ms:

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 13, 2014

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Probably Moblit, Zoe's buddy. I forgot to put him in the character list!! :argh:

fake edit: oh okay, you found him

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Day late, but I always imagined English Levi sounding something like Zuko. Matt Mercer does a good job though.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Didn't see it posted yet so here's the dub video of Mikasa when she gives her little speech after Eren's mishap.

http://youtu.be/0qypx7k7yKQ

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I like the shaky cam effect they added, makes me feel like I'm really there having an emotional breakdown

E: Apparently my internet just sucked rear end while loading that video so this joke makes no sense to anyone but me.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 14, 2014

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Jackard posted:

Maybe the dubs will make Rico less annoying somehow.

Her being annoying was what hammered home to me that Eren's transformation would fail, because it distracted him from his objective, which turned out to be true.

Rico essentially caused that entire mission to fail and it took the anime to make me realize that. Seriously though, she's a bitch.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mordaedil posted:

Her being annoying was what hammered home to me that Eren's transformation would fail, because it distracted him from his objective, which turned out to be true.

Rico essentially caused that entire mission to fail and it took the anime to make me realize that. Seriously though, she's a bitch.

I took that a little differently. To me, Eren was conflicted. Deep down he didn't really want to do what was expected of him. It took Armin reminding him of what his real goal is, and how he can't do that while Titans threaten the world and take away the freedom he truly desires.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 14, 2014

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I took that a little differently. To me, Eren was conflicted. Deep down he didn't really want to do what was expected of him. It took Armin reminding him of what his real goal is, and how he can't do that while Titans threaten the world and take away the freedom he truly desires.

Then I guess you didn't really get why Henge's experimentation were performed the way they were?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

When did Eren's transformation fail? He turned into a titan immediately during the rock moving operation. The reason the initial mission failed was that he went berserk and started attacking Mikasa.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Mordaedil posted:

Rico was just trying to let someone who, compared to her, was a Rookie in Titan fighting know the stakes. The speech is a little too long, but that's what I took away from it. She was basically saying "Don't gently caress this up, cause a lot of us are going to die on this operation."

Besides, she comes through in the end when she nuts up and takes that last Titan's eye out.

Also I don't think the speech had anything to do with him losing control. He had just found out about his abilities hours before the operation. I saw it as an unexpected complication of a new shifter trying out his abilities for one of the first times.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

MOOOSEEESSSSUUUUU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Here's a new dub clip.
http://crimson-dragon92.tumblr.com/post/79564130212/attack-on-titan-english-dub-clip-5-get-the

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Armin's voice is perfect. Just how I imagine it in my head.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, for those wondering who is who:

Armin: Josh Grelle
Annie: Lauren Linda
Reiner: Robert McCollum

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's annoying me they leave loving Eren for last.

The only voices I approve of so far are proabably Marco and Mikasa. All the rest sound worse than the voice given in my head

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Johnny Yong Bosch for Eren is pretty much a given and probably my ideal choice regardless.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I honestly have no idea who they're gonna cast as Eren, there's so many VAs they could use and I can't really pin down who they might use.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Sockser posted:

Johnny Yong Bosch for Eren is pretty much a given and probably my ideal choice regardless.

Bosch can to my campus a few months back to talk to fans and take questions. He was asked what his current favorite show was and he said it was AoT, but he struggled with it for a bit so I think he was just reaching for something popular.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
The voices sound okay but all the dialogue snippets so far have very clunky phrasing, even in parts where they don't need to match frames.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sockser posted:

You're probably right. If you need a guy who can scream really loud and sound great while doing it, Bosch is the obvious choice.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I honestly have no idea who they're gonna cast as Eren, there's so many VAs they could use and I can't really pin down who they might use.
Fans are assuming it's Greg Ayres due to him being on Anime Boston's guest list.

Except Ayres has been a regular at the convention since 2005, so it probably means nothing and fans are grasping at straws. You know, like they do.

• Locked thread