Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
Bats! :derp:

boop :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Dove from Above posted:

I think cute fluffy animals should always be in attendance in Congress, and Senate, and the House of Lords, and places like that. It's surely much harder to make rear end in a top hat laws when you have a bunny in your lap.

Mayhaps, but be careful, because a fluffy cat meanwhile turns you into a supervillain.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Bats really are just Sky Mice.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Zero Star posted:

A diver helps a dolphin caught on a fishing line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvgkHSyKFE

Here's the full version. Apparently, they could not remove the hook :(. Still, this guy swims way more easily now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9I4BxuryY

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Dear cute thread; I am super sick and would like the cutest picture of a baby skunk that you can find. Please send help.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Filthy Haiku posted:

Dear cute thread; I am super sick and would like the cutest picture of a baby skunk that you can find. Please send help.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

They kind of remind me of badgers!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

NarkyBark posted:

The German word for "bat" is "Fledermaus", which translates very roughly to "fluttering mouse". :3:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

NarkyBark posted:

My Lovely Horse posted:

The German word for "bat" is "Fledermaus", which translates very roughly to "fluttering mouse". :3:

Bats are bugs.

Honduran White Bats sleep under big heliconia leaves in bunches like grapes, using the leaf like a tent.

Tuxedo Ted has a new favorite as of 08:49 on Mar 14, 2014

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.
Those ears get me every time :kimchi:

For content, have the video that gif's taken from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbTWWWtFFUs

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Bats are bugs.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Fun fact: If you flip pics of bats upside down they look like they're having an awesome dance off

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Filthy Haiku posted:

Aleator
Jun 27, 2011

I am nothing but a blade, waiting for the perfect time to end an ancient warrior's pride.

pseudomonkey posted:

Fun fact: If you flip pics of bats upside down they look like they're having an awesome dance off

Thank you for this. It really made me laugh and my coworkers are wondering what is wrong with me but I don't care. :3:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

dino. posted:

drat awesome story I wish happened to me.
Well that's weird, it got really dusty in here all of a sudden. Crazy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

pseudomonkey posted:

We just got served. We just got served adorableness.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
:frogsiren: CORGI PUPPIES! :frogsiren:

http://www.wimp.com/relievestress/

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Via the KSP thread:

Felipe Falanghe (HarvesteR) posted:

That was such a cool moment, to see those two leaning over the computer and being able to really talk rocket science with each other... An 11 year old boy and an engineer from JPL talking rocket science... I know I've exceeded my wildest expectations from when we started KSP countless times already, but this one set a new record. It's awesome beyond words.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

We need swift, decisive action in situations like this, instead of this useless dilly-dallying about.

A boop on every nose;
a rub on every belly

(holy poo poo corgi puppies :3:)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Took me a minute to realize this is a bat mobile. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Holy gently caress. I have never wanted a puppy more in my life.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
So grumpy. :)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Took me a minute to realize this is a bat mobile. :3:

Awesome. There was an issue of MAD magazine that came out after Batman Returns that advertised "Free Batmobile inside!", I didn't get the joke then, and was upset about getting a baby's toy instead of a car.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Pilli posted:

Here's the full version. Apparently, they could not remove the hook :(. Still, this guy swims way more easily now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9I4BxuryY

Still, it's amazing how the dolphin understands the diver's gestures to come over and willingly relaxes so the line can be removed. It's crazy how intelligent they are and how they seem to "get" that the divers aren't a threat to them. :unsmith:

Murder Hats
Nov 16, 2008

"You need to put as much focus on work as you give to getting the perfect reCaptcha phrase!"
/
:backtowork:

quote:

Conservationists in New Zealand are celebrating after an extremely rare kakapo chick hatched from a cracked egg held together by nothing more than tape and glue.

:parrot:

:parrot:

an article here

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

You'd think with being the most randy parrot and all there would be more of them.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Dienes posted:

You'd think with being the most randy parrot and all there would be more of them.

See this is why proper sexual education is a detriment to society. Kakapos should not have access to birth control.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
Waiting for mom to get lunch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dienes posted:

Cameramen aren't generally considered to be a compatible species.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dienes posted:

Proper Kakapo mating is a several-month long process that involves long mountain hikes, construction of sound amplification dishes, and group dance competitions. It is ridiculous the amount of poo poo a Kakapo has to go through to get it on with a lady.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 03:51 on Mar 15, 2014

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xjiqlVK0AY

Just a nice little video of some corgi snuggles.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Aw man, those are the most motherly eyes I've ever seen on a non human animal.

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.
Along the same lines at the dolphin video earlier, here's a group of people helping a whale get rid of some pesky net, an uplifting video if I ever seen one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXU7G6zhjU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If there's any kind of spill near Phillip Island, the wildlife preserve makes sure the penguins don't groom and ingest the oil off themselves.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
A German DJ at work. Everybody should have that much fun at their job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7H7p80kZN8

pigdog has a new favorite as of 16:35 on Mar 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Fromm BSS:

Mister Roboto posted:

I know this is anime but I'm posting it here because it's awesome and relevant to comicbook nerds.

http://kotaku.com/awesome-dad-anima...dium=Socialflow

"Robson Menezes dos Santos is definitely a "Father of the Year" candidate. He spent 6 months to create a Dragon Ball animation for his son's birthday, replacing Vegeta, Trunks and Gohan with himself and his 9-year-old son.

In the full clip—which is in Brazilian—he was also able to bring the original, Brazilian voice actors of Bulma and Goku round. They're basically saying "Happy Birthday" in portuguese to the kid in the first few minutes."

:3:

• Locked thread